Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Football Fans Here?
Hamara Forums > General > Sports
Pages: 1, 2, 3
visuja
Nature-ji, aapko football ka aerodymnamic CFD hi mila dikhaane ko ! doh.gif

People see football for different reasons.. some for able bodied men and then, some for the gals who come to support those men ! Waise football hi nahiin, hum to tennis bhi isiiliye dekhte hain ! biggrin.gif

I vote for Germany... so far. Waiting for Brazil's QF match with Spain / France too see their form.
Ashraf
Germany or Spain or any team may win the world cup.
But nobody can win the heart like Brazilians.
When they play with their heart it is a magic
some thing that no other team can give.

I just love Brazil..the kings of Football
the way I love Rafi saab,Lataji,Kishoreda,Mukesh ji & hfm.

Wishing them all the best for the next 4 matches.

visuja
Australia were quite unlucky to lose out to Italy. Quite commendable that they managed to keep Italy at bay almost the whole of 90 minutes, and could have been anybody's game in extra time. Awarding a penalty at the last minute to Italy for the foul seemed quite harsh sad1.gif

As for the Swiss who missed 3 penalty shots.... doh.gif
Talaikya
Yep ill fated matches those... I hate it when it gets to PKs, seems so unfair rather like luck of draw.

Looking forward to Brazil - Ghana tomorrow, that should be something!
sri
Some teams have it easy...fortune smiles on them.

Looks like Italy will surely go through to the semis...if they play to their potential...should not be difficult for them to beat Ukraine in the quarter-finals

The Argentina-Germany match will be a 'semi-final' or even 'final' class match - unfortunately they are meeting in the quarter finals itself. Based on their play so far....both these teams have the calibre to be 'finalists'

Sri
deep750
QUOTE(visuja @ Jun 27 2006, 08:20 AM) *

Australia were quite unlucky to lose out to Italy. Quite commendable that they managed to keep Italy at bay almost the whole of 90 minutes, and could have been anybody's game in extra time. Awarding a penalty at the last minute to Italy for the foul seemed quite harsh sad1.gif

Aussies unlucky kahe ke? They were lucky that materazzi was sent off for a tackle that was NO more than yellow. Italy ruled the game untill the sending off.

Hope Brazil loses badly against Ghana today cool.gif

Forza Italia!!!
Ashraf
QUOTE(deep750 @ Jun 27 2006, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(visuja @ Jun 27 2006, 08:20 AM) *

Aussies unlucky kahe ke? They were lucky that materazzi was sent off for a tackle that was NO more than yellow. Italy ruled the game untill the sending off.

Hope Brazil loses badly against Ghana today cool.gif

Forza Italia!!!

Deep bhai.Dream on.Every body has the right to dream(the impossible) biggrin.gif
deep750
dekhte hain. If brazil doesnt play better than they have, it is likely that they loose. Ghana can surprise, and I hope africas pride can continue further...
Anil4
WE WAZ ROBBED !!!!!!!!!!!

.......in the game’s dying moments.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi.
deep750
what did they steal? tongue1.gif
Anil4
QUOTE(deep750 @ Jun 27 2006, 05:54 PM) *

what did they steal? tongue1.gif

Deep

The opportunity to go right as far as the semi-final in my opinion !!!!!

Soccer is not a mainstream sport in Australia, but after an absence of 32 years , this team did the country proud.

Anil
deep750
saale angrej wink2.gif they weren't good enough, thus they lost.
Hope england will be humiliated in the game against protugal.

Angrejis cant play football even they invented it tongue1.gif
NATURE
brasil won, france won ... too good, oh god u r so kind ... bow.gif
i am so happy nimbu ... so so so so soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy !!!

jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

i love u france !!! vive la france ...
nimmi ji, i wanna give treat to all hfians, plz do come to bombay. i will serve a cup of black tea and
if u want then a packet of hide & seek biscuit to every 1 ... i invite u all !!! bow.gif

QUOTE(sri @ Jun 27 2006, 01:22 PM) *

Some teams have it easy...fortune smiles on them.

