Apne Hisse Di Duniya Main
Thethon Vaar Deyan
Thethon Vaar Deyan
Thethon Vaar Deyan
Thethon Vaar Deyan

Gurdas Maan
oye_sonu
bow.gif excllent effort Deewani bow.gif

Deewani iss baar again thoda gussa araha hai. mad.gif coz you again took the initiative. I wanted to write the lyrics of three songs of this album"heer" . This album is amng very very fav of mine.

I had ealier posted video of " lakh pardesi hoiye" in HF.

If iam not wrong this album was combined effort of Gurdass mann and Jaidev??. no clue who wrote the lyrics. but LYRICS ARE ZABARDAST .I dont have the cassette or CD.

For eg check the above lines

Mard Hazaaran Ne
Sat Bhrah, Ek Mirza, Baaqi
Kissa Kaaran Ne
Kuli Sahiba Buri Banaati
Mard Hazaaran Ne
Kavian Di Eis Galti Nu Main
Kivein Sudaar Deyan?

Kaviyaan di iss galti nu .....exclllent lines........ . Video of thsi song is brilliant. very diff from typical pjabi videos. one more such song tht I like is from my all time fav album " lal gharara" - " kudiyan te kudiya ne kudiya da ki hai ".

2nd fav song of mine " lakh pardesi". Sabse jayada video senti hai. love you gurdaas bhaji. kya video banaya ! check out few of its lines. Poora 10 mint ka jabardast song hai.

Neet bina na kade muraada mildiya na milangiyan ( refering to purity of mind..neeyat saaf na ho)
jinna marji paath kara lo ghar vich chandi da

APne sir di paagh sambhi jaandi nehi
Bura mannade loki bibi sir toon nangi da.( uncovered head)

Last lines are most zabardast

Marajaane da maan dhaan sab tere haath vich aa
Parda kad layin saeyaan meri changi mandi daaa ( rabb meri galat sahi per parda daal dena)

and it looks brilliant in video !

The title song of heer is absolute treat.

Ki akhya main teri heer banke

the one line tht I like most is

Tere jog da ki fayada je sanjog hi nei likhe
tenu marjaaane maanaa rabb haath perr dete.

laake heer nu kinaare...............

Videos of all the songs are brilliant

no surprise tht thsi album was punjabi album of the year when it was released

More soon ignore typing mistakes

Sonu

oye_sonu
mad.gif and dont dare to write any more lyrics of this album.

Dass raya ( tongue1.gif )

Sonu
oye_sonu
jhonny bhai dekh le proof. cool.gif aur yeh mera copyright hai pehle lyrics likhne ka

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=23154

more soon

Sonu
deewani
Lol Sonu, I can see you are very possesive of this album, lagta hai khafi gaano pe aap ki copyright hai, lol! So I promise to write no more lyrics for this album, though I'm tempted to write out the Heer lyrics, but I won't...... Yes it's Jaidev Kumar, same MD as for Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris, Vilayatan, some Harbhajan Maan albums to name some.... Really been admiring this MD's work in the soundtracks too like Jee Aayan Nu and a few songs in Mannat. I had read that Gurdas himself won an award for the lyrics so I'm going to assume he wrote the lyrics for Kudiye. After all it's got the trademark "Marjaane" line in it. The song really hits you everytime, I love his voice more than ever at this age, deeper, more mature.

Lakh Pardesi Hove, Apna Des Ney Bhandida is also great, along the same lines are his song Veeziyan from Punjeeri. I think my favorite lines from Lakh Pardesi is: "Jede Ghar Vich Ek Dujje Di Pooch-Parcheet Nahin, Aise Ghar Tau Changa, Lokon, Khota Randi Da". Wow it's almost 10 minutes long, I never even noticed that, each line is so precious in it and I never tune out.

Oh and stop calling me Johnny bhai, lol, me thinks you are still sore for me calling you Sonu Bhai! tongue1.gif

Some videos:

Kudiye

Heer

Lakh Pardesi

And this one, just because I think it's so cute

oye_sonu
QUOTE(deewani @ Jul 12 2007, 09:11 PM) *

Lol Sonu, I can see you are very possesive of this album, lagta hai khafi gaano pe aap ki copyright hai, lol! So I promise to write no more lyrics for this album, though I'm tempted to write out the Heer lyrics, but I won't...... Yes it's Jaidev Kumar, same MD as for Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris, Vilayatan, some Harbhajan Maan albums to name some.... Really been admiring this MD's work in the soundtracks too like Jee Aayan Nu and a few songs in Mannat. I had read that Gurdas himself won an award for the lyrics so I'm going to assume he wrote the lyrics for Kudiye. After all it's got the trademark "Marjaane" line in it. The song really hits you everytime, I love his voice more than ever at this age, deeper, more mature.

