Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Karaoke Songs
Hamara Forums > Music > Hamari Sangeet Mehfil
Pages: 1, 2
Anwar_Fan
Hello friends,

I am totally new to Karaoke, this is my first ever recording, never done any thing like this before,

I post this karaoke attempt here, as you have a lot of knowledge in this field, and hope to get some valuable tips

and as for SUR, TAAL etc etc, I have'nt got a clue, but I have to say, I really really enjoyed this biggrin.gif

needless to say, It's a RAFI track

Aye Phoolon Ki Rani Baharo Ki Malika

smile.gif
shabbirkumar786
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ May 30 2007, 03:16 AM) *

Hello friends,

I am totally new to Karaoke, this is my first ever recording, never done any thing like this before,

I post this karaoke attempt here, as you have a lot of knowledge in this field, and hope to get some valuable tips

and as for SUR, TAAL etc etc, I have'nt got a clue, but I have to say, I really really enjoyed this biggrin.gif

needless to say, It's a RAFI track

Aye Phoolon Ki Rani Baharo Ki Malika

smile.gif

salaam brother,

hope ur well!

can i congratulate you on a very good job mate!

i really enjoyed it yaar!

keep it going & lets hear some more uploads VERY SOON pls!

well done again bhai!

P.S.

try a SHABBIR KUMAR or KISHOREda SONG NEXT!

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!

take care.

BASH.
Anwar_Fan

Bash, thanks for your kind and generous, and encouraging feedback

It may be some time before I'll record and ul my next track, the thing is, I've got a chest infection from eating too many Ice Creams and Kulfis.........I know, GET THE VIOLINS OUT happy.gif

But that is the honest truth, I really struggled to record this track due to early flu sysmptoms, (if you listen carefully, you'll hear me snifelling in the back ground). But overall, I really enjoyed the recording, it was great fun; just wanted to try the microphone it's only a very cheap Phillips SBC MD110 and after Ul'ing tried to delete without success. laugh.gif

This only gives me time to do a bit of research on getting good quality recordings smile.gif

NO EXCUSES ON MY NEXT RECORDING THOUGH mad.gif

I will definately do Shabbir Kumar track if I find one on the tinternet

enough of blowing my own trumpet,

I dont think I i've heard your recording,

hope it's due soon,

I am waiting in anticipation

come on bash get a recording on here and please ul a shabbir kumar track for me

why are more and more members not ul'ing any recordings here? excl.gif

it's only a bit of fun guys, nothing serious

take care Bash

keep smilling biggrin.gif

noorie
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Jun 4 2007, 01:17 AM) *

Bash, I dont think I've heard your recording,

hope it's due soon,

I am waiting in anticipation

come on bash get a recording on here.

take care Bash

keep smilling biggrin.gif

The waiting's just killin', Bash. tongue1.gif

I'll make sure you get good reviews, that's a promise! cool.gif So, when is it to be???? rolleyes.gif

Noorie
shabbirkumar786

will upload soon inshallah!

take care.

BASH.
oye_sonu
QUOTE(shabbirkumar786 @ Jul 12 2007, 07:16 PM) *

take care.

BASH.

I will prefer Shabbir song bash !

Sonu
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jul 12 2007, 05:38 PM) *

QUOTE(shabbirkumar786 @ Jul 12 2007, 07:16 PM) *

take care.

BASH.

I will prefer Shabbir song bash !

Sonu

Me too wink.gif

smile.gif
Anwar_Fan
Well fellow karaokers, I have now recorded my third besura karaoke recording, I’ve always loved this song and am sure it’s every body elses fav also, so you can imagine my joy when I came across the track, any way not only have I just done a casual karaoke, but for fun I’ve done an azgar bhai special ie tried to dub the origional laugh.gif

Guys, I know this is a proper classic by the Master, so don't go and slate me, but if you must then who can blame you tongue1.gif

(azgar bhai dont mind the term)

smile.gif
sanjkash
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Aug 16 2007, 11:52 PM) *

smile.gif

AnwarFan bhai,
Aapki koshish bahot achhi hai. Aapke gaane kaa dhang aur style bhi bahot achhe lage. Lekin, lagtaa hai ke voice kaa bass bahot jyaadaa lag gayaa hai. Overall, very well done.
Sanjay
Anwar_Fan
Hello fellow Karaokers,

Following song is such a beautiful Rafi song that I could not resist recording, I am sooo grateful to Vic for u/l’ing this track on Rafi (Instrumental) thread, I know I should have practiced lots but I probably will re record it in future and reflect on this performance, after all this my fouth Karaoke rendition, I hope experienced singers like RKA will guide newbies like me who’ve never sang along with music before (it’s a completely different ball game to just humming without a musical score), anyway Karaoke Zindabad,……living the dream biggrin.gif

