Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rolling Back The Years With Lata Mangeshkar
Hamara Forums > Legends > Lata Mangeshkar
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
unni
I had over 2500 songs of Lata-ji on the hard-drive that crashed, though I would've heard only half of them! Fortunately, I had copied them on CDs and given them to my brother in India --- so they were not permanently lost.

But while trying to restore on computer my collection of Lata-ji's songs, I chose just those songs that I like most. As of now, I have put together close to 275 selected songs from 1948 to 1998, and tagged them with year/film name/music director. Most of them are popular, easy-to-find songs, and there are just a handful of rare ones. They are taken from film discs, CDs, audio-tapes, vinyls and HF uploads. I've checked each track for sound-quality, sound-edited them as required, and adjusted the volume to the 'default' of GoldWave.

Please let me know if it is of interest to you, whether you'd like me to upload them, in case you'd also like to build up a collection, in chronological order, of many of Lata-ji's finest songs through the years (upto 1987 only, due to forum rules).

sri
unni - of course...we'll be interested ! what a question ?

How many rare ones - as per your list ? You could start with them ...in any order...maybe chronologically, if possible ...otherwise alphabetically...which should be easier

sri

august
that is very nice of you Unni ji!
these days i am also cataloging all my songs.

its rather boring job but if one has to have so many songs, some system is required. smile.gif
unni
QUOTE(sri @ Apr 8 2006, 07:34 AM) *
unni - of course...we'll be interested ! what a question ?

How many rare ones - as per your list ? You could start with them ...in any order...maybe chronologically, if possible ...otherwise alphabetically...which should be easier

sri

Sri,

I have them filed chronologically, since the idea was to create a collection of her songs through the years, sort of a musical record of the progression of her glorious singing career. And I chose songs that appealed to me, not just because they are rare.

Even the rarer ones may not be 'rare' for HF members, songs such as "Bazuband Khul Khul Jaaye", "Dar Dar Ki Thokrein Hain", "Pyar Ki Yeh Talkhiyan", "Subah Ka Intezaar", "Abhi Tau Mein Jawaan Hoon", "Chali Ja Chali Ja", "Do Din Ke Liye Mehmaan Yahaan", "Preetam Meri Duniya Mein", "Duniya Hamarey Pyar Ki", "Chalta Rahein Yeh Karvaan", "Rotey Rotey Guzar Gayi", "Hamaare Baad Ab Mehfil Mein", "Kajrey Badarwa Re", etc.

If we commence this thread, it would be beneficial to all of us if members would contribute to it with additional songs for the respective years, and also provide better-sound-quality tracks than the ones I upload.
sri
Some preliminary ideas :

1. Only good songs should be considered ......not something for collectors to tick on their checklists.
We can live with your choice here biggrin.gif

2. Maybe we could start with an initial list from your side...and then populate it further as we go along, based on suggested additions which are PMed to you / suggested on the thread. But adding to the list should be done only by you

3. We should look for two sources at least - one from audio CD and one from the soundtrack (DVD/VCD)..and in case these are not upto the mark. then other sources - e.g., from gramophone record. Then TV. Last radio.

4. Once you indicate what you have...the gaps can be identified...and others can be asked to contribute the missing ones, provided they are absolutely sure of the source of the recording

5. Start with a manageable list ....say one particular year. Close this before moving on to the next year.

Sri
unni
QUOTE(sri @ Apr 8 2006, 08:04 AM) *
Some preliminary ideas :

1. Only good songs should be considered ......not something for collectors to tick on their checklists. We can live with your choice here biggrin.gif

Agree with you. But members may come up with suggestions/uploads of songs for the particular year. There are bound to be lots of lovely songs I would not have included.

2. Maybe we could start with an initial list from your side...and then populate it further as we go along, based on suggested additions which are PMed to you / suggested on the thread. But adding to the list should be done only by you.

Sure, we can start with my choices. But, to my thinking, no harm if members add with their suggestions/uploads. After all, my choices are not comprehensive and may not even be to everyone's liking, and members may suggest/add/prefer other songs in that year.

3. We should look for two sources at least - one from audio CD and one from the soundtrack (DVD/VCD)..and in case these are not upto the mark. then other sources - e.g., from gramophone record. Then TV. Last radio.

Totally agree with you. If a better-quality track is available, members' uploads would be greatly appreciated.

4. Once you indicate what you have...the gaps can be identified...and others can be asked to contribute the missing ones, provided they are absolutely sure of the source of the recording.

Lata-ji has sung so many thousands of songs. There would be tons of good songs missing. Let's count on members to remind and mention/upload tracks they feel deserve to be included.

5. Start with a manageable list ....say one particular year. Close this before moving on to the next year.

I could start with 1948, and members can suggest/provide additional songs for that year. Even if they suggest/provide them later, no problem. Hopefully they'll be tagged with year first, so that they get filed year-wise/alphabetically.

