Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghosts, Hauntings And Manifestations....???
Hamara Forums > General > Antariksh Aur Anhoni
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
nasir
QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 21 2007, 02:34 AM) *

QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 21 2007, 02:26 AM) *

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 21 2007, 01:44 AM) *

QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 21 2007, 01:01 AM) *

If Judgement day was a mere formality, Why does Quran warns about the consequences Bad people will face in Hell.
I do agree that in the final end, everybody will be rewarded Heaven, But each day in 'Hell' is equivalent to 80 thousand years(something like that).
'Allah Talah' was so sure, that his Followers 'Bandhe' would not go astray, that he allowed Satan an inch of space in our hearts.
And it is due to this ... Satanic overpowering weak mortals, that there is crime & evil on this earth.
And if we ... do go astray, we will have to face 'Allah's wrath' ... which is 'Hell'.

I don't believe in Ghosts or Spirits ... b'cuz ... 'Satan only influences people to do bad stuff, He does not assume forms or entities to scare people'. Ghosts are mere imaginations.

Haneef

So you agree that Satan "overpowering weak mortals", is part of His predestined plan.
Just as Satan itself is a part of God's creation.

Not all people succumb 2 evil temptation, do they? Why not?
B'coz the Almighty hadn't willed that all people in the world have a predisposition towards evil.

God had willed that Satan wud defy Him, and turn people astray from the righteous path, it's His Will that just as Satan wud be proved wrong on the Judgement day, so wud the people whom He created Evil wud get their just desserts.

So, actually what we are doing is executing His Will, when we think it's we who are making a choice.
We are not.

Noorie

Noorie ji,
On the day of Judgement , Prophet Mohammed (Pbuh) would go into sajdah ... lasting for days or years before God. Finally God would say ' Rise O Mohd. (Pbuh) What do you want' , then the Prophet will say "Ummah".
Then God would say " Fine .. you can go and get a third of your 'Ummah' back from Hell".

After getting his " Ummati" out of Hell, Prophet Mohd.(Pbuh) would go back into sajdah again ... & the same process is gonna go on till all the Ummati are going to be forgiven & placed in 'Heaven'.

This is how we are gonna be saved from hell fire ... finally.

God is not called "Zarra Nawaz" for no reason, If He sees even a slight glimpse of goodness in a person, He can grant him Heaven.
So it is our duty to walk on the path of Righteousness, & hope for the best. And not because God willed us to take the Right Or the Wrong path.
Man is not an animal, that he would be forgiven. Angels doesn't have hearts, so they won't do anything bad, its only Us who will be accounted for our deeds or misdeeds.

Haneef

Haneef, that is the Islamic view-point. A belief.

The other one is a fatalistic theory.

You can't possibly reconcile the two; it isn't worth trying.

smile.gif
Noorie

Guys, you have been discussing two different topics and both of them are huge: Taqdeer and now Intercession.
Very shortly, belief in Taqdeer is the basic part of IMAAN. Even in early Islamic period there was a great debate between Islamic scholars who have gone down in history as the Jabriyya and the Qadriyya, i.e. the fatalists and the exponents of Free Will. That period was also the period of the Mutazilites who were the Rationalists. Let me quote the following which I'm sure will answer a lot of our question:

Imam Hasan bin ‘Ali sent the following reply to Hazrat Hasan of Basra on that topic. I quote:

“I begin with the name of Allah, the most Merciful and most Gracious. I receive your letter indicating the anxiety over the controversy, and the state of bewilderment prevailing in the ummah. I am firmly in the opinion that he who does not believe in predestination of good and evil (like the Qadarites) is an infidel; and he who attributes evil to the Almighty like the (Jabarites) is a sinner. He who does good, does so by his own free will, and he who commits a sin, does so of his own accord. But still Allah is the Supreme Lord. Although He has given u the brain to decide, He is still Rule over your brain. He does not stop any man from doing good, nor does He force anyone to commit a sin. At the same time, He has the power to prevent man from committing a sin, but if He does not prevent him, it does not mean that He has forced him to do so. This is where the Jabarites have erred. Allah Almighty has given man the discretion to decide what is good and what is evil. He has also given him the power to do good and avoid evil. Thus His policy remains irrefutable. Wassalam."
Commenting on the above Hazrat Ali bin Usman al-Hajwiri (known as Hazrat Daata Ganje Bakesh in India and Pakistan) says in his famous KASHF AL MAHJUB:
"This means that he who does not attribute the power to do good or evil to God is not a Muslim. And one who ascribes evil to God is a sinner. That is to say those who disbelieve in predestination are Qadariya (Qadarites) and those who attribute evil to God are Jabriya (Jabarites). Man is free to act in accordance with the (limited) power given to him by God. And our religion (Islam) is between Jabr and Qadr. This is the crux of the problem which I wanted to make known. I have quoted the whole letter to show Imam Hasan’s knowledge of the secrets (haqaiq) of Islam."

NASIR.
noorie
smile.gif Thanks Nasir, that was very illuminating.

The concept of freewill and predetermination is one of those wonderful philosophical / theological paradoxes that exist in nearly all religions of the world, and it’s not something that can be resolved easily ‘coz no one so far has come up with all the satisfactory answers.

So, cud we move on 2 saner topics like ghost busting please? tongue1.gif

Noorie
Reeth
QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 21 2007, 03:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 21 2007, 02:42 AM) *

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 21 2007, 02:24 AM) *

Now you make me very depressed noorie( with the fatalistic "KARMA" theory) ......i believe that my destiny is in my hands ......no doubt there are unforseen circumstances which may throw me off gear....but then i plan again shift gear and go on........ isn't that simpler? biggrin.gif
I am stll waiting ninja.gif Ghostly Anticipation ninja.gif

Not really. Sum people wud love 2 flow along with the tide. tongue1.gif

Did I say I am not one of them?

