Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is Number One Of Top Five?
Hamara Forums > Films > Bollywood
Pages: 1, 2, 3
IDOL
Hi Friends,

We are trying to figure out the most famous among top five actors of bollywood. This survey coveres superstars from day one of bollywood times. The order here, i think , shows that Delip was more famous than Amitabh. If you agree Delip Kumar will have more votes, but if you disagree someone else will have more votes. the order shows the most famous to less famous since beginning of bollywood. however, all five are golden names of bollywood and if you do not agree write your comment.

Ps. Reason? i argued with someone that Amitabh is the number one in top five list, he said Delip Kumar, So we leave it to Indians to decide.

august
Khobi,

i have voted for Raj Kapoor.

in my opinion, he was the first real superstar.
although the term superstar was first used for Rajesh Khanna.
IDOL
QUOTE(august @ Feb 23 2007, 01:36 PM) *
Khobi,

i have voted for Raj Kapoor.

in my opinion, he was the first real superstar.
although the term superstar was first used for Rajesh Khanna.

That's interesting.........i haven't seen many of his movies...only that one "dost dost na raha"....that's it

--------

ayoooo, so far Delip kumar is in running blink.gif

harihar
QUOTE(IDOL @ Feb 23 2007, 01:27 AM) *

Hi Friends,

We are trying to figure out the most famous among top five actors of bollywood. This survey coveres superstars from day one of bollywood times. The order here, i think , shows that Delip was more famous than Amitabh. If you agree Delip Kumar will have more votes, but if you disagree someone else will have more votes. the order shows the most famous to less famous since beginning of bollywood. however, all five are golden names of bollywood and if you do not agree write your comment.

Ps. Reason? i argued with someone that Amitabh is the number one in top five list, he said Delip Kumar, So we leave it to Indians to decide.

Sorry to be a pain but slight correction if you don't mind, Dilip Kumar and Rajesh Khanna aka Kaka

By BBC deed poll AB ranked top throughout the world as far as superstar status is concerned ONLY one individual got the accolade for this and that is Rajesh Khanna so how does one vote? sad.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(harihar @ Feb 23 2007, 02:01 PM) *
QUOTE(IDOL @ Feb 23 2007, 01:27 AM) *

Hi Friends,

Sorry to be a pain but slight correction if you don't mind, Dilip Kumar and Rajesh Khanna aka Kaka

By BBC deed poll AB ranked top throughout the world as far as superstar status is concerned ONLY one individual got the accolade for this and that is Rajesh Khanna so how does one vote? sad.gif

ayoooo, i dun know that...........but what do you say about, among those top five...who stands at the top..........i believe Amitabh is the only one who stays at the top...

august
Its because Amitabh is still working and very much in news but in totality, i think Raj Kapoor leaves much more impact. a true motion picture maker.

he was a successful producr, director, actor, musician.
He is rightfully called as Showman of the Millennium.

Mirch Masala
QUOTE(august @ Feb 24 2007, 08:54 AM) *

Its because Amitabh is still working and very much in news but in totality, i think Raj Kapoor leaves much more impact. a true motion picture maker.

August, the poll is about who is the most famous actor, not producer, director, musician etc etc etc.

Harihar bhai, you are not a pain, not for me anyway. I find it annoying that people cannot even spell the names of prominent personalities like Dilip Kumar and Rajesh Khanna.

IDOL, "Dost dost na raha" is not the name of a movie but a famous song from Raj Kapoor's Sangam. Also if you are going to leave it to "Indians" to decide, why are you poking your "Afghanistani" nose in this business?

MM
desai2rn
QUOTE(august @ Feb 24 2007, 03:24 AM) *

My vote goes to Raj Kapoor for similar resoning as August's . I also think he did not get enough credit
as an actor.
preet
if you had asked me who the odd man out was... it would have been Shahrukh comon khobz!!! in saare naamon ke saath Sharukh doesnt go!!! likhna hai to Sanjeev kumar likho!!!! he would give them all run for their money you know tongue1.gif

as far as my vote goes well!!!! do i need to say tongue1.gif Amitabhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! wub.gif

jassi
dunno why Dev Anand,Dharamendra,Anil Kapoor & Aamir Khan are not in list...
media always believed Rajesh Khanna was superstar..he was..but why they dont consider Dharmendra not a superstar..Rajesh's career was on right path from 1969 to 1974..after that so many flops..and amitabh took over the place...but Dharmendra was always there and was giving hits after hits...
i know this poll is not abt stardom..Raj Kapoor was great filmmaker first,secondly a grt actor..
Dalip Kumar was grt actor..my votes for him
Amitabh Bacchan-A grt actor,but overhyped by media
Rajesh Khanna-gave grt performances..but not my fav..

