Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Big B
Hamara Forums > Films > Bollywood
IDOL
Hi friends,

I was wondering if anyone could briefly tell me about Big Bachan's life........topics i would like you to cover are:
  • Number of flop movies before sholay/zanjeer.
  • was sholay the first, or zanjeer?
  • which movie was the door to success?
  • Rekha's chapter?
thank u all!

surhall
QUOTE(IDOL @ Jan 20 2007, 11:55 PM) *

Hi friends,

I was wondering if anyone could briefly tell me about Big Bachan's life........topics i would like you to cover are:

• Rekha's chapter?

thank u all!

pleas note as hero AB zero. but 2nd hreo with as hero ab own as hero on movie two movie is ok rest zero.
dhall
august
Hi friends,

• Rekha's chapter?

i don't know much about Amitab's career.

but i think he had 7 flop films before Zanjeer.
his debut was in film ' Saat Hindustani'.

Zanjeer was released before Sholay.
Zanjeer's role was offered to Dev Anand. he declined and then Prakash Mehra went to Raaj Kumar. there is a rumour that Raaj denied the role,saying that he didn't like the smell of hair oil that Mehra used.

Zanjeer was his first film as a potential hero. that is how started the age of 'angry young man'.

there are no concrete facts about Rekha's chapter. but i heard that Jaya Bachchan made Yash Chopra change the climax of film Silsila. in the end Amitabh returns to Jaya. smile.gif

unsure.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(august @ Jan 20 2007, 04:04 PM) *
Hi friends,

• Rekha's chapter?

i don't know much about Amitab's career.

but i think he had 7 flop films before Zanjeer.
his debut was in film ' Saat Hindustani'.

Zanjeer was released before Sholay.
Zanjeer's role was offered to Dev Anand. he declined and then Prakash Mehra went to Raaj Kumar. there is a rumour that Raaj denied the role,saying that he didn't like the smell of hair oil that Mehra used.

Zanjeer was his first film as a potential hero. that is how started the age of 'angry young man'.

there are no concrete facts about Rekha's chapter. but i heard that Jaya Bachchan made Yash Chopra change the climax of film Silsila. in the end Amitabh returns to Jaya. smile.gif

unsure.gif

Thanx august

now i had a question?
  • if zanjeer is the first.....how come he says Sholay was the door to his sucess and he owes Mr. Dharmendre for casting him in the movie?
  • I think Rekha has a chapter in his life....caoz he refused to work with her after Sisila..
shabbirkumar786
hiya dost,

amitabhs first clear solo hit as an actor was BOMBAY TO GOA '1972' directed by: MEHMOOD.

ZANJEER came a year later & was a super hit!

it was dharmendra along a few others that recommended amitabh fore zanjeer after his gust appearence in

guddi.

originally zanjeer was turned down by dharmendra, raaj kumar even dev anand.

as regards to rekha well wat can one say apart from that amitabh-rekha pairing was one the best in

bollywood history.

infact the original choice for silsila was smita patel & PARVEEN BABI- THEY WERE EVEN SIGNED UP!

only to be replaced by JAYA BHADHURI & REKHA respectively!

to be honest im not sure wat ur asking about rekha.

hope thius helps a little.

take care.

BASH.
IDOL
QUOTE(shabbirkumar786 @ Jan 23 2007, 05:57 AM) *
hiya dost,

amitabhs first clear solo hit as an actor was BOMBAY TO GOA '1972' directed by: MEHMOOD.

it was dharmendra along a few others that recommended amitabh fore zanjeer after his gust appearence in

guddi.

as regards to rekha well wat can one say apart from that amitabh-rekha pairing was one the best in

bollywood history.

infact the original choice for silsila was smita patel & PARVEEN BABI- THEY WERE EVEN SIGNED UP!

take care.