Reeth, have you tried watching / reading a spooky movie / book late at night ?
That's guaranteed to make anyone see ghostly visions in places where they've seen none b4! biggrin.gif

Try the book first, nothing like a little imagination 2 spur you on the ghostly hunt. tongue1.gif

Noorie

You are an Enigma noorie....i do flow wit the tide most of the time... at least...
hey i dont want an imaginative ghost.....the real thing....i am waiting for that...[/
b] ninja.gif

An "enigma"
and me? I cud say the same about you. tongue1.gif

Reeth, you want 2 see the "real thing", then how about booking urself into Chillingham Castle said 2 be the most haunted castle in England. mellow.gif
Has dungeons, even a torture chamber. sad.gif

CHILLINGHAM CASTLE

History

Chillingham Castle Has Protected Its Inhabitants For 800 Years. Having been owned by Earls Grey and their descendants since the 1200s, Chillingham Castle bears the scars of battle and has felt the sorrows of abandonment. The early beginnings of this Northumberland fortification date far back to the 1100s, following the Norman Conquest. A Norman nobleman, in hopes of providing his family with a prosperous estate, built the original watchtower of Chillingham, which would be used for centuries to warn inhabitants of potential invasion and bloodshed.

Due to its strategic location, many infamous characters have resided within the dark castle walls. One of the first visitors, though only residing within the watch tower, was England's King Edward I. Better known as “Edward Longshanks”, he stopped en route to war, where he was destined to fight the legendary Scottish hero William Wallace. His ancient room is still intact. Other residents were not guests, but were forced to call Chillingham home. Deserted inmates seized from numerous battles could be found counting down the depressing days of their imprisonment within the castle's shadowy depths. The torture chamber displays gruesome instruments used to inflict pain and punishment, such as a bed of nails, a stretching rack, thumb screws and branding irons, and the dungeon walls are etched with notes from its despondant population.

A witness to violence, Chillingham has also experienced it first hand. With raging armies to the north, attacks were not uncommon—thus explaining the many enhancements made to the castle’s defense system throughout history. It has a surrounding moat, a 12-foot-thick defense system and several towers, but after regularly accommodating the first unified King of Scotland and England on his journeys between the two nations, Chillingham began to be transformed. Violence faded, and in contradiction to previous reinforcements, Chillingham underwent an aesthetic makeover, replacing previous defenses with residential luxuries formerly unknown. It became a lavish estate with landscaped grounds and gardens, depicting the peace that would continue to sweep across the area of Northumberland, England and Scotland.

Centuries later, in a time more familiar, Chillingham was used as a barracks during the Second World War. Soon after, the castle fell into wretchedness haunted by infestation and rot. Though the castle was abandoned and the Grey family moved to a new home, the area would soon be restored to the magnificence that once radiated from within its core, and that can till be found today.

Hauntings

The name Chillingham Castle speaks for itself, as it is thought to be one of the most haunted castles in Britain. Unnerving accounts of ghost sightings from witnesses of both the past and present have given Chillingham its chilling reputation. The Blue Boy, or Radiant Boy, could possibly be the castle's most famous ghost. It used to be that at midnight, when the clock tower struck 12, there were fearful moans and cries coming from The Pink Room—a bedroom within the castle. After the moaning stopped, supposedly anyone in the bedroom would see a blurry image of a boy dressed all in blue, accompanied by a bright halo of light surrounding the four-poster bed. In the 1920s, a young boy’s remains were found by construction workers behind a 10-foot-thick wall and given a proper burial. Sightings of the Blue Boy have since ceased.

Another ghost believed to haunt the castle is that of Lady Mary Berkeley. In her time she was the wife of Ford, Lord Grey of Wark and Chillingham, and Earl of Tankerville. Having deserted his wife and their child, Berkeley was left to wallow in sorrow within the castle walls. The rustle of her dress is said to be audible as she wanders sadly through the hallways.

Click to view attachment

For now take a tour through this link: ninja.gif

Chillingham Castle

Noorie

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 21 2007, 08:50 PM) *

QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 21 2007, 08:25 PM) *

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 21 2007, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 21 2007, 08:12 PM) *

Getting back on the ghost trail, I think you might change your views about the non-existence of ghosts after a night at the Chillingham Castle.

Brrrrrr, even the name gives me the chills.

Noorie

If I were living in UK, I definitely would've. ... Unfortunately I don't.

There's this upside down Mansion built in Wisconsin Dells, with spooky effects to it, to make it look haunted.
Must be the same case in Chillingham ... too.

Haneef

What! You don't believe that a castle cud be genuinely haunted???? mellow.gif

Noorie

No, I don't. smile.gif
Do You ?

Haneef

Not just a castle or mansion, but even an outhouse, servants' help quarters, an abandoned well and a disused rail shunting station, can be haunted; I wud be sceptical if I hadn't 'seen' and 'felt' it 4 myself. sad.gif

Noorie

I have heard a lot about this place.....why dont you share your experience with us noorie?? rolleyes.gif
Reeth
QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 21 2007, 11:27 PM) *

QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 21 2007, 08:25 PM) *

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 21 2007, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 21 2007, 08:12 PM) *

Getting back on the ghost trail, I think you might change your views about the non-existence of ghosts after a night at the Chillingham Castle.

Brrrrrr, even the name gives me the chills.

Noorie

If I were living in UK, I definitely would've. ... Unfortunately I don't.