Shahrukh Khan-Minus Yashraj n Zohar films from his career..you will get what i wanna say..overhyped star..he was always hammer,overrated n overacted actor..i liked him in devdas,veer jaara,swades,paheli...he sucks in Kal Ho Na Ho,DDLJ,KKHH,Don etc..First he was tryin to be in Dalip Kumar shoes,now in amitabh's shoes...Aamir and Salmaan never ever required a big banner to for hits..but srk was always depends upon yashraj n johars...aamir and salmaan never entered in srk's camps...but see srk entered in their camps and did Devdas,Swades,Don,Josh etc..When aamir did yashraj's fanna..he had probs with yashrajs...he could not bear hrithik's sucess...he should stick to his romantic flicks..coz diffrent things is not somethin grt with him..like faliure of Swades n Paheli...a highly overhyped so called grt superstar of the country
NATURE
QUOTE(IDOL @ Feb 23 2007, 02:27 AM) *

Hi Friends,
We are trying to figure out the most famous among top five actors of bollywood.

khobi jaan, u never know. 99% chance-> people will vote for their fav star,
they won't think of fame and popularity. except shahruk, all are prolific actors but if u talk about
media created popularity or hype then it's shahrukh. he is a star now by the grace of chopra and
johars. you put aamir, anil kapoor, akshay kumar and many stars in the list, they deserve much more.
see how saif improved himself. parineeta, omkara and all. shahrukh is all the same.

now about amitabh, i feel this man is very very special. i listened to his song "rozana" from nishabd
who else from the actors did such job ?
and i think amitabh is not just amitabh, he is much more. to me amitabh any day.
u didn't ask to vote the best actor in india or something so fame must lead here, therefore big b.
he was ranked among top 100 greatest actors of all time ( globally ), so that defines his fame.
though i am not a die hard fan of any but i like everyone who is good in their profession.

QUOTE(preet @ Feb 24 2007, 12:23 PM) *

if you had asked me who the odd man out was... it would have been Shahrukh comon khobz!!! in saare
naamon ke saath Sharukh doesnt go!!! likhna hai to Sanjeev kumar likho!!!! he would give them all run for
their money you know tongue1.gif

as far as my vote goes well!!!! do i need to say tongue1.gif Amitabhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! wub.gif

aaj pehli baar kisi ladki ne hume impress kiyaa.
1. aapne shahrukh ke baaremein jo kahaa, sach kahaa
2. sanjev kumar ke baaremein kehke hume impress kar diyaa. good !!! clap1.gif
sanjeev kumar is a perfect actor.

QUOTE(jassi @ Feb 24 2007, 12:51 PM) *

he could not bear hrithik's sucess...he should stick to his romantic flicks..coz diffrent things is not somethin
grt with him..like faliure of Swades n Paheli...a highly overhyped so called grt superstar of the country

who couldn't bear hritik's success ? aamir or shahrukh ?

aamir was offered swades, darr. recently yash offered him a movie, but aamir wanted some change
so he didn't continue. aamir doesn't need yash, johar to be in the limelight. i think u r right about
salman too. though i don't like his acting but he was never hyped by chopra and johar community.

about shahrukh's acting, i don't want to say: i just liked his swades, if i imagine aamir
in swades(ashutosh was waiting for aamir for more than 1 year), i find it a much better movie.
wherever he did romantic roles, crying and sacrifying. he did bore me. overacting and overacting.

btw, jassi saheb, big b was never hyped. he got everything he deserved. shahrukh got what he didn't
deserve. so that's hyped. tongue1.gif

latest news: yash released a dvd, all his movies with shahrukh. title is "shahrukh, the legend" ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
in another album starring himesh reshamiya and javed akhtar: title is "when two legends meet" ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
don't u think every indian is a legend ??? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Reeth
DILIP KUMAR..........for obvious reasons......he was/is the best..
noorie
QUOTE(Reeth @ Feb 24 2007, 03:43 PM) *

DILIP KUMAR..........for obvious reasons......he was/is the best.

