Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is Ramadan?
Hamara Forums > General > Spirituality
zashakeel

Ramadan is derived from the Arabic root word ramida or ar-ramad denoting intense scorching heat and dryness, especially the ground. From the same root there is ramdaa, sunbaked sand, and the famous proverb: "Kal Mustajeer minar Ramadaa binnar" - to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. And in a hadith the Messenger of Allah (saas) said: "The prayer of repenters is due when the young camel can feel the sun's heat early in the morning." (Muslim)

Thus, the word Ramadan is so called to indicate the heating sensation in the stomach as a result of thirst). Others said it is so called because Ramadan scorches out the sins with good deeds, as the sun burns the ground. Some said it is so called because the hearts and souls are more readily receptive to the admonition and remembrance of Allah during Ramadan, as the sand and stones are receptive to the sun's heat. The framers of this beautiful language may have been inspired by Allah (SWT) in naming this month Ramadan. Otherwise, the relation between the heat and its properties is miraculously similar to that of Ramadan. While the heat represents the matter that helps shape, form, and mold virtually every matter - from metal and plastics, to plants and living cells - Ramadan undoubtedly helps a serious believer remold, reshape, reform, and renew his physical and spiritual disposition and behavior.

AzgarKhan
JazakAllah
aaryana afghan
thanks 4 such a nice introduction of RAMADAn.
zashakeel
QUOTE(aaryana afghan @ Sep 30 2006, 07:52 AM) *

thanks 4 such a nice introduction of RAMADAn.

The Purpose of Ramadan

The month of Ramadhan is not like any other month; its purpose is to rid man of those habits which he has accumulated throughout the rest of the year. It is a month that prepares man for the remaining eleven months by teaching him discipline and self control. Thus, Allah has made some acts which are beloved to man, like eating, drinking and fulfilling one's desires, Haraam. If man can control these desires in this month, which are usually permissible for him, then he can surely control himself from other desires which are not permissible throughout the remaining months.

This blessed month has been sent by Allah to His bondsmen so that can create a connection and draw closer to Allah by reaping the many rewards that lie in this month. A person who has been given the opportunity to be present in this month can take this as a sign that Allah Ta'ala has given him another opportunity to draw closer to Him and earn His paradise through worship in this month.

In this month we will be given many opportunities, as mentioned above to reform ourselves and seek forgiveness for our bad sins. This is a month of reformation and self reflection, where a believer can ponder of over spirituality and piety and bring a change for the better. The Prophet of Allah صلي الله عليه و سلم has clearly stated:

مَنْ لَمْ يَدَعْ قَوْلَ الزُّورِ وَالْعَمَلَ بِهِ فَلَيْسَ لِلَّهِ حَاجَةٌ فِي أَنْ يَدَعَ طَعَامَهُ وَشَرَابَهُ
"Whoever does not give up lying and evil actions, then Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink" [Saheeh al-Bukhari]
It is clear from this Hadeeth which has been narrated on the authority of Hadrhat Abu Huraira رضي الله عنه that Allah is not in need of any person to leave his food or drink. Allah is far from needs and desires. However, it is the mercy of Allah that He wants each and every person to leave those things which will lead him to the hellfire and by controlling one's desires throughout this month it is hoped that one will be able to control himself throughout the following months also.

For those who can relate, we can look at the month of Ramadhan like an MOT test. It is vital to be on form during this test. Once the test is over then we should be at a standard where we can continue through the following months. Indeed, there will be repairs and faults in between, but these will be minor and can be dealt with on the spot.

May Allah Ta'ala make us successful in this test, for the one who is unsuccessful in this test may not be given an opportunity for a re-test.

ان جبرئيل عرض لي فقال بعد من ادرك رمضان فلم يغفر له قلت آمين
"Jibreel came to me and said, 'Whoever reaches the month of Ramadan and does not have his sins forgiven and so enters the Fire, then may Allah distance him, say ameen." So I said "Ameen" [Mustadrak al-Haakim]
In summary, the month of Ramadhan has been made so that mankind can take benefit of the merits and blessings contained within to change themselves for the better and by doing so create a bond with Allah that will continue throughout the eleven remaining months.

It is a month within which Allah has instructed us to place more emphasis on actions regarding our Deen (religion) as opposed to our daily routine and emphasis on worldly matters.

I pray that this information comes in use and aids the readers in preparing for the month of Ramadhan.

As a reminder, please commit the following Du'a to memory and make a habit of reciting it daily until the day of Ramdhan.

اللهم بارك لنا في رجب وشعبان وبلغنا رمضان
"O Allah, make the months of Rajab and Sha'ban blessed for us, and let us reach the month of Ramadhan." [Musnad-e-Ahmed]
Source: Collection of Treasures
by Maulana Zain

zashakeel

Preparing for Ramadan

When we know we are to attend a wedding, we begin to plan and prepare from days and even weeks in advance. We pay much attention to detail so that we arrive to the function on time, are dressed up smartly with clean/ new shoes, have organised a place to stay, eat carefully so as not to ruin our clothing and so on. In a similar way we prepare and plan for other important events, functions, interviews etc.

However, when it comes to approaching our Islamic duties/ obligations we do so little in advance, especially for Ramadan. For some reason we feel we can flick a switch and become great pious personalities overnight. In fact, while this may work short term, in the long term you will more likely ‘burn out’ and return to your former self or in a worse condition. Is it not true afterall that in the middle of the month Ramadan the Masjid halls during taraweeh are at half capacity to what they were in the first few days??

Therefore it is much better we prepare and plan for our deeni activity, much like we do for the dunya ones and inshallah in this manner we can make the most of the blessed month of Ramadan and remain consistent upon the a’maal we adopt.

Anyway, with Ramadan due to start soon I thought it would be good to make a list of things in preparation for Ramadan. Please leave your comments and suggestions as well, via the comments below.