Looks like Italy will surely go through to the semis...if they play to their potential...should not be difficult for them
to beat Ukraine in the quarter-finals

The Argentina-Germany match will be a 'semi-final' or even 'final' class match - unfortunately they are meeting
in the quarter finals itself. Based on their play so far....both these teams have the calibre to be 'finalists'

Sri

bahut sahi kahaa aapne sri ji ... next xciting matches will be: argentina v. germany and france v. brasil
let's see what happens ... i am very nervous now. don't know what will happen 2morrow, but am happy 2day rotate1.gif

QUOTE(deep750 @ Jun 27 2006, 07:51 PM) *

saale angrej wink2.gif they weren't good enough, thus they lost.
Hope england will be humiliated in the game against protugal.

Angrejis cant play football even they invented it tongue1.gif

why r u against angrez ??? woh log (bhaarat mein) raaz kiye isliye ? aap kahaan se hai ? naarwe yaa norway ? tongue1.gif
Flex001
It didn't quite go how I wanted, but hey, 5 out of 8 ain't so bad!

Germany vs Argentina
Italy vs Ukraine
England vs Portugal
Brazil vs France

I hope the semis look like this with Argentina and Brazil progressing to the finals:

Argentina vs Italy
Brazil vs Portugal
Talaikya
Germany / Argentina vs Brazil ... but then I guess 99% of the folks would predict that huh?
deep750
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jun 27 2006, 11:10 PM) *

why r u against angrez ??? woh log (bhaarat mein) raaz kiye isliye ? aap kahaan se hai ? naarwe yaa norway ? tongue1.gif

It isnt because they ruled india, but it is a factor for not liking them. angrez along with the french people appear to be sooo nonchalant. They try to give the image of being perfect, by appearing as never commiting any mistakes... angry.gif

hope portugal gets to the final and meets argetina or italy in the finale.

yep im from norway, but since indians pronounce it as naarwe ... tongue1.gif
Ashraf
Oh Brazil

Now your time has come.Dont you remember mexico86.......Ziko missing penalty....Finally beaten by the French in the shoot out....Though you were the best team in the competition you were thrown out by fate....Dont you remember france98....those 3 goals from French in the final....Now it is your turn...pls do it for millions of Brazil fans...We don't mind if Brazil does n't win another cup...But to win the next match is very very important...Wish you all all the best.

Brazilian fan
Anil4
QUOTE(Ashraf @ Jun 29 2006, 11:36 AM) *

Oh Brazil

.Dont you remember mexico86.......Ziko missing penalty....Finally beaten by the French in the shoot out....Though you were the best team in the competition you were thrown out by fate....
Brazilian fan

Ashraf

Zico did miss that penalty in regulation time but did not miss his penalty in the shoot-out.

Remember the ever confident Socrates ? He stood just one step behind the ball and kicked right into the hands of French goalkeeper.

Anil
princeali
I really hope Brazil gets knocked out either in the quarters or the semi's......I think out of England or Portugal, England if they play to their potential has a better chance of beating Brazil if that's a possible semi-final matchup. Then again don't count out France, they have the experience and can pull off an upset against Brazil.

I was happy Del Piero got the start but none of the Italian forwards have played to their potential.....they have by far the best defence in the world, no team can score against them easily.....Iaquinta is a useless forward, I don't know what Lippi sees in him, Inzaghi should have come on for Gili last match and I hope he gets to play in the match vs Ukraine.

I know this is never going to happen but I would put DP and Totti together along with Toni, and watch out everyone, if Toni comes out of his slump, he will be a FORCE.

I hope Portugal get knocked out by England, I didn't like the way they played against Holland and they should go home.

An Italy-Argentina semi matchup would be thrilling, and so would Italy-Germany.

Brazil can be defeated, if chances go your way and you have a strong defence, they will find it hard, unfortunately all the teams they have faced don't have a really strong defence.

If Brazil makes it to the finals, an Italy-Brazil matchup would be awesome and then hopefully Italy can come through and take it biggrin.gif.

