Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rajesh Khanna
Hamara Forums > Films > Bollywood
Dimple
Hi I was a big fan of Rajesh Khanna and his movies. Can someone please post his pix / film caps from the 70's and 80's (Aradhana, Kati Patang, Anand, Mere Jeevan Sathi, Aan Milo Sajna, Amar Prem etc......)

Rajesh Khanna (Punjabi: ਰਾਜੇਸ਼ ਖੰਨਾ) (born Jatin Khanna on December 29, 1942 in Amritsar) is an Indian Bollywood actor. He has also served a five year tenure as MP in the Indian parliament (1991-1996).

Dimple
blink.gif what? NO Rajesh fans here ? ohmy.gif sad.gif how sad

Here are some pix I have

PLEASE PLEASE someone add more rolleyes.gif
Dimple
Early Life
Rajesh Khanna came from a very rich family . Khanna's father disapproved Rajesh's taking on a professional acting career. His first film did not do too well nonetheless, Rajesh persisted and did very well in the industry. He is Hindi cinema's first officially acknowledged superstar.[1]

During the 1970s, Rajesh Khanna married Dimple Kapadia, a Bollywood actress who had just made her film debut in Bobby. At the time of Kapadia's film debut, she was sixteen years old; Khanna was thirty-one. They became the parents of Twinkle Khanna and Rinke Khanna, who would also become Bollywood actresses.

[edit] Later Life
Khanna and Dimple Kapadia separated in the early 1980s. Their elder daughter Twinkle is married to current star Akshay Kumar and younger daughter Rinke to a businessman.

Khanna was a Member of Parliament for the New Delhi constituency (1991-96).

[edit] Bollywood career

[edit] Early Success
Rajesh Khanna joined the film industry in 1966 after winning an All India Talent Contest jointly organized by United Producers and Filmfare(selected by Panel of judges: Bimal Roy, Guru Dutt, Chetan Anand, G.P. Sippy, Sri Sakti Samanta, Sri B. R. Chopra). His film debut was in Aakhri Khat which went unnoticed. He appeared in a few more films over the next two years which did not gain him any recognition. He shot to fame with the 1969 film Aradhana which was hugely successful at the box office. From then on he was an extremely popular actor in the 1970s, appearing in many romantic films and melodramas, where he was often paired with Mumtaz or Sharmila Tagore. Some of his most successful films in this period included Anand (1970), Amar Prem (1971), Andaaz (1971), Bawarchi (1972) Daag (1973) and Namak Haraam (1973). During his heyday he would be mobbed during public appearances. Fans kissed his car, which would be covered with lipstick marks, and lined the road, cheering and chanting his name. Female fans sent him letters written in their own blood [1] From 1969 to 1973 he had 15 consecutive hit films, a journalist Devyani Chaubal dubbed him "phenomenon" when he was at his peak. Several of the popular songs sung by Kishore Kumar in the 1970s were picturized on Khanna and helped his films become successful.

[edit] Later Career
However the success perhaps caused him to be complacent, often turning up very late for shoots and throwing tantrums as well as having a whole entourage of sycophants accompany him for his shoots [[2]]. This behaviour coupled with the changing trend from romantic movies to action oriented films in the late 1970s and 1980s made Rajesh Khanna's films box office rating downward, He starred in movies like some like Amar Deep, Red Rose, Mehabooba, Anurodh, Palko ki Chaon Mein, were not succesful and some like Avtar, Thodisi Bewafai ,Souten did click. He played central characters or guest roles in some movies such as Disco Dancer (1982), and Vijay (1988) . He also performed in mult-star films with central characters like Kudrat, Rajpoot, Dharm Aur Kanoon and performed fine polished performance. But beyond the first half of the 1980's his roles diminished. His most recent few film appearances were in Aa Ab Laut Chalen (1999) Kyaa Dil Ne Kahaa (2002)and Jana (2006). After a long gap presently he is engaged with a number of new movies; some of which are ready for release shortly.

[edit] Political career
During 1991-1996, Rajesh Khanna was a Member of Parliament for the Congress Party, from the New Delhi constituency.

[edit] Television career
In 2001-2002, Rajesh Khanna played major roles in two television serials: Aapne Parai (B4U & DD Metro) and Ittefaqu (Zee TV).

He performed in a video album based on Tagore's immortal songs (Rabindra Sangeet) free of cost. Currently he is busy in processing his own music channel viz. R.K. Music Channel.

[edit] Filmfare awards
Rajesh Khanna has been nominated for fourteen Filmfare Best Actor awards .