Increase in recitation of the Quraan. If possible, complete a minimum of 1 part to daily so as to make 1 whole complete recital of the Holy Quran during Ramadan.
Try and perform 4 rakah (units) of tahajjud before partaking in Suhoor.
Learn a, or many prophetic duas in Arabic.
As much as one can keep Allah in your heart by doing Dhikr eg: La ilaaha illallah, Allahu-akbar, Subhan-Allah, Alhumdulillah etc.
Devoting more sincerity and concentration into our existing daily prayers.
Try and utilise the month to give up smoking.
For the more foul mouthed amongst us, try to refrain from swearing the whole month. Friends can help here by lightly hitting or gently reminding his/ her friend each time they swear that they shouldn’t do it. (please note, I take no responsibility for any limbs that may be broken from the above suggestion!)
A small request I make is that if a brother or sister becomes more religious simply for the month of Ramadan, then rather than shooting our mouth off, saying he/ she is a hypocrite and its only for Ramadan etc, why don’t we give gentle words of encouragement so they might continue their virtuousness even after the month of Ramadan. Why should we be so mean to taunt them about what we THINK is only temporary on their part?

If we were to step back a moment and realise that this is the last Ramadan we will see in our lifetime, how would we spend it? How many Muslims do you know of who aren’t around this year to see Ramadan?

Death we know can come to us at any time, yet we still remain so ignorant of the blessing of the time now given to us to be utilised by Allah the Almighty.

I pray Allah gives, first of all me, and all Muslims the ability to utilise the month of Ramadan and safeguard ourselves from the punishment hereafter, Ameen.

zashakeel

Effects of Worship in Ramadhan

Experience has shown that effects of ibaadat (worship) in the blessed month of Ramadhan remain upon the remainder of the year. Whomsoever practises any virtue informally therein, ease of performing A'amale Salihah overtakes them thereafter.

Similarly, whoever prevents them self from sinning therein, for the remaining eleven months abstentation will become easy. In reality, prevention from sins in Ramadhan is not too difficult because, it is established that the Shayateen are imprisoned. Consequently, less sinning occurs generally because of removal of this stimulant.

However, sins do not totally disappear because the other orchestrator: one's nafs (self) is present. Even in this month it will instigate sins but, yes, its schemes will lesson because only one stimulant is now active.

Therefore, the impositions of this one month should be accepted. All parts (of one's body) should be saved from sin.
zashakeel

Maximize the last 10 days of Ramadan

Laylatul Qadr (the Night of Power) is described in the Quran as, "better than a thousand months" (97:3). Any action done on this night such as reciting the Quran, remembering Allah, etc. is better than acting for one thousand months which do not contain the night of Qadr.

Allah's Messenger used to exert himself in devotion during the last ten nights to a greater extent than at any other time." (Muslim). Allah's peace and blessings be upon our beloved Prophet.

Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, related that the Prophet said: Look for Laylatul Qadr on an odd-numbered night during the last ten nights of Ramadan (Bukhari).

The Prophet said: "Whoever prays during the night of Qadr with faith and hoping for its reward will have all of his previous sins forgiven." (Bukhari and Muslim recorded from Abu Huraira).

Here are some tips of things we can do on the Night of Power and the time before and after it.

1. Take a vacation for Allah.

We take a break from our jobs for almost everything in life. Why not this time to focus on worshiping and thanking our Creator.

If this is not possible at least take a few days off if you can. This can make it easier to stay awake at night to do extra Ibadah, not having to worry about getting to work the next day. It will also facilitate doing Itikaf.

2. Do I'tikaf.

It was a practice of the Prophet to spend the last ten days and nights of Ramadan in the masjid for I'tikaf.

Those in I'tikaf stay in the masjid all this time, performing various forms of zikr (the remembrance of Allah), like doing extra Salat, recitation and study of the Quran. They do not go outside the masjid except in case of emergencies, therefore, they sleep in the masjid. Their families or the masjid administration takes care of their food needs. I'tikaf of a shorter period of time, like one night, a day or a couple of days is encouraged as well.

3. Make this special Dua.

Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, said: I asked the Messenger of Allah: 'O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?' He said: 'Say: O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.' "(Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi).

The transliteration of this Dua is "Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee"

4. Recite the Quran.

Perhaps you can choose Surahs or passages from the Quran, which you have heard in Tarawih this past Ramadan to recite.

If you attend a class where the recitation of the Quran is taught, this is a great time to put your knowledge into practice.

5. Reflect on the meaning of the Quran.

Choose the latest Surah or Surahs you've heard in Tarawih and read their translation and Tafseer. Then think deeply about their meaning and how it affects you on a personal level.

6. Get your sins wiped out.

Abu Huraira narrated that the Messenger said: Whoever stands (in prayer) in Laylatul Qadr while nourishing his faith with self-evaluation, expecting reward from Allah, will have all of his previous sins forgiven. [Bukhari and Muslim).

Don't just pray using the shorter Surahs that you know. Try to make your prayers longer, deeper and meaningful. If you are familiar with longer Surahs, read the translation and explanation and then pray reciting these Surahs, carefully reflecting on the meaning while you pray.

Even if you are only familiar with the shorter Surahs, read the translation and explanation beforehand, and then pray reflecting on the message of the Surahs.

This is a good way to develop the habit of concentration, even in regular prayers, where many of us tend to be fidgety and/or easily distracted.

7. Make a personal Dua list.

Ask yourself what you really want from Allah. Make a list of each and everything, no matter how small or how big it is, whether it deals with this world or not. Allah loves to hear from us. Once this list is ready, you can do three things:

Ask Allah to give you those things
Think about what actions you have taken to get those things
Develop a work plan to get those things in future.
8. Evaluate yourself.

Ask yourself those questions that need to be asked. Do an evaluation of where you are and where you are going. Let this evaluation lead you to feel happiness for the good you have done and remorse for the bad you have done. This latter feeling should make it easier to seek Allah's sincere forgiveness when making the Dua mentioned in tip number one above.

9. Make long, sincere and deep Duas

One of the best times to do this is during the last part of the night.

