Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dalip Kumar Ji Very Very Happy News
Hamara Forums > Films > Bollywood
surhall

AAP AUR HUM HF
SANGEET KA SAFAR HAVE VERY VERY HAPPY NEWS
SIR ,DALIP KUMAR JI GET TODAY AWARD BIG WAY.
मुंबई में सोमवार, 30 अप्रैल को दादा साहेब फाल्के एकेडमी द्वारा आयोजित फाल्के अवार्ड समारोह में एक दूसरे को गले लगाते दिलीप कुमार और यश चोपड़ा।

DALIP JI AAP KO BHUT BHUT MUBARAK FROM HF MEMBERS

DHALL
surhall
I have no regrets: Dilip Kumar

Bollywood’s thespian, who receives the Phalke Ratna Award tonight, talks exclusively to BT about himself.

Tonight is the night for Dilip Kumar. At 85, Bollywood’s thespian is about to be honoured with another award after a lifetime in the film industry, of reaping the same. And this time, it is the prestigious Phalke Ratna Award by Dadasaheb Phalke Academy. Age and experience have not robbed him of the pleasure of fresh glory. And Dilipsaab said, “The intent is important. I feel honoured that even today, people love and remember me with so much respect. It’s overwhelming.”

BT met him on Saturday night at his home in Pali Hill where the veteran actor and his lovely wife, the actress of yesteryear Saira Banu, have created a world of their own. They step out only when the world beckons. And tonight, the world has summoned Dilipsaab to step into the limelight again. But Saturday night, he was engrossed with the Australia-Sri Lanka World Cup final. An avid soccer and cricket fan, and a former player at some level himself, he said in a distracted manner, “Australia is too good a team, but Sri Lanka has been a big surprise too. The best team always wins and this match is a treat.”

Time has been kind to him and Dilipsaab was looking alert and ever so good. What makes him tick? “What makes me tick?” he asked astonished, “I think great care and caution. I attribute all this to Saira. Her commitment is irreplaceable. I can be very difficult at times.” For someone who’s done milestone movies, enriching the legacy of Hindi cinema, is there anything interesting left for him to explore? “Karne ko kya baaki raha abhi,” he replied.

But he enjoys watching movies. Of Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan, the other two superstars of Bollywood, he said, “Shah Rukh has an enviable gush. His lust for life and everything he does is something I am thoroughly captivated by. Ek suhana andaaz hain unka.” He pointed to a goldfish in a bowl. “He is like that fish, racing through space, hungrily lusting after something he doesn’t know. But both Amit and Shah Rukh are very able actors, though Amit belongs to a different generation.”

He, himself, has been the king of them all, described as a thespian, the tragedy king, the king of kings and a living legend. Who is the real Dilip Kumar? Amused, he replied, “These are just big words and nothing else. I know and live with the real Dilip Kumar. He is a simple man, hard working, who has survived time.” Does he have any regrets? An unfulfilled wish? “Khuda naraaz ho jayenge if I start complaining,” he smiled. “He has given me so much that I should be abundantly satisfied. And no, I have no regrets. He’s been really kind.”

An untouched topic in this day and age of star sons: Does he not miss having an heir of his own to carry on the great Dilip Kumar legacy? “I love children, but where’s the time to think about it? We have about 30 children from Saira’s family and my own, and they are enough to keep me occupied with their mischief. They are so full of energy that I get tired trying to cope with them.” And another taboo subject. Women. Who’s the most beautiful woman he’s seen? Dilip Kumar replied with a naughty twinkle in his eye, “I have got her and she’s mine!”

very happy news
dhall
nasir
QUOTE(surhall @ May 1 2007, 07:38 PM) *

Bollywood’s thespian, who receives the Phalke Ratna Award tonight, talks exclusively to BT about himself.

Tonight is the night for Dilip Kumar. At 85, Bollywood’s thespian is about to be honoured with another award after a lifetime in the film industry, of reaping the same. And this time, it is the prestigious Phalke Ratna Award by Dadasaheb Phalke Academy. Age and experience have not robbed him of the pleasure of fresh glory. And Dilipsaab said, “The intent is important. I feel honoured that even today, people love and remember me with so much respect. It’s overwhelming.”