2005 - Winner Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award
1990 - Winner Special Award for twenty-five years in the film industry
1983 - Nominated Best Actor for Avtaar
1981 - Nominated Best Actor for Dard
1980 - Nominated Best Actor for Thodi Si Bewafai
1979 - Nominated Best Actor for Amar Deep
1975 - Winner Best Actor for Aavishkaar
1974 - Nominated Best Actor for Prem Nagar
1973 - Winner Special Award for Guest appearance for Anurag
1973 - Nominated Best Actor for Daag
1972 - Nominated Best Actor for Amar Prem
1972 - Nominated Best Actor for Dushman
1971 - Nominated Best Actor for Kati Patang
1972 - Winner Best Actor for Anand
1971 - Winner Best Actor for Sachcha Jhutha
1969 - Nominated Best Actor for Aradhana
1969 - Nominated Best Actor for Ittefaq

[edit] Bengal Film Journalists Association Awards
1971 - Winner Best Actor for Anand [3]
1972 - Winner Best Actor for Bawarchi [4]
1974 - Winner Best Actor for Namak Haraam [5]
1987 - Winner Best Actor for Amrita [6]

[edit] Other awards
In 2001, he was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by Sansui Film Awards [[7]
In April of 2003, Rajesh Khanna had been chosen for the Maharastra state government’s Raj Kapoor and V. Shantaram’ Awards, respectively. He had been chosen for his contribution to the film industry.[8]
In March of 2004, he has bagged the Bollywood Awards 2004's Lifetime Achievement Award and also received the Lifetime of Glamour award at the Kingfisher Bollywood Fashion Awards at USA. [9]
He was awarded the "Pride of Film Industry" by the Stardust Awards on 21th of February 2005.[10]
He is the recipient of the “Outstanding Contribution to the Motion Picture Industry of India” Awards at the eighth annual Bollywood Movie Awards in Trinidad (Centre of Excellence) on 10th of June 2006. [11]
On 4th February 2006, he was awarded with "Yugantar Gaurav Puraskar". [12]
He is a recipient of the "Glory of India Award" by IIAF, London. [13]
These are in addition to a number of Life Time Achievement Awards of international and national repute.

Filmography
Jana: Let's fall in love (2006).
Kyaa Dil Ne Kahaa (2002).
Aa Ab Laut Chalen (1999)
Sautela Bhai (1996)
Khudai (1994)
Rupaye Dus Karod (1991)
Swarg (1990)
Paap Ka Ant (1989)
Ghar Ka Chirag (1989)
Main Tera Dushman (1989)
Vijay (1988)
Woh Phir Aayegi (1988)
Goraa (1987)
Avam (1987)
Awara Baap (1987)
Nazrana (1987)
Sitapur Ki Geeta (1987)
Anokha Rishta (1986)
Nasihat (1986)
Adhikar (1986)
Amrit (1986)
Angaarey (1986)
Mohabbat Ki Kasam (1986)
Shatru (1986)
Babu (1985)
Alag Alag (1985)
Hum Dono (1985)
Bewafai (1985)
Nishan (1985)
Aakhir Kyon? (1985)
Durga (1985)
Insaaf Main Karoonga (1985)
Masterji (1985)
Oonche Log (1985)
Zamana (1985)
Naya Kadam (1984)
Asha Jyoti (1984)
Aaj Ka M.L.A. Ram Avtar (1984)
Awaaz (1984)
Dharam Aur Kanoon (1984)
Maqsad (1984)
Paapi Pet Ka Sawaal Hai (1984)
Disco Dancer (1983)
Agar Tum Na Hote (1983)
Souten (1983)
Avtaar (1983)
Dharam Kanta (1982)
Rajput (1982)
Suraag (1982)
Ashanti (1982)
Dil-E-Nadan (1982)
Jaanwar (1982)
Dard (1981)
Dhanwan (1981)
Fifty Fifty (1981)
Kudrat (1981)
Aanchal (1980)
Red Rose (1980)
Thodisi Bewafaii (1980)
Bandish (1980/I)
Phir Wohi Raat (1980)
Prem Bandhan (1979)
Amar Deep (1979)
Janata Havaldar (1979)
Muqabla (1979)
Til Til Dalekha (1979)
Naukri (1978)
Bhola Bhala (1978)
Chakravyuha (1978)
Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein (1977)
Aaina (1977)
Aashiq Hoon Baharon Ka (1977)
Anurodh (1977)
Chalta Purza (1977)
Chhaila Babu (1977)
Karm (1977)
Tyaag (1977)
Mehbooba (1976)
Bandalbaaz (1976)
Maha Chor (1976)
Sawa Lakh Se Ek Ladaun (1976)
Aakraman (1975)
Prem Kahani (1975)
Roti (1974)
Ajnabee (1974)
Aap Ki Kasam (1974)
Humshakal (1974)
Prem Nagar (1974)
Namak Haraam (1973)
Avishkaar (1973)
Raja Rani (1973)
Daag: A Poem of Love (1973)
Joroo Ka Ghulam (1972)
Anuraag (1972)
Apna Desh (1972)
Bawarchi (1972)
Dil Daulat Duniya (1972)
Maalik (1972)
Mere Jeevan Saathi (1972)
Shehzada (1972)
Amar Prem (1971)
Andaz (1971)
Chhoti Bahu (1971)
Dushmun (1971)
Haathi Mere Saathi (1971)
Maryada (1971)
Mehboob Ki Mehndi (1971)
Aan Milo Sajna (1970)
The Train (1970)
Anand (1970)
Kati Patang (1970)
Sachaa Jhutha (1970)
Safar (1970)
Ittefaq (1969)
Aradhana (1969)
Bandhan (1969/I)
Doli (1969)
Do Raaste (1969)
Khamoshi (1969)
Aurat (1967)
Baharon Ke Sapne (1967)
Raaz (1967)
Aakhri Khat (1966)
jassi
if i look after his career graph,this is what i m seeing
couple of hits after hits from 1969 to 1973,but by the time amitabh came and rajesh's films were flopping..there were not mumtaz and sharmila in his films now..
asha and nanda too left films..
his 1 film with hema did well,but later again big flop like mehbooba