Mohabbat Ke Suhane Din

on and yes of course,

HF Zindabaad also rolleyes.gif
Sandeep Mallya
thumbs-up.gif Keep it up . Nice voice , needs practice. Hope to hear better versions soon.
AzgarKhan
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Aug 17 2007, 04:22 AM) *

Well fellow karaokers, I have now recorded my third besura karaoke recording, I've always loved this song and am sure it's every body elses fav also, so you can imagine my joy when I came across the track, any way not only have I just done a casual karaoke, but for fun I've done an azgar bhai special ie tried to dub the origional laugh.gif

Guys, I know this is a proper classic by the Master, so don't go and slate me, but if you must then who can blame you tongue1.gif

smile.gif

LOL nice bro, saw this one today.
Great singing keep it up.
AzgarKhan
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Aug 30 2007, 12:22 AM) *
Hello fellow Karaokers,

Following song is such a beautiful Rafi song that I could not resist recording, I am sooo grateful to Vic for u/l'ing this track on Rafi (Instrumental) thread, I know I should have practiced lots but I probably will re record it in future and reflect on this performance, after all this my fouth Karaoke rendition, I hope experienced singers like RKA will guide newbies like me who've never sang along with music before (it's a completely different ball game to just humming without a musical score), anyway Karaoke Zindabad,……living the dream biggrin.gif

Mohabbat Ke Suhane Din

on and yes of course,

This one is much better than your previous one bro.
Expressions/feelings are most important aspect of singing and I lack that.
I found those expressions in you. Well done once again!
RafiKiAwaaz
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Aug 29 2007, 11:52 AM) *

Hello fellow Karaokers,

Following song is such a beautiful Rafi song that I could not resist recording, I am sooo grateful to Vic for u/l’ing this track on Rafi (Instrumental) thread, I know I should have practiced lots but I probably will re record it in future and reflect on this performance, after all this my fouth Karaoke rendition, I hope experienced singers like RKA will guide newbies like me who’ve never sang along with music before (it’s a completely different ball game to just humming without a musical score), anyway Karaoke Zindabad,……living the dream biggrin.gif

Mohabbat Ke Suhane Din

on and yes of course,

Anwar_Fan Sahab, keep your dream alive, you are doing fine. My expierence with Karaoke is that you just have to keep practicing to get the timing right. Karoke is all we have since live music is hard to get so keep on singing. Myself, I am working on recording a real tough Rafi Sahab song soon, will post it when I get a chance.
RKA

Anwar_Fan
Thank’s every body (Sandeep, Azgar and RKA) for your encouraging comments, really appreaciate them; hope to learn lots from you guys.

rolleyes.gif
skater
Good one, thanks for sharing!
Anwar_Fan
Continuing with my Karaoke Tributes To Rafi........excuses, excuses.......just love trying to sing biggrin.gif

Yahan Mein Ajnabi Hoon

Check out the Pic where Rafi Saab is giving his mobile number to the Chic, there's smirk on Rafi Saabs face and complete adoration from the smitten chic sleep.gif
sanjkash
Very well done AnwarFan Bhai.
Sanjay
noorie
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Sep 10 2007, 03:44 PM) *

Check out the Pic where Rafi Saab is giving his mobile number to the Chic, there's smirk on Rafi Saabs face and complete adoration from the smitten chic sleep.gif

Anwar Fan! Take that back. chase.gif

No, he does not. spank.gif

Noorie
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(noorie @ Sep 23 2007, 05:12 PM) *

Noorie

Noorie, the word “smirk” also has positive connotations, depends on ones perception/interpretation; in it’s context it isn’t inappropriate………but then again U’re only a woman, what do you know ohmy.gif (meri tho pitayee hone waliy hai shayad) sad.gif

The thing is right, all blokes who will view that picture will know, understand and sense exactly what Rafi saab is thinking (YES!) cool.gif

Erm........this is a loosing battle.......erm.......Noorie, Meri Pyari Paree Jaisi Bahen........Ramzan Ka Mahina Hai.........quarreling makes Roza makrooh.........bye (bhaago laugh.gif )

noorie
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Sep 26 2007, 12:41 AM) *

Noorie

Noorie, the word “smirk” also has positive connotations, depends on ones perception/interpretation; in it’s context it isn’t inappropriate………but then again U’re only a woman, what do you know ohmy.gif (meri tho pitayee hone waliy hai shayad) sad.gif

The thing is right, all blokes who will view that picture will know, understand and sense exactly what Rafi saab is thinking (YES!) cool.gif