Sri
sani_thakur
QUOTE(unni @ Apr 8 2006, 07:40 AM) *

Even the rarer ones may not be 'rare' for HF members, songs such as "Bazuband Khul Khul Jaaye", "Dar Dar Ki Thokrein Hain", "Pyar Ki Yeh Talkhiyan", "Subah Ka Intezaar", "Abhi Tau Mein Jawaan Hoon", "Chali Ja Chali Ja", "Do Din Ke Liye Mehmaan Yahaan", "Preetam Meri Duniya Mein", "Duniya Hamarey Pyar Ki", "Chalta Rahein Yeh Karvaan", "Rotey Rotey Guzar Gayi", "Hamaare Baad Ab Mehfil Mein", "Kajrey Badarwa Re", etc.

U-ji -- this reminds me --- the song "Dar Dar Ke Thokrein" is not there in any of the CDs I got from CMC sad1.gif

This is a nice idea by the way.
Talaikya
Watching this thread, will contribute as best I can... whatever the two maharathis decide I'll go along with it. I have one request though, since while cataloguing my songs I find so many files for one song, which I am loath to delete summarily because I have found more than one version of the same song inadvertently. Can we keep this in mind too while deciding the modus operandi (I really really don't want to download several other copies of a similar file and back them up and...) sigh.gif

Sani - look for Dar dar ki thokarein in Shuklas ji's thread... it's been uploaded recently.
unni
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Apr 8 2006, 05:54 PM) *
Watching this thread, will contribute as best I can... whatever the two maharathis decide I'll go along with it. I have one request though, since while cataloguing my songs I find so many files for one song, which I am loath to delete summarily because I have found more than one version of the same song inadvertently. Can we keep this in mind too while decideing the modus operandi (I really really don't want to download several other copies of a similar file and back them up and...) sigh.gif

Often I download songs I know I already have, and in the process obtained better tracks. Then I delete the inferior one/s. But unless I download and listen and compare the tracks, most likely I wouldn't notice the difference!

I'm positive a Lata fan such as yourself would have most, perhaps all, of the songs in my compilation. As I'd mentioned, few of them are rare and even they may not be rare for ardent fans.

The songs in my chronological collection are listed in the attachments:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

mohd2004
Thanks a lot Unn-ji for initiating this lovely thread and compiling the list of songs of Lata Ji in chronological order. Will contribute.

Mohd.
unni
Rolling Back The Years - With Lata Mangeshkar
Five Melodious Decades (1948 - 1998)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
shuklas
Dears :

Absolutely precious thread. Thanks.

Shuklas
unni
I'd like to thank all those who encouraged me to commence this thread, and for your kind offers to contribute.

Click to view attachment
unni

Click to view attachment
unni

Click to view attachment
unni

Click to view attachment
unni

Click to view attachment
unni

Click to view attachment
unni

Click to view attachment

That completes my selections of Lata-ji's songs from 1948. Please feel free to suggest/upload additional songs.
sri
QUOTE(unni @ Apr 9 2006, 08:19 PM) *

That completes my selections of Lata-ji's songs from 1948. Please feel free to suggest/upload additional songs.

Unni,

I have a nice song of 1948 - which I got from you - my tag says it is a DVD rip
Mere phoolon mein chupi hai jawani - from the same film Anokha pyar 1948

Also, I wanted to let you know that Barsaat songs may have to re-classified since the film's release was in 1949.

Sri
unni
QUOTE(sri @ Apr 9 2006, 11:34 AM) *
QUOTE(unni @ Apr 9 2006, 08:19 PM) *

Unni,

I have a nice song of 1948 - which I got from you - my tag says it is a DVD rip
Mere phoolon mein chupi hai jawani - from the same film Anokha pyar 1948

Also, I wanted to let you know that Barsaat songs may have to re-classified since the film's release was in 1949.

Sri

Thanks, Sri. I got the year of "BARSAAT" from Earthmusic, but yes, it was released in 1949.

Please upload the song from "ANOKHA PYAR" since you already have it.
sri
ok ..will u/l 'meri phoolon mein'

meanwhile....there seem to be at least half a dozen songs of Lata in the film MAJBOOR 1948 ...with music of Ghulam Haider. Of these, one seems to have been quite a popular one.....'Dil mera toda, haye mujhe kahin ka na chhoda'

Does anyone have a good quality version of this song ?????

Sri
sri
Here's

Mere phoolon mein,Lata,Anokha pyar 1948,Anil Biswas-Behzad Lakhnavi - courtesy Unni

Sri
P.S. Just re-uploaded the song - with the file renamed to have the year in the beginning like your other files, unni
unni
Sri:

Here is the track I have of "Dil Mera Toda" preceded by a recording of Lata-ji introducing the song:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Priya
How abt rolling back the years on other fora too. mellow.gif
unni
QUOTE(priya @ Apr 9 2006, 12:44 PM) *
How abt rolling back the years on other fora too. mellow.gif

Me jezt gonna do dat, wunly, na? laugh.gif Sabr karo. glare.gif
maheshks
Unni Bhai,

Here is another version...courtesy...Ummer
kindly check both and remove the inferior one.

Lyrics : Nazim Panipati.
Music : Ghulam Haider.