Abu Huraira, may Allah be pleased with him, related that the Prophet said: When the last one-third of the night remains, our Lord, the Glorious One descends towards the heaven of the earth and proclaims: Who is that who supplicates for Me, and I grant his supplication? Who is that who begs Me for anything and I grant it to him? And who is that who seeks My forgiveness, and I forgive him? (Bukhari, Muslim).

That means for instance, waking up one hour before Suhoor time to ask Allah for anything and everything you want that is Halal. This can be done using the Duas of the Sunnah, but also Dua in your own language, with sincerity and conviction.

10. Memorize a different Dua every night

They don't have to be long. They can be just one line. And be sure to know what they mean generally at least, even if you don't know the exact translation in English.

You can put them on index cards (or and keep them with you during the day, glancing at them during work, while driving, waiting in line, etc.) Then practice them at night in prayer.

11. Have Iftar with the family

If you've spent Iftar time on weekdays in your cubicle at work alone with a couple of dates, now is the last few days you'll have this Ramadan to spend with your family. Use it wisely.

12. Take the family to Tarawih

Have your spouse and kids missed Tarawih most of Ramadan because you weren't there to drive them to the Masjid, which is too far away to walk to? If so, do all of yourselves a favour and bring everyone for Tarawih in these last ten nights.

13. Attend the Dua after the completion of Quran recitation

Almost all Masjids where the Imam aims to finish an entire reading of the Quran in Tarawih prayers in Ramadan will be completing their recitation in these last ten nights. They may try to end on one of the odd nights and read the Dua at the end of a reading of the Quran. Attend this particular night's Tarawih prayer with your family. See if you can attend different Masjids' Tarawih prayers the night they finish reading the Quran.

14. Finish reading a book on the Prophet

Read about the Prophet's life, which can increase your love for him and Islam by seeing how much he struggled for Allah's sake. It may inspire you to push yourself even harder during these last ten nights. This community is built on sacrifice.

15. Plan for the next year

Once you've done a self-evaluation, you can plan on where you want to go, at least in the next 12 months. Laylatul Qadr is a great night to be thinking about this (without taking away from your worship), since you'll Insha Allah, be in a more contemplative state. You may choose to dedicate one night of power for evaluation and one night for planning for the next year.

16. To do list for the Night of Power

Make a to do checklist for each Night of Power. This should define how you would like your night, the one better than a thousand months, to be used. Pick things from this list and define the sequence you would like to do things in. This will help you avoid wasting your time in unproductive chats which common in the festive atmosphere of Masjids at the Night of Power.

Abdul Malik Mujahid, is the President and Director of Sound Vision Foundation Inc. He is an Imam in the Chicago area and the Chairperson of the Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago (CIOGC).
noorie
Jazak'allah for sharing.

Noorie
kabir
JazakAllah
zashakeel

SHAB-E-QADR (THE NIGHT OF POWER)

The virtues of Shab-e-Qadr are established from Quran and Sunnah. Adoration and worshipping in this night is venerable from worship in thousand months without Shab-e-Qadrs. Allah Himself said" We have indeed revealed this (message) in this night of Power. And what will explain to thee what the Night of Power is. the Night of Power is better that a thousand months. Therein come down the angels and the spirits by Allah's permission on every errand. Peace! This until dawn. ( Al-Quran, Surah Qadr)
Hazrat Abu-Hurairah (RadiAllahAnho) narrates that Rasullah(SalallahoAlaiheWasalam) said that who fasted with belief and Iman his earlier sins will be forgiven and who offers prayers i.e. Nafl, recitation of Quran, reciting of Darood and begging pardon from Allah the Almighty, he earns rewards of his virtue and his sins and pardoned. (Bukhari)

Hazrat Anas (RadiAllahAnho) narrates that once on the commencement of Ramadan, Rasulallah (SalallahoAlaiheWasalam) said that this month has come among you and one night of this month is as such which is better than thousand months. If anybody is unable to avail its blessings, he is deprived of all virtues. No one is deprived of its blessing unless he himself is unfortunate. (Ibn-e-Maja)

Hazrat Syeda Aisha (RadiAllahAnha) narrates that the Prophet (SalallahoAlaiheWasalam) said: "Find out night of Power among odd nights like 21, 23, 25, 27, 29th of the last ten days of the month of Ramadan" (Bukhari)

This narration is also from her. She says that I asked the prophet (SalallahoAlaiheWasalam) " Ya Rasulallah, If I could know the exact Night of Power, then what shall I do?" The prophet (SalallahoAlaiheWasalam) said, "Read this Dua"

"Allah humma innaka afu un tuhibbul afwa fafoo ani" (Tirmizi)

It is said that when Night of Power arrives then those angels also come down with Hazrat Jibreel (Alaihisalaam) who live on "Sidratul Muntaha" (a stop in the seventh heaven" and they bring four flags with them. One flag is hoisted on Gumbad-e-Khizra (Masjid-e-Nabavi) and the other on Baitul Muqaddas (i.e. Jurusalam), Next one on the roof of Masjid-e-Haraam (Khana-e-Kabaa) and the fourth one on Koh-e-Toor (Toor Mountain). There after they visit the homes of each and every True Muslim men and women and say Salaam to them. The drunkards, interest eaters and those who do not care for there relations and brethren in religion, are kept away from this benidiction.

NAMAZ-E-SHAB-E-QADR
(PRAYER IN THE NIGHT OF POWER)

One who offers four raka'at Namaz in this night and in each raka'at he /she recites Surah Fatiha and Surah Qadr once each and Surah Ikhlas 27 times, his/her all earlier sins are pardoned and he becomes like a child who is born the same day. Allah will also give him a thousand palaces in the paradise.