Erm........this is a loosing battle.......erm.......Noorie, Meri Pyari Paree Jaisi Bahen........Ramzan Ka Mahina Hai.........quarreling makes Roza makrooh.........bye (bhaago laugh.gif )

Anwar Fan, you know I can't stay mad at you 4 ever, you're taking advantage of that and also it being Ramadan too. wub.gif

Interesting arguments by the way, just that there are too many chinks in them. Click to view attachment

bye-bye.gif
venkat

Well fellow karaokers, I have now recorded my third besura karaoke recording, I’ve always loved this song and am sure it’s every body elses fav also, so you can imagine my joy when I came across the track, any way not only have I just done a casual karaoke, but for fun I’ve done an azgar bhai special ie tried to dub the origional laugh.gif

smile.gif

AF Bhai,

I heard your "Un Ke Khayal" song from Lal Pathhar just now. Good job, man!

Your first Mukhda was the best of all. You got all the three "Chale Gaye"s in the opening Mukhda almost right. You have correctly reproduced the three different sangats of the Great Man in the three "Chale Gaye"s of the opening Mukhda, including the third one I love, "Chaleeeee Gaye"!

But, in the antaras, you seem to be a little off the mark especially at "Raha" in"Jo Saas Aa Raha Hai"!

I will listen to the other ones and comment, if you want.

Venkat
ascorpio
QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 26 2007, 11:20 AM) *

smile.gif

AF Bhai,

Your first Mukhda was the best of all. You got all the three "Chale Gaye"s in the opening Mukhda almost right. You have correctly reproduced the three different sangats of the Great Man in the three "Chale Gaye"s of the opening Mukhda, including the third one I love, "Chaleeeee Gaye"!

But, in the antaras, you seem to be a little off the mark especially at "Raha" in"Jo Saas Aa Raha Hai"!

Venkat

Very good effort venkat...
King Rafi
Anwarbhai,

A very fine effort! My feedback to you is that you shd stop this self-deprecating business!
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(noorie @ Sep 26 2007, 03:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Sep 26 2007, 12:41 AM) *

Noorie

Anwar Fan, you know I can't stay mad at you 4 ever, you're taking advantage of that and also it being Ramadan too. wub.gif

Interesting arguments by the way, just that there are too many chinks in them. Click to view attachment

bye-bye.gif

love.gif
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 26 2007, 09:20 AM) *

smile.gif

AF Bhai,

Venkat

Thanks Venkatji for your honest comments.

Venkatji, I've only just recently started singing with Music and do what comes naturally, I've been Rafi Fan all my life and have a huge collection of the Masters songs be it in audio tapes. As you can imagine I've heard Rafi songs so many times so, one get a sense of the tune, blah blah blah etc. smile.gif

I have'nt got a clue what "MUKHDA", "ANTARA", "SANGAT", "SUR", "TAAL" is co's I have no formal or any training for that matter, I've searched the tinternet for the meaning of above terms without joy........... huh.gif

Venkatji you're now my official HF GURU, firstly you will have to explain what the terms mean so that I can pay particular attention to them when come to record my next Karaoke song after Ramzan wink.gif

Venkatji, now that U're my HF GURU, U'll have listen to ALL of my songs and sometimes will have to bear the pain in doing so, and give me valuable feedback and advise to better myself in future.

wub.gif

Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Sep 28 2007, 01:00 PM) *

Anwarbhai,

A very fine effort! My feedback to you is that you shd stop this self-deprecating business!

Understood, I assure you it'll never happen again...................again thumbs-up.gif
venkat
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Sep 29 2007, 01:12 AM) *

smile.gif

AF Bhai,

Venkat

Venkatji, I've only just recently started singing with Music and do what comes naturally, I've been Rafi Fan all my life and have a huge collection of the Masters songs be it in audio tapes. As you can imagine I've heard Rafi songs so many times so, one get a sense of the tune, blah blah blah etc. smile.gif

I have'nt got a clue what "MUKHDA", "ANTARA", "SANGAT", "SUR", "TAAL" is co's I have no formal or any training for that matter, I've searched the tinternet for the meaning of above terms without joy........... huh.gif

Venkatji you're now my official HF GURU, firstly you will have to explain what the terms mean so that I can pay particular attention to them when come to record my next Karaoke song after Ramzan wink.gif

Venkatji, now that U're my HF GURU, U'll have listen to ALL of my songs and sometimes will have to bear the pain in doing so, and give me valuable feedback and advise to better myself in future.

wub.gif

AF Bhai,

Ear for good music or musical sense are not the possessions of everyone, but only of a gifted few. You can be sure you are one of them!