BASH.

thanks BASH

• If zanjeer is first.....and it was a hit movie....how come he was leaving Film Industry while Dharmendre stopped him by the train station....and asked him to join him in SHolay?
  • About Rekha.....it means there's not a solid proof of their luv relation......caoz so far none answered this question........but somehow, i've read/heard somewhere that after working in Sisila....Amitabh refused to work with Rekha in any movie..............that raises a question....if they were good couple, how come he refused working ?..........isn't this case similar to Akshay Kumar's?.......Akshay Kumar refused to work with Priyanka caoz of his wife.......and wife had suspected that there's somethin goin on there between Priyanka and Akshay.......i guess either Jaya suspected somethin, or Rekha had an aim....there should be somethin....
shabbirkumar786
QUOTE(IDOL @ Jan 24 2007, 12:41 AM) *

QUOTE(shabbirkumar786 @ Jan 23 2007, 05:57 AM) *
hiya dost,

guddi.

bollywood history.

take care.

BASH.

thanks BASH
  • If zanjeer is first.....and it was a hit movie....how come he was leaving Film Industry while Dharmendre stopped him by the train station....and asked him to join him in SHolay?
  • About Rekha.....it means there's not a solid proof of their luv relation......caoz so far none answered this question........but somehow, i've read/heard somewhere that after working in Sisila....Amitabh refused to work with Rekha in any movie..............that raises a question....if they were good couple, how come he refused working ?..........isn't this case similar to Akshay Kumar's?.......Akshay Kumar refused to work with Priyanka caoz of his wife.......and wife had suspected that there's somethin goin on there between Priyanka and Akshay.......i guess either Jaya suspected somethin, or Rekha had an aim....there should be somethin....

hiya,

hope ur well!

i ll clarify the whole situation for u & put u out of ur misery.

in the old days films used to take up to 5 years in the making sometimes!

there wasnt the technology & time deadlines of today.

the original choice for sholay was SHOTGUN for the jai role & also DANNY for the gabbar role!

DANNY turned sholay down & chose dharmatma directed by feroz khan instead!

while salim/javed & dharmendra convinces ramesh sippy AMITABH would be the better choice for sholay!

the rest is history ofcourse!

As regards to REKHA yes thats right amitabh vowed never to work with her again after silsila & kept his
]
word up until now which i think is such a shame to be honest!

althou she has dubbed in some of his movies eg, AAKHREE RAASTA (1986) & SURYAVANSHAM (1998).

The question about their AFFAIR is the worst kept secret ever!

If they didnt have an affair then WHY did amitabh stop working with all of a sudden?

In later years rekha has openingly admited they had an affair & were in love!

She even claims she loves him till now.

hope some of this helps.

take care.

BASH.
IDOL
Koffee with karan-shahrukh and amitabh // IPB Image QuickListIPB Image Play AllPlaying Alldocument.write(quicklist_count);0 videoif (quicklist_count>1) document.write('s'); IPB Image Play Next
IPB Image
IDOL
IPB Image

DON Scenes

click!

IDOL
Shahrukh says about DON and Amitab

click

IPB Image

IDOL
wikipedia:

His forthcoming releases include a supporting role in an international film titled Shantaram which is directed by Mira Nair and stars Hollywood actor Johnny Depp in the lead

--------------------------------------

Shantaram is an upcoming film based on the bestselling novel Shantaram written by Gregory David Roberts. It will star Johnny Depp in the lead and Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan in a supporting role.

Peter Weir was attached to direct and got far into pre-production before having creative differences of how the book should be adapted with producer/star Johnny Depp. The film will now be directed by Mira Nair [1]. The movie will be Co-Produced by Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt.

-------------------------

Shantaram is the story of an Australian convict nicknamed Lin. Sentenced to a long, harsh prison term after his personal life spirals out of control due to drug abuse, he escapes and makes his way to Mumbai (Bombay). Befriended by a memorable character named Prabhakar, by a twist of fate Lin ends up living in Prabhakar's slum. He meets a girl, Karla, who frequents a popular nightspot for foreigners in the city, and Lin becomes a regular there. Lin immerses himself in the colourful life of Mumbai and his friends from the slum, battling fires, monsoons and ultimately setting up a free medical clinic in an attempt to make up for past transgressions. He visits the native village of Prabhakar, coming in contact with the traditional, preliterate India. Eventually, Khader Khan, a Mumbai mafia chief takes Lin under his wing. In Lin's mind Khader takes on the role of the loving father that Lin never had as well as spiritual leader. Their association leads Lin from love to wretched prison life, freedom to gun running in Afghanistan. The realization of a betrayal by his loved ones ultimately leads him to inner salvation

IDOL

19th January 2007

Mira Nair to direct Shantaram
Mira Nair has been given the job to direct Johnny Depp in the movie release of Shantaram.