There's this upside down Mansion built in Wisconsin Dells, with spooky effects to it, to make it look haunted.
Must be the same case in Chillingham ... too.

Haneef

What! You don't believe that a castle cud be genuinely haunted???? mellow.gif

Noorie

No, I don't. smile.gif
Do You ?

Haneef

Speaking of castles which are far away from the countryside is understandable. What would you say if an entire building is haunted and that too right in the heart of the city?

Once, when I was in Bahrain, an arab friend while showing me the country pointed out a 7-storey building right in the heart of the city and located at the intersection of four roads. It was completely vacant. He said that the building was haunted by the Jinns. Imagine!

NASIR.

Nasir, i was told by an architect friend that there is such a building in mumbai which is supposed to be haunted and there are no takers........it is somewhere close to peddar road/carmichael road area....
Reeth
QUOTE(yob @ Apr 21 2007, 08:13 PM) *

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Apr 21 2007, 07:57 PM) *

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 21 2007, 03:08 PM) *

Haneef, how do you know that there's such a thing as a "winning side" in a conversation ? There certainly isn't. Ask anyone, they'll tell you so.

Just ask bobby and oye sonu they'll tell you if there is a 'losing side' or not.

ym bobby can defeat u any time any where------haan last time tum jeet gaye thee but tum kaise jeete ye sabko maaloom hai---aur bobby ko maaloom thaa ki former admin tumhare against kuch bhi nahin karenge--aur nuksaan bobby ka hi hoga--phir bhi ya hamari hi himmat thi ki itna sab jaante hue bhi tumse takra gaye--aur hf ko jitna nuksaan ym ki vajeh se hua hai-vo tou shayad hi kabhi puraa ho paye ye baat bhi sab jaante hain--
---aapke dost---azgar khan sahab kehte hain ki ym thoda sa blunt hai isliye log usko bura samjhte hai tou bhai mere -phir blunt hone ka koi scale nahin hota hai--aur na hi aisa ho sakta hai ki jis scale tak tumhara dost blunt hai--bas vahin tak jayaj hai--doosra koi ym se bhi jyada blunt ho sakta hai-----and ym---ye baat tou bhool jao ki neutral place or judges ke beech tum mere ko tou kya ek chote bachche ko bhi defeat de sakte ho---cause u r a sick person--jiska ilaaz bas ek hi hai--do teen baar pehle bhi medicine de chuka hoon---chahte ho tou ek baar phir doon kya??

bobby why dont we all start afresh?/ plz forget all the past happenings and move on.....it is a new scene here on hf now, new admin......be part of everything... biggrin.gif why don;t you share some of your experience here....??
yob
QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 22 2007, 12:15 PM) *

Haneef, how do you know that there's such a thing as a "winning side" in a conversation ? There certainly isn't. Ask anyone, they'll tell you so.

Just ask bobby and oye sonu they'll tell you if there is a 'losing side' or not.

ym bobby can defeat u any time any where------haan last time tum jeet gaye thee but tum kaise jeete ye sabko maaloom hai---aur bobby ko maaloom thaa ki former admin tumhare against kuch bhi nahin karenge--aur nuksaan bobby ka hi hoga--phir bhi ya hamari hi himmat thi ki itna sab jaante hue bhi tumse takra gaye--aur hf ko jitna nuksaan ym ki vajeh se hua hai-vo tou shayad hi kabhi puraa ho paye ye baat bhi sab jaante hain--
---aapke dost---azgar khan sahab kehte hain ki ym thoda sa blunt hai isliye log usko bura samjhte hai tou bhai mere -phir blunt hone ka koi scale nahin hota hai--aur na hi aisa ho sakta hai ki jis scale tak tumhara dost blunt hai--bas vahin tak jayaj hai--doosra koi ym se bhi jyada blunt ho sakta hai-----and ym---ye baat tou bhool jao ki neutral place or judges ke beech tum mere ko tou kya ek chote bachche ko bhi defeat de sakte ho---cause u r a sick person--jiska ilaaz bas ek hi hai--do teen baar pehle bhi medicine de chuka hoon---chahte ho tou ek baar phir doon kya??

bobby why dont we all start afresh?/ plz forget all the past happenings and move on.....it is a new scene here on hf now, new admin......be part of everything... biggrin.gif why don;t you share some of your experience here....??

reeth sahab kuch log kabhi bhi shanti nahin chahte hain---aap hi dekhiye--yahhaan bhi kaun pehle start hua hai----aur aise hi chalta raha tou bro--mere paas share karne ke liye fights ke hi experience reh jayenge- wink.gif -thoda sa gyan is ym ko bhi dijiye aap sab log---kyunki main tou isko wahi de sakta hoon jo ye aadmi deserve karta hai---
Dharmaan Khan
[/quote]

mere paas share karne ke liye fights ke hi experience reh jayenge
[/quote]

Tanz ke alfaaz hi nauk e zubaan reh jayenge, doston ke paas kal pathar kahan reh jayenge
Bas yahi yadein banengi rabaton ka ek pull, khwaab hi kuch tere mere darmiyaan reh jayenge
teri palkon par kabhi main tartharoanga zaroor, tere rukhsaron pe sochon ke nishaan reh jayenge
aap ke zair e nageen sari zameen aajayegi, mere hisse main faqat kuch aasman reh jayenge
PHAILTE SAAYON KI ZULMAT IS QADAR HOGI MUHEET, AADMI UTH JAYENGE, KUCH SAHIBAA REH JAYENGE
YAAD KI HAR REHGUZAR GULKOSH TO HOGI MAGAR, CHAND KAANTE BHI NASEEB E DUSHMANA REH JAYENGE
nasir
QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 22 2007, 01:40 AM) *

The concept of freewill and predetermination is one of those wonderful philosophical / theological paradoxes that exist in nearly all religions of the world, and it’s not something that can be resolved easily ‘coz no one so far has come up with all the satisfactory answers.