Though I do not want to be your "official HF GURU", I shall venture to explain what I know of those musical terms.

Mukhda and Antara are the easiest to explain. Every Hindi film song normally has a Mukhda tune and an Antara tune. The song starts with the Mukhda, then some interlude music, then the first antara followed by the Mukhda again and then the interlude music and then the second Antara etc. Thus, normally there will be 3/4 Mukhdas and 3 Antaras. The 3/4 Mukhdas may or may not have different lyrics, but the 3 Antaras invariably have different lyrics.

Thus, we find some songs are great hits based on the Mukhda tune, some based on the Antara tune and some based on both!

Coming to the next point, there is a plain way of singing a tune and you can also sing that tune by incorporaring 'Sangats'! Mukesh, more often than not, does the former while Rafi Saab, more often than not, thrives in the latter! Now, as an example, see how Rafi Saab had sung that "Chale Gaye" with three different Sangats in the opening Mukhda of your "Un Ke Khayal" song from Lal Pathhar!

Next, any song has two dimensions:1. Sur (or Shruti or Chord) and 2.Taal (or Laya). Loosely, you can say that Sur/Shruti is the vertical dimension (scale, pitch, height) and Taal/Laya is the horizontal dimension (pace, speed ,beat).

More later!

Venkat
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 30 2007, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Sep 29 2007, 01:12 AM) *

smile.gif

AF Bhai,

Venkat

wub.gif

AF Bhai,

Ear for good music or musical sense are not the possessions of everyone, but only of a gifted few. You can be sure you are one of them!

Though I do not want to be your "official HF GURU", I shall venture to explain what I know of those musical terms.

Mukhda and Antara are the easiest to explain. Every Hindi film song normally has a Mukhda tune and an Antara tune. The song starts with the Mukhda, then some interlude music, then the first antara followed by the Mukhda again and then the interlude music and then the second Antara etc. Thus, normally there will be 3/4 Mukhdas and 3 Antaras. The 3/4 Mukhdas may or may not have different lyrics, but the 3 Antaras invariably have different lyrics.

Thus, we find some songs are great hits based on the Mukhda tune, some based on the Antara tune and some based on both!

Coming to the next point, there is a plain way of singing a tune and you can also sing that tune by incorporaring 'Sangats'! Mukesh, more often than not, does the former while Rafi Saab, more often than not, thrives in the latter! Now, as an example, see how Rafi Saab had sung that "Chale Gaye" with three different Sangats in the opening Mukhda of your "Un Ke Khayal" song from Lal Pathhar!

Next, any song has two dimensions:1. Sur (or Shruti or Chord) and 2.Taal (or Laya). Loosely, you can say that Sur/Shruti is the vertical dimension (scale, pitch, height) and Taal/Laya is the horizontal dimension (pace, speed ,beat).

More later!

Venkat

No words to express my gratitute,

you've opened up a completely new dimension to enjoy and appreciate Music makers

Venkatji bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif
sanjkash
QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 30 2007, 02:31 PM) *

[

Thank you Venkatji for very helpful & clear explanations. Hope you wished to keep on providing help/support in such (technical) matter to the early artists.
Sanjay
Anwar_Fan
Koi Baat Nahin........Sur Mein Na Sahi biggrin.gif

Continuing with my Rafi Saabs Karaoke's,

my next song.......Wah excl.gif Roshan Saab Wah excl.gif

Ab Kya Missal Doon

.........Oye Hoye........Madhubala........Haye Haye..........Kya Shabab, Wah excl.gif Wah excl.gif Wah excl.gif

bawlachintu
Behosh hone ke do kaaran banaenge

Ek to Madhubala ki khoobsurati
Doosri tumhari awaaz biggrin.gif

wink2.gif Mind nahin karne ka , kya
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Oct 16 2007, 05:16 PM) *

laugh.gif I know what you mean, I have to live with my voice yaar

Mujhe waise advise digayi hai ke self deprecation achi baat nahin hai,

Nahin Tho Main Abhi Tabar-Thop Khud Apni Hi Mazaak Uratha

King Rafi Ko Word Diya Hai (refer to above posts)........nahin Tho............. laugh.gif

Take care

You Ought to Take Part As Well..........Pride and Self Esteem Chakke Mardalo wink.gif

noorie
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Oct 17 2007, 01:21 AM) *

You Ought to Take Part As Well..........Pride and Self Esteem Chakke Mardalo wink.gif

BC, please don't disappoint us. Click to view attachment
OMkar

King Rafi Ko Word Diya Hai (refer to above posts)........nahin Tho............. laugh.gif

Take care

Anwarbhai, every music maniac who takes a step of singing the songs in his voice gets various types of responses from various type of people. But its only the singer who understands and feel the inner beauty of the song when he/ she SINGS it. I already learnt the lesson of taking all types of criticism on my singing. I am still taking it ofc smile.gif I even downloaded your song from YouTube and saved in my 'Singing Friends' folder.. The timber of ur voice is very nice... Just do lot and lot of practice and then record and record until YOU are happy with it.. smile.gif
bawlachintu
QUOTE(OMkar @ Oct 17 2007, 04:23 PM) *

Anwarbhai, every music maniac who takes a step of singing the songs in his voice gets various types of responses from various type of people.

biggrin.gif Smart ho.