rakhee was not willing to work with rajesh,coz she had bad xperience at the time of daag(coz he was friendly with sharmila,and was not good with rakhee)
Jaya was calling him bhaiya in bawarchi,so she was never paired with her
his pairing with parveen and zeenat was not creating magic..
it was late in 70s he got avg like prem banchan,dard etc.
his career was again on track,but not personal life..by 1985 again his career was on declain and dimple became an overnight star

when india tv started doing sting oprations of casting couch
they expose shakti kapoor and aman verma
dont surprice coz rajesh khanna was also in the list
but he escaped,may be coz india tv got bad views on that sting opration..or may be some one stopped them to doing so...
IDOL
I like him............I think he is so good in Romance and Tragic movies............I love him!

HumTum
Hi I was a big fan of Rajesh Khanna and his movies.

Not any more Dimple? Why?
HumTum
Here are some pictures of Rajesh Khanna.

Earlier years ---

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

With Amitabh

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Later years

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

shabbirkumar786
hi dimple.

hope ur ok! although i understand ur emotions-

but no dimple ur wrong!

there are million of fans of RAJESH KHANNA around the world & always will be!

RAJESH KHANNAs record speaks for itself!

REENA ROY claimed she used to wait hours outside RAJESH KHANNAS house with her friends just to get

glimpse of him getting into his car i think that speaks volumes!

he HOLDS THE RECORD AS THE FIRST SUPERSTAR & ALSO THE MAXUIMUM NUMBER OF HITS IN ROW

WHICH I DONT THINK BE MATCHED AGAIN TO BE HONEST!

the RAJESH KHANNA/KISHORE/R.D.BURMAN IS ALREADY iconic simply legendary worldwide!

the biggest achievment i think personally was the comeback!

i hav NEVER ever seen a actor totally dead & burried to comeback with a complete change of image like

RAJESH KHANNA & starting giving hits again like AVTAAR, SOUTEN & AGAR TUM NA HOTE to name a few!

ui may like him or hate him u DEFINITELY cant ignore him or his untouchable record!

HATS OFF TO KAAKA!

take care.

BASH.

SAJJAD
I like kaaka 2 wub.gif
shabbirkumar786

thank u sajjad bhai,

bet u theres thousands who like him too but dnt admit it thats all!

we all watch his films & sing his songs but yet dnt admit to liking him or giving him a lot of credit for what his

done for the film industry!

p.s.

im the biggest 'AMITABH BACHCHAN' fan yet i still speak the truth.

In 'ANAND' kaaka overshadowed 'AMITABH' easily & in 'NAMAK HARAAM' matched him hence 'AMITABH' never

worked with him again.

take care.

BASH.
SAJJAD
QUOTE(shabbirkumar786 @ Aug 1 2007, 01:44 AM) *

thank u sajjad bhai,

we all watch his films & sing his songs but yet dnt admit to liking him or giving him a lot of credit for what his

p.s.

In 'ANAND' kaaka overshadowed 'AMITABH' easily & in 'NAMAK HARAAM' matched him hence 'AMITABH' never

worked with him again.

take care.

BASH.

blink.gif I'm glad i made ur day tongue1.gif I don't understand why he was not selected to play older characters in movies (1980's, 90's and 2000's). I like his acting and style... I like old AB movies but not the new ones! Maybe, my taste has changed rolleyes.gif I prefer english movies over hindi!
RafiKiAwaaz
QUOTE(shazaad @ Jul 31 2007, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Aug 1 2007, 05:45 AM) *

QUOTE(shabbirkumar786 @ Aug 1 2007, 01:44 AM) *

thank u sajjad bhai,

p.s.

worked with him again.

take care.

BASH.

blink.gif I'm glad i made ur day tongue1.gif I don't understand why he was not selected to play older characters in movies (1980's, 90's and 2000's). I like his acting and style... I like old AB movies but not the new ones! Maybe, my taste has changed rolleyes.gif I prefer english movies over hindi!

rajesh khanna is a looser, a monkey could of taken over his place, amitabh is the man.