Lakh Pardesi Hove, Apna Des Ney Bhandida is also great, along the same lines are his song Veeziyan from Punjeeri. I think my favorite lines from Lakh Pardesi is: "Jede Ghar Vich Ek Dujje Di Pooch-Parcheet Nahin, Aise Ghar Tau Changa, Lokon, Khota Randi Da". Wow it's almost 10 minutes long, I never even noticed that, each line is so precious in it and I never tune out.

Oh and stop calling me Johnny bhai, lol, me thinks you are still sore for me calling you Sonu Bhai! tongue1.gif

Dewaani hota yeh hai. ki kaafi kuch plan karke rakhta hon alag alag forums mein. aur fir agar koi post kar de usper to mujhe gussa ata hai. khaaskar agar wo mere favs mein se ho. sad.gif like as I told you " laal gharara" is my all time fav album thts by HRHans my fav voice. I have planed to share details of this album with my pjabi frds. khuda na khasta koi post kar de usper . wacko.gif this album Also has some Brilliant lyrics. " doli chuklo kahaaro hun meri rondeya nu" and then my all time fav song " punj bariyaan".( thts inspi for buhe bariyan of hadiqa).
"jogiyaan de kanna vich kach diyan mundra" etc. The whole album has sufiana touch. only irritating thing for other people will be the jhankar beats used in all songs.

I often get confused btween Jaidev and jawahar wattal. Jawahar wattal is more into pop. but I think he did one album with Gurdass. ( is it pyar karle??). The speciality of GM is the is all rounder....earlier he used to cmpose, sing and write all songs himself. He broke this pattern after few of albums didnt went well. I think after jadugariyan he first time got lyrics and songs composed by some one. I cant recall the album name.

Jaidev I think is v good composer. I still remember his haunting tune for Harbhajan mann - " pardess gayo pardesi hoyeo.....akhiyaan da sawan ". Tune itni assani se dimaag se utarti nehi. and he can compose with equal ease pop songs like - " cham cham karti kothey te" or folkish " mirza"

Sorry Iam not able to recall songs of vilaayatan and panjeeri.
but yes his gaddar "- Shahid buta singh" had very nice songs. " chithiye" being one i can recall.

Since I dont have access to cable/ orginal CDs. so its hard to tell who were compoers or lyricist for him but whtever it is I think he is working with best people who are delvring for him. warish shah ke songs sunne ka time hi nehi mil pa raha :-(

you will enjoy "lakh pardesi" more with video. specially the first scene where guys dont salute our tiranga.

No Bro shro plz...moraal down hota hai .........:-( . ok galti se jhonny bhai likh diya. tongue1.gif

more laterz

Sonu
deewani
QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jul 12 2007, 11:24 AM) *

Since I dont have access to cable/ orginal CDs. so its hard to tell who were compoers or lyricist for him but whtever it is I think he is working with best people who are delvring for him. warish shah ke songs sunne ka time hi nehi mil pa raha :-(

you will enjoy "lakh pardesi" more with video. specially the first scene where guys dont salute our tiranga.

Lol, ok, the first thing you must do is go watch Waris Shah, then listen to its songs, or vice versa, it must be done, it's your homework! He does fabulous work and he wrote all the lyrics! (Except Waris Shah's Heer of course!). And he looks, well, I'll just say it, damn gorgeous! wub.gif (He's what, 50 now?) But that latter one probably does not concern you. tongue1.gif
IPB Image
^^^picture - a nice perc of owning the CD

Lakh Pardesi - the video is nice, has a Shaheed Udhham Singh look going on in the video, but I enjoy the song more, the video is missing many of my favorite lines!

*goes off to write Lal Garara lyrics - just kidding!!!
oye_sonu
Arey koi tension nehi . you are free to write any lyrics.

at least you are able to post abt them . Iam hardly able to get time and then I got slow conenection. i dont know when I will be able to share all those things.

:-) please feel free to post the lyrics if you wish. !! ( including tht of lal ghrara)

god bless

Sonu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.