BTW, jis din forum mein bahut bheed ho jaye aur public ko bhagana ho, bata dena,
apni awaaz ka gana upload kar doonga laugh.gif

Awaaz achchi hai.
OMkar
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Oct 17 2007, 04:36 PM) *
QUOTE(OMkar @ Oct 17 2007, 04:23 PM) *

Anwarbhai, every music maniac who takes a step of singing the songs in his voice gets various types of responses from various type of people.

biggrin.gif Smart ho.

BTW, jis din forum mein bahut bheed ho jaye aur public ko bhagana ho, bata dena,
apni awaaz ka gana upload kar doonga laugh.gif

Koi Shaque?

Yeah sure, Jaroor Batayenge Aapko!! Thank GOD you are there!! laugh.gif
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(noorie @ Oct 16 2007, 07:55 PM) *

Bawalchintu Yaar, please dont be discouraged,

Ego Ko Mardo Goli, Aur biggrin.gif

Seena Taan Ke Gana Gao, Phir Yahan Pe U/L Karke Hamari Band Bajake Chuti Kardo

Lets face it you can't do any worse than me..............History Me yeh pehli baar huwa hoga ke kissike Behoshi ka karan......... Kissiki Awaaz Ho laugh.gif

bawlachintu
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Oct 17 2007, 07:32 PM) *

Bawalchintu Yaar, please dont be discouraged,

Ego Ko Mardo Goli, Aur biggrin.gif

Seena Taan Ke Gana Gao, Phir Yahan Pe U/L Karke Hamari Band Bajake Chuti Kardo

Lets face it you can't do any worse than me..............History Me yeh pehli baar huwa hoga ke kissike Behoshi ka karan......... Kissiki Awaaz Ho laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Upar ki post mein jo maine likha hai, usko haqeeqat mano. wink.gif
bawlachintu
QUOTE(noorie @ Oct 17 2007, 02:25 AM) *

Tum duet gaati ho to bolo, gana chipkata hoon idhar cool.gif
(Pehle tumhari voice ka sample bhejna hoga)
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(OMkar @ Oct 17 2007, 09:53 AM) *

Take care

Anwarbhai, every music maniac who takes a step of singing the songs in his voice gets various types of responses from various type of people. But its only the singer who understands and feel the inner beauty of the song when he/ she SINGS it. I already learnt the lesson of taking all types of criticism on my singing. I am still taking it ofc smile.gif I even downloaded your song from YouTube and saved in my 'Singing Friends' folder.. The timber of ur voice is very nice... Just do lot and lot of practice and then record and record until YOU are happy with it.. smile.gif

Omkar Bhai,

Thank you for your positive, encouraging, constructive feedback..............Mere Liye Sabse Bari Faqhar Ki Yeh Baat Hai Ke Apne Mujhe Apne Dost Mey Shamil Kiya.................Insaan Aisi Insaniyat Ki Khubi Zindagi Bhar Nahin Bhulta..................Omkar Bhai Apse Aaj Mujhe Bohot Barra Insaniyat Ka Sabbaq Milla Hai.

Many thanks Omkar Bhai, I look forward to learn lots from everyone love.gif
OMkar
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Oct 17 2007, 07:43 PM) *
QUOTE(OMkar @ Oct 17 2007, 09:53 AM) *

Take care

Omkar Bhai,

Thank you for your positive, encouraging, constructive feedback..............Mere Liye Sabse Bari Faqhar Ki Yeh Baat Hai Ke Apne Mujhe Apne Dost Mey Shamil Kiya.................Insaan Aisi Insaniyat Ki Khubi Zindagi Bhar Nahin Bhulta..................Omkar Bhai Apse Aaj Mujhe Bohot Barra Insaniyat Ka Sabbaq Milla Hai.