Wow, you must have some serious issues in your head, sir, he was one of the most poular actor of his time and he was fun to watch, a new face and not all that bad of an actor and you may say that I have issues in my head but for me Amitabh does too much over acting, just too much. Anyway....whatever!!
RKA
jassi
i wonder no body talk abt india tv's sting opration
it was narrow escape for rajesh khanna
shabbirkumar786
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U SAJJDAH & RKA BHAI SAHAB!

RAJESH KHANNA WAS INDIAS FIRST SUPERSTAR AN EXCELLENT

ACTOR, GRTEAT LOOKS & AN AMAZING COMEBACK IN THE 80S & HAS RETIRED GRACEFULLY UNLIKE MR.

BACHCHAN WHO CONTINULY TO MAKE A FOOL OF HIMSELF!

AMITABH BACHCHAN WAS FINISHED BY 1986.

I SHOULD KNOW I HAVE RESEARCHED HIM INSIDE OUT SINCE I WAS 7 YEARS OLD!

THE REASON WHY A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL CARRY ON HATING RAJESH KHANNA IS BECAUSE THEYRE

EITHER:

STRICT RAFI FANS (understandibly)

BIASED TOWARDS AMITABH BACHCHAN SUPERSTAR SAHAAAAAAAB.

HATED ANYTHING ELSE BUT ACTION or simply just...

DONT/DIDNT WATCH OR UNDERSTAND FILMS. (need to watch more of his films to appreciate his talents & contribution)

OUR OPINIONS CANT & WONT CHANGE ANYTHING!

HISTORY BOOKS WILL QUOTE FACTS ONLY...

& THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS RAJESH WAS BOLLYWOODS FIRST SUPERSTAR HAS MORE FILMFARE

AWARDS THAN AMITABH & HAD MUCH MORE HITS IN A ROW THAN AMITABH!

IM NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE GREATEST BACHCHAN SAHAAB ONLY APPRECIATING OTHER

ARTISTES LIKE RAJESH KHANNA, SANJEEV KUMAR, SHOT GUN ETC!

IM AFRAID NOT EMOTIONS- LIKE THAT SHOWN BY MY BROTHER & A GREAT FRIEND OF MINE SHAZAAD

SAHAAB!

please try atleast to be open minded!

TAKE CARE & EXTREMELY SORRY TO BE SO BLUNT & HoNEST!

A DISAPPOINTED Bash.
oye_sonu
Shazaad ji sorry to say. you are using too many harsh words for a superstar like Rajesh khanna.

iam more of a AB fan but we cant ignore the fact tht he was the first superstar and hero of the film ARadhana which changed the way films used to be in those days. and whose aftreeffects can be seen till now !!

Please take care of your words for any artitst

Sonu
shazaad
QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Aug 3 2007, 04:20 AM) *

Shazaad ji sorry to say. you are using too many harsh words for a superstar like Rajesh khanna.

iam more of a AB fan but we cant ignore the fact tht he was the first superstar and hero of the film ARadhana which changed the way films used to be in those days. and whose aftreeffects can be seen till now !!

Please take care of your words for any artitst

Sonu

thanks for the humble request, i sure will.
jassi
why to tag him as india's first superstar
why one dont talk abt dilip kumar,dev anand,rajendra kumar or dharmendra..they were mega stars too
RafiKiAwaaz
QUOTE(jassi @ Aug 2 2007, 11:59 PM) *

why to tag him as india's first superstar
why one dont talk abt dilip kumar,dev anand,rajendra kumar or dharmendra..they were mega stars too

Indeed, Dilip is a great actor, Dev and Rajendra have their charm, personally I thought Dharmendra was unique, typical Indian good looks and all, where as RK was a fresh face, more of a modern era type and as India was emerging from old style to new, he obviously fitted in that and everyone got behind him so crazily that made him a superstar and we all had fun in those days, regretfully the greatest ever talents of Rafi Sahab was not there and is the only thing I missed in those days.
RKA
cYb0rG
Member - Shazaad refrain from using nasty remarks towards personalities. Taking your quoted post as an apology. Any such comments in future will result in removing your posting rights.

thanks for the humble request, i sure will.

Admin.
shabbirkumar786

i totally agree with u jassi regarding the people/actors u mention but RAJESH KHANNA symbolised youth.

KISHORE KUMAR symbolised a freas modern voice & R.D. BURMAN proved to be light years ahead of any

music director together they created HISTORY!

we shud give them CREDIT for their achievments & be proud of them!

as SONU bhai beautifully pointed out these guys together CHANGED CINAMA IN A HUGE WAY THAT STILL

EXISTS TODAY.

HOPE U UNDERSTAND.

facts PROVE my point if u research hard enuff u ll get all the answers u want i promise u!

i know that cos i have done it myself!

take care.