According to another narration, one who offers four rak'at Namaz on the 27th night of the month of Ramadan and in each raka'at he/she recites after Surah Fatiha, Surah Qadr three times and Surah Ikhlas fifty times and after Salaam again goes in Sajda (Prostration) and recites

"Subhaan Allahe Walhamdolillahe Walahelaha illallaho Wallahoakbar"

and then whatever Dua he/she makes that will be granted and the Almighty will pardon his/her sins and give him/her countless rewards. (Ghunyatul Talibeen)

zashakeel

Zakat Al Fitr

Zakat al Fitr is an obligatory charity on every Muslim at the end of the month of Ramadan. Ibn `Umar said: "The Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, enjoined the payment of one Sa'a of dates or one Sa'a of barley as Zakat al-Fitr on every Muslim, young and old, male and female, free and slave." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

The purpose of Zakat al-Fitr is to purify the one who has fasted from any type of indecent act or speech he might have committed while fasting. It also helps the poor and the needy. Ibn Abbas said: "The Messenger of Allah, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, enjoined Zakat al-Fitr on the one who fasts to shield him from any indecent act or speech and for the purpose of providing food for the needy." (Related by Abu Dawud and Ibn Majah.)

The Amount of Zakat al-Fitr

As the first hadeeth indicated, the amount of Zakat al-Fitr is one Sa'a. Sa'a is a volume measure corresponding approximately to the volume of 5 lb of good wheat. The material of the Zakat can be either dates, barley, wheat, rice, corn or similar items considered as basic foods. Abu Saeed said: "We used to give for Zakat al-Fitr on behalf of every child, aged person, free man or slave during the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, one Sa'a of food, or one Sa'a of dried yogurt, or one Sa'a of barley, or one Sa'a of dates, or one Sa'a of raisins." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

The Time for Zakat al-Fitr

Zakat al-Fitr has to be paid by the end of Ramadhan. There are two times to pay Zakat al-Fitr. Either one or two days before Eid as 'Umar used to do, or the day of Eid before the Eid prayer. Ibn `Umar reported that the Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, ordered them to pay Zakat al-Fitr before they go out to perform the Eid prayer. If Zakat al-Fitr is paid after the Eid prayer, it will only be considered as regular charity. The Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, said: "If one pays Zakat al-Fitr before the Salat, it is considered an accepted Zakat, if he pays it after the Salat, it is considered an ordinary charity." (Related by Abu Dawud.)

Zakat al-Fitr is to be given to the same eight categories or people as in the other types of Zakat. Some scholars say that the poor and the needy are the most deserving ones since the Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, said that it had "...the purpose of providing food for the needy."

zashakeel

The Last Friday of Ramadan

In some countries it is known as Jumu'atul Wada' (Farewell Friday). People express their grief at the approach of Ramadan's departure. A month of great blessings is about to end. We thank Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala for this auspicious time. We feel sorry that it is coming to an end, but we look forward to the next Ramadan and pray to Allah to give us long life, good health and strong faith to enjoy His blessings in this month next year.

This is not only a time to say to good bye to Ramadan, but also to reflect on what did we learn from this month and how are we going to use these lessons in the coming days. Following are some of the lessons that we learnt in Ramadan:

1. Patience : Fasting in Ramadan taught us patience (sabr). It taught us self-discipline. Now we have to use this training. We avoided some permissible things during fasting, now we know how to control ourselves and protect ourselves from unlawful (Haram) things.

2. Control over passions and desires : Fasting taught us to control our passions and desires. Now we have to use this training and keep ourselves always pure. We must not be the slaves of our lusts and desires. We should not obey our desires, but we must obey Allah all the time.

3. Control over bad temper : Fasting taught us to control bad temper. It taught us how to avoid bad words. Now we have to use this training. We must not quarrel with others or use bad language. We should be a gentle and honorable people all the time.

4. Charity: Fasting taught us charity (muwasat). We paid our Zakat and our Sadaqat in this month. Now we know how to be good, kind and generous to those who are in need. Now we know how to help good causes always.

5. Nawafil : During Ramadan we prayed Tarawih during the night. Now we should be regular in our daily prayers. We should pray them on time and in a proper manner. We woke up for Sahur every night. Now we can get up for Tahajjud prayer. We should try to pray Tahajjud as much as possible.

6. Regural Visit to Masjid : During Ramadan we came to the Masjid every day. Now we should make a habit to pray at the Masjid as much as we can. We have our Friday which is known as the Sayyid al-Ayyam (the best day of the week). We should not neglect the Friday prayer. We should also take care of the Masjid. Those who come to the Masjid should be also those who maintain the Masjid.

7. Reading of the Qur'an : During Ramadan we read the Qur'an and we listened to the Qur'an. Now we should make a resolution to read the Qur'an every day. We should read one juz' or half Juz' every day. We should read with translation and try to reflect on the Words of Allah.

8. Family gathering : During Ramadan we spent more time with our families. We ate together and we prayed together. Now we should keep this habit. The families that eat together and pray together stay together. We should have good relations with our spouses. We should pay more attention to our children and our youth. We should give them more time and continue to help them to learn the principles and values of Islam. We must pay attention to their Islamic education and training.

9. Concern for the Ummah : During Ramadan we prayed to Allah to help the Muslims of Palestine, Chechnya, Muslims of Kashmir, Muslims of Iraq, Muslims of Afghanistan and Muslims who are suffering in many other lands. We should continue to know more about them and do whatever we can to relieve their suffering and to help bring justice and peace in the world.

10. More good deeds : During Ramadan we did a lot of good things. Now we should be in the habit of doing good all the time.

The purpose of ‘Ibadah (our acts of worship) is to make us Allah's servants. Allah's servants are the best human beings. Our challenge is to become the best human beings that we are supposed to be.

By Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi
zashakeel

Ask Yourself these 25 Questions

Ramadan, as usual, has flown by. Despite planning beforehand, many of us
may have got caught up in a routine after accustoming ourselves to the
change in schedule the blessed month brings.

This may have affected our initial plans to increase our worship,
contemplation and to seek Allah's Forgiveness and Mercy with greater
fervor. But the last ten days and nights of Ramadan are still ahead for
us to benefit from. Ask yourself these questions and see what you can do
to make the most of what's left of Ramadan this year.

1] Have I kept pace with the amount of Qur'an I wanted to read, or
have I fallen behind?

2] If so, how much do I have to read on a daily basis the rest of
Ramadan to catch up?

3] Have I tried to attend Taraweeh regularly, or did I use weak
excuses to get out of it?