FORZA ITALIA !!
deep750
i agree, iaquinta realy sucked last game.The reason for using iaquinta and not pippo last game is probably because pippo is a typically box-player. He cant do much on his own, he is more a player that just is on the right place at the right time, and scores many goales. Against the aussies, italy needed someone who could hold on to the ball as they were one less than their opponents, so the midfield would get enough time to come after to attack. but as iaquinta played worse than I could have, it didn't work very well wink2.gif
read that pippo might be teamed up with toni on top for italy against ukraine, but that lippi might try the same formation as against czech-rep 4-4-1-1 with toni alone on top with totti behind. so hope they play 4-4-2 with pippo inzaghi and luca toni/Gila on top biggrin.gif

forza azzuri!!
Reeth
Nail biting suspense tonight as germans take on argentinians........
I hope germans do not underestimate their opponents as argen..are a formidable lot.
I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed......!!!!
Talaikya
Too early for this but...
Not penalty kicks oh God!!!
Anil4
Start of second half. Argentina has scored !!!!!!!!
Talaikya
afraid.gif My Klinsmann & Ballack wub.gif wub.gif going ??

On the positive side... Maybe history in the making... Sri's wish fructifying???

PS: Klose strikes and equalises afraid.gif = biting mah nails!

sigh.gif PKs it is sigh.gif

That hurt cry.gif Either way it would've hurt sigh.gif
sri
Tragedy strikes the world cup...as expected

the robots won....the footballers lost

as usual - germany with their style-less play win again (though to give them some credit their equalising goal was very good - the only time during the 120 mins they showed some class !!)

the argentines were certainly better footballers....and a great sight to watch....but sadly they are out now
goodbye football !!
sad.gif
Sri
Talaikya
Oh c'mon Sri... there's still Brazil and this was just a draw of the luck. Also Germany haven't been so very robotic this time around (the tournament) to my mind; but as is usual with me, I enjoy more than I know biggrin.gif
sri
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jun 30 2006, 11:23 PM) *
Oh c'mon Sri... there's still Brazil and this was just a draw of the luck. Also Germany haven't been so very robotic this time around to my mind; but as is usual with me, I enjoy more than I know biggrin.gif

yes...there's Brazil of course....but in my opinion Argentina was playing a better brand of football - sometimes really breathtaking - in this world cup. clap1.gif
And as we get closer to the finals...teams tend to become more careful and less entertaining.....anyway here's to Brazil now !! thumbs-up.gif

smile.gif
Sri
NATURE
QUOTE(sri @ Jul 1 2006, 12:17 AM) *

Tragedy strikes the world cup...as expected

the robots won....the footballers lost

as usual - germany with their style-less play win again (though to give them some credit their equalising goal
was very good - the only time during the 120 mins they showed some class !!)

the argentines were certainly better footballers....and a great sight to watch....but sadly they are out now
goodbye football !!
sad.gif
Sri

yeah, sri ... u r right. both of the teams played very well, but i am slightly unhappy. i don't know
why am i lil bit upset. sometimes, i feel in my subconcious mind, there is a supporter of argentina ..
i liked both the teams but from the day, i heard that german use tricks to win the matches, some are
legal tricks and some are illegal. i was disappointed by the later one ...

no doubt klose, podolski are very good players but messi, tevez are genious players ...

let me ask all the football lovers: are the germans very good in using the illegal tricks ?
( more than any other team) YES or NO ???

----------------------------
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jul 1 2006, 12:23 AM) *

Oh c'mon Sri... there's still Brazil and this was just a draw of the luck. Also Germany haven't been so very
robotic this time around (the tournament) to my mind; but as is usual with me, I enjoy more than I know biggrin.gif

yeah, u r very true. the match was so xciting that there so no seat left in the theatre, housefull
they(both) played well, they(none) never reached the penalty shoot out situation in the history ...
i enjoyed that match. argentina, the only team that can give brasil a fight.
but i guess bad things happened to argentinaian ...

1. that free kick
2. that yellow card
3. the previous goalkeeper went back, i think argentina needed him at that time ...

even the german supporters were saying: " 1. & 2. are wrong, injustice " ...
let's see what happens in the next match: bra v. fra ...
----------------- editing -----------------------

QUOTE(princeali @ Jun 30 2006, 02:04 AM) *

FORZA ITALIA !!

forza italia ( the other t ) !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
haa haa !!! i am loving it. u must be a big fan of italy, sorry italia ... tongue1.gif
so, finally they have won by 3-0 ... nice !!! congrats man !!! their defence is quite good, but semi final would be
a tough competition, rite dude ? anyway, forza italia ... laugh.gif ( but i am neutral now )
deep750
glad italia made it, but also feel that ukraine was unlucky not to score a singe goal. but on the other side I'm glad Shevchenko lost, dont like him after he left Milan for Chelsea
Nimii
NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tease.gif rollf.gif
Ashraf
QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Jun 29 2006, 12:28 PM) *

Zico did miss that penalty in regulation time but did not miss his penalty in the shoot-out.

