Kyaa haal hai kya dikha rahe ho

Ban jaayenge zahar peete peete
Ye ashk jo peete jaa rahe ho

Jin zakhmon ko waqt bhar chala hai
Tum kyon unhen chhede jaa rahe ho

Rekhaaon ka khel hai muqaddar
Rekhaaon se maat kha rahe ho
deewani
Kya ghazal yaad dilaayi, thanks Noorie. A favorite of mine from a very young age. Brilliant lyrics.
Hari Ram
QUOTE(noorie @ Jun 11 2007, 09:44 AM) *

Tum Itna Jo Muskura Rahe Ho
- Kaifi Aazmi

Noorie,

Thanks for the lyrics. Your post is one more way to remind us some of these very nice songs.
According to Earth Music, 'tum itna jo muskurado' song is composed by Jagjit Singh himself; whereas, all other songs from this movie are composed by Kuldeep Singh. Is it true?

Hari Ram
deewani
I believe Arth was by Jagjit, but Saath Saath was by Kuldeep. confirmation is welcome. It's a combo CD.
Still trying to figure out why or how T-series re-issued a HMV cd or was it vice versa?

Subir's sight cites different credits though.......
http://www.subir.com/jc/geetsfilms.html
noorie
Deewani you're right, Arth is indeed by Jagjit Singh. Even the style of the composition "Tum Itna Joh" is typical Jagjit Singhesque.

The film too is almost a classic, Mahesh Bhatt did a fine job, the actors too, especially Shabana Aazmi and Smita Patil.

Saath Saath's music was scored by Kuldeep Singh. Another good movie, with Farroque Sheikh and Deepti Naval as the lead pair.

Noorie
Hari Ram
Thanks to both Deewani and Noorie for clarifying Jagjit Sigh as the MD for Arth.

Hari Ram
desai2rn
QUOTE(noorie @ Jun 11 2007, 10:29 PM) *

Deewani you're right, Arth is indeed by Jagjit Singh. Even the style of the composition "Tum Itna Joh" is typical Jagjit Singhesque.

The film too is almost a classic, Mahesh Bhatt did a fine job, the actors too, especially Shabana Aazmi and Smita Patil.

Saath Saath's music was scored by Kuldeep Singh. Another good movie, with Farroque Sheikh and Deepti Naval as the lead pair.

Noorie

Excllent music by Jagjit ji in Arth. I specially like the other two songs, " Juki Juki si nazar " and " Koi yeh kaise ". Every time I watch the movie I wish there were more songs. I think the lyrics were by Kafi Azmi.

Dimple
Aaaah one of my favorite songs ! smile1.gif Jagjit Singh at his best
supercheapcamera
QUOTE(deewani @ Jun 11 2007, 09:22 PM) *

I believe Arth was by Jagjit, but Saath Saath was by Kuldeep. confirmation is welcome. It's a combo CD.
Still trying to figure out why or how T-series re-issued a HMV cd or was it vice versa?

Subir's sight cites different credits though.......
http://www.subir.com/jc/geetsfilms.html

I think I figured it out. My sister had an audio cassette of Arth and Saath-Saath. It was in HMV. My freind had a CD in T series which was a COVER version of those two movies. And most of you may not agree with my next line.

The singer on the T series CD has sung is better than the other one. I am still trying to get hold of that CD. That CD is one of my reasons for supporting cover versions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.