4] Did I ever pray the night prayer?

5] Did I try praying my five daily prayers with more sincerity,
concentration, and focus than usual?

6] Did I invite anyone over for Iftaar (breaking the fast)?

7] Did I help any needy person, even a beggar, when I was fasting?

8] Did I regularly seek Allah's Forgiveness and Mercy with sincerity,
fear and hope?

9] Did I encourage my family to fast or participate in regular
opportunities for more rewards that come with Ramadan (i.e. good deeds
in general, but also Taraweeh, more reading of the Qur'an, etc).

10] Did I memorise any more Qur'an than what I knew before Ramadan started?

11] Did I try to be more patient in Ramadan than I normally am?

12] Did I try to control my anger, especially while fasting?

13] Did I try harder to avoid backbiting and slander?

14] Did I constantly check my intentions, to make sure that my good
deeds were for the sake of Allah alone, not to impress others, gain
their favour or to show off?

15] Was there even an atom of pride in my heart?

16] Was I quieter and more contemplative?

17] Did I cry in my prayers?

18] Did I read more Islamic literature apart from the Qur'an?

19] Did I make sincere repentance to Allah, really feeling sorry for my
sins?

20] Did I forgive those who hurt me?

21] Did I avoid hurting anyone with my attitude, words, intentions or
actions?

22] Did I give any more Sadaqah (charity) than I normally give?

23] Did I share the message of Ramadan and Islam with a non-Muslim?

24] Did I share the message of Ramadan and Islam with a non-practising
Muslim family member or friend?

25] Did I feel annoyed at being hungry while fasting or did I rejoice?

zashakeel

Q: Why did our Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) ummat get this night of power.

A: One day prophet Mohammed (PBUH) was narrating stories about Nuh (AS), Musa (AS) and how their ummat lived for hundred of years, during this discussion one of the sahaba’s questioned then in this case, since they had long lives, they would have done more salaat, prayers and zikr and then will have loft positions in Paradise.

This lead to another question then in this case Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) ummat lives about 65/70 years and will get less time for ibbadat (therefore lesser position in Paradise ).

Our Prophet was concerned about this.

Allah then revealed the Surah (Inna anzalna hu fi laylatul-qadr)

What is laylatul-qadr (this night is better then thousands months)

Thousand Months = 1000/12 = 83.33 years

Therefore even if we get 25 such laylatul qadr nights we will have 25 X 83.33 = 2083.25 years of ibbadat.

zashakeel

- Playing, recreation, and eating on the day of Eid:

These are permissible as long as they stay within the acceptable bounds of Islam. Anas said: "when the prophet (p.b.u.h.) came to madinah, they had two days for amusement. the prophet (p.b.u.h.) has exchanged these days for two better days: the day of breaking the fast and the day of sacrifice." (Nsa'i and Ibn Hibban)

- Taking women and children to the prayer area:

The prophet (p.b.u.h.) used to take his wives and daughters to the two Eids. Umm Atiyah said: "we were ordered to go out with the single and menstruating women to the two Eids in order to witness the good and the supplications of the muslims. the menstruating women though would stay away from the prayer area." (Bukhari and Muslim)

- Going to the prayer area:

The prophet (p.b.u.h.) used to go to the prayer area by walking. Jaber narrated: "on the days of Eid, the prophet (p.b.u.h.) would go to the prayer area by one route and come back by another route." (Bukhari)

- Eating before going to the prayer area:

Since Eid al-Fitr is the day on which Muslims break their Ramadhan fast, it is preferable to eat before going to the Eid prayer. It is a Sunnah of the prophet (p.b.u.h.) to eat an odd number of dates before going to pray salat al-Eid. Anas reported: "the prophet (p.b.u.h.) would not go out on the day of Eid al-Fitr without eating an odd number of dates." (Bukhari.)

- Preparation for Eid prayer:

It is preferred to make ghusl (take a bath), wear one's best clothes and, for men, to wear perfume before going to salat al-Eid. Ibn al-Qayyim said: "the prophet (p.b.u.h.) used to wear his best clothes for the Eid prayers and he had clothes that he reserved for the two Eids and Jumuah."

- Making Takbeer:

Takbeer starts from the night of Eid's eve until the imam comes out to start the prayer. Allah says: "you should complete the prescribed period and then you should glorify allah (i.e., say takbeer) for having guided you so that you may be grateful to him." the form of takbeer is related by 'umar and ibn mas`ud: "Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, la illaha illallah. Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar wa lillahil-hamd."

- Congratulating each other:

It has been narrated that when the prophet's companions met each other on the Eid day, they would say to each other: "may Allah accept from us and from you." (Ahmad)

zashakeel

The Night Preceding 'Eid-ul-Fitr'

It had been the practice of the Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, that he would not sleep in the night preceding the day of Eid-ul-fitr. This night has been named in a Hadith as the Night of Reward (Lailatul Jaiza). Almighty bestows his rewards on those who have spent the month of Ramadan abiding by the dictates of Shari'ah, and all their prayers in this night are accepted. Therefore, it is desirable to perform nafl prayers in this night. The Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, is reported to have said:

Whoever stands up (in worship) in the nights preceding the two Eids expecting rewards from his Lord, his heart will not die when the other hearts will die. (Ibn Majah)

To benefit from this opportunity, one should perform as much worship in this night as he can, and should pray for all his needs and desires.
zashakeel

The 'Eid Prayer

The second obligation on 'Eid day is to perform the 'Eid prayer. Some rules in this respect are mentioned hereunder:

1. The Eid prayer is Wajib (obligatory) on every male Muslim.

2. The Eid prayer can be performed any time between the Ishraq and Zawal.

3. It is preferable that the 'Eid prayer is performed at an open field and not in a mosque. However, if, it is difficult for any reason to perform it in an open field, it can also be performed in a big mosque.

4. It is not advisable to hold the 'Eid prayer in every mosque, rather it is preferable that the people from several small mosques get together to either perform it in an open field or, in its absence, in a big mosque which can accommodate a large number of people.