Remember the ever confident Socrates ? He stood just one step behind the ball and kicked right into the hands of French goalkeeper.

Anil

Anil ji.I have nt seen that match live.But I heared a lot about that and saw some highlights.I heared that Brazil played the best football and lost it at the end.Always unlucky

I really hope Brazil gets knocked out either in the quarters or the semi's......I think out of England or Portugal, England if they play to their potential has a better chance of beating Brazil if that's a possible semi-final matchup. Then again don't count out France, they have the experience and can pull off an upset against Brazil.

Prince bhai

I have just a fear for France only..not because of their footballing ability.They are the luckiest of team in the whole world.Just an example their match against Spain.Spain was the better team in any count.But they failed bcs luck was against them.England is nothing infront of Brazil.England is over over rated team.At present only Germany is a team to be feared.Then again ur argument regarding the defence.Brazil has beaten England in the last world cup quarter final, Germany last confederation cup s/final, Argentina last confederation cup final.All these team have weak defence?So your argument does nt make sense.Only my fear is bad luck that happened to Argentina yesterday.
Talaikya
Time to start crying Sri? Suddenly France and Italy are looking good. afraid.gif
Nimii
He he he!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
sri
Shock defeat for Brazil !!!!

But cannot grudge France their victory - they were the better team today !

Zizou ...whatta player.....lovely kick to Henry to score a great goal...but more than that ..they controlled the game today ...didn;t give Brazil a chance

Was this the same team which drew against Switzerland ????

Maybe it will be a France - Germany final ..methinks

Sri

But i would have preferred France Vs Argentina !!
august
france goes ahead and brazil goes out.. 1-0 sad.gif

i am all angry about ronaldo and his game today..

and mad about not covering henry at that crucial moment ...

sri, i wish france goes against germany...

Talaikya
They were good weren't they? They've been looking better and better. Yep... Italy looked good against Ukraine, so we're probably in for Germany - France. I've gotta choose between Zidane and Klinsmann!! wub.gif biggrin.gif

Ps: yep Auggie, Ronaldo was a rock today wasn't he and I don't mean that in a stable way!
NATURE
he he he !!! france won the match, i better say zidane won the match ... hip hip, hurrey !!!
i love u france, vive la france ... jump.gif ... zidane, IPB Image

but IPB Image brasil lost the match, i am unhappy ... i love them too. sad1.gif

but liked the match. jump.gif what a performance 2day, even if brasil won the match
everybody would be satisfied by frence performance ... hai naa ???
--------------------------------------------
QUOTE(deep750 @ Jun 28 2006, 02:51 PM) *

angrez along with the french people appear to be sooo nonchalant. They try to give the image of being
perfect, by appearing as never commiting any mistakes... angry.gif

QUOTE(Ashraf @ Jul 1 2006, 04:34 PM) *

I have just a fear for France only..not because of their footballing ability.They are the luckiest of team in
the whole world.

--> aap log angrezo ke khilaaf kyun hai bhai ? aur française ne kya kiyaa ? what did they do ? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
except the fact that britain ruled over 62 countries ... laugh.gif laugh.gif but did they do any over injustice in soccer ???
i am not sure.
--------------------------
QUOTE(sri @ Jul 2 2006, 03:30 AM) *

Maybe it will be a France - Germany final ..methinks

Sri

But i would have preferred France Vs Argentina !!

i say: France v. Italy will be the final ... laugh.gif

forza italia
, hai naa princeali saheb ??? laugh.gif
---------------------------

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jul 2 2006, 03:34 AM) *

They were good weren't they? They've been looking better and better. Yep... Italy looked good against
Ukraine, so we're probably in for Germany - France. I've gotta choose between Zidane and Klinsmann!! wub.gif biggrin.gif

Ps: yep Auggie, Ronaldo was a rock today wasn't he and I don't mean that in a stable way!