AB fans wud b unhappy with that.
Reeth
QUOTE(noorie @ Feb 24 2007, 03:50 PM) *

biggrin.gif I am a fan of AB ..... biggrin.gif
august
If Shahrukh is over-hyped star, then so is Amitabh.

i like Amitabh's acting and he does very good job.

Jassi said that Dharmendra is not considered as superstar.
but Dharmendra was so hugely popular in his days. he did not need any labels.
there were many reasons for media not calling him a superstar.
he had many fights with media over the years for invading his privacy and many things.

imho, Sanjeev Kumar was superb actor but he was simply an actor.
he got good films and good directors and he made most of it.
but he could never be a superstar.

noorie
QUOTE(Reeth @ Feb 24 2007, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(noorie @ Feb 24 2007, 03:50 PM) *

biggrin.gif I am a fan of AB ..... biggrin.gif

A slice of bread buttered both side turns out to be xtra-yummy. biggrin.gif
masoomkamal
Dilip Kumar and who else???
myawan
If only and only acting is the criteria........then ask from your within, the answer will be 'Dilip Kumar' for anybody. But the criterion must be only Acting.

Jassi's comments are worthy.
IDOL
QUOTE(Mirch Masala @ Feb 23 2007, 05:03 PM) *

August, the poll is about who is the most famous actor, not producer, director, musician etc etc etc.

Harihar bhai, you are not a pain, not for me anyway. I find it annoying that people cannot even spell the names of prominent personalities like Dilip Kumar and Rajesh Khanna.

IDOL, "Dost dost na raha" is not the name of a movie but a famous song from Raj Kapoor's Sangam. Also if you are going to leave it to "Indians" to decide, why are you poking your "Afghanistani" nose in this business?

MM

Ayooo , you are miserablly rude ...nice to meet you mr./miss extremly RUDE......anyways..........let me tell you....or in another words teach you!

FIRST: you gotta make a personal film industry....and get your own son/daughter/brother/sister to work...a film limited to INDIA....and do not even send his/her movies overseas....so that no body "poke" their Afghanistani/Pakistani/Bangladishi/african...etc "nose" here.....{ by the way , this DELIP KUMAR (pain for u, i won't spell it with "i") is originally from Peshawar, Peshawar is a part of Afghanistan, and in real, he's Yousuf Khan }.........Were i YOU , i would have been very proud to see others,foreigners, are interested in my culture/tradition/music/movie...etc...and would not act NARROW MINDEDLY.......POOR YOU!

Second: what you call "spell" is English.......it has nothin to do with Hindi,Farsi ,or any other language's names......Do you know that everyone spell non-english words differently?.....like word Main is Mein in lyrics....go and kill them, or if u can't, kill yourself...caoz in your case, HIndi seems to be grandson of English!

last thing, learn something called "social manner" have you heard of? i guess not!

IDOL
QUOTE(preet @ Feb 23 2007, 10:53 PM) *
if you had asked me who the odd man out was... it would have been Shahrukh comon khobz!!! in saare naamon ke saath Sharukh doesnt go!!! likhna hai to Sanjeev kumar likho!!!! he would give them all run for their money you know tongue1.gif

Yesssss, i myself voted for Amitabhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

ayooo, about Shahrukh.......i didn't choose him even though i do like him after Big B wink.gif .....over all, out side of India.....people know these people the most.......that's why i left the decision for those inside of India......it's exciting to know who's Emperor wink.gif

IDOL
QUOTE(jassi @ Feb 23 2007, 11:21 PM) *
media always believed Rajesh Khanna was superstar..he was..but why they dont consider Dharmendra not a superstar..Rajesh's career was on right path from 1969 to 1974..after that so many flops..and amitabh took over the place...but Dharmendra was always there and was giving hits after hits...
i know this poll is not abt stardom..Raj Kapoor was great filmmaker first,secondly a grt actor..