BT met him on Saturday night at his home in Pali Hill where the veteran actor and his lovely wife, the actress of yesteryear Saira Banu, have created a world of their own. They step out only when the world beckons. And tonight, the world has summoned Dilipsaab to step into the limelight again. But Saturday night, he was engrossed with the Australia-Sri Lanka World Cup final. An avid soccer and cricket fan, and a former player at some level himself, he said in a distracted manner, “Australia is too good a team, but Sri Lanka has been a big surprise too. The best team always wins and this match is a treat.”

Time has been kind to him and Dilipsaab was looking alert and ever so good. What makes him tick? “What makes me tick?” he asked astonished, “I think great care and caution. I attribute all this to Saira. Her commitment is irreplaceable. I can be very difficult at times.” For someone who’s done milestone movies, enriching the legacy of Hindi cinema, is there anything interesting left for him to explore? “Karne ko kya baaki raha abhi,” he replied.

But he enjoys watching movies. Of Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan, the other two superstars of Bollywood, he said, “Shah Rukh has an enviable gush. His lust for life and everything he does is something I am thoroughly captivated by. Ek suhana andaaz hain unka.” He pointed to a goldfish in a bowl. “He is like that fish, racing through space, hungrily lusting after something he doesn’t know. But both Amit and Shah Rukh are very able actors, though Amit belongs to a different generation.”

He, himself, has been the king of them all, described as a thespian, the tragedy king, the king of kings and a living legend. Who is the real Dilip Kumar? Amused, he replied, “These are just big words and nothing else. I know and live with the real Dilip Kumar. He is a simple man, hard working, who has survived time.” Does he have any regrets? An unfulfilled wish? “Khuda naraaz ho jayenge if I start complaining,” he smiled. “He has given me so much that I should be abundantly satisfied. And no, I have no regrets. He’s been really kind.”

An untouched topic in this day and age of star sons: Does he not miss having an heir of his own to carry on the great Dilip Kumar legacy? “I love children, but where’s the time to think about it? We have about 30 children from Saira’s family and my own, and they are enough to keep me occupied with their mischief. They are so full of energy that I get tired trying to cope with them.” And another taboo subject. Women. Who’s the most beautiful woman he’s seen? Dilip Kumar replied with a naughty twinkle in his eye, “I have got her and she’s mine!”

very happy news
dhall

Yes, Surhall ji - a very happy news indeed!
I was simply glued to this news item in the Bombay Times - what with a very pleasant picture of the Thespian too. I was almost moved to tears when I read Dilip Saab comments: "KHUDA NARAAZ HO JAYENGE if I start complaining..." His positive comments on the current super stars too shows how much interested and concerned he is about them. When asked about the vacuum in the shape of his being childless his answer never showed any regret - an answer that come out only from a very brave and courageous man who has lived the life on his own terms and who sees other children from the family as his own. Seeing Sairaji as the most beautiful woman in his life speaks volume for his love for her and also shows how Saira ji's extremely loving care for her husband. How proud she must be today too!

Yash Chopra while handing over the Award referred to their fifty-one years of association that is strong even today. It is another story that the current crops of actors and stars failed to show up at the ceremony. Why should they? No income was involved but only charity. But at least they should have come to show their solidarity for the welfare of those artistes who have not been fortunate enough and who have approached the sunset of their lives. They must not forget the KAAGHAZ KE PHOOL story.

Here's wishing Dilip Kumar many many more awards. On behalf of HF, myself and all their diehard fans here's wishing Dilip Saab and Saira ji all the happiness in the world.

And thank you so much, Surhall ji for posting this news. tongue1.gif.

NASIR.
surhall
QUOTE(nasir @ May 1 2007, 08:38 PM) *

very happy news
dhall

I was simply glued to this news item in the Bombay Times - what with a very pleasant picture of the Thespian too. I was almost moved to tears when I read Dilip Saab comments: "KHUDA NARAAZ HO JAYENGE if I start complaining..." His positive comments on the current super stars too shows how much interested and concerned he is about them. When asked about the vacuum in the shape of his being childless his answer never showed any regret - an answer that come out only from a very brave and courageous man who has lived the life on his own terms and who sees other children from the family as his own. Seeing Sairaji as the most beautiful woman in his life speaks volume for his love for her and also shows how Saira ji's extremely loving care for her husband. How proud she must be today too!

Yash Chopra while handing over the Award referred to their fifty-one years of association that is strong even today. It is another story that the current crops of actors and stars failed to show up at the ceremony. Why should they? No income was involved but only charity. But at least they should have come to show their solidarity for the welfare of those artistes who have not been fortunate enough and who have approached the sunset of their lives. They must not forget the KAAGHAZ KE PHOOL story.