BASH.
jassi
if we believe stories,there was yesteryear actress Amita's daughter Sabia, who accused Rajesh Khanna of attempting to rape her,she did a film with him called anokha rishta also starring smita patil and karan shah..

rajesh was seems to be fetish abt teenie girls(her wife dimple a 16-17 year old girl),tina was abt 18-19..and that girl sabia was 15-16...
this is just another side of superstar..i dont know its true or not..

Sharmila-Sweet
"Kishore Kumar was my soul and I was his body" - Rajesh Khanna

By Devansh Patel, June 8, 2009 - 18:19 IST

They say that if there was ever a superstar in the Indian Film Industry, it had to be Rajesh Khanna. There may be romantic leading men and icons in Bollywood but there is and will be only one superstar for his ability to take cinematic love to legendary heights. Why couldn't anybody replace him? Why since four long decades 'Kakaji's' superstar status is still not passed on? Because he had the biggest and the maddest fan following, especially his female fans. They would write love letters to him soaked in blood. They would kiss his car and faint. They wouldn't marry anybody in their life for they dedicated their life to Rajesh Khanna. His fashion and style statement was evident in all the colleges across India. Such was the impact of a man who, with the rigorous use of his voice to communicate a character's lines like 'Pushpa...I hate tears' and 'Babumushai...zindagi jo hain woh badi honi chahiye, lambi nahi' express emotions, which he achieved through attention to diction and commitment to his character. UK's Harrow Observer columnist and Bollywood Hungama's London correspondent met the real and the reel superstar who, with his trademark smile and pose, delivered those famous lines from his film Anand and in the ten minutes which we were given, spoke in length about his IIFA Lifetime Achievement Award, how the word 'Kakaji' was born, his superstar status, his film Anand which inspired the country, his first love and first super hit Aradhana, his one liner to describe Kishore Kumar and Bollywood's next superstar, his grandson Aarav.

Congratulations on your Lifetime Achievement Award you've received at this years IIFA Macau.
Thank you so much. But this is not my first Lifetime Achievement Award. I've already got a Filmfare Lifetime Achievement when the black lady turned into gold. Then I was presented one during the Stardust Awards too. IIFA is a different feeling all together. IIFA is a very prestigious award and is no less than an Oscar. IIFA is a heritage of participating to highlight the culture of India to the various countries of the world. This is also the first time I'm attending all the three days of the IIFA Weekend and I'm really looking forward to it.

The entire world knows you as 'Kakaji'. Please tell us how the word 'Kaka' became so synonymous with Rajesh Khanna?
That's interesting. 'Kaka' in Punjabi means a small little baby. When I came into films, I was called 'Kaka' because I was young and small and with a bit of respect they added 'Ji'. That's how the world famous 'Kakaji' was born.

'Kaka' in Punjabi means a small little baby. When I came into films, I was called 'Kaka' because I was young and small
Indian Film Industry's first ever superstar. Women kissing your car, women writing love letters to you in blood, your style of dressing and talking. Everything you did was tagged as superstar.
No matter who they are. Whether they are Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian or any other community, I will always be grateful to my audience. In the corner of their heart, all of them have given me a small little space, stored and bestowed me with their love and affection. I would also like to thank my co-stars who've made me become an actor, then a star and then a superstar. Being a superstar isn't an individual achievement but it's the almighty above there who thinks he likes me. All departments of our film industry made me an actor to a star to a superstar.

I would also like to thank my co-stars who've made me become an actor, then a star and then a superstar
When people are on the verge of a near collapse and some who don't have much time to spend with their loved ones, all advice to watch Rajesh Khanna's Anand.
How did you come to know this? You're right. Even today, people advice to watch Anand simply because it was a path breaking film which had a path breaking dialogue, "Hum toh is rang manch ki katputliya hain aur hum sab ki dor upar wale ke haath mein hain. Kaun kya kab yeh koi nahin jaanta. Isliye babumushai...hey babumushai, zindagi jo hain woh badi honi chahiye, lambi nahin honi chahiye. Itna pyaar zyaada accha nahin hain". People cried a lot during this final scene of the film because somewhere it touched their sentiments. Anand also gave them an inspiration and a reason to live.

Let's talk about your first big super hit Aradhana.
Aradhana was the first stepping stone towards my success. After that film, I never had to look back. For that, my tribute goes to my favourite Late Mr. Shakti Samant. I've worked with him in lots of films. He gave me lot of encouragement, lot of affection and never made me feel that Aradhana was my first super hit. Not many know but I was working with yet another superstar heroine Sharmila Tagore in Aradhana. At that time she was more famous than I was and did not give me the complex that I was a newcomer. She is one of the most beautiful and sophisticated ladies I've ever seen. Aradhana will always be my first love.

During Aradhana, Sharmila was more famous than I was and did not give me the complex that I was a newcomer
They say that you were the one who gave Kishore Kumar his second innings with Aradhana.
I will just sum this up in one sentence. I told Shakti Samant that Kishore Kumar was my soul and I was his body.