Shahrukh Khan-Minus Yashraj n Zohar films from his career..you will get what i wanna say..overhyped star..he was always hammer,overrated n overacted actor..i liked him in devdas,veer jaara,swades,paheli...he sucks in Kal Ho Na Ho,DDLJ,KKHH,Don etc..First he was tryin to be in Dalip Kumar shoes,now in amitabh's shoes...Aamir and Salmaan never ever required a big banner to for hits..but srk was always depends upon yashraj n johars...aamir and salmaan never entered in srk's camps...but see srk entered in their camps and did Devdas,Swades,Don,Josh etc..When aamir did yashraj's fanna..he had probs with yashrajs...he could not bear hrithik's sucess...he should stick to his romantic flicks..coz diffrent things is not somethin grt with him..like faliure of Swades n Paheli...a highly overhyped so called grt superstar of the country

I agree with everything you said here............poll i made here is as result of a conversation with my Pakistani and Indian friends at the University.....some of them are born Canadian, so they have less information...i told them i will make it easy by posting this poll tongue1.gif

I don't know why, but out side India....when it comes to bollywood....everyone knows Shahrukh Khan.....i don't know is it beacause he's very active in stage shows?.....or he's really famous ( i am his fan, kind of , but mostly i prefere Amitahb movies over Shahrukh movies).....i have an Iranian friend, she carries Shahrukh Khan's photo in her purse rolleyes.gif .......and kisses when we try to tease her by making jokes laugh.gif ........guess what, i also believe that Ajay is as good as Shahrukh....but he does not appear on public...so people harldy rememer him.....i guess same thing with other heros that you named here.....for instance , i was dyin to see Amir Khan in 2007 award...he wasn't there.....

august
Khobi !!!! smile1.gif

you spoke like real Pathaan!! (assuming that Dilip saab is Pathan from Peshawar. smile.gif)

IDOL
QUOTE(NATURE @ Feb 24 2007, 03:11 AM) *
QUOTE(IDOL @ Feb 23 2007, 02:27 AM) *

Hi Friends,
We are trying to figure out the most famous among top five actors of bollywood.

khobi jaan, u never know. 99% chance-> people will vote for their fav star,
they won't think of fame and popularity. except shahruk, all are prolific actors but if u talk about
media created popularity or hype then it's shahrukh. he is a star now by the grace of chopra and
johars. you put aamir, anil kapoor, akshay kumar and many stars in the list, they deserve much more.
see how saif improved himself. parineeta, omkara and all. shahrukh is all the same

now about amitabh, i feel this man is very very special. i listened to his song "rozana" from nishabd
who else from the actors did such job ?
and i think amitabh is not just amitabh, he is much more. to me amitabh any day.
u didn't ask to vote the best actor in india or something so fame must lead here, therefore big b.
he was ranked among top 100 greatest actors of all time ( globally ), so that defines his fame.
though i am not a die hard fan of any but i like everyone who is good in their profession.

- I guess your so right that all will vote for their fav., atleast i did tongue1.gif , Amitabhhh

- Ayoo, about other stars, i have to creat a very long list...caoz guess what...i need to include Boman Irani and Raj Pal Yadav...Om Parkash & Mehmood..oh i love these ones....see in that case even poll may not bardasht my list laugh.gif

-Amitabh.....indeed....is very special.....i like him very much

IDOL
QUOTE(Reeth @ Feb 24 2007, 03:13 AM) *
DILIP KUMAR..........for obvious reasons......he was/is the best..

you are so right....he's in running so far..... wub.gif

IDOL
QUOTE(august @ Feb 24 2007, 04:00 AM) *

i like Amitabh's acting and he does very good job.

Jassi said that Dharmendra is not considered as superstar.
but Dharmendra was so hugely popular in his days. he did not need any labels.
there were many reasons for media not calling him a superstar.
he had many fights with media over the years for invading his privacy and many things.

imho, Sanjeev Kumar was superb actor but he was simply an actor.
he got good films and good directors and he made most of it.
but he could never be a superstar.