Many thanks Omkar Bhai, I look forward to learn lots from everyone love.gif

Anwarbhai, Hum To Abhi Seekhne Ke Aalam Mein Hai!!!! Hum Aapko Kya Seekhayenge?? bow.gif Bas Kuchh Dil Ki Baatein Aapse Kahi!!
Anwar_Fan
My final KARAOKE contribution under the present title, just as well biggrin.gif

Chaudvin Ka Chand Ho

Here's the track for everyone to have a go
Click to view attachment

Friends I've a lot to learn, so now I shall sit back and wait for others to contribute camera.gif

wink.gif
OMkar
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Oct 17 2007, 11:56 PM) *

Chaudvin Ka Chand Ho

Click to view attachment

Friends I've a lot to learn, so now I shall sit back and wait for others to contribute camera.gif

wink.gif

Anwarbhai, good song selected for the recording. But boss this is extremely heavy song, especially for some of the pattern as sung by Rafi sahab e.g.. Jo bhi ho tum khuda ki kasam Lajawab Ho SSSSS ...... After Ho SSSS... the little Taan taken by Rafi sahab is terribly difficult. I cant even ever dare to sing this song for such difficult places.. Anwarbhai, if you want to sing this and if u miss such places to perform perfectly, the whole beauty of song is missed... Please accept my apologies if I am sounding rude. I only want you to sing it more nicely as you already have very good voice. Just imagine you singing this song with those beautiful places as it is...

Secondly and most importantly, your Urdu pronounciations seem to be poor. Please work on them... I am not good in urdu but I am fairly good in Hindi. One of the word, (i cant remember now while I am typing this msg) was pronounced very incorrectly.

Just something out of the topic... I remember someone saying in some film... Kya zamana aaya hai; log tthik tarah se baat bhi nahi karte aajkal... Hamare Zamane Mein To Logon Ki Zubaan (language and pronounciations) Sun Kar Unki Tahzeeb Naapi Jaati Thi.... What I understood by this was, pronouncing the words correctly is important to express the feeling... You might find some of my words also pronounced incorrectly especially 'khuda'; this KHU in Urdu is pronouced with deep scratch somewhere the throat. I always try my best (dont succeed always) to pronounce words correctly.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MY CRITICISM AS DISCOURAGEMENT. I think this is how we would learn from each other... Just hear more and more songs, more and more words from some Old Muslim Brothers who has good knowledge of Urdu... They might help.. smile.gif

Cheers!!!
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(OMkar @ Oct 18 2007, 06:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Oct 17 2007, 11:56 PM) *

Click to view attachment

wink.gif

Anwarbhai, good song selected for the recording. But boss this is extremely heavy song, especially for some of the pattern as sung by Rafi sahab e.g.. Jo bhi ho tum khuda ki kasam Lajawab Ho SSSSS ...... After Ho SSSS... the little Taan taken by Rafi sahab is terribly difficult. I cant even ever dare to sing this song for such difficult places.. Anwarbhai, if you want to sing this and if u miss such places to perform perfectly, the whole beauty of song is missed... Please accept my apologies if I am sounding rude. I only want you to sing it more nicely as you already have very good voice. Just imagine you singing this song with those beautiful places as it is...

Secondly and most importantly, your Urdu pronounciations seem to be poor. Please work on them... I am not good in urdu but I am fairly good in Hindi. One of the word, (i cant remember now while I am typing this msg) was pronounced very incorrectly.

Just something out of the topic... I remember someone saying in some film... Kya zamana aaya hai; log tthik tarah se baat bhi nahi karte aajkal... Hamare Zamane Mein To Logon Ki Zubaan (language and pronounciations) Sun Kar Unki Tahzeeb Naapi Jaati Thi.... What I understood by this was, pronouncing the words correctly is important to express the feeling... You might find some of my words also pronounced incorrectly especially 'khuda'; this KHU in Urdu is pronouced with deep scratch somewhere the throat. I always try my best (dont succeed always) to pronounce words correctly.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MY CRITICISM AS DISCOURAGEMENT. I think this is how we would learn from each other... Just hear more and more songs, more and more words from some Old Muslim Brothers who has good knowledge of Urdu... They might help.. smile.gif

Cheers!!!

Aammmaaaa ohmy.gif , clap2.gif clap2.gif A bit of tough love,

This is exactly what we need, proper constructive criticism by identifying what is wrong, then explaining how to correct eg Soor, Taal, Diction, Pronunciation, Harkatein/Modulations etc.