Mira Nair was born in India and currently based in New York. Some of her previous films include Mississippi Masala which starred Denzel Washington and The NameSake.

“It is a novel that completely grip me, as it did millions of others and it is a best selling novel but also Johnny Depp is such an extraordinary human being and great actor and he embodies so much what Shantaram is so when he asked me to direct him it was just a great honour,” said Mira Nair.

“Mira knows this book backwards, she has read it and discussed with great many people and she has a passion for this project which will bring something so exciting to it. And also she knows city of Bombay so well,” said author Gregory David.

http://www.shantaram-movie.com/

IDOL
Yaya and Hema against making of Sholay,

IPB Image
IDOL
Amitabh bachchan as Gabbar 3

IPB Image
IDOL
Except Amitabh himself, and Ajay Devgan....i cannot believe Ram Gopal's way of casting stars here....this movie is definately flop........unless Ajay and AMitabh do somethin for survival.....Jay is not gonna survive this time even though Jay was an openning door for Amitabh's success, this new guy is not experienced in bollywood.......Basanti is a kiddo, first, she is a big NO in terms of look....2ndly, she's also an inexperienced actress........I don't know what would Sushmita do, hope she'd be better ....comedy cast seems good , but oh boy, the rest seems scary....now i 2nd Hema and Jaya for rejecting the re-make!

--------------------

IPB ImageAjay Devgan... Veeru

IPB ImagePrashant Raj... Jai (Jaidev)

IPB ImageAmitabh Bachchan... Gabbar SinghIPB Image

Mohanlal... Thakur Baldev Singh (as Mohan Lal)IPB Image

Nisha Kothari... BasantiIPB Image

Sushmita Sen... RadhaIPB Image

Rajpal Yadav... Soorma Bhopali

IPB ImageBoman Irani... Angrez Jailer (rumored)

IPB ImageGaurav Kapoor... AhmedIPB Image

Urmila Matondkar... Dancing Seductress - 'Mehbooba Mehbooba'rest of cast listed alphabetically:IPB Image

Sushant Singh... Sambha

IDOL
Meet your new Jay

IPB Image

IDOL
Thakur blab.gif

IPB Image

IDOL
Jezz, Basanti ko dekho blink.gif

IPB Image

IDOL
your little Ahmad tongue1.gif

IPB Image

if i am right though unsure.gif

preet
give me a few days khobz!!! tongue1.gif ghar jaate hi poura article likh ke post karungi!!!! laugh.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(preet @ Feb 23 2007, 11:03 PM) *
give me a few days khobz!!! tongue1.gif ghar jaate hi poura article likh ke post karungi!!!! laugh.gif

yepp, my preetz, DO IT........you know i want Sanjay Leela Bhansaly to train directors for a while tongue1.gif .....caoz he knows what/how to make re-make.........i don't know why Don, Umroa Jaan, and THis sholay's Directors make re-make movies that are still can be found in many houses (even out side of India)...like i have many of Amitabh's DVDs..my cousin, Qeyam has more than me.........and Sholay is everywhere....and whoever is Amitabh's fan, they might have collection of his works................Now this Sanjay did a great job by making Devdas...caoz i didn't know there was B&W Devdas caoz i can't watch Black and White movies sad.gif (sound problem)....i wish i could meet with directors and request them that...if you wanna make a re-make...plz make re-make of B&W HIT movies....... sad.gif

IDOL
song is for amitabh? blab.gif

IPB Image
IDOL
any signal of amitabh?

IPB Image
IDOL
look at the camera angles not the performance
  • amitabh = rekha
  • abhishek=rani
oh boy, these cameramen are bad laugh.gif

IPB Image
IDOL
did amitabh think that Rani and Karishma are short? or media made it up look.gif

did he think that Rani did not deserve to be his bahu? sad.gif

IPB Image
IDOL
Saif had refused to work in Sholay as Jay

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.