--> u are about two choose between zidane & klinsmann ??? u compare them ? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
zidane is zidane, the commentators say: " so easy for him ", the people say " he is a one man show "
and i say "you go for zidane" ... laugh.gif laugh.gif
really impressed by their performance, even french opponents started liking them ..
------------------------
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jul 1 2006, 08:18 AM) *

NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tease.gif rollf.gif

tussi mussi ki khichaai kar rahi ho ? sad1.gif to ye lo IPB Image IPB Image
ab mussi bhi tussi ki khichaai karungaa ...
i thought all the soccer lovers will support argentina when they fight against germany.
par tussi exception ho ji ... tongue1.gif
u know argentina is a wonderful team. they have genious players
and germany has good and tricky players, without using tricks u know they can't win. IPB Image
sorry, nimmi ji. budaa mat maano. just teasing u ... nothing serious, cause i like germany too ...
Flex001
France deserved the win they played the better football and seem to be peaking just at the right time. Brazil were a real let down man!

Nimii
ussi mussi ki khichaai kar rahi ho ? sad1.gif to ye lo IPB Image IPB Image
ab mussi bhi tussi ki khichaai karungaa ...
i thought all the soccer lovers will support argentina when they fight against germany.
par tussi exception ho ji ... tongue1.gif
u know argentina is a wonderful team. they have genious players
and germany has good and tricky players, without using tricks u know they can't win.
sorry, nimmi ji. budaa mat maano. just teasing u ... nothing serious, cause i like germany too ...

Na na Nature me not taking what u say seriously biggrin.gif But I am so glad that the game is going unpredictable!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

clap1.gif clap1.gif Dekhenge kaun jeet tha hai.. 9th July is one such day!!!

N biggrin.gif
Reeth
With Argentine and Brass out, it looks like a France n Germany confrontation.............and i guess Germans can handle France
very well..........
Almost sure of the outcome.......

AzgarKhan
Brazil was really disappointing, they were so defensive while france was attacking. France deserved the victory and ZIDANE did so well.

Brazil and Argentina are both out of worldcup.

My favorite is Germany. I hope they win!!
Nimii
Azgarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrahhhhhhhhhhhh clap1.gif clap1.gif yipeeeeeeeeee you are with me re!!

N jump.gif
princeali
QUOTE(Ashraf @ Jul 1 2006, 06:04 AM) *

Prince bhai

I have just a fear for France only..not because of their footballing ability.They are the luckiest of team in the whole world.Just an example their match against Spain.Spain was the better team in any count.But they failed bcs luck was against them.England is nothing infront of Brazil.England is over over rated team.At present only Germany is a team to be feared.Then again ur argument regarding the defence.Brazil has beaten England in the last world cup quarter final, Germany last confederation cup s/final, Argentina last confederation cup final.All these team have weak defence?So your argument does nt make sense.Only my fear is bad luck that happened to Argentina yesterday.

Ashraf bhai,

IMO I don't think France is lucky, France proved in their win over Brazil that they are a great team, they have the experience and the resources to stop any team in the world. There should be no excuses for Brazil losing the game, they could not score because the defensive tactics of France were great.

About defence, here was my orignal point:

Brazil can be defeated, if chances go your way and you have a strong defence, they will find it hard, unfortunately all the teams they have faced don't have a really strong defence.

I was proved right. I had mentioned that so far in this tournament Brazil did not get tested by the best defensive teams, I am not talking about previous years such as the QF against England or the C Cup that you brought up nor did I talk about Argentina, Germany, England with respect to defence.

If you look at Croatia, Australia, Japan, Ghana, these teams are traditionally not known to be that great on defence, and France was the first real test Brazil had, and they couldn't get passed them. Brazil came into this tourney thinking they couldn't be stopped, and they were.

I said England had a better chance if they faced Brazil (if that was the case) instead of Portugal because I think they are a better team than Portugal, and I don't really fancy Portugal, for me they are a cheap team who only know how to hurt the opposition. Talking about luck, I think that term should apply to the Portuguese, as they have been lucky to reach where they are. England have always been traditionally bad on penalty kicks, but if you saw the game, you could see how they controlled more of the flanks, were better on defence and were causing problems for Portugal with their pace.

