Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Of The Most Magnificent Waterfalls Across The World
Hamara Forums > General > Tourists paradise
pinky
WOW They are so beautiful.........The last one is somewhere in South America right? River Amazon??
deep750
seems like some of them are from Norway smile1.gif
Here is another one, a pic I have taken smile1.gif
Reeth
Pinky, u r right it is in South America,not Amazon but river iguacu ,and it is one of the largest water falls in
terms of the tremendous amount of water(nearly 4 times the width of niagara),is called Iguazu falls,located on the argentina-brazil border..

one more pic of Iguazu

Click to view attachment
Reeth
Deep many are from Norway, and some from the US and South America.
the one you have uploaded is simply beautiful, can you plz give some details??
Reeth
Iguaxu falls

Click to view attachment
Nimii
The only two gorgeous ones I have seen are Niagara and Shimoga mein Jog falls mellow.gif Reeth thanks for the lovely pix.. makes one want to be there right away wub.gif
Reeth
Pleasure nimii.............The Sivanasamudra falls or " Bluff" as it is popularly referred to is very close to bangalore and truly beautiful(The last 2 pics Indian water falls) shd be full now what with record rain falls and all the reservoirs overflowing............
Nimii
Haan pata hai sad.gif never got around to seeing it though, I went up to Talakaadu but returned back to Mysore coz of the bad roads.. this was many many years back. sigh!
deep750
Info kya doon? unsure.gif
It is a small place at the west coast of Norway. The place is called Førde. the name of the waterfall is Huldefossen (fossen - waterfall) so in english it would be Huldewaterfall smile1.gif
I took the picture last summer when I went to wisit my didi and jija.
Click to view attachment

I have also seen a big waterfall in Jabalpur (MP). Think it is calles "dhund" something. Dont remember much, was only 7 sad1.gif
Nimii
Deeps that is a beautiful cataract buddy! My! your camera has caught the rainbow colors in the mist that has been created by the fall awesome.
harihar
How abt naming where these places are falls what r they we don't have that many prob 1 or 2. India has plenty so does America n Africa may be Europe kahin jaga pe.
deep750
harihar, you say "we dont have that many..." where do you live?
deep750
QUOTE(Nimii @ Aug 21 2006, 04:43 PM) *

Deeps that is a beautiful cataract buddy! ohmy.gif My! your camera has caught the rainbow colors in the mist that has been created by the fall awesome.

I guess I was lucky rolleyes.gif
btw if you se the two pictures I have posted, the clouds have covered the sky on the second while the first is without skyes. I think the pictures are taken with app. 5 min interval
Reeth
Ti lo su Falls ( with Thai bathing beauties rolleyes.gif - Thailand

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Reeth
Yosemite falls at the Yosemite national park, USA

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Reeth

Yutaje falls ,Yosemite national park,USA

Click to view attachment

Bridalveil falls,Yosemite national park,USA

Click to view attachment
Reeth
Thailand is full of waterfalls,These a few on the outskirts of Bangkok ,names not known (Unpronunciable)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Reeth
Angel Falls- Venenzuela-the highest falls in the world(Sorry i do not have a larger pic)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
august
QUOTE(Reeth @ Aug 22 2006, 02:28 PM) *
Angel Falls- Venenzuela-the highest falls in the world(Sorry i do not have a larger pic)

is this large enough? biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Reeth
smile.gif Thanks august...
sri
One more view of Niagara - the water looks so awesome !!

smile.gif
Sri
sri
Here is one of the Victoria Falls - on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia. This is the view from the Zimbabwe side. Across the waterfall - it is Zambia. The river in question is the Zambezi....very wide at this point - about a mile when it falls into a deep gorge. Raises a lot of mist in that area - it is known locally as Mosi-oa-tunya - meaning 'smoke that thunders'.

I had gone to see this fabulous sight when I went to Zimbabwe on a business trip several years ago. Had the opportunity to fly in a small 4 seater plane over the waterfall ...was a wonderful, unforgettable experience - I was sitting right next to the pilot !!

smile.gif
Sri
august

sri,
kuchh photo nikale ho to u/l na.. smile.gif
internet pe to bahot milte hain lekin private collection se jyada majaa aata hain.. biggrin.gif

A
rolleyes.gif

shaibaal
Never been to Karnataka myself, but a friend sent me this picture of the Jog Falls. Quite awesome!

Click to view attachment
sri
QUOTE(shaibaal @ Aug 28 2006, 10:47 PM) *
Never been to Karnataka myself, but a friend sent me this picture of the Jog Falls. Quite awesome!

nice pic !!
Talaikya
QUOTE(sri @ Aug 28 2006, 07:28 AM) *

One more view of Niagara - the water looks so awesome !!
smile.gif
Sri

Do I need to show you a picture I have of the said waters?? smile.gif

QUOTE(august @ Aug 28 2006, 11:18 AM) *

sri,
kuchh photo nikale ho to u/l na.. smile.gif
internet pe to bahot milte hain lekin private collection se jyada majaa aata hain.. biggrin.gif

A
rolleyes.gif

I second the request!

QUOTE(shaibaal @ Aug 28 2006, 01:17 PM) *

Awesome indeed!! Wow!!! Resize, resize - please, I almost missed 1/3rd of the pic! smile.gif
sri
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Aug 29 2006, 11:03 AM) *

Do I need to show you a picture I have of the said waters?? smile.gif

If you have a good one - simply upload - why ask ?????
smile.gif
sri
Talaikya
Oh ho... it's quite the same na!! laugh.gif Still, lemme dig it out and see...
Reeth
Those are awesome pics Sri, thanx for sharing smile.gif

Shaibaal, there are a few hundred waterfalls all over Karnataka,western ghats are full of them....

This is the 'Hogenekal' falls near Karnataka-Tamilnadu border (River Kaveri)

Click to view attachment

This one is in the western ghats, probably has some local name that i am not aware of

Click to view attachment
Reeth
a couple of more pics of Victoria falls.......

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

One more............unknown

Click to view attachment

COOL!!!...............i'd love to live there biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.