Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaan - " in the march of his reputation "
Hamara Forums > Music > Singers > Shaan aka Shantanu
Arindam Saha

Hi ,

This is Arindam Saha " from Delhi . I need some interesting articles regarding his life history . Can anyone please send me in arindamsaha2004@yahoo.co.uk .

Regards ,

Arindam Saha
Nimii
Life history of Shaan??????????????????????//

N ohmy.gif

Here is something about Shaan

Shaan
user posted image
Shaan

Profession: Playback Singer, Bollywood.
Family: Wife

This long haired sensation made his appearance in the song 'Q - Funk' from the album 'Oorja'He burst into the pop scene with sis Sagarika, powered by pop-guru Biddu’s melodies and doing re-mixes. Shaan, the 'oh cho chweet' pop-star, has been wooing the audiences since he stepped into Indian Music industry. He launched 'Loveology' and gave everyone a well received lesson in the arts of lurrvee...

The track from his second album Tanha Dil, "Bhool Ja", which is an excellent ballad with superb lyrics written by the man himself! "Tanha Dil" catapulted to the charts within days of its release and was very popular on radio! "Dil Kya Kare," is a remix that caught everyone's eye thanks to its electrifying video and soothing melodies. "Mana Janab," is a fun and frolicky blast from the past that Shaan livens up with a latino groove. Induced with lots of emotional and groovy tracks, the album popped up the singer’s star rating, market value and of course ambitions.

He did a bit role in a Kalpana Lajmi film – Daman and the breakthrough happened not in the medium he started his career with, but in the mother of all commercial singing in India – Playback."Musu Musu" from the film Pyar Mein Kabhi Kabhi won him several offers from leading music directors like Anu Malik, A. R. Rahman while "Woh Pehli Baar" won the budding singer a lot of fans.Shaan took on an altogether different route when remixes became the order of the day. He remixed "Hum Bewafa" and the R D Burman "Roop Inka Mastana". After the success of Koi… Mil Gaya (where he sang In panchhiyon) Shaan got films like Zameen, Inteha and Sssshhh… lined up. “Film music, though, has its limitations – you have to sing the way the composer conceptualises. In an album you can experiment,” he says.

He’s excited about singing an item number with Asha Bhonsle in Bewafa. “She’s been my icon for ages. She has reinvented herself with the changing times,” he sums up.

Shaan loves to sing in English too. “Singing in Mumbai Matinee and Valentine’s Day gave me confidence. I have no training in classical music but I can pull off a semi-classical bandish,” says Shaan, who’s also planning to do fusion with alaaps on the chartbuster Koi kahe number (Dil Chahta Hai).

From an aspiring desk – top publisher to a pop singer Shaan surely has come a long way. He is currently host the show 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa' on Star Plus that hunts for young talent. Keen to pursue their solo careers at the moment, there ar
Awards And Honors:
Award Song- Movie
MTV Asia Awards 2000 'Tanha Dil'

source: http://www.hindilyrix.com/singers/singer-shaan.html

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.