I don't really fear Germany, honestly I don't find them that great, Argentina was the better team. They will find it difficult to break the Azzuri Wall, and now that Totti is almost 100% and Toni is finally back on track, the German's better watch out. One thing that will help them and motivate them will be the home crowd and the fact that they have never lost at Dortmund.

I am very happy that France made it through, everyone was expecting Brazil to make it to the semi's and France came through, I hope they make the Finals and kick Portugal really hard.

Looking forward to an Italy-France Final ! smile1.gif.....and then ofcourse an Italy win tongue1.gif.
Ashraf
Prince Ali bhai

I also agreed that France was better team against Brazil.Why I told France is lucky team.In Euro 2000 France has got a lot of decisions going their way .

Let me give few example

1. the wrong Penalty they got against Portugal in semifinal extra time(golden goal)

2. Equalising goal against Portugal in same match which was a clear offside.

3.Injury time (93rd minut) equaliser against Italy in the final.

4.This worldcup quarter against Spain wrong free kick given and goal beside Span dominated the entire match.

Their african born defenders were using their body against the stylish players and Refrees were blind.Any way Zidane is a class player and what ever France is achieved is due to him.Once he and his senior collegues retire after the world cup we can see the fate of France where Brazil will remain in the top for years to come.I consider the teams like Holland which was(and still is) among the top teams always and still did nt win a cup(missed out in 74 and 78).Same applies for Spain also.

I say that rather than France's victory it was defeat of Brazil.Brazil coach is to be blamed for their defencive tactics.Brazil was playing like they have some divine right to reach in the final.Same Brazil without Ronaldo,Carlos and Cafu won the Confederation cup.This time the veteren horses and the coach cost heavily for Brazil.Don't doubt attacking calibre of Brazil.They have many many youngers coming up and even in the defeat that is something to cheer about.

Now hoping on our little brothers Portugal.Your argument about that match(Port-Eng) is biased one..Portugal had a ball possession of 62% and 20 shots on goal.From this itself one can estimate who played better.

Finally the teams which attracted me in this world cup(though I could nt see many matches) Ivory cost,Ghana and Portugal just because of their stylish and attacking football.
NATURE
QUOTE(princeali @ Jul 3 2006, 11:00 AM) *

Ashraf bhai,

IMO I don't think France is lucky, France proved in their win over Brazil that they are a great team, they
have the experience and the resources to stop any team in the world. There should be no excuses for
Brazil losing the game, they could not score because the defensive tactics of France were great.

--> excellent princeali saheb !!! well said. clap1.gif france did well, so they won. i loved their performance
especially zidane dominated the match. i am so happy ... jump.gif

Looking forward to an Italy-France Final ! smile1.gif.....and then ofcourse an Italy win tongue1.gif.

that too i predicted. france v. italy final, don't know what will happen. forza italia !!! laugh.gif
but no, don't go for italy. go for france, plz plz plz ... tongue1.gif vive la française !!!
---------------------------------------
QUOTE(Ashraf @ Jul 3 2006, 12:20 PM) *

Prince Ali bhai

I also agreed that France was better team against Brazil.Why I told France is lucky team.In Euro 2000
France has got a lot of decisions going their way .

euro 2000 ? but i am talking about fifa 2006 ... well, who are lucky then ???
i guess germany and portugal. i like portugal, but england was unlucky that day. let me give some
counter examples ... tongue1.gif

against germany, argentina being unlucky:
1. that free kick, do u think it was a justice ?
2. that yellow card, it was against germany but the referee favored them, why ?
3. the goalkeeper ... oh, no !!! sad1.gif he should have been there till the penalty shoot out ...
4. messi didn't play, so sad ...

in favor of england
1. becham left, rooney left.
2. some decisions were against england
3. they were much better in defence. and i think terry is a very good defender. portugal got so
many golden opportunities but couldn't make it though, why ? because of british defence. but finally
portugal won, so we may feel they are better ...

i am not suporting england. but i want to accept the negaitve points of my prefered teams. don't u ? tongue1.gif
------------------------------------

Their african born defenders were using their body against the stylish players and Refrees were blind.Any
way Zidane is a class player and what ever France is achieved is due to him.Once he and his senior
collegues retire after the world cup we can see the fate of France where Brazil will remain in the top for
years to come.I consider the teams like Holland which was(and still is) among the top teams always and
still did nt win a cup(missed out in 74 and 78).Same applies for Spain also.