You know i love his acting very much........did you notice direction of his eyes when he talks?....his voice....., times, when he thinks....it's so good.....so good..........i just love him.......is he around now?????

IDOL
QUOTE(jassi @ Feb 23 2007, 11:21 PM) *

Oops, Did you know there's a serial killer around with the "spell" gun? ( Lovely Jassi , it's not addressed to you, just trying to be pain for someone here laugh.gif )

myawan
I find it annoying that people cannot even spell the names of prominent personalities like Dilip Kumar and Rajesh Khanna.

Spelling of the names..... aor woh bhi Hindi????? wacko.gif

Have the basics of the English grammar changed??? Kab??? laugh.gif
myawan
Also if you are going to leave it to "Indians" to decide, why are you poking your "Afghanistani" nose in this business?

Racial discrimination is a curse! Don't you know Mr. MirchMasala? If you don't have anything good to say then its better to stay quiet.
IDOL
QUOTE(myawan @ Feb 24 2007, 12:42 PM) *
I find it annoying that people cannot even spell the names of prominent personalities like Dilip Kumar and Rajesh Khanna.

Spelling of the names..... aor woh bhi Hindi????? wacko.gif

Have the basics of the English grammar changed??? Kab??? laugh.gif

I want him to be a suicide bomber.....and kill himself for this mission..... laugh.gif ....here, he only suffers spelling...i would like to give him more pain by introducing him to different pronunciation of Bollywood actors name in different part of the world.......telling you, there are people who can't correctly pronounce some names..of course, fans out side of India.....in Kabul people love Hema's beauty, but they could never pronounce her name correctly.....she's always the beautiful Maamlani or Mamalaani laugh.gif ...interestingly enough, some relative of mine give her title of "God made her in his free time"......the other actor that Afghanistan likes/used like him, but can't pronounce his name is Metun.........he's known with his song "i'm a disco dancer"....the cool guy.....but his name is pronounced Mataan.... laugh.gif .....oh dear boy, don't you ever step there,or you will commit suicide laugh.gif (He might already be cursing at AFGHANISTAN & remember cursing at Afghanistan is cursing at half of bollywood--khans, and others ) laugh.gif

Mirch Masala
I have made an urgent request to Admin, not to put my posts in moderation (as they are doing for all newbies) to enable me to respond immediately and fully to this unwarranted , vicious personal attack on me by IDOL with the support of Mohammed Yusuf Awan and August.

I am waiting anxiously to hear from Admin.

MM
IDOL
QUOTE(Mirch Masala @ Feb 25 2007, 06:17 AM) *
I have made an urgent request to Admin, not to put my posts in moderation (as they are doing for all newbies) to enable me to respond immediately and fully to this unwarranted , vicious personal attack on me by IDOL with the support of Mohammed Yusuf Awan and August.

I am waiting anxiously to hear from Admin.

MM

hey MURCH Masala.....nice to see u , ur back here....opps did i misspelled your name...sorry, we AFGHANS pronounce this word "mirch" as "murch"... laugh.gif

NATURE
QUOTE(august @ Feb 24 2007, 05:30 PM) *

depend kartaa hai, au jee. aap kise hype kehte hai, aur kise nahi.
u said amitabh bachchan is a good actor. so all i meant is what is he now today is just a result of
that only. a good actor at the peak is expected. can u say the same about shahrukh ? perhaps not.

for every successful actor, there are 2 possible outcomes.
1. they are very talented
2. they have people around who prefer them and help them reach the peak.

for sanjeev kumar, it was only no.1, no.2 didn't really work for him. so he was an actor and not a star
( though he was a true star but commercially he wasn't )

for amitabh bachchan, it was both. when you have it in you, you have people who prefer you.
that's no longer a hype. you deserve it. that's it. so he is actor as well as star

now when you don't have it, but some people always prefer u, u get the applaud that u don't deserve.
that's called a hype. shahrukh khan is a perfect example of hoopla. he is a star and not an actor.

now if you say "media writes about ash-abhishek marriage", "amitabh accident while shooting" is a hype
then it's okay. these kind of hypes are not going to help you in building yr career. these are just publicity
cause media needs readers, they know celebrity news is a better option. hype helps u getting something
that u really are not fit for. and amitabh is 100% fit. tongue1.gif

