Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video Songs Of Hemant Da
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Singers > Hemant Kumar
simplefable
Hemant kumar's voice has that vulnerability and sensuousness which is sublime. When Biswajeet romanced on screen..with the beautiful Waheeda rehman, what we remember for ages to come is the voice of hemant ...Hope you will all like this song..those were the days when women used to be worshipped and called in reverant tones....not Cheez badi hai mast mast...

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

yeh nayan dare dare
Film Kohra
Singer Hemant kumar
Music director Hemant kumar
Lyricist Kaifi Azmi
format mpeg1
size 13.79 Mb
FRAME 352 x 288
BITRATE 260 KBPS

Click to view attachment
sbiswas2005
Simply superb Simplefableji...

There is a Bengali version also. The Bengali song is from the film "Dweep Jele Jaai"

The song is "Ei Raat Tomar Amaar" [meaning in Hindi (who doesn't know Bengali) "Yeh Raat Tumhara Aur Mera"]

Hemant Kumar sahab ne us gaane mein bhi kamaal kar dikhaya...

Subir
simplefable
QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Aug 11 2007, 10:30 AM) *

Simply superb Simplefableji...

There is a Bengali version also. The Bengali song is from the film "Dweep Jele Jaai"

The song is "Ei Raat Tomar Amaar" [meaning in Hindi (who doesn't know Bengali) "Yeh Raat Tumhara Aur Mera"]

Hemant Kumar sahab ne us gaane mein bhi kamaal kar dikhaya...

Subir

Thankyou very much Subir ji...Hemant da is a gifted singer, music director and a producer too..i admire him very much..and though i dont know bengali...i would love to have his collection..it would be interesting to have both versions...Hopefully i will download his songs from this forum... biggrin.gif
I am posting one more delightful song from Bin badal barsat...Jindagi kitni khoobsurat hai...His voice is so soothing...i strongly advice it as a medicine to stressed out people.. biggrin.gif

Jindagi kitni khoobsurat hai
Film Bin badal barsat
Music director Hemant kumar
Resolution 400 X 304
Bit rate 681
Size 14.09 Mb

Click to view attachment

simplefable
This song is from Khamoshi directed by Asit sen and music by Hemant Da and lyrics by Gulzar. this is a wonderful film.. a real film where you can see characters as they are...One of my proud possessions in my collection. The songs in this film are absolute bliss to listen to. they make you think, revel and be happy that we are humans afterall. This song Tum pukarlo...has arguably one of the finest whistle tunes and as Subir Ji ne kaha...from the Bengali version of this film..Dweep Jweley Jai.The video is also one of the finest. Waheeda rehman, who is one of the most graceful ladies on indian film screen showed what acting means in this film..you have rajesh khanna and dharmendra as men in her life..if you have never watched this film..i recommend you strongly to do it , or else you WILL miss out something. This is an absolute classic.
Subir ji..an interesting fact for you..and all other connoisseurs out there..a little snippet of info on bengali version..Director Asit Sen acted in only one movie Deep Jweley Jai (1959) in a role (the brief role in which Dharmendra appeared in Khamoshi) where the movie-goers actually could not recognise him because it was a dark scene marked with the baritone voice of Hemant Kumar. Later he revealed himself in an interview in the 1990s.
lyrics go like this..

Honth pe liye hue dil ki baat hum
Jaagte rahenge aur kitni raat hum
Muqtasar si baat hai tum se pyaar hai
Tumhara intezaar hai, tum pukar lo

Dil bahal to jaayega is khayal se
Haal mil gaya tumhara apne haal se
Raat ye qaraar ki beqarar hai
Tumhara intezaar hai

Haan..Sunne wale sabhi ka dil toh behal jayega hi.....

Tum pukarlo
Khamoshi
Hemant Kumar
Gulzar
400 X 304
533 kbps

Click to view attachment
sbiswas2005
Thanks a lot Simplefableji for your valuable information about the song. I knew it. Still it will be very interesting infomation for those who don't know.

I think u have heard the bengali version from the link I have provided in the Kishoreda video thread.

