Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Qur’an, A Guide To What Is Easy
Hamara Forums > General > Spirituality
zashakeel
We have sent down the Book to you which manifests the truth about all things and as guidance and mercy and good news for Muslims. (Qur’an, 16:89)

We did not send down the Qur’an to you to make you miserable, but only as a reminder for those who have fear. (Qur'an, 20:2, 3)

In order for all of humankind to find the truth, to reach the absolute reality, and acquire knowledge about religion, God has sent down holy books and prophets to convey and explain these books, throughout history. The last book God sent down, as a guide to humankind, was the Qur’an. In one verse the attribute of the Qur’an as a guidebook is explained as:

Previously, as guidance for mankind, He sent down the Torah and the Gospel (Furqan). Those who reject God’s Signs will have a terrible punishment. God is Almighty, Exactor of Revenge. (Qur'an, 3:4)

The books sent down prior to the Qur’an, have all been tampered with by polytheists and opponents of religion. These books have been adulterated by the addition of superstitions and false beliefs. But, God has adjudicated clearly in His verses that only the last Holy book, the Qur’an, will not be corrupted and that it will be protected till Judgment Day:

It is We Who have sent down the Reminder (the Qur’an) and We Who will preserve it. (Qur’an, 15:9)

Falsehood cannot reach it from before it or behind it—it is a revelation from One Who is All-Wise, and Praiseworthy. (Qur’an, 41:42)

Believers, who know that the Qur’an will be valid and protected till Doomsday, live with this comfort and confidence. The Qur’an is a book one can fully trust its every command and decree, and follow without experiencing any resentment or doubt in his heart or conscience. For people to have such a “Trustworthy” Guide is a great blessing and mercy given by God. In one of His verses, God informs us of the importance of the Qur’an to believers:

We have sent down the Book to you which manifests the truth about all things and as guidance and mercy and good news for Muslims. (Qur’an, 16:89)

---

Alahumma infa`ni bima `allamtani wa `allamni ma yanfa`uni!

OH ALLAH! Make useful for me what You taught me

and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me!

(AAMEEN)

Best Regards,
Umme Safoora
AzgarKhan
JazakAllah for this Shakeel!
Ashfaque Hussain
Keep continue...JazakAllah
zashakeel

THE QUR’AN,
A GUIDE TO WHAT IS EASY

(Part-2 of 4)

Every individual who knows the Qur’an and makes it his guide learns the purpose of his creation, the means to acquire God’s approval and mercy, how to reach Heaven, what life will be like in Heaven and Hell, the secrets of God’s creation, the best morals, and many more things in the most correct and complete way.
Every type of question that can be asked by different people about religion is answered in the Qur’an.

God states this in one of His verses:
Every time they come to you with a difficult point, We bring you the truth and the best of explanations.
(Qur'an, 25:33)

As all knowledge about religion is provided in the Qur’an, this leaves no room for dispute whatever the subject. God tells us that one of the purposes for the revelation of the Qur’an is to clarify issues that people disagree on:

We have only sent down the Book to you so that you can make clear to them the things about which they differ, and as a guidance and a mercy to people who believe.
(Qur'an, 16:64)

As can be seen in this verse, the Qur’an is a great blessing and a guide in every respect to those who have faith in God and are righteous. God, through the Qur’an, informs us of topics about which we have no knowledge and the secrets of His creation.
For example, the Qur’an instructs us on the existence of Satan, his qualities, his purpose, the angle from which he gets close to people, the tactics he uses, his insidious character, as well as giving much other information. Furthermore, the way to free oneself from Satan’s influence is spelled out in the Qur’an.
Whatever is explained in the Qur’an about Satan is a great advantage to believers, because it enables them always to be alert to the insidious and invisible enemies who approach them.

---

(AAMEEN)
zashakeel

THE QUR’AN, A GUIDE TO WHAT IS EASY

(Part-3 of 4)

The Qur’an is a book that is very clearly comprehensive and which appeals to everyone. As a result, on Judgment Day when people are giving their account of all the things they did, they cannot put forward the excuse that nobody had informed them of what was right or wrong or that they were unaware of certain precepts. God, by the mediation of the Qur’an, warns people in the best possible way and informs them of the most vital issues pertaining to their lives.

Again for the sake of simplicity, God explains His points in a variety of ways so that people may fully comprehend them. God thus makes known to us this style of the Qur’an:

We have brought them a Book elucidating everything with knowledge, as guidance and a mercy for people who believe.
(Qur'an, 7:52)

Look how We explain the Signs with various symbols
so that hopefully they will understand.
(Qur'an, 6:65)

In spite of these declarations of God, the error that most people generally fall into is thinking that the Qur’an cannot be understood by everyone. Most people think that they need to be educated for many years to be able to read, understand, and live by the teachings of the Qur’an. Most of those who reach such a conclusion have never actually read the Qur’an before, even once. Or they have, but haven’t tried to understand it; they have conditioned themselves from the beginning to think that they would not be able to understand it. Whereas the Qur’an, as it informs us, is crystal clear. It possesses a style which is easily comprehensible to anyone who reads it with sincerity.

It is a great blessing for people that the language of the Qur’an can be easily understood. In one of His verses, God declares that He has simplified the Qur’an so that people may read and understand it with ease:

We have revealed to you the Qur’an in your own tongue, so that you may give good news to those who guard against evil and give warning to a contentious nation.

(Qur’an, 19:97)
---

(Aameen)

zashakeel

THE QURAN, A GUIDE TO WHAT IS EASY

(Part-4 of 4)

God states in The Quran,

We have sent down the Book to you which manifests the truth about all things and as guidance and mercy and good news for Muslims.
(Quran, 16:89)

When God has made His religion so much easier for people to understand, out of His mercy and compassion, the only thing left for them to do is reflect upon what God has said and act upon it. However, many people opt for the hard way when there is a simpler way. They go in search of things that will only misguide them and they live their life far from the Quran, which is the sole means of their learning the purpose of their life, and which can be their saviour for all eternity.

As a result, our Prophet (saws) called out to God:
" My Lord, my people treat this Quran as something to be ignored. "
(Quran, 25:30)

Those true believers whose hearts are content and who have submitted to God, know that the Quran is sent down by the All- Powerful and Wise God and that it is the guide that leads to the right path.

God also informs us that the Quran is,

“ A healing and a mercy to the believers ”
(Qur’an, 17:82).

Through the verses in the Quran, all the questions and doubts that may be formed in people’s minds are abolished and its readers learn from it the morals and lifestyles most suited to themselves.

This is a very important point: God has created people in such a way that if they live by the foundation of Islam, they can be happy, peaceful, and mentally and physically healthy individuals.

Those who search for other ways to achieve this will never be able to find them, even if they search for thousands and millions of years.

The only way for an individual to be at ease in this world and the next is to abide by the Quran God has sent down.

As God declares in the following verse, the Quran is the only true Book that lifts people up from darkness into light:
Alif, Lam, Ra. This is a Book We have sent down to you so that you can bring mankind from the darkness to the light, by the permission of their Lord, to the Path of the Almighty, the Praiseworthy.
(Qur'an, 14:1)

Those who follow the light of God’s Book and submit to its guiding rule will always be blessed with ease and lead a wonderful life in this world and in the Hereafter, by the will of God.

---

" O Allaah, place light in my heart, light in my tongue,
light in my hearing, light in my sight,
light behind me, light in front of me,
light on my right, light on my left,
light above me and light below me;
place light in my sinew, in my flesh,
in my blood, in my hair and in my skin;
place light in my soul and make light abundant for me;
make me light and grant me light. "

(Ameen)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.