How is the relationship you share with your son-in-law Akshay Kumar? Can you recall those moments of sweet gestures between you two, the fatherly advice, etc?
I told Akshay that he works in nice films. My advice to him was that he should dance, he should entertain, he should do good action but overall I did tell him to work in films that have a purpose and stop working in films like the Khiladi series. Other than that, Akshay is doing a fine job.

I did tell him to work in films that have a purpose and stop working in films like the Khiladi series
You proud of your family tree?
Of course yes. I am very proud of this family because of the family tree. It's coming down from Rajesh Khanna to Dimple Kapadia. From Dimple to Twinkle Khanna to Rinke, it moves to my son-in-law Akshay Kumar and to my grandson Aarav. I'm, saying this in public today that after Rajesh Khanna the superstar, the next in line will be Aarav, and I'm not saying this because he is the son of Akshay Kumar but because he will carry the talent, the dedication and the sacrifice which everyone of us has carried in our family. Aarav will be Indian Film Industry's next super star.
Sharmila-Sweet
Rajesh Khanna talks about converting his home into a museum and candidly discusses love and longing

By Vickey Lalwani
Posted On Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 02:18:28 AM

-mumbaimirror

Rajesh Khanna

• Why did you convert your house (Aashirwad) into a museum?

My daughters Twinkle and Rinke wanted it that way. They said, 'This house is a monument, this is the house where the first superstar was born'. But it's too early to say how it will be done.
• It's said that Akshay Kumar bailed you out from your tax problems and will now take over Aashirwad?

Are you mad? Do you believe such stuff? Hamare mein beti ko dete hain, lete nahin hai. God has been very kind to me.

• Apparently, you sold some property to solve your tax problems.

That's rubbish.

• How much time do you get with your family?

Akshay is busy shooting. Twinkle is also busy with her interior decoration work. Rinke is settled in London. Whatever little time they give me, I enjoy it.

• You are doing television (Raghukul Reet Sada Chali Aayi) now. Is it taxing?

Yes. But you get tired only if you are not enjoying your work. Besides, people have told me that I am doing a very good job.

• Why didn't you persist with acting after your comeback with Avtaar?

Haan, craze aa gaya tha. But then, Rajiv Gandhi took me to New Delhi

• Your recent choice of films, which included the controversial Wafaa, didn't do well…

Today, you need good packaging and publicity before a film's release. They weren't big producers and hence couldn't dish out big promos. But I stand by those films.

Frankly, cinema has changed a lot recently. But I am getting a lot of offers now. In fact, I have even signed a couple of new films. Frankly, I am feeling very much at home.

• Do controversies ruffle you? Like recently, there was a furor over your kissing scene with Saara Khan in Wafaa?

I make the rules of my game and I break them. Any noise that is made against me doesn't affect me. The character demanded those scenes. They were not vulgar; just very romantic and passionate.

• Why didn't you marry again?

We (Dimple and me) may not be staying under the same roof but we do interact a lot. We still care for and love each other, but the affection is of a different kind. I am even friendly with Anjoo Mahendroo (with whom he was for seven years) and then there was one more person in my life (read Tina Munim).

• Are you in touch with Tina?

I talk to Tina and her husband Anil when I meet them at parties. They are made for each other.

• Don't you miss female company?

I am alone, not lonely. Zindagi badi khoobsoorat hai, bus jeene ka tareeka aana chahiye.

• Everyone has his share of strengths and weaknesses. What about you?

I am a much better person now than what I used to be.

• And how did that happen?

Life teaches you.

Dimple and I still care for and love each other, but the affection is of a different kind ďż˝" Rajesh Khanna

Add the source of the information for all articles and writeups if taken from other sites, magazines.

Admin.
Sharmila-Sweet
Lifetime achievement! at IFFA 2009

Yesteryear's superstar Rajesh Khanna received lifetime achievement award. While presenting the honour Amitabh Bachchan said, Khanna was the first superstar in the Indian cinema. He was such a phenomenon that women used to put the dust from his feet on their head. Khanna hugged Bachchan before saying that it was after 16 years that they were sharing the same platform. The emotional actor addressed Big B with his famous screen name 'Babu Moshay' from Anand

Indiatimes
Sharmila-Sweet
DIFFERENT AVATARS OF RAJESH KHANNA

Dinesh Raheja

Remembering the time when he was a newcomer while Rajesh Khanna was a phenomenon, Amitabh Bachchan once said: 'I got famous purely because I was working with Rajesh Khanna in Anand. People asked me questions like, 'How is he to look at? What does he do?' '

It is certainly magnanimous of one superstar to speak in such glowing terms of another who was once his chief adversary at the box-office. While there is no denying the apparent modesty peeking through Bachchan's praise, he is not far from the mark in encapsulating the Khanna phenomenon.