Noorie

Let's move on......
I have some more personal experiences about the "ghosts". Two of them involve tactile sensation and one just aural or sound sensation. I'll relate the latter:

We had a small building located in the Central Bombay - Byculla to be specific. This was taken from the Maharani of Diwaas. In fact this building used to be a Bungalow of the Rajah of Diwaas. We converted the building into tenements and gave rooms on rent to various tenants on the first floor. The portion above the first floor was equally spacious but lying useless and desolate when we thought of constructing rooms.
That portion used to be dark even during bright days and very eerie too. Briefly, we made rooms on the portion that we can call the 2nd floor. One big room was given to a Sari Printer, another to a Purse Maker. Rest were all vacant. In a room located in a corner I used to sleep all by myself. All other rooms were vacant.

After a few days, it was reported someone is heard walking at night on the second floor. Again, it was reported that things are being removed from one place to another in that area. Since I used to sleep alone in my room I thought it would be better to sleep in company of that purse wallah who was our tenant.
So that night I did just that. Sometime, after midnight, I was woken up by that purse wallah. I got up rubbing my eyes. He pointed out in a direction. There I saw his assistance, named Babu, sitting with his hands holding his stomach tight as if in pain. With wide eyes he was staring in one particular location, unable to speak. He looked terrible with a contorted face. It was frightening.

Quietly I whispered into the ears of the purse wallah what was the reason for Babu's posture. He said he didn't know. All of a sudden, the said Babu gave a shriek and jumped at us. We shifted back. Thereafter he started wailing. We made him keep quiet and asked him to sleep in our midst. All night I lay awake, scared that Babu would suddenly attack us. I decided it was better to sleep in my own room all alone than face the dangers in purse-wallah's room.

So the next night I took a dagger with me and put it underneath my pillow and lay there on my bed. Then at about 11.30 p.m. I clearly heard the sound of someone walking. The sound was clear: 'tak, TAK, tak, TAK. " Between "Fleeing and Facing" I took the latter option. Immediately I jumped out of my bed, opened and door and leaned out to see who it was. Simultaneously, I also noticed that the purse-wallah and the Sari Printer also were cheking out the sound. But no one was seen.

I decided to avoid the second floor and remained on the first floor. It was sometime during this period that I was told that the Sari wallah who had slept on the small adjoining terrace there, was actually picked up and thrown back into the interior space. Fortunately he was not thrown down from the terrace to the earth below.

When more and more rooms were built and with the new tenants coming in, gradually we got rid of that Stalking Terror. But one thing did emerge that it was not some evil ghost, but some Pure Sou.

NASIR.

haneef
Nasir Bhai,
I have heard a lot of times from different people that if a person sleeps right in front of the entrance of Masjids which are frequented by 'Paak Jinns', & if he doesn't get up on time for the Fajar Prayer, He is moved by the Jinns to a corner.
I am not sure if this is true or not ... just revealing what I heard.

Haneef
noorie
QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 23 2007, 02:29 PM) *

Noorie

Let's move on......
I have some more personal experiences about the "ghosts". Two of them involve tactile sensation and one just aural or sound sensation. I'll relate the latter:

We had a small building located in the Central Bombay - Byculla to be specific. This was taken from the Maharani of Diwaas. In fact this building used to be a Bungalow of the Rajah of Diwaas. We converted the building into tenements and gave rooms on rent to various tenants on the first floor. The portion above the first floor was equally spacious but lying useless and desolate when we thought of constructing rooms.
That portion used to be dark even during bright days and very eerie too. Briefly, we made rooms on the portion that we can call the 2nd floor. One big room was given to a Sari Printer, another to a Purse Maker. Rest were all vacant. In a room located in a corner I used to sleep all by myself. All other rooms were vacant.

After a few days, it was reported someone is heard walking at night on the second floor. Again, it was reported that things are being removed from one place to another in that area. Since I used to sleep alone in my room I thought it would be better to sleep in company of that purse wallah who was our tenant.
So that night I did just that. Sometime, after midnight, I was woken up by that purse wallah. I got up rubbing my eyes. He pointed out in a direction. There I saw his assistance, named Babu, sitting with his hands holding his stomach tight as if in pain. With wide eyes he was staring in one particular location, unable to speak. He looked terrible with a contorted face. It was frightening.

Quietly I whispered into the ears of the purse wallah what was the reason for Babu's posture. He said he didn't know. All of a sudden, the said Babu gave a shriek and jumped at us. We shifted back. Thereafter he started wailing. We made him keep quiet and asked him to sleep in our midst. All night I lay awake, scared that Babu would suddenly attack us. I decided it was better to sleep in my own room all alone than face the dangers in purse-wallah's room.

So the next night I took a dagger with me and put it underneath my pillow and lay there on my bed. Then at about 11.30 p.m. I clearly heard the sound of someone walking. The sound was clear: 'tak, TAK, tak, TAK. " Between "Fleeing and Facing" I took the latter option. Immediately I jumped out of my bed, opened and door and leaned out to see who it was. Simultaneously, I also noticed that the purse-wallah and the Sari Printer also were cheking out the sound. But no one was seen.

I decided to avoid the second floor and remained on the first floor. It was sometime during this period that I was told that the Sari wallah who had slept on the small adjoining terrace there, was actually picked up and thrown back into the interior space. Fortunately he was not thrown down from the terrace to the earth below.