Here's wishing Dilip Kumar many many more awards. On behalf of HF, myself and all their diehard fans here's wishing Dilip Saab and Saira ji all the happiness in the world.

NASIR.

NASIR BHAI.
THANKS YOUR WORDS . DALIP JI ALLWAYS IS VERY GOOD
1944TO TILL TODAY HE IS SAME. GOD GIVE LONG LIFE & GOOD HAPPY
LIFE.
DHALL
myawan
Great news!!! Congrats to Dilip Sahib.

Thanks Surhall! smile1.gif
myawan
Is Phalkte Ratan award different from Dadasahab Phalke award? Coz I remember Dilip sahab already got the later award too.
nasir
QUOTE(surhall @ May 2 2007, 02:19 AM) *

QUOTE(nasir @ May 1 2007, 08:38 PM) *

very happy news
dhall

NASIR.

NASIR BHAI.
THANKS YOUR WORDS . DALIP JI ALLWAYS IS VERY GOOD
1944TO TILL TODAY HE IS SAME. GOD GIVE LONG LIFE & GOOD HAPPY
LIFE.
DHALL

I will say Amen (tathaastu) to that! smile.gif

NASIR.
nasir
QUOTE(myawan @ May 2 2007, 01:56 PM) *

Is Phalkte Ratan award different from Dadasahab Phalke award? Coz I remember Dilip sahab already got the later award too.

Myawan bhai I too was confused on this subject - but it is clear now:
The Dadasahab Phalke Award that was awarded to Dilip Saab in 1994 (he should have got that Award much earlier) was for cinematic excellence. He had then donated the entire proceeds to this institution for the betterment of junior and other artistes. This RATNA award is for LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT.

NASIR.
desai2rn
Great actor and equally great personality. Award well deserved.

Congratualtions to Dilip saab.

Reeth

QUOTE(surhall @ May 1 2007, 05:27 AM) *

AAP AUR HUM HF
मुंबई में सोमवार, 30 अप्रैल को दादा साहेब फाल्के एकेडमी द्वारा आयोजित फाल्के अवार्ड समारोह में एक दूसरे को गले लगाते दिलीप कुमार और यश चोपड़ा।

DHALL

very happy news
dhall

Thanks a lot Dhall.... smile.gif
Dhadasaheb Phalke Academy is the August body of Film industry and 36 cine associations are affiliated to it.To celebrate the 138th birth anniversary celebrations of Dadasaheb Phalke, 55 seniors( from labor to legend) were honored with the Dhadasaheb Phalke Academy awards.Legendary artistes Beena rai, Kum kum, Shashikala,Aruna Irani,Jetendra, directoer Lekh tandon ,producer Rajkumar Barjatya are among the
recipients of the award.....many technicians, distributors and exhibitors were also honoured.....

:source:
surhall
QUOTE(Reeth @ May 3 2007, 01:10 AM) *

QUOTE(surhall @ May 1 2007, 05:27 AM) *

AAP AUR HUM HF

DHALL

SOME MORE ALSO COMING
DHALL

very happy news
dhall

Thanks a lot Dhall.... smile.gif
Dhadasaheb Phalke Academy is the August body of Film industry and 36 cine associations are affiliated to it.To celebrate the 138th birth anniversary celebrations of Dadasaheb Phalke, 55 seniors( from labor to legend) were honored with the Dhadasaheb Phalke Academy awards.Legendary artistes Beena rai, Kum kum, Shashikala,Aruna Irani,Jetendra, directoer Lekh tandon ,producer Rajkumar Barjatya are among the
recipients of the award.....many technicians, distributors and exhibitors were also honoured.....

:source:

Mumbai Talking

Actor Dilip Kumar will be honoured with the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award today. We ask readers if he is the finest actor the Hindi film industry has produced.