5. No Nafl Salah can be performed before the 'Eid prayer, neither in one's home, nor at the place of' Eid prayer. Similarly, Nafl prayer cannot be performed after the Eid prayer at the same place. However, it can be performed after one comes back to his home.

6. The Eid prayer has neither Adhan nor Iqamah.

zashakeel

How to Perform Eid Prayer

The Eid Prayer has two rak'ah to perform in the normal way, with the only addition of six takbirs, three of them in the beginning of the first rak'ah, and three of them just before ruku' in the second rak'ah. The detailed way of performing the 'Eid prayer is as follows:

The Imam will begin the prayer without Adhan or Iqamah. He will begin the prayer by reciting takbir of Tahrimah (Allahu Akbar). You should raise your hands up to the ears, and reciting the takbir, you give a little pause during which you should recite Thana' (Subhanak Allahumma.......)· After the completion of Thana' the Imam will recite takbir (Allahu Akbar) three times, and after reciting each Takbir (Allahu Akbar) in a low voice, you should bring your hands down and leave them earthwards. But, after the third takbir, you should set them at the level of your navel as you do in the normal prayer.

After these three takbirs the Imam will recite the Holy Qur'an, which you should listen quietly. The rest of the rak'ah will be performed in the normal way.

After rising for the second rak'ah, the Imam will begin the recitations from the Qur'an during which you should remain calm and quiet. When the Imam finishes his recitation, he will recite three takbirs once again, but this time it will be before bowing down for ruku'. At each takbir you should raise your hands up to the ears, and after saying "Allahu Akbar' bring them down and leave them earthwards. After these three takbirs have been called and completed, the Imam will say another takbir for bowing down into the ruku' position. At this takbir you need not raise your hands. You just bow down for your ruku' saying, 'Allahu Akbar'. The rest of the Salah will be performed in its usual way.

Note: The way of 'Eid prayer described above is according to the Hanafi school of Muslim jurists. Some other jurists, like Imam Shafi'i, have some other ways to perform it. They recite Takbir twelve times before beginning the recitations from the Holy Qur'an in both rak'ah. This way is also permissible. If the Imam, being of the Shafi'i school, follows this way, you can also follow him. Both ways are based on the practice of the Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam.

zashakeel

Six Fasts in the Month of Shawwal

It is commendable to keep six fasts in the month of Shawwal. The Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, has said:

Whoever completes fasts of Ramadan then adds to them the fast of six days in the month of Shawwal, it will carry the thawab of fasting for the whole year. (Sahih Muslim)

This hadith had described the great thawab of six fasts of this month. Therefore, the Muslims should take this opportunity of acquiring such an enormous reward from Allah. It is more preferable to start these fasts from the 2nd of Shawwal and keep fasting up to the 7th of it. However, if, they are kept in other days, it is hoped that the requirement of the above hadith may also be fulfilled.
zashakeel
QUOTE(zashakeel @ Oct 11 2007, 01:18 PM) *

How to Perform Eid Prayer

The Eid Prayer has two rak'ah to perform in the normal way, with the only addition of six takbirs, three of them in the beginning of the first rak'ah, and three of them just before ruku' in the second rak'ah. The detailed way of performing the 'Eid prayer is as follows:

The Imam will begin the prayer without Adhan or Iqamah. He will begin the prayer by reciting takbir of Tahrimah (Allahu Akbar). You should raise your hands up to the ears, and reciting the takbir, you give a little pause during which you should recite Thana' (Subhanak Allahumma.......)· After the completion of Thana' the Imam will recite takbir (Allahu Akbar) three times, and after reciting each Takbir (Allahu Akbar) in a low voice, you should bring your hands down and leave them earthwards. But, after the third takbir, you should set them at the level of your navel as you do in the normal prayer.

After these three takbirs the Imam will recite the Holy Qur'an, which you should listen quietly. The rest of the rak'ah will be performed in the normal way.

After rising for the second rak'ah, the Imam will begin the recitations from the Qur'an during which you should remain calm and quiet. When the Imam finishes his recitation, he will recite three takbirs once again, but this time it will be before bowing down for ruku'. At each takbir you should raise your hands up to the ears, and after saying "Allahu Akbar' bring them down and leave them earthwards. After these three takbirs have been called and completed, the Imam will say another takbir for bowing down into the ruku' position. At this takbir you need not raise your hands. You just bow down for your ruku' saying, 'Allahu Akbar'. The rest of the Salah will be performed in its usual way.

Note: The way of 'Eid prayer described above is according to the Hanafi school of Muslim jurists. Some other jurists, like Imam Shafi'i, have some other ways to perform it. They recite Takbir twelve times before beginning the recitations from the Holy Qur'an in both rak'ah. This way is also permissible. If the Imam, being of the Shafi'i school, follows this way, you can also follow him. Both ways are based on the practice of the Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam.

Khutbah: The Address of 'Eid-ul-fitr

In this Salah, Khutbah is a Sunnah and is delivered after the Salah, unlike the Salah of Jumu'ah where it is Fard and is delivered before the Salah. However, listening to the Khutbah of 'Eid Salah is wajib or necessary and must be heard in perfect peace and silence.

It is a sunnah that the Imam begins the first Khutba by reciting takbirs 'Allahu Akbar' nine times and the second Khutbah with reciting it seven times.

zashakeel

The Prophet

Sall Allaahu`alayhi wa sallam

Is a Mercy for Al -'Alameen

By Imaam Mohamed Baianonie

Alhamdulilaah, Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala has given us the will power to fast during Ramadhaan and the strength to stand up in prayer during the Qiyaam of the nights. We are blessed to be gathered here together to pray the ‘Eid prayer and listen to the ‘Eid speech. Allaah, the Glorious, has guided us to this Deen (of Islam) and without His guidance we would be lost. We should be grateful we belong to this Ummah, the best nation that has ever existed. We have been honoured by Allaah, the Glorious, who has made us from the followers of the Prophet Muhammad sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, who was sent as a mercy for all of mankind.

Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala sent our Prophet Muhammad as a mercy for all humans in this world and on the Day of Judgment. Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala tells Prophet Muhammad sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam in the Qur’aan, in what can be translated as, “We have sent you (O Muhammad) not, but as a mercy for the Alameen (mankind, jinn, and all that exists).” [Al-Anbiyaa’ 21:107)]

The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said, “Surely, Allaah has sent me as a mercy for all creatures and as a guide to those who are pious.” [Reported by Imaam Ahmad] He also said, “Surely, I am a gifted mercy.” [Reported by Imaam Bayhaqi] One time, the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam was asked to beg Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala to punish the idol worshippers, but instead the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam replied, “Surely, I was not sent to curse, but surely, I was sent to be a mercy.” [Reported by Imaam Muslim]

Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala describes the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam as a mercy, and similarly, the Prophet himself, describes himself in the same way. However, the question we should ask is, do we recognize him as a mercy and introduce him to others as a Prophet of mercy? If not, we need to teach our children, our families, all Muslims, and then non-Muslims about this remarkable man sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam.

We can start this mission by first learning about this man through focused studies on his biography. Afterwards, we need to spread this knowledge to others in the same focused manner. When we take a deeper look into the Prophet’s sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam life, we will realize how corrupt human society was before the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, and how Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala rescued them with His Message. Allaah’s Message corrected peoples’ skewed beliefs, their acts of worship, their mistreatment of each other, and their impolite manners. With AllaahSubhaanahu wa Ta’aala’s Message, they were able to reach success in every part of this life, as well as in the Hereafter.

Our Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam practiced what he preached, and made himself the best example for everyone. If we take a close look at the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam’s life, we will realize how great his mercy and compassion was for all people, even the worst of his enemies. His mercy was not limited to human beings; in fact, he was just as merciful and compassionate to all of Allaah’s Creation, including animals, and even plants and trees.

We must make this day of ‘Eid a starting point for fulfilling our duties to this great man sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. We must present his message to all humanity; this is the best gift that we can give to anyone. This is the best gift that we can give to anyone at this time when global corruption and destruction is at an all time high. It is the least that we can do for the man who has saved us from total destruction and will intercede for us on the Day of Judgment.

In the past, Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala totally destroyed nations who rejected their prophets ‘alayhimussalaam and stayed corrupt. Fortunately anyone, believer or not, from the time of the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam until the end of this world, will be protected from total annihilation even if they are corrupt and do not believe.

Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala tells the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, in what can be translated as, “We sent you not, but as mercy for the Alameen (creatures).” The companion Ibn ‘Abbass, radhiallaahu ‘anhu explained this verse and said, “Whoever believes in him (the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) will get mercy in this life as well as in the Hereafter, and the one who does not believe (in the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala has saved him from total annihilation in this life, since Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala used to wipe out the non-believing nations in the past.”

Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala sent this Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam as a mercy for everyone, believers and non-believers. Humans are fortunate that on that Day of Judgment, the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam will beg Allaah, the Most Merciful, to relieve humans of the hardships that will befall them on that Day of Gathering.

Alhamdulilaah, Allaah, the Most Merciful, will accept the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam’s intercession and will remove the hardship from people on that Day of Gathering and will allow the believers and non-believers to move on to the next event of that day.

The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam’s message was sent as a complete system for humans. Islam is a system designed by Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala for humans. His system gives us the best recipe for attaining the pleasures of this life as well as those of the Hereafter.

Ever since humans have existed, they have faced problems and hardship because of their deviation from Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala’s guidance. However, if they had followed Allaah’s guidance, then they would have reached happiness and success in this life as well as in the Hereafter.

This is the way it has always been throughout ancient human history until today. We know this from historical evidence from the Qur’aan. Without the Message of Allaah, the Most Merciful, humans would suffer in hardship until the Day of Judgment. Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala says what can be translated as, “But whosoever turns away from My Reminder (Revelations), verily, for him is a life of hardship, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection.” [Ta-Ha 20:124].

In the Qur’aan, Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala describes all of His Revelations, the Torah, the Gospel, and the Qur’aan, as guidance, mercy, and light bestowed upon humanity. If we use these books of guidance then surely we will live successful lives in this world and the Hereafter.

Normally, humans must choose a way of life, some system to run their affairs. They can choose between two systems: either the system designed by Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala through His messengers or a system developed by human beings. Certainly, there is a significant difference between both types. Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala’s system and His rulings are guidance, mercy, light, and healing. On the other hand, man-made systems are full of gaps, darkness, unhappiness, and are full of disease, loss and are cursed. That’s what we will find if we examine the state of humanity in the past and present. And this fact will hold true and continue on in the future.

The question we should ask is why is there such a big difference between Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala’s system and the man-made systems? This difference is because Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala is the Creator and the Creator Alone knows what benefits His creatures and what harms them, and Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala’s Knowledge is unlimited and always right, and full of Mercy and Wisdom. On the other hand, humans are Allaah’s Creation, and their knowledge no matter how sophisticated it gets will always be limited. Human knowledge varies from time to time, and while it may be correct at one point, it may be proven false later on. As we know, there were many scientific findings that were considered facts for many years until a scholar proved them false.

Despite what humanity has accomplished in scientific advances and discoveries, it is still suffering from many serious and complicated problems that threaten human existence and stability. These problems are economical, political, social, psychological, moral etc. This suffering exists because humanity has not discovered Allaah’s system and has not applied the rules of Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala in their lives.

Islam is the Deen of Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala and His system is the only way to rescue humanity from problems and dangers surrounding it today. Peace be upon all of Allaah’s prophets including Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus ‘alayhimussalaam and finally, Muhammad sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam who have delivered Allaah’s message of Islam to humanity.

As Muslims today, we have a great responsibility in rescuing and saving humanity. We should begin this century by presenting the greatest gift we can give to our families, our communities and all of humanity. There is no better gift then the knowledge and practice of Islam.

We can present this gift by having correct and strong emaan (faith). We must practice good deeds and apply Islam as a total way of life. The best way to call people to Islam is to show them our Islamic manners. This was the way the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam delivered the message of Islam to all people.