When more and more rooms were built and with the new tenants coming in, gradually we got rid of that Stalking Terror. But one thing did emerge that it was not some evil ghost, but some Pure Sou.

NASIR.

I have my doubts about that! blink.gif Didn't he just push the sari wallah into "inner space"? tongue1.gif
That strikes me as a very wicked thing to do. rolleyes.gif

Noorie
noorie
QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 23 2007, 09:10 PM) *

Nasir Bhai,
I have heard a lot of times from different people that if a person sleeps right in front of the entrance of Masjids which are frequented by 'Paak Jinns', & if he doesn't get up on time for the Fajar Prayer, He is moved by the Jinns to a corner.

Haneef

Why into a "corner"? huh.gif

Noorie
haneef
QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 23 2007, 10:21 PM) *

Nasir Bhai,

Haneef

Noorie

laugh.gif Noorie Ji,
I meant to say they (Jinns) supposedly drag the 'sleepers' away from the entrance, so that they are not in the way.
Now How 'bout sharing your experience.

Haneef
noorie
QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 23 2007, 11:43 PM) *

Nasir Bhai,

Haneef

Noorie

laugh.gif Noorie Ji,
I meant to say they (Jinns) supposedly drag the 'sleepers' away from the entrance, so that they are not in the way.

Haneef

How about a bargain? rolleyes.gif I might consider it, if you stop being a sceptic first. tongue1.gif
Do you think you cud accomplish that? rolleyes.gif

Noorie
haneef
QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 23 2007, 11:59 PM) *

Nasir Bhai,

Haneef

Noorie

laugh.gif Noorie Ji,

Haneef

How about a bargain? rolleyes.gif I might consider it, if you stop being a sceptic first. tongue1.gif

Noorie

Noorie Ji,
Its hard to believe something which I have not 'seen',
O.K How about " Maybe they exist (Devils or Restless Spirits .. whatever)".
... Will that statement Work ?
Lets see now, if you keep your part of the deal.

Haneef
noorie
QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 24 2007, 12:29 AM) *

Nasir Bhai,

Haneef

Noorie

laugh.gif Noorie Ji,

Haneef

Noorie

Noorie Ji,

Haneef

"Maybe"? That still sounds sceptical. sad.gif

Let me rephrase that; what wud it take 4 you 2 be convinced beyond any doubt that paranormal phenomena is a reality ?

Noorie
haneef
"Maybe"? That still sounds sceptical.

Let me rephrase that; what wud it take 4 you 2 be convinced beyond any doubt that paranormal phenomena is a reality ?

Noorie

I would have to see it to believe it. blink.gif

Can you please share your experience about the paranormal.
I heard that even Ghosts prefer to scare the opposite sex.

Haneef
Reeth
QUOTE(yob @ Apr 22 2007, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 22 2007, 12:15 PM) *

reeth sahab kuch log kabhi bhi shanti nahin chahte hain---aap hi dekhiye--yahhaan bhi kaun pehle start hua hai----aur aise hi chalta raha tou bro--mere paas share karne ke liye fights ke hi experience reh jayenge- wink.gif -thoda sa gyan is ym ko bhi dijiye aap sab log---kyunki main tou isko wahi de sakta hoon jo ye aadmi deserve karta hai---

bobby i know nothing abt your misunderstanding wit YM and it is not right for me to interfere unless it involves me in some manner or the other......too many cooks spoil.......just asking you to participate here and elsewhere... smile.gif
Reeth
QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 23 2007, 02:29 PM) *

Noorie

Let's move on......

NASIR.

A lot of buildings seem to be haunted in Mumbai.......makes sense with all that crowd..........hve to co exist i guess blink.gif
Reeth

Nasir Bhai,

Haneef

Noorie

laugh.gif Noorie Ji,

Haneef

Noorie

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 24 2007, 12:52 AM) *

QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 24 2007, 12:29 AM) *

Nasir Bhai,

Haneef

Noorie

laugh.gif Noorie Ji,

Haneef

Noorie

Noorie Ji,

Haneef

"Maybe"? That still sounds sceptical. sad.gif

Noorie

She is putting up her price... blab.gif biggrin.gif bow.gif plz do the honors noorie.......
noorie
QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 24 2007, 01:04 AM) *

Noorie

Haneef

'Even" ? huh.gif Haneef, it seems to me that you know a whole lot about ghosts and their preferences, more than you let on, by your posts. rolleyes.gif

Mine wasn't 'scary' at all, at least not in the 'typical' sense.
I'll save my ghostly encounters ( that's right, more than one) 4 the last, after everyone else has exhausted sharing their's. tongue1.gif

Noorie
noorie

She is putting up her price... blab.gif biggrin.gif bow.gif plz do the honors noorie.......

Was I really? tongue1.gif For I wasn't aware of that Reeth.

Noorie
noorie

A lot of buildings seem to be haunted in Mumbai.......makes sense with all that crowd..........hve to co exist i guess blink.gif

Not really, unless the netherworld is equally crowded, and there too they have 2 jostle 4 space. mellow.gif

Noorie
haneef
QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 24 2007, 01:30 AM) *

QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 24 2007, 01:04 AM) *

Noorie

Haneef

'Even" ? huh.gif Haneef, it seems to me that you know a whole lot about ghosts and their preferences, more than you let on, by your posts. rolleyes.gif

Mine wasn't 'scary' at all, at least not in the 'typical' sense.
I'll save my ghostly encounters ( that's right, more than one) 4 the last, after everyone else has exhausted sharing their's. tongue1.gif

Noorie

Oh ! I heard a lot of Ghost stories from other people, relatives etc., as a kid.
Don't remember much now ... (that there's been a gap of nearly two decades), but I thought this topic was about 'self encounters' with the paranormal.
I think everybody is done, with their 'encounters' & now its your turn ( Let the cat out of the bag ).