The sheer fan following Rajesh Khanna whipped up while riding astride romantic hits like Aradhana, Kati Patang, Dushman, was truly unprecedented.

The pasha of passion had only to park his car for a short while to find it smothered with lipsticked kisses on his return. Sackfuls of love letters written in blood made their way to Dimple, his bungalow at Carter Road, Bandra (a Mumbai suburb). Veteran actress Nadira, who costarred with him in Safar, vividly recalls the premiere of the film held at Mumbai's plush Apsara cinema: 'A sea of humanity lined up on either side of the road. And when Kaka [Rajesh Khanna] got out of his car, there was a deafening roar as they called out 'Rajesh Khanna' in unison.'

But the beginnings of the pimple faced, medium-height-and-build man were a far cry from his superstar days. Rajesh, who real name is Jatin, came from a well-to-do family and was intense about acting, whether on stage or in films.

Four years and four indifferent films (Aakhri Khat, Baharon Ke Sapne, Raaz, Aurat) later, the Khanna wave burst through filmdom like an unleashed tornado. Aradhana (1969) and Do Raaste (1969), released within a month of each other and went on to become golden jubilee blockbusters.

As the charm-laden pilot of Aradhana (Khanna in a double role as Sharmila Tagore's lover and son), and the bestubbled unemployed youth in Do Raaste, he became an overnight icon.

Thereafter, Khanna's hits seemed to flow for the next few years, while he clocked two back-to-back Best Actor Awards for Sachha Jhootha and, more deservedly, for playing the heartbreakingly cheerful, doomed man in Anand. For a short but memorable epoch, it seemed the whole nation was taken up with his charismatic smile and those winking-eyed mannerisms.

Cashing in on the romantic windfall, Khanna formed famous love teams with Sharmila Tagore and Mumtaz (incidentally, Khanna has done the maximum films, eleven, with Hema Malini). While his pairing with Sharmila proved artistically satisfying (Aradhana, Amar Prem, Safar, Aavishkar), he hit the box-office bull's eye when paired with the live wire Mumtaz (Sachha Jhootha, Roti, Aap Ki Kasam).

The superstar even swept the nation's hottest newcomer, Bobby girl Dimple Kapadia off her feet and married her in March 1973. The marriage unleashed an enormous amount of speculation and kept Khanna in the headlines.

While making films, Khanna teamed up often with his Aradhana director Shakti Samanta. After Kati Patang (a musical about a woman posing as a widow), and Amar Prem (a poignant look at the tantalisingly unconventional relationship between a courtesan and her customer), their films like Ajnabee, Mehbooba and Anurodh were subject to the law of diminishing returns.

Recent Profiles
Kalyanji Anandji

Mumtaz

Nanda

Raakhee

Shammi Kapoor

Smita Patel

Rajendra Kumar

Manoj Kumar

Dharmendra

Sanjeev Kumar

Asha Parekh

More

Khanna made memorable films with some of the biggest filmmakers: Manmohan Desai (Sachha Jhootha, Roti), J Om Prakash (Aan Milo Sajna), and Yash Chopra (Ittefaq, where he played the unshaven convict forced to take refuge with an adulterous woman and Daag, where he essayed the role of a twice-married man haunted by his past).

He did some of his best work in the middle-of-the-road cinema of Hrishikesh Mukherjee --- Anand, Bawarchi and Namak Haram, where he was the voice and conscience of the underdog.

Unfortunately, Khanna's ego kept pace with his widening girth. When the flops started making their appearance, filmmakers began to shy away. In 1972, Rajesh had a string of seven disappointments, but he surmounted them with crowd-pleasers like Daag, Prem Nagar and Roti in the next two years.

However, in the mid-seventies, his career hit a deep trough. Khanna favourites like Hrishikesh Mukherjee, Yash Chopra and Shakti Samanta shifted sights to the angry young man Amitabh with Mili, Deewar and The Great Gambler respectively. Suddenly, Amitabh, who had played second fiddle to Khanna in both Anand and Namak Haram, was a force to reckon with.

A sporting Khanna later stated that he had read the writing on the wall much before Deewar. He says, 'When I saw Namak Haram at a trial show, I knew my time was up. I told Hrishida, 'Here is the superstar of tomorrow'.'

The late seventies were an arid patch in Khanna's career with even major films like Mehbooba, Karm, Bandalbaaz and Aashiq Hoon Baharon Ka failing to match upto his earlier blockbusters.

Amardeep (1979) and Thodisi Bewafai (1980) brought about a shortlived reprieve for Khanna, but his much-anticipated comeback finally morphed into reality in 1983 with Avtaar and Souten. Khanna scored in two diametrically different roles --- the stiff-backed patriarch in Avtaar won him acting kudos while his pairing with Tina Munim in Chai pe bulaya hai gave his romantic image a much-needed boost.

The vindication took its own time in appearing but Khanna conclusively proved that the audience still adored him.