Finally, let us remember again how Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala described the Prophet Muhammad sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, “as a mercy for the Alameen (mankind, jinn, and all that exists).” And let us remember what the Prophet Muhammad sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam himself said, “Surely, Allaah has sent me as a mercy for all creatures and as a guide to those who are pious.”

I pray to Allaah to make this day of ‘Eid a good day for all of us and for all Muslims all over the world. And we ask Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala to help us fulfill our duties, and to accept our righteous deeds. We ask Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala to forgive our faults and mistakes, and we beg Him to keep us on the straight path. We ask Him to give us the strength to be good examples of Islam like the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam and his companions. May Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala bring this day every year while you are in good health and emaan. Peace, mercy, and blessings from Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala upon you all. Aameen.

noorie
Jazak'Allah.
zashakeel

Remaining Steadfast After Ramadhan

Shaykh Saleh al-Fouzan
Ahadeeth us-Siyam: Ahkam wa Adab
© Huda Ramadhan 1419AH

Sufyan ibn `Abdillah radhiallahu `anhu said: "O Messenger of Allah, tell me something about Islam, which I cannot ask anyone else besides you." He said: "Say: 'I believe in Allah' and then be steadfast (upon that)." [Saheeh Muslim (38)]

The hadeeth is proof that the servant is obligated, after having eemaan in Allah, to persevere and be steadfast upon obeying Him by performing the obligatory acts and avoiding the prohibited ones. This is achieved by following the Straight Path, which is the firm Religion without drifting away from it, to the right or to the left.

If the Muslim lives through Ramadhan and spent his days in fasting and his nights in prayer and he accustomed himself to doing acts of good, then he must continue to remain upon this obedience to Allah at all times. This is the true state of the slave, for indeed, the Lord of the months is One and He is ever watchful and witnessing over his servants at all times.

Indeed, steadfastness after Ramadhan and the rectification of one's statements and actions are the greatest signs that one has gained benefit from the month of Ramadhan and striven in obedience. They are tokens of reception and signs of success.

Furthermore, the deeds of a servant do not come to an end with the end of a month and the beginning of another, rather they continue and extend until he reaches death. Allah says: "And worship your Lord until the certainty (death) comes to you." [al-Hijr: 99]

If the fasting of Ramadhan comes to an end, then indeed the voluntary fasting is still prescribed throughout the entire year. If standing in prayer at night during Ramadhaan comes to an end, then indeed, the entire year is a time for performing the night prayer. And if the Zakat-ul-Fitr comes to an end, then there is still the Zakah that is obligatory as well as the voluntary charity that lasts the whole year.

This goes the same for reciting the Qur'an and pondering over its meaning as well as every other righteous deed that is sought, for they can be done at all times. From the many bounties that Allah has bestowed upon his servants is that He has placed for them many different types of righteous acts and provided many means for doing good deeds. Therefore, the ardor and zeal of the Muslim must be constant and he must continue to remain in the service of his Lord.

It is unfortunate to find that some people perform worship by doing different types of righteous deeds during Ramadhan. They guard strictly upon their five daily prayers in the masjid, they recite the Qur'aan a lot and they give in charity from their wealth. But when Ramadhan comes to an end, they grow lazy in their worship. Rather, sometimes they even abandon the obligations, both generally, such as praying in congregation, and specifically, such as praying the fajr prayer.

And they commit forbidden acts such as sleeping over the time of prayers, indulging in places of foolishness and entertainment, and mingling in parks, especially on the day of `Eed. Obtaining help from these evils is only through the grace of Allah. Thus, they demolish what they have constructed and destroy what they have established. This is an indication of deprivation and a sign of perdition. We ask Allah for His safeguarding and protection.

Indeed, this type of people take the example of turning in repentance and ceasing from committing evil deeds as something specific and restricted to the month of Ramadhan. And they stop doing these (good) acts when the month stops. Thus, it is as if they have abandoned sinning for the sake of Ramadhan, and not out of fear of Allah. How evil are these people who do not know Allah, except in Ramadhan!

Truly, the success that Allah grants His servant lies in the fasting of Ramadhan. His assisting him to do that is a great favor, thus the calls for the servant to be grateful to his Lord. This understanding can be found in the statement of Allah after completing the favor of the month of fasting:

"(He wants that you) must complete the same number of days, and that you must magnify Allah (by saying Allahu Akbar) for having guided you, so that you may be grateful to Him." [2:185][color=#009900]

The one who is grateful for having fasted, will remain upon that condition and continue to perform righteous deeds.

Verily, the true way of the Muslim is that of one who praises and thanks his Lord for giving him the ability to fast and make qiyam. His condition after Ramadhan is better than it was before Ramadhan. He is more receptive to obey, desiring to do good deeds and quick to enforce the obligatory acts. This is because he has gained benefit form this prominent institute of learning. It is that of one who fears for having his fast not accepted, for indeed Allah only accepts from those who fear Him.

The righteous predecessors would struggle to complete and perfect their deeds, hoping afterwards, that it would be accepted and fearing that it would be rejected. From the reports of `Alee, "Be more concerned with having your deeds accepted than the deed itself. Did you not hear Allah say: 'Verily Allah, only accepts those from those who fear Him. (i.e. possess taqwa).' [5:27] "[Lataa'if ul Ma`arif, p. 246]

`Aa'ishah said: "I asked the Messenger of Allah concerning the ayah: 'And the one who are given what they are given and their hearts tremble with fear.' Are they the ones who drink alcohol and steal?" He said: "No, o daughter of as-Siddeeq. Rather, they are the ones who fast and pray and give in charity yet fear that it won't be accepted from them. They are the ones who rush to do good deeds and they are the first to do them." [Saheeh Sunan at-Tirmidhee 3/79-80]

So be warned and again be warned of turning backward after having attained guidance of going astray after persevering. And ask Allah to provide you with duration in doing righteous deeds and continuity in performing good acts. And ask Allah that He grant you a good end, so that He may accept our Ramadhan from us.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.