Haneef
nasir

Nasir Bhai,

Haneef

Haneef bhai, that's a very common occurrence - Jinns occupying Mosques. I have heard many tales in this regard. One that instantly comes to mind is the one told by my Bahraini arab friend. It seems he along with his group while on rounds slept in one Masjid. In the morning they got up for the Fajr prayers. But they found some still sleeping. He was covered from head to foot with a blanket. He went to wake him up and actually touched him when he literally got a terrible shock. In moments the body disappeared from his sight.

In fact such tales are many. The Jinns pray even the Tahajjud (after midnight prayers) while in abandoned Masjid they pray at all fixed times. Then, if they find a person sleeping on the way, they may even throw him after due warnings.

I will come to this later, Insha Allah. It's midnight here, and the Cyber Cafe is about to be closed. smile.gif

NASIR.
haneef
Haneef bhai, that's a very common occurrence - Jinns occupying Mosques. I have heard many tales in this regard.

Nasir Bhai, I heard about these incidences from various diff. people , ... so could it be true ?

Did you also ever hear about 'Jinns' buying flowers/sweets using 'coal' as a mode of payment, & later that coal changing into gold nugget the next day.
I really believed that as a kid, but now ... 'Naah ! it was just a story ... maybe'.

Haneef
noorie
QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 24 2007, 11:40 PM) *

Nasir Bhai,

Haneef

Haneef bhai, that's a very common occurrence - Jinns occupying Mosques. I have heard many tales in this regard. One that instantly comes to mind is the one told by my Bahraini arab friend. It seems he along with his group while on rounds slept in one Masjid. In the morning they got up for the Fajr prayers. But they found some still sleeping. He was covered from head to foot with a blanket. He went to wake him up and actually touched him when he literally got a terrible shock. In moments the body disappeared from his sight.

In fact such tales are many. The Jinns pray even the Tahajjud (after midnight prayers) while in abandoned Masjid they pray at all fixed times. Then, if they find a person sleeping on the way, they may even throw him after due warnings.

I will come to this later, Insha Allah. It's midnight here, and the Cyber Cafe is about to be closed. smile.gif

NASIR.

The witching hour...... rolleyes.gif

Noorie
Reeth
QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 24 2007, 01:35 AM) *

Noorie

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 24 2007, 01:44 AM) *

Not really, unless the netherworld is equally crowded, and there too they have 2 jostle 4 space. mellow.gif

Noorie

i can well believe that.... wacko.gif

Let me share one more story as told by an old relative of mine...He is a retd army Brigadier nearly 80 yrs old if i am not mistaken, an absolutely interesting person......still drives n is very active.....he shared one of his mysterious experiences with me ..
This took place in the early sixties while he had come to coorg on his annual vaccation...he and 3 of his friends decided to go for a shikari( those days it was fashionable i guess) so they set out on a jeep taking all the neccessary things and after venturing into the forest they had to leave the jeep as there was no proper road .....so they walked around and having shot some birds and the like, decided to get back to the jeep and found that they were completely lost....after trying various different directions suddenly they noticed a small settlement with a few huts, one often comes across these suddenly.......they decided to get help from there....just as they were approaching it , it began to rain heavily and they ran towards the first hut and tried the door.It was open so they walked in and found no one there. But there were signs of life, there was a fire burning on one side in a grate, the kind one sees in villages.....they waited for some time and apparently all of them fell asleep on the floor out of sheer exhaustion...when they woke up they found it was already dark but the rain had stopped, and they went out and found a couple of people moving about in the distance .....went to them and since it was dark they could hardly make them out....aked for direction and one of them nodded and came with them ,it seems he walked without the help of any light,but these people inspite of carrying torches were unable to keep pace with him....and when they came near to the place where they had parked the jeep he had already gone.....
later they recounted this incident to a forest officer friend of theirs and he was astonished to hear this, since they know every inch of the forest....according to him the little settlement that was there had been burnt down a couple of years ago.....
nasir
QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 25 2007, 02:00 AM) *

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 24 2007, 11:40 PM) *

Nasir Bhai,

Haneef

NASIR.

The witching hour...... rolleyes.gif

Noorie

It's really fun to talk about ghosts and read ghostly stories after the clock has struck Twelve midnight when there is no one around.

NASIR.
nasir
QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 25 2007, 12:01 AM) *

Haneef bhai, that's a very common occurrence - Jinns occupying Mosques. I have heard many tales in this regard.

Nasir Bhai, I heard about these incidences from various diff. people , ... so could it be true ?

Did you also ever hear about 'Jinns' buying flowers/sweets using 'coal' as a mode of payment, & later that coal changing into gold nugget the next day.
I really believed that as a kid, but now ... 'Naah ! it was just a story ... maybe'.

Haneef

It seems the genies are very fond of perfumes and sweets. So it is said that the shop doing these businesses usually flourish. Naturally, such shops would be open after midnight - the time when people wonder why at all the shop remains open. I haven't heard about the form of payment.

But then, we always have to distinguish between the good and the bad Jinns.

NASIR.
noorie
QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 25 2007, 08:25 PM) *

Haneef

It seems the genies are very fond of perfumes and sweets. So it is said that the shop doing these businesses usually flourish. Naturally, such shops would be open after midnight - the time when people wonder why at all the shop remains open. I haven't heard about the form of payment.