yeah. zidane is a class player, i like his style like i do ronaldinho, messi, tevez, terry, gerrard's ...
i don't see the same in germany. r u talking about podolski & kolse ? they are no where around
messi, zidane & tevez at least ... i don't know why people love germany so much ... i love them too
but there is no point of favoring them when we have teams like brasil & argentina ...
-------------------------------------

I say that rather than France's victory it was defeat of Brazil.

that's quite true. cause the victory is relative. if u win, it could be yr strongness and my weakness ...
-------------------------------------
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jul 2 2006, 04:41 PM) *

Azgarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrahhhhhhhhhhhh clap1.gif clap1.gif yipeeeeeeeeee you are with me re!!

N jump.gif

to tussi germany ki support mein ho ??? sad1.gif sad1.gif ... mussi itnaa kyun tussi ko samjhaa rahaa hoon.
tussi jo chaahe woh karo, germany ke support mein raho parantu kamse kam brasil aur argentina ko to
zyadaa support karo ... sad1.gif sad1.gif
aur jabtak zidane hai tabtak podolski ke baaremein mat socho ... is he cute ? tongue1.gif
Nimii
No no me no support countries u support Nature laugh.gif

Haan Podolski wub.gif

N tongue1.gif
princeali
QUOTE(Ashraf @ Jul 3 2006, 01:50 AM) *

Prince Ali bhai

I also agreed that France was better team against Brazil.Why I told France is lucky team.In Euro 2000 France has got a lot of decisions going their way .

Let me give few example

1. the wrong Penalty they got against Portugal in semifinal extra time(golden goal)

2. Equalising goal against Portugal in same match which was a clear offside.

3.Injury time (93rd minut) equaliser against Italy in the final.

4.This worldcup quarter against Spain wrong free kick given and goal beside Span dominated the entire match.

Their african born defenders were using their body against the stylish players and Refrees were blind.Any way Zidane is a class player and what ever France is achieved is due to him.Once he and his senior collegues retire after the world cup we can see the fate of France where Brazil will remain in the top for years to come.I consider the teams like Holland which was(and still is) among the top teams always and still did nt win a cup(missed out in 74 and 78).Same applies for Spain also.

I say that rather than France's victory it was defeat of Brazil.Brazil coach is to be blamed for their defencive tactics.Brazil was playing like they have some divine right to reach in the final.Same Brazil without Ronaldo,Carlos and Cafu won the Confederation cup.This time the veteren horses and the coach cost heavily for Brazil.Don't doubt attacking calibre of Brazil.They have many many youngers coming up and even in the defeat that is something to cheer about.

Now hoping on our little brothers Portugal.Your argument about that match(Port-Eng) is biased one..Portugal had a ball possession of 62% and 20 shots on goal.From this itself one can estimate who played better.

Finally the teams which attracted me in this world cup(though I could nt see many matches) Ivory cost,Ghana and Portugal just because of their stylish and attacking football.

Ashraf bhai,

I understand what you're saying.....however I was focusing on the current WC and not past tourney's but I get what you're saying about previous tourney's and France. I was so upset when France won Euro 2000 against Italy, and Del Piero missed those two chances, now if they meet up in the Final, it will be Italy's turn to set the record straight.

Yup Zidane is the center of the French team, and it will be interesting to see how they cope without him, in fact he came out of retirement to lead this French team in the WC and now they are in the semi's, something no one would have predicted this time around.

I never doubted Brazil's attacking calibre, in fact if I was the coach, I wouldn't have played the team they played through the whole match, I would have put in some more effective youngsters who could have given the team a boost in the second half instead of relying on the same group. I was just pointing out that they had not been tested throughout the tourney, and France was their first test, and in the end it showed.

I know Ronaldo scored three goals (mostly set-up) but he was slowing down the team, I don't think he should have been the number 1 striker. From the time he played in the Champions League with Real Madrid, he was not fully fit and def. not the same player he was in 02, there were other better options as well as players such as Fabiano or Oliviera waiting in the wings who were not chosen in the squad. However Parriera chose to stick with him and he should have stuck to playing him one half and seeing how he progressed.