Omkar Bhai, simply saying your pronunciation is Poor and directing me to find an old muslim man to address it; is not helpful huh.gif

Now come on Omkar Bhai where am I going to find and Paan Munching Old Muslim Bearded Sahir Ludhianvi over here in hill billy land excl.gif You should know you being a Geordie "Ah man, wee but a feul wad hae" laugh.gif, Only joking excl.gif

I speak Urdu/Hindi as it is mother tongue and that is what I converse in at home and socialy etc, but singing does at times change the Pronunciation esp due to Tempo and abrupt pitch changes whish is common with Rafi Saab Songs.......his Taan and Harkatein are out of this world co's one moment he is on Base Scale and the next as by Magic he slices through all Vocal Bridges on to High Soprano,

I made the fatal error of listening to some one elses redition, Some guy called Deshpande as I felt that was possibly more achievable, here's the link to his rendition (he is supposed to be a pro and he even got the lyrics wrong and his song is at a slower pace) check out the link
http://www.dishant.com/jukebox.php?ngid=11753

I need to scratch deep in my throat laugh.gif to Pronounce Khuda correctly, Musalman Hoon Phir Bhi "Khuda" bolna Nahi Atha, shame sad.gif biggrin.gif

Omkar you're spot on mate, another thing is my Low notes are also wrong and felt out of breath, but (Guru Arvindji has advised me to work on my low notes at evenings and keep Low Soor Still for at least 10 seconds at a time) wub.gif

I am a bit lazy, as soon as I do a final take that's it I can't be asked to do it again........my attitude is wrong, I simply see this as Karaoke nothing more, and can't wait to move on to the next song (Typical Karaoker Syndrome), I will try to work on the things you have kindly identified, but will not be U/L'ing any more for some time Co's I need to get my head down for some serious studies.

I hope RKA (Pro), Idol (Pro To be) and the Legend Venkatji will give us some guidance. smile.gif

I hope these heavy sessions don't new comers esp new learners off U/L'ing here, but this the only way forward, tree hugging and lentle munching attitude is not going help us progress.
King Rafi
Anwar mian,

aapka 'chaudhvin ka chand' suna.

At the outset, i appreciate your guts to sing such a difficult song with karaoke music in the background. I have recorded this song in my voice, but had to do it without karaoke, as I was simply unable to 'fit it'

I am amazed at OMkarbhai's 'tough love' as call it! Hats off for him. He had the gumption to tell a Musalmaan that your urdu diction is incorrect:)

Though you have sung this song nicely, the song is such, that there is still a lot of potential for further improvement. And i think the key is in listening. When you listen to it the 50th time, you will listen to something new, which u had not noticed before, and so on.
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Oct 24 2007, 07:50 PM) *

Anwar mian,

At the outset, i appreciate your guts to sing such a difficult song with karaoke music in the background. I have recorded this song in my voice, but had to do it without karaoke, as I was simply unable to 'fit it'

I am amazed at OMkarbhai's 'tough love' as call it! Hats off for him. He had the gumption to tell a Musalmaan that your urdu diction is incorrect:)

Though you have sung this song nicely, the song is such, that there is still a lot of potential for further improvement. And i think the key is in listening. When you listen to it the 50th time, you will listen to something new, which u had not noticed before, and so on.

King Rafi, you're correct as usual, the thing is I knew the song didn't sound right esp the low notes Hooo, they're awful and the pronunciation Yaaaikh laugh.gif and still uploaded blink.gif

More than pronunciation, it is the diction, on reflection I know why it happened, it is because I was concentration in singing in tune and thinking, sh$£ Sh£$......here comes the high notes laugh.gif

I did this co's I had the wrong cavalier attitude, I knew i should have re recorded but tought to my self what the hech its only Karaoke..........Omkar bhai has thrashed that idea out of my mind fight.gif

King Rafi Bhai, what on earth was I thinking of rolleyes.gif

the more I listen to the origional, the more I' am ripping my attempt apart, I couldnt sing in the month of Ramzan and then had the audacity to record Chaudvin Ka Chand after a few attempts, almost a few days after Ab Kya Missal Doon....it's an insult to the Master and Tauba Tauba, It will never happen again ph34r.gif

But bro's rest assured I'll be making serious cock ups in future as well, that is GUARANTEED tongue1.gif

You can certainly count on that wink.gif

I look forward to one from you King Rafi I've been wanting to request Yeh Mera Prem Patra from you as Farmaish, It'll be really ace i know it will wub.gif

OMkar
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Oct 25 2007, 02:47 AM) *
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Oct 24 2007, 07:50 PM) *

Anwar mian,

King Rafi, you're correct as usual, the thing is I knew the song didn't sound right esp the low notes Hooo, they're awful and the pronunciation Yaaaikh laugh.gif and still uploaded blink.gif

More than pronunciation, it is the diction, on reflection I know why it happened, it is because I was concentration in singing in tune and thinking, sh$£ Sh£$......here comes the high notes laugh.gif