NASIR.

That's the same as a poltergeist, right? huh.gif

Noorie
noorie
QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 25 2007, 02:58 AM) *

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 24 2007, 01:35 AM) *

Noorie

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 24 2007, 01:44 AM) *

Noorie

i can well believe that.... wacko.gif

Let me share one more story as told by an old relative of mine...He is a retd army Brigadier nearly 80 yrs old if i am not mistaken, an absolutely interesting person......still drives n is very active.....he shared one of his mysterious experiences with me ..
This took place in the early sixties while he had come to coorg on his annual vaccation...he and 3 of his friends decided to go for a shikari( those days it was fashionable i guess) so they set out on a jeep taking all the neccessary things and after venturing into the forest they had to leave the jeep as there was no proper road .....so they walked around and having shot some birds and the like, decided to get back to the jeep and found that they were completely lost....after trying various different directions suddenly they noticed a small settlement with a few huts, one often comes across these suddenly.......they decided to get help from there....just as they were approaching it , it began to rain heavily and they ran towards the first hut and tried the door.It was open so they walked in and found no one there. But there were signs of life, there was a fire burning on one side in a grate, the kind one sees in villages.....they waited for some time and apparently all of them fell asleep on the floor out of sheer exhaustion...when they woke up they found it was already dark but the rain had stopped, and they went out and found a couple of people moving about in the distance .....went to them and since it was dark they could hardly make them out....aked for direction and one of them nodded and came with them ,it seems he walked without the help of any light,but these people inspite of carrying torches were unable to keep pace with him....and when they came near to the place where they had parked the jeep he had already gone.....
later they recounted this incident to a forest officer friend of theirs and he was astonished to hear this, since they know every inch of the forest....according to him the little settlement that was there had been burnt down a couple of years ago.....

Reeth, that was a fascinating tale! Wonder what the Brigadier's reaction was when he was told that no such hut existed anymore in those woods. rolleyes.gif

One thing's 4 sure, he must have been glad that he didn't know this while he was enjoying the hospitality of the spooks! tongue1.gif

Noorie
Reeth
You know we wer discussing this from every angle possible, and he is still not sure what to believe in....
He still feels that there is some other explaination, and he was not able to pursue the matter those days as he was called away.......it was some time during the indo china war...

noorie
I too agree that there has 2 be some other convincing explanation 4 what happened that night.

Perhaps it was a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, and sumone ingeniously came up with the ghost story 2 cover up the real happenings.

Whatever, it still makes 4 a brilliant after dinner story. rolleyes.gif

Noorie
haneef
QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 26 2007, 06:43 PM) *

I too agree that there has 2 be some other convincing explanation 4 what happened that night.

Perhaps it was a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, and sumone ingeniously came up with the ghost story 2 cover up the real happenings.

Noorie

Reeth could it be possible that they (tribesmen) had relocated in this new place & did not lit up the place.
Fearing they would be found out again & removed forcefully from their houses/huts.
People can adapt seeing in the dark, I for sure need total darkness in the bedroom before I hit the bed for sleep.

Haneef
haneef

NASIR.

Nasir Bhai, I have this friend who was studying for medicine & was very religious.
My last years visit to Hyd, all the other friends told me not to meet him becuz' he is said to be possessed by a 'Paak Jinn' & he simply hits/slaps others if you say something he doesn't agree with.
He didn't even recognize me, & I have'nt changed at all in appearance in the past 5 yrs we didnt meet.

Haneef
noorie
QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 27 2007, 02:15 AM) *

NASIR.

Nasir Bhai, I have this friend who was studying for medicine & was very religious.
My last years visit to Hyd, all the other friends told me not to meet him becuz' he is said to be possessed by a 'Paak Jinn' & he simply hits/slaps others if you say something he doesn't agree with.
He didn't even recognize me, & I have'nt changed at all in appearance in the past 5 yrs we didnt meet.

Haneef

It cud be all that studying..... rolleyes.gif

Being a med student is tough!

Noorie
haneef
QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 27 2007, 02:21 AM) *

NASIR.

Haneef

Noorie

tongue1.gif You mean to say all Docs. are crazy.

Haneef
noorie
QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 27 2007, 02:03 AM) *

Noorie

Reeth could it be possible that they (tribesmen) had relocated in this new place & did not lit up the place.
Fearing they would be found out again & removed forcefully from their houses/huts.
People can adapt seeing in the dark, I for sure need total darkness in the bedroom before I hit the bed for sleep.

Haneef

Like a cat, you mean? rolleyes.gif Cats are believed to be mysterious creatures, and are commonly associated with witchcraft. Especially black cats with golden eyes.

Has one ever crossed your path Haneef? rolleyes.gif

Noorie
noorie
QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 27 2007, 02:26 AM) *

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 27 2007, 02:21 AM) *

NASIR.

Haneef

Noorie

tongue1.gif You mean to say all Docs. are crazy.

Haneef

Not all, but the few I've met are certainly not as sane as they wud have liked me 2 believe. rolleyes.gif

Noorie
haneef
Like a cat, you mean? Cats are believed to be mysterious creatures, and are commonly associated with witchcraft. Especially black cats with golden eyes.

Has one ever crossed your path Haneef?

Noorie

You seem to know a great deal about Witch Craft. unsure.gif
So exactly when are you going to let your cat out of the bag. dry.gif

I guess I am unlucky for some people. sad.gif

Haneef
noorie
QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 27 2007, 03:33 AM) *

Like a cat, you mean? Cats are believed to be mysterious creatures, and are commonly associated with witchcraft. Especially black cats with golden eyes.