QUOTE(myawan @ Feb 25 2007, 12:41 AM) *

If only and only acting is the criteria........then ask from your within, the answer will be 'Dilip Kumar' for
anybody. But the criterion must be only Acting..

i request you to ask from yr within if delip is really the best. tongue1.gif
pataa nahi, mujhe to itnaa achchhaa nahi lagtaa. ofcourse he is good but many a times his typical
dramatic(or perhaps too dramatic sometimes) dialogue delivery shows that he is there to create a
difference between what is natural and what is cinematic. who so ? i don't like that,

moreover, he is very good but to me delip is a super extension of shahrukh. shahukh to hume bore
lagtaa hai. to ek limit ke baad delip bhi hume bore hee lagtaa hai. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(IDOL @ Feb 25 2007, 01:17 AM) *

Ayooo , you are miserablly rude ...nice to meet you mr./miss extremly RUDE......anyways..........let me tell
you....or in another words teach you!
last thing, learn something called "social manner" have you heard of? i guess not!

kya jhakas reply hai. clap1.gif clap2.gif
par tension nahi lene kaa. tension dene kaa. laugh.gif hum hai naa aapke saath.
i am not against u in this matter and i can't be. cause whenever i go to afganistan,
i will contact u no ? so better support u .... biggrin.gif

QUOTE(IDOL @ Feb 25 2007, 01:36 AM) *

i also believe that Ajay is as good as Shahrukh....but he does not appear on public...so people harldy
rememer him.....i guess same thing with other heros that you named here.....for instance , i was dyin to see
Amir Khan in 2007 award...he wasn't there.....

khobi jaan, please ... ajay is not as good as shahrukh. he is far better than shahrukh.
really there's no comparison. tongue1.gif

about popularity, yes shahukh is more popular. aamir, ajay don't go to award ceremony, stage shows
and all. people prefer them who try to entertain them more than who do good works.

QUOTE(IDOL @ Feb 25 2007, 07:32 AM) *

Maamlani or Mamalaani[/i] laugh.gif ...

i love it. wub.gif i love it when u write delip. it's so cute. maamlaani is also cute.
do they pronounce "bachan" instead of "bachchan" ???
preet
QUOTE(IDOL @ Feb 25 2007, 12:17 AM) *
QUOTE(Mirch Masala @ Feb 23 2007, 05:03 PM) *

MM

Ayooo , you are miserablly rude ...nice to meet you mr./miss extremly RUDE......anyways..........let me tell you....or in another words teach you!

FIRST: you gotta make a personal film industry....and get your own son/daughter/brother/sister to work...a film limited to INDIA....and do not even send his/her movies overseas....so that no body "poke" their Afghanistani/Pakistani/Bangladishi/african...etc "nose" here.....{ by the way , this DELIP KUMAR (pain for u, i won't spell it with "i") is originally from Peshawar, Peshawar is a part of Afghanistan, and in real, he's Yousuf Khan }.........Were i YOU , i would have been very proud to see others,foreigners, are interested in my culture/tradition/music/movie...etc...and would not act NARROW MINDEDLY.......POOR YOU!

Second: what you call "spell" is English.......it has nothin to do with Hindi,Farsi ,or any other language's names......Do you know that everyone spell non-english words differently?.....like word Main is Mein in lyrics....go and kill them, or if u can't, kill yourself...caoz in your case, HIndi seems to be grandson of English!

bravoooooooooooooooooooo!!!! clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif
jassi
i have nothin against amitabh..i always liked him...but i dont like media givin too much attention to one star..today see how is rajesh khanna(nobody talk abt him)..infact i never liked rajesh khanna..but i feel sorry for him..and why only actors,media give much attention to happening actresses like hema,rekha,shabana but what abt reena roy..
as abt spell mistakes,its coz of the place u belong..right spells is dilip kumar,but in punjab he is called dalip...so some might be calling him delip or what...
AzgarKhan
Sanjeev Kumar is way better than Amitabh Bachan, in acting.
Dilip stands NUMERO UNO though.