Rupesh Chandorkar, 26, Dombivli

Yes, definitely. The kind of work he’s done, he truly deserves the award. I don’t think Amitabh Bachchan would have been the right choice as he just can’t match Dilipsaab’s style

Milind Patil, 28, Mahim

Not really. In fact, I don’t think he’s eligible for the award. According to me, Om Puri is the finest actor
Smitesh Shah, 45, Ghatkopar

Yes, of course. Apart from being one of the finest actors of the Hindi film industry, he also comes across as a very nice human being. He’s been a very dedicated actor

Kalimudin V, 73, CST

Yes, of course. I’ve seen a lot of his films and he was brilliant, especially in Devdas and Mughal-e-Azam. I don’t think any other actor deserves this award as much as he does.
NATURE
QUOTE(surhall @ May 1 2007, 08:38 PM) *

But he enjoys watching movies. Of Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan, the other two superstars of
Bollywood, he said, “Shah Rukh has an enviable gush. His lust for life and everything he does is something I
am thoroughly captivated by. Ek suhana andaaz hain unka.” He pointed to a goldfish in a bowl. “He is like that
fish, racing through space, hungrily lusting after something he doesn’t know. But both Amit and Shah Rukh
are very able actors, though Amit belongs to a different generation.”

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

good joke. i feel it's like what javed akhtar said about rekha recently. both are same, i don't see the
necessity of such comments in the entire picture. were they asked about that particular person or what ?
or they just want to comment on somebody ?

putting the name of big b alongside shahrukh, is he not fueling the so called hot debate "amitabh vs. shahrukh"
hyped by the media ? i hardly believe in comments made by these superstars. ab haal hee mein, amitabh
bachchan ko poochhaa gayaa thaa: "who is better, aamir or shahrukh" ? unkaa jawaab thaa "ofcourse shahrukh" ohmy.gif

how man ? aap megastar ho, man of the millenium ho. aapko nahi pataa acting kya hai ? agar main saadhaaran
aadmi farq kar saktaa hoon to aap nahi kar sakte kya ? i give it some importance because their comments
have some impact on public. cause people will feel "amitabh has appreciated shahrukh ? oh yeah srk
is really god." usual thinking of uneducated people that gets influenced by the thoughts of stars.

now see naseeruddin shah, he said "srk is not a good actor, but he is very lucky. konkona sen sharma is
out of the world. tabu is brilliant. saif ali khan has improved so much in acting, screen persona". so they
are. this is what i expect from an actor. otherwise they say blah blah just for formality ...
when om puri was asked about 2day's actors. he said "i think rahul bose is very good". he just didn't
mix milk with egg.

bashing dilip kumar or critising him is not my intention. aur meri aukaat bhi nahi hai. biggrin.gif
what i meant is i don't believe in what they say especially when they make such comments.
vaise dilip kumar aur shahrukh ke beech ek baat common hai. dono bore karte hai. dilip kabhi kabhi
bore karte hai aur shahrukh hameshaa. but yes, dilip kumar is indeed very talented and a very good actor
but i feel he is more dramatic than natural. what say ? aren't sanjeev kumar, ashoke kumar more natural ?
still people don't prefer them over dilip. i think people prefer something over talent.
( oh, why i said about sanjeev kumar/ashoke kumar ? cause people post articles and topics about
dilip kumar. but nothing about the rest. laugh.gif )
nasir
Surhallji, please find below an extract sent by one of our HF members and an ardent fan of Dilip Kumar:

Amitabh Bachchan and Dilip Kumar acted together for the first and last time in Shakti (1982).
By Vimla Patil

01 May 2007 (Sawf News) - Amitabh, the most prolific and powerful actor in Bollywood today, paid a glowing tribute to thespian Dilip Kumar widely believed to be the best actor Bollywood has ever produced.

Narrating a touching incident in his past, the Big B became emotional when he talked about his idol and hero Dilip Kumar at the Dadasaheb Phalke Award function recently. According to DNA, he said, "When I took to acting a little more seriously at school in Allahabad, Dilip Saheb became my idol and remains one till date and shall ever remain so." The Big B said that he had visited Mumbai in 1960 on a holiday and seen Dilip Kumar entering a south Mumbai restaurant. "I ran out and bought an autograph book. It was unimaginable that I could actually face and interact with my idol. But Dilip Saheb left suddenly and I was depressed for days for not getting his autograph. Later, when we worked together and I shared a frame with him while making Shakti, I told him about this incident and we both had a hearty laugh!"

Amitabh Bachchan and Dilip Kumar in a still from Shakti (1982).
Amitabh Bachchan said that Dilip Kumar has been "an inspiration to every actor that came after him. And those that disagree, are not being honest. I am proud to be from the same fraternity as Dilip Kumar!"

reproduced,
NASIR.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.