Has one ever crossed your path Haneef?

Noorie

You seem to know a great deal about Witch Craft. unsure.gif
So exactly when are you going to let your cat out of the bag. dry.gif

I guess I am unlucky for some people. sad.gif

Haneef

I will soon.

Not really. You just happen 2 think you are. rolleyes.gif

Noorie
Reeth

Noorie

Noorie

Haneef

Yes there could be some explaination to this.......... biggrin.gif but once we come to know the truth the element of mystery wd be lost.........so better to leave it as it is....what say? sunglasses2.gif
noorie
QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 27 2007, 02:44 PM) *

Noorie

Noorie

Haneef

Yes there could be some explaination to this.......... biggrin.gif but once we come to know the truth the element of mystery wd be lost.........so better to leave it as it is....what say? sunglasses2.gif

Let sleeping ghosts lie? rolleyes.gif

Whatever you say Reeth.

Noorie
nasir
QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 26 2007, 01:34 AM) *

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 25 2007, 08:25 PM) *

Haneef

NASIR.

That's the same as a poltergeist, right? huh.gif

Noorie

Jinnaat (Jinss) are different. As for "poltergeist" it normally means "Noisy Ghost."

NASIR.
noorie
How "different" Nasir? huh.gif

Noorie
haneef
My NaaniJaan used to say,
" If you ever see a Jinn do not read Surah-Jinn, People tend to believe that it scares the Jinn away, but they do not know that if you read that Surah, the Jinn becomes more powerful & might advance towards you ".

Haneef unsure.gif
nasir

NASIR.

Haneef

Possession of human beings by one or more Jinns, again, are common. In view of what you said above, let me relate a first-hand experience:

If you've read one of my previous postings, you'll remember I wrote about constructing of a second floor in the building we had got from the Maharani of Deewaas. So much later on, when all the rooms had been constructed they were given on leave and licence basis to various people.

Now, there was a muslim family of a Shia sect and among the family was my friend who happened to be a Sunni. (How this came to happen is another haunting story involving them). This family had a visitor who had come from Meerut. Once when I happened to be around, I saw this person, who was sitting on the floor, suddenly lifting off the floor in the sitting posture. This happened two or three times. Then we heard a gruff voice saying: :ASSALAAM ALAYKUM, and then commanding SURAH MOHAMMED PA.DHO," i.e. read the Quranic chapter called Muhammad (s). This voice was emanating from the Meerut guy.
The head of the household fortunately happened to be there. He was a learned Maulana (he was also the Arabic teacher of the yesteryear's film star SHAKEELA). The learned Maulana began his recitation. After he had finished reading the chapter, the voice then said that the visitor should not travel back to Meerut by the morning (or evening I don't remember) train. That is, it wanted the visitor to switch to some particular time of the day when choosing the train.

After this some people asked for certain results as to what was going to happen, e.g. if someone would pass their exams, etc. I remember there was one particular women who had also dropped in to ask some question. She was driven off in a very rude manner by the possessed person. (It appeared that she had been in the state of impurity).

All the above happened before my eyes.

Being curious, after a day or so, I sought the Meerut visitor when he was in a normal state. I asked him about the possession of his. He narrated to me that he is a very good QAARI (who recites the Quran in a systematic sweet rendition). The Jinn happened to like his reading and possessed him. He also told me that in the beginning it was very difficult to bear this burden and that he used to cry a lot shedding lots of tears which seemed very abundant for a normal human being. He told me that usually his house in Meerut is visited by many people on Thursdays when the Jinn speaks through him. I then wished him all the best and after some days he went back to his native city Meerut.

NASIR.
haneef
Nasir Bhai,
I had this college senior staying next to my room during my college days, Once he told everybody that the house he lives in Hyd. is possessed by Jinns.
He said that whenever they would put some stuff in a place, it would be moved to a diff. place in the house (the next instant), he also revealed that they had finally come to peace with the Jinns in that house, & they don't bother them anymore.
According to him Jinns are made of Fire, while we humans are made of Sand, Water & Fire (The anger in us is supposed to be fire), & these Jinns are scared of our Anger.

Haneef
nasir
QUOTE(haneef @ Apr 27 2007, 09:12 PM) *

Nasir Bhai,
I had this college senior staying next to my room during my college days, Once he told everybody that the house he lives in Hyd. is possessed by Jinns.
He said that whenever they would put some stuff in a place, it would be moved to a diff. place in the house (the next instant), he also revealed that they had finally come to peace with the Jinns in that house, & they don't bother them anymore.
According to him Jinns are made of Fire, while we humans are made of Sand, Water & Fire (The anger in us is supposed to be fire), & these Jinns are scared of our Anger.

Haneef

The creation of Jinn is mentioned in the Holy Quran as being from a smokeless fire. In fact, Iblis was not an angel but of the Jinn. There is a huge islamic literature on the Jinns. Many ahadith too. The THRONE VERSE (AAYATUL KURSI) from Surah Baqra is very effective against the Jinns. Once upon a time I had a mind to write a booklet on the Jinn in English since most of such books are in Arabic and Urdu and then we had no internet facility. I dropped the idea later on.

How did that family come to peace with the Jinns?

NASIR.
noorie
Some paranormal phenomena captured in pixs. rolleyes.gif
Or trick photography?
huh.gif

Click to view attachment
An 'orb' and a dog biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
A ghostly 'face' caught on film

Click to view attachment
Outside an abandoned mental hospital

Click to view attachment
An 'orb' caught in a hallway

Click to view attachment
Spooks walking down a corridor wacko.gif

Noorie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.