Khanna had 11 films released in 1984; but with age catching up, his career was obviously drawing to a close. Whether it was his separation from wife Dimple or his adventure in politics, Khanna remained in the limelight.

Years later, he made his appearance again as a character actor in Aa Ab Laut Chalein and Kya Dil Ne Kaha.

REDIFF.COM
Jat24

Please check out this out :

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=84749
Sharmila-Sweet
'I love him. Who doesn't?'
By: Mauli Singh Date: 2011-05-17 Place: Mumbai

Rajesh Khanna's ladylove opens up about their 'special and sacred' relationship
PS: Kaka says he's "fond" of her but they haven't reached the 'stage of love'

It can now be revealed who the new woman in Rajesh Khanna's life is.

Anita Advani is the name of the woman you see in the pictures. She is a childhood friend of the yesteryear superstar. Our source insists that the two have been dating for eight years now.

Anita Advani with Rajesh Khanna out and about and at his bungalow; (inset) with her uncle Ferdinand Emmanuel Edralin Marcos

She is the neice of the former president of the Philippines, Ferdinand Emmanuel Edralin Marcos and his wife Imelda Marcos (she's famous for her collection of 2700 shoes).

Advani is a regular visitor to Khanna's bungalow and has been spotted there quite often. A couple of days ago, they were also spotted at the nearby Elco Market having paani puri. They looked like a couple in love and seemed quite comfortable in each other's company.

We managed to get the Bandra businesswoman to talk about Kaka. She admits, "I am great friends with Rajesh Khanna. I have known him for a very long time. We are great friends."

Just friends? we prod. She answers with a cryptic "I love him... who doesn't?"

She admits to meeting him at a shooting as a child and growing close only now. "I think I am very happy in my relationship," she states, adding, "I feel very privileged to be very-very close to him.

He is a very intelligent and romantic person." The couple spends a lot of quality time together.

"We hang out. We are at home together. We do out for dinners and stuff and go on after-dinner drives," she reveals.

Marriage on the cards? "Any person in my place would want that. Who wouldn't?", she shoots back. So, she is waiting for him to pop up the question, then. She avers, "We are so close. We don't want any strings attached. I think we are very happy as we are."

"I have met his daughters," Anita admits, adding that she shares a great friendship with his estranged wife Dimple Kapadia as well. "I have met her several times. She is a wonderful woman."

Of the relationship, she says, "It's a very special, sacred relationship and I truly cherish it. Unlike a normal relationship, there are no demands and expectations. This is much deeper."

Rajesh Khanna, however, has a different tale to tell. He says, " Anita and I have been known to each other for 32 years. She was in school then. We are just friends. She is a lovely person. I am very fond of her. But we haven't reached the stage of love."
Sharmila-Sweet
Adding Dimple to his smile

Rajesh Khanna after his recent illness is holidaying with his estranged wife, daughter Twinkle, son-in-law Akki and grandson Aarav in Goa

Vickey Lalwani

Posted On Monday, July 25, 2011 at 03:24:33 AM

Rajesh Khanna was not keeping too well recently. Perhaps, that is why the actor decided to take a brief break with estranged wife Dimple Kapadia, daughter Twinkle, son-in-law Akshay Kumar and grandson Aarav. The family is currently spending some together-time in Goa.

A source told Mumbai Mirror, “Rajesh was quite unwell last week and his family was extremely worried. But he is feeling much better now.” After all, what better way than spending time with your loved ones to feel better?

Yogen Shah

Since a holiday was the need of the hour, Akshay and Twinkle, who were already toying with the idea of enjoying the Goa monsoon, took the entire family out. “Twinkle suggested to her dad that he join them for the holiday,” said the source.

When Rajesh learnt that Dimple too was planning to pack her bags and accompany then, his joy knew no bounds. “The fact that Dimple, Twinkle, Akshay and Aarav are with him makes him a lot more happier,” the source added.

Dimple and Rajesh Khanna married on March 27, 1973, after their much-hyped affair. Rajesh the ruling superstar had millions of women swooning over him. Dimple still young quit films to become a homemaker. It was only after their separation that she returned to films with Sagar in 1984.

However, the two had remained good friends ever since. In fact, Dimple even said in an interview, “I should do at least one film with him (Rajesh Khanna), otherwise I’ll feel incomplete.” The actress even helped her estranged husband with his political rallies.

Reportedly, Rajesh now has a girlfriend Anita Advani who knows him from his childhood days. Rajesh and Anita are in a relationship since the last eight years but Anita’s presence in Rajesh’s life became public only recently.

When contacted, Anita who was constantly by his side during his recent bout of ill-health, confirmed, “Yes, Rajeshji is holidaying in Goa. He has recuperated. He is in good spirits as well.” However, Dimple remained unavailable for comment.

Talking about Rajesh’s ailment, Anita said, “His white blood cell count had dropped low. That’s about it.”

Now that he is with his family in Goa, we hope Khanna comes back hale and hearty.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.