You can download this song from this link Ei Raat Tomar Amar

Starring: Basant Chowdhury, Suchitra Sen, Anil Chatterjee, Pahadi Sanyal etc.
Singer & Music: Hemant Kumar

I will find the video of this Bengali version in my collection. If i find it I must upload...biggrin.gif

Subir
simplefable
Biswas ji..Thankyou for your comments..they inspire me and guide me too..when you are free..and literally have time, please upload audio songs..of Hemant Da..which are in hindi too...it would be a dream to collect them ..actually when i graduated, i went to calcutta..to receive my certificate..and i had this dream of visiting him...i was too young..and didnt had the courage or drive i have now and missed out on that..and incidentally, HE passed away with in the next two months or so...i felt so bad...i will regret it for life...May be i should make time and go and visit greats like...Manna Da and Mahendra kapoor ji....How i wish i can do that !!!
sbiswas2005
I must try to upload those Bengali songs which have hindi version too...biggrin.gif

Subir
simplefable
This song is the result of geniuses ..a director / actor .a gifted music director..a wonderful lyricist and a voice beyond compare. They are Guru dutt...S.D.Burman, Sahir Ludhiyanvi and Hemant Da...one of my favourites of altime, the lighting and the mood makes us really really search ourselves for that elusive answers..and questions too....a vintage video to be cherished.

Jaane woh kaise log the jinko pyar se pyar mila
Film Pyasa
Music S.D.Burman
Lyrics Sahir Ludhiyanvi
Resolution 368 X 288
Bitrate 434 kbps

Click to view attachment
simplefable
It is funny why we like some videos and why we dont get impressed with some. this song is my favourite and falls under the first category. There is so much intensity in Bina Roy's Eyes..and Pradeep kumar's demeanour, we just get immersed in the aura straight away. Every word of this song is meant to be there and no where else and silken voice of Hemant Da..along with Lata takes us to a place where we forget everything around us. Hope you all will enjoy this song too..

Jaag dard e ishq jag...
Film Anarkali
Music Chitalkar
Lyrics Rajendar krishan
Resolution 320 X 240
Bitrate 350

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Click to view attachment
simplefable
Why do songs fascinate us? May be because they tell a lot about life, much more than any conversation. This fabulous song conveys so much, it moves every heart. the intensity is spell binding, as Dharmendra simply stands among the crowded room and renders this song. Hemant Da, as usual takes us to the twilight zone, where imagination, reality and life all come together in a melodious heart touching song..Ya dil ki sunoh Yeh duniyawalon ya mujh ko abhi chup rehnedo...Main gham ko khushi kaise kehdoon...joh kehte hain unko kehnedo...Kya dard kisi ka lega koyee itna toh kisi mein dard naheen...Sheer Bliss !!

The trivia? Dharmendra was very apprehensive whether Hemant Da's voice suits him...he was proved wrong. and how !! Sharmila who portrays such an innocent facade in this film created waves when during the same year she posed in a bikini....

Ya dil ki suno...
Film Anupama
Music Hemant Kumar
Lyrics Kaifi Azmi
Resolution 368 X 288
Bitrate 432 kbps

Click to view attachment
simplefable
This is the song for which Hemant Da will always be remembered for...as it is a chart buster. This is also the first song of Hemant Da i heard and i just fell for it. From the film Bees saal baad, this song features Biswajeet and Waheeda rehman. I saw the film when i am in teens and what remained with me is the melodies that kept coming up...but not the horror part. Actually supposed to be a loose adaptation of famous Sherlock HOlmes' Hounds of Baskerville - arthur conan doyle.. the swamps and the way it was picturised is very good. Though i got the film now, i never sit down to watch it...may be i will, on a rainy day...at least to feast on the songs...! biggrin.gif

Bekarar karke hamein
Bees sal baad
Music Hemant Da
lyrics Shakeel badayuni
688 kbps
400x304

Click to view attachment
Dimple
Bees Saal Baad - Bekarar Karke Hamen

http://rapidshare.com/files/56229210/Bees_...Karke_Hamen.avi
simplefable
One more mesmeric song of Hemant Da....teri duniya mein jeenese...You have charismatic Dev Anand singing his heart out...as Kalpana kartik listens to him from window...Give me an easy chair, a full moon night, and let this song flow...that is what i call life !! smile.gif

Teri duniya mein jeenese...
Ghar No. 44
Music SDBurman
Lyrics Sahir Ludhiyanvi
Frame rate 675 kbps
resolution 352 X 288

Click to view attachment
simplefable
Another enchanting song of Hemant Da...from Shart.
Dekho woh chand chup ke..
Film Shart
frame rate 320 X 262
FLV file

Click to view attachment

sbiswas2005
Thank you very much Simpleji...After a long period I saw you uploading videos....Now-a-days we are being deprived from your beautiful video collection...Am I right??? biggrin.gif

Waiting for more beautiful videos...including Rafi, Lata & Asha.. laugh.gif

Subir
simplefable
Subir...what you said it so true. Just ran out of steam i guess. smile.gif
Here is one beautiful song....from Shart, latest acquisition.

Na yeh chand hoga..
Hemant Da
Avi , 400 x 304, 686 kbps

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.