Watch his performance in Kranti here:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=339621

and NO votes for Shahrukh LOL, he deserves that. He can only lure young girls saying "I love you all" and "Main hoon na" lol.

Raj Kapoor was okay in acting, he was in very diversified (acting/direction/production) etc,. No doubt he has given us great musical hits, but acting? Thats a million dollar question.

I see Balraj Sahni's name not mentioned, I rate him 2nd after Dilip Kumar.
My top 5 would be:
1) Dilip Kumar
2) Balraj Sahni
3) Sanjeev Kumar
4) Utpal Dutt
5) Amitabh Bachan

I will end the list here coz the rest are glamour icons.

Khobi, well said! Its none of your faults. Indian movie has grown all over the world and it reaches millions across Europe and North America.
If writing Yousuf as Yusuf wont change the person why would someone make a big deal out of it.
jassi
mmm...raj kapoor was very much inspired from charlie chaplin..i can see that in sangam and mera naam joker..he was good in anari and teesri kasam(as an actor,both were not his directions)..in his directions nargis acted so well..that i never felt like raj is not good as an actor,coz nargis's persona made me feel that both act well..same thing go for srk-kajol pair...kajol act so well,so does not matter if srk is hamming..
one can get recent example..like srk host filmfare in such a bad manner,but when juhi appeared on stage..she stole the show....

well abt rk..as i said earlier raj kapoor was grt filmmaker first,second a good actor
desai2rn
QUOTE(jassi @ Feb 26 2007, 06:44 PM) *

mmm...raj kapoor was very much inspired from charlie chaplin..i can see that in sangam and mera naam joker..he was good in anari and teesri kasam(as an actor,both were not his directions)..in his directions nargis acted so well..that i never felt like raj is not good as an actor,coz nargis's persona made me feel that both act well..same thing go for srk-kajol pair...kajol act so well,so does not matter if srk is hamming..
one can get recent example..like srk host filmfare in such a bad manner,but when juhi appeared on stage..she stole the show....

well abt rk..as i said earlier raj kapoor was grt filmmaker first,second a good actor

May be Raj Kapoor's acting talent gets overshadowed by his huge image as a great produce/director
amongst other things. Neverthe less he was a great actor who was very natural. He would have stood as
one of the best even without his contribution to other fields of movie making. Just watch movies like

Aah, Awaara, Shree 420, Anadi, Ashiq (B/W), Nazrana, Jagte Raho, Joker, Tesri Kasam to name
few of his movies.
IDOL
hey Murch Beta...............So you are Bhirgu.........means i am fighting with an old friend who used to send me PMs while i was doing The Khobi Show...having singnature of Anil......why people act differently under different nick? unsure.gif .....now i almost can't fight with you caoz i know you as long as you remain Bhirgu rolleyes.gif .....but if u again ACT like Murch Masla, u know me....KHOBI kaha choop beith sakti hain, Jaaniiiiiii laugh.gif

noorie
Rajkumar doesn't seem 2 b in the reckonin. An overlapse ? Even today, this actor has a sizable fan following.

At one time Indian ppl & critics used 2 say he even outacted the thespian. That was possibly one reason they never worked 2gether after Paigham at the height of their careers.
It took Subhash Ghai's Saudagar 2 persuade the two actors 2 share screen space which happened only in the early 90's.

Noorie
myawan
Anil! Whatever it was...... If I knew that it was you behind this MM, then definitely my response would have been different. I thought you to be one of those newbies that come and try to disrupt the environment and leave in a flash. I am not replying to you in that tone as you've done by writing my name in the bold, coz I think we had some good time in the past. Whatever you say about me in the public, you are allowed to, I promise I won't reply. But certainly the way you've responded, keeping in view our previous relationship, is a big let down for me. Mujhe to pata nahin tha ke MM infact Anil hai, lekin aap ko to khoob pata tha.

And if you want to fight with me, then you'll be disappointed coz it'll be a one way game.....me on the receiving side. I dont come to HF for playing politics or fighting.

And about that racial discrimination thing......I don't take anybody's side and you know it, but the thing is that I hate racial discrimination in any form.