I did this co's I had the wrong cavalier attitude, I knew i should have re recorded but tought to my self what the hech its only Karaoke..........Omkar bhai has thrashed that idea out of my mind fight.gif

King Rafi Bhai, what on earth was I thinking of rolleyes.gif

the more I listen to the origional, the more I' am ripping my attempt apart, I couldnt sing in the month of Ramzan and then had the audacity to record Chaudvin Ka Chand after a few attempts, almost a few days after Ab Kya Missal Doon....it's an insult to the Master and Tauba Tauba, It will never happen again ph34r.gif

But bro's rest assured I'll be making serious cock ups in future as well, that is GUARANTEED tongue1.gif

You can certainly count on that wink.gif

I look forward to one from you King Rafi I've been wanting to request Yeh Mera Prem Patra from you as Farmaish, It'll be really ace i know it will wub.gif

Anwar Mian, I would like to mention one thing to you...

YOUR VOICE IS VERY VERY NICE!!! But you need to re-think on how think about the completxity of the song. I mean I dont think while singing you should look ahead for what difficult part is coming. It totally mess up even the part you are singing at the minute. Dont do that! Instead when you pick a difficult song, just think about the difficult places in the song and try to practice only those untill master them. And remember practice can be done 24 hrs anytime, anywhere. Just to tell you (dont tell anyone); most of the time, my friends find me in my own world. Even when I am in group, either I am sort of lost or pulling someone's leg laugh.gif So when I am lost, I am mostly busy with some song or with my nature!

Anwat mian, one of the biggest shamefule act in the world is to loose the BEST that GOD gave you!! Mian, I expect lot and lot from you.

KRbhai and Anwarbhai, when it comes to Urdu, honestly I am not at all good. I only try my best to pronounce words correctly because I love languages especially Sanskrit, Marathi, Hindi and Urdu!! Chalo, lets learn from each others!!

King Rafibhau and Anwarbhai!!!!! NOW ITS YOUR TURN, PLEASE RECORD SOMETHING NICE AND UPLOAD!! WE ARE WAITING TO HEAR YOUR BEAUTIFUL VOICES!!!
King Rafi
@anwar mian, after reading OMkarji's post it stuck me that you don't seem to be enjoying the very process of singing and recording a song. From your previous post (in which you have described your struggles), it seemed as if your boss is pressurising you to 'go and record that song which is pending for a long time'.

I think you need to see how you can enjoy the whole thing, so it comes very naturally to you, so that it is the best possible output from you.

@OMkarji, I recorded 'Yeh Mera Prem Patra' as per mian's farmaish, but my cold and sore throat is making me sound like Mukesh. So I though let's try to take advantage of this, and am currently recording a Mukesh song. Will upload it in the next 24 hrs smile1.gif

Meanwhile, I need to record a KK number to dedicate to you for all your hard work and initiative in getting the name changed.
OMkar
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Oct 25 2007, 02:56 PM) *
@anwar mian, after reading OMkarji's post it stuck me that you don't seem to be enjoying the very process of singing and recording a song. From your previous post (in which you have described your struggles), it seemed as if your boss is pressurising you to 'go and record that song which is pending for a long time'.

I think you need to see how you can enjoy the whole thing, so it comes very naturally to you, so that it is the best possible output from you.

@OMkarji, I recorded 'Yeh Mera Prem Patra' as per mian's farmaish, but my cold and sore throat is making me sound like Mukesh. So I though let's try to take advantage of this, and am currently recording a Mukesh song. Will upload it in the next 24 hrs smile1.gif

Meanwhile, I need to record a KK number to dedicate to you for all your hard work and initiative in getting the name changed.

Hardwork??? No Bhai!! Without all of your support I could have done it man!!! So WE did it as we wanted it to be.

THIS IS MAIN REASON I LOVE THIS FORUM. HERE YOU WOULD GET ALL THE FREEDOM TO EXPRESS YOUR THOUGHTS AND IF IT IS SUPPORTED BY OTHERS, THEN THE NECESSARY ACTION IS TAKEN TO HELP US AND MAKE ALL US HAPPY... THIS QUALITY IS THE BIGGEST ASSET OF THIS FORUM!!! bow.gif SO LETS ROCK!!!

KRBhai, so nice of you for singing Kishoreda song for me!!! bow.gif I am ager to hear ur song!! Dude, do you mind to join the thread I made for all of us as 'hamari Mehfil' where we all want to upload their songs... And in addition what I did is I made my own separate thread as well to upload my own songs so that I can give that link to my kith and kins... You also could do that if you like smile.gif

So could I wait for your song in 'Hamari Mehfil' thread? Lets make 'hamari Mehfil' with full of music and fun!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.