Brazil scored against weaker oppositions, and against France they were truly tested. It's interesting that France has gotten the better of Brazil on most encounters after the 98 Final. Parriera was the same Brazilian coach that led the team to a victory in 94, and this time he had arguably a much better team, but when the test came they could not gel together. France were solid in defence and didn't allow too many opportunities for Brazil which is why subs should have been made. Anyways, it will be interesting to see who the next coach of Brazil is since in the past, Brazil has had a habit of changing their coaches after each WC.

IMO Ball Possession doesn't matter in some of the matches for ex. that Italy played, they had less ball possession but it was the chances they created, the opportunities of scoring that they had, how they controlled the flanks and their midfield that mattered in the end, and ofcourse the scoreline. Portugal was clearly troubled by England in the match and England had chances to take the game away, and Ericksson would finally win against Scolari, something he hasn't been able to do in previous years, but it was not to be. Ofcourse everyone has their own views, and these are mine based on the match.

Yes Holland is a class team, wish they had gone further in this tourney, Ghana played well, probably would have gone further if they didn't face Brazil in the second round, Spain was expected to go further but as always they choked in the next round after playing well in the group stages, they have a good group of youngsters for the future.

Forza Italia !!!!!

Regards

Ali
princeali
QUOTE(deep750 @ Jun 30 2006, 06:43 AM) *

i agree, iaquinta realy sucked last game.The reason for using iaquinta and not pippo last game is probably because pippo is a typically box-player. He cant do much on his own, he is more a player that just is on the right place at the right time, and scores many goales. Against the aussies, italy needed someone who could hold on to the ball as they were one less than their opponents, so the midfield would get enough time to come after to attack. but as iaquinta played worse than I could have, it didn't work very well wink2.gif
read that pippo might be teamed up with toni on top for italy against ukraine, but that lippi might try the same formation as against czech-rep 4-4-1-1 with toni alone on top with totti behind. so hope they play 4-4-2 with pippo inzaghi and luca toni/Gila on top biggrin.gif

forza azzuri!!

I feel so sad seeing Del Piero being reduced to a sub and not even featuring in some games. That's how much riches the Azzuri have, that a player of his calibre is on the bench. Other teams would jump at the thought of getting a Del Piero playing for them.

What do you think about the Germany match, will Lippi opt for the lone Toni up front or will he bring Gila back. This is a stronger opposition, I think Toni should get support upfront with another striker, and then Totti right behind them now that he is almost fully fit.

DP needs to sub for one of the strikers, forget bringing him on for Totti, they should play together, something Lippi hasn't tried yet, and Pippo can come on for another striker if needed.
deep750
italy played with these players in last nights practice game:

Team one: Buffon; Oddo, Nesta, Barzagli, Zaccardo; Gattuso, Pirlo, Perrotta; Totti, Toni, Iaquinta.

Team two: Peruzzi: Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Grosso; Camoranesi, Barone, De Rossi; Gilardino, Inzaghi, Del Piero

If I would make a guess for the starting lineup based on these teams:

Buffon; Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Grosso; Gattuso, Pirlo, Perrotta; Totti; Toni, Iaquinta.

hope that iaquinta aint starting. dont feel he is good enough for the starting 11, would rather like to see gila or pippo.

Forza Italia!
princeali
QUOTE(deep750 @ Jul 4 2006, 06:43 AM) *

italy played with these players in last nights practice game:

Team one: Buffon; Oddo, Nesta, Barzagli, Zaccardo; Gattuso, Pirlo, Perrotta; Totti, Toni, Iaquinta.

Team two: Peruzzi: Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Grosso; Camoranesi, Barone, De Rossi; Gilardino, Inzaghi, Del Piero

If I would make a guess for the starting lineup based on these teams:

Buffon; Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Grosso; Gattuso, Pirlo, Perrotta; Totti; Toni, Iaquinta.

hope that iaquinta aint starting. dont feel he is good enough for the starting 11, would rather like to see gila or pippo.

Forza Italia!

That's how the starting lineup has been with Gili usually in place of Iaquinta....I also feel Iaquinta's not that great in fact he shouldn't have even been in the squad, Cassano should have been in his place. Nesta will be missed in this game, but Materazzi has been good in his place.

I really hope DP gets to play, he's hungry for a chance to shine in this tourney.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.