Khush raho!
august
Noorie,

i had completely forgotten about Rajkumar!! sad1.gif sad1.gif

he was a talented actor with distinct style and persona. i liked him Paakizah, Waqt and Tiranga. tongue1.gif

what was that movie where he played a college professor? i don't remember its name. sad1.gif

Same could be said about Balraj Sahani. i haven't watched many of his films but from what i hear from my father, he ranks among the best.

Yesterday i watched Tarana and Dilip Kumar reminded me of Shahrukh Khan. biggrin.gif i know it should be other way round but i have seen Shahrukh"s work first.
YaarMere
Raj Kumar was Don! I liked the Nawab roles he played, that was sum he niche carved. A distant 2nd in that category was Ashok Kumar.

It is a shame, Dilip n Raj sud have made more films together. De Niro n Pacino made 1 (lets not count Godfather II coz its not like they share the screen) so at least we can be thankful to Bollywood 4 makin 2.
noorie
QUOTE(august @ Feb 26 2007, 11:33 PM) *

Noorie,

i had completely forgotten about Rajkumar!! sad1.gif sad1.gif

he was a talented actor with distinct style and persona. i liked him Paakizah, Waqt and Tiranga. tongue1.gif

what was that movie where he played a college professor? i don't remember its name. sad1.gif

It was Bulandi. Asha Parekh played his screen wife.
noorie
QUOTE(YaarMere @ Feb 26 2007, 11:34 PM) *

Raj Kumar was Don! I liked the Nawab roles he played, that was sum he niche carved. A distant 2nd in that category was Ashok Kumar.

It is a shame, Dilip n Raj sud have made more films together. De Niro n Pacino made 1 (lets not count Godfather II coz its not like they share the screen) so at least we can be thankful to Bollywood 4 makin 2.

They did make a great team.

Noorie
YaarMere
Which is the film RK locks that punk Govinda in a room he yells: " Tum muhje is kamre mein kab tak band rako gaye" to which RK replies: "Tameez se baat karo ladke, hum tum nahi hum app hein"? LOl that was class.
IDOL
to be honest....my list is very long in term of actors i like..........as i mentioned, this poll is as a result of a conversation with some good indian and pakistani friends , here, at University.......let me list my own choice...

1. Amitabh (in every type movie)
  2. Sanjeev Kumar ( in every movie he worked, i luv his eye direction when he talks)
  3. Rajish Khana (in his romantic movies, i love his eyes in romantic songs)
  4. Shashi Kapoor ( i like him as supporting actor with Amitabh)
  5. Reshi Kapoor ( in most of his old movie, including laila majnoon & A AK ANth)
  6. Kishor Kumar (as an actor in Padosan)
  7. Aamir Khan ( in all his patriatic movies)
  8. Shahrukh Khan ( in Devdas, KKHH, KKKG, Dilwale Dulhania Le jayenge, Darr)
  9. Salman Khan ( in any comedy role, i love him)
  10. Sanjay Dutt ( in any action as a DON and in comedy, i love him)
aren't they just cute? awww ,they are so sweet
...and i am starting to like Delip Kumar.....my problem is i haven't watched his movies...except Ram & sham once long ago.....

-----------

PS: to amitabh fans.....com'on we need more to vote laugh.gif

august
yes!! that was class!!

that reminds me of his film Tiranga with Nana Patekar.
noorie
QUOTE(august @ Feb 26 2007, 11:33 PM) *

Noorie,

Yesterday i watched Tarana and Dilip Kumar reminded me of Shahrukh Khan. biggrin.gif i know it should be other way round but i have seen Shahrukh"s work first.

Tarana has some lovely scores especially that Lata / Talat duet....Seene mein sulagte hain armaan picturised on the very young Madhubala and Dilip Kr.

Their sizzling chemistry literally lit up the screens.

Noorie
august
Khobi,

Aamir khan is more pupular for his romantic movies. unsure.gif

so was Rishi Kapoor.
YaarMere
QUOTE(august @ Feb 26 2007, 06:21 PM) *

Nana Patekar.

I dont watch these new Bollywood flicks, its not sumthin that I do but whenever I see that he is in a film, I sit down n watch his parts. I rate this guy. Him n Paresh Rawal... that guy is damn funny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.