Click to view attachment
Priya
Waise great idea. I have for eg 3000 + Asha songs and would be hard pressed to list 500 of her best forget abt chronologically. doh.gif
unni
QUOTE(priya @ Apr 9 2006, 12:51 PM) *
Waise great idea. I have for eg 3000 + Asha songs and would be hard pressed to list 500 of her best forget abt chronologically. doh.gif

Well then, get started on chronologically listing Lata-ji's sister's best songs. (This is appearing in the Lata forum, mind you glare.gif ). You'll be expected to contribute in no small measure. laugh.gif

Hint: Year of film can be obtained from UltraIndia Filmography and Earthmusic.

Priya
I am supposed to do the homeowrk for Ur thread on lataji's sister? ohmy.gif
U forget I have the VN book. closedeyes.gif

If U guys are hunting for any rare songs by the way, on this thread, U can gimme names to ask my collector.
unni
QUOTE(priya @ Apr 9 2006, 12:58 PM) *
I am supposed to do the homeowrk for Ur thread on lataji's sister? ohmy.gif

If U guys are hunting for any rare songs by the way, on this thread, U can gimme names to ask my collector.

Nuh-Nuh, Priye! You add songs to my impending thread, wunly! laugh.gif
Priya
wink2.gif rollf.gif

But I do that all the time!!!! biggrin.gif
ketadxb
Dear Unniji,
thanks for this beutyful song and all the efforts you are putting in this new thread

Regards
Keshav

QUOTE(unni @ Apr 9 2006, 06:14 PM) *

I'd like to thank all those who encouraged me to commence this thread, and for your kind offers to contribute.

Click to view attachment

Talaikya
So how does this work?? All of us will download everything, compare and make our own better uploads, to be downloaded by others for another comparison and... some of us might just upload our files w/o taking the time to compare, anyway we can make this process more effective?

For filling in the gaps we'll just upload whatever song we like or run it by U ji first??

I see myself being engulfed by files... drowning in a sea of music!!

unni
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Apr 9 2006, 02:38 PM) *
So how does this work?? All of us will download everything, compare and make our own better uploads, to be downloaded by others for another comparison and... some of us might just upload our files w/o taking the time to compare, anyway we can make this process more effective?

For filling in the gaps we'll just upload whatever song we like or run it by U ji first??

I see myself being engulfed by files... drowning in a sea of music!!

Unless you feel a track is particularly bad, and you happen to have a better copy, no need to go through all this rigmarole. laugh.gif

No need to run it by me. Suggestions/uploads are most welcome. smile.gif

We'll leave it to members to decide if they want to add any upload to their collection.

Talaikya
Yes but to decide which track is good... !!! That's the rigmarole na. Maybe if would help if you could name the source and the song length - however deceptive sad1.gif (the sad face, 'cause I know how you feel about it)
Priya
U guys really freaking out here!!!! ohmy.gif
unni
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Apr 9 2006, 02:48 PM) *
Yes but to decide which track is good... !!! That's the rigmarole na. Maybe if would help if you could name the source and the song length - however deceptive sad1.gif (the sad face, 'cause I know how you feel about it)

That's easy to answer: I wouldn't know the source of each and every song. laugh.gif

In fact, in some instances I rejected the recordings I'd copied from original CDs, since HF uploads or my cleaned version of the audio-tape recording sounded better.

As for song-length, it should be no problem to mention it.

I've made it a point to delete the blank sections before/after the song, because that's where hiss/disturbances are most noticeable.

unni
QUOTE(priya @ Apr 9 2006, 02:59 PM) *
U guys really freaking out here!!!! ohmy.gif

We're dealing with QUALITY music here! angry.gif

Needs to be treated with respect and care, wunly. glare.gif

Talaikya
That's the point na... QUALITY music. Many of these songs would have made the rounds before, the effort is now directed towards homing down on the best possible version of the creme de la creme of Lata. Isn't that something worth giving a little thought to??
unni
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Apr 9 2006, 03:04 PM) *
That's the point na... QUALITY music. Many of these songs would have made the rounds before, the effort is now directed towards homing down on the best possible version of the creme de la creme of Lata. Isn't that something worth giving a little thought to??

For which "All of us will download everything, compare and make our own better uploads, to be downloaded by others for another comparison and..." then we home down on the best possible version of the creme de la creme of Lata. biggrin.gif

I always knew you had the answer. laugh.gif

Talaikya
sigh.gif I must be the most misunderstood / miswhatever woman at this forum... goodbye cruel world that laughs at me so!! sobsob.gif
unni
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Apr 9 2006, 03:15 PM) *
sigh.gif I must be the most misunderstood / miswhatever woman at this forum... goodbye cruel world that laughs at me so!! sobsob.gif

But that's an Asha song, "Terey Jahaan Se Chal Diye"! laugh.gif

Too much of associating with the wrong types. angry.gif

Priya
U guys are bonkers.
If it sounds good keep it. If not chuck it.
I for one am still not sure abt what sounds best on comp also sounding best on music system.
Priya
QUOTE(unni @ Apr 10 2006, 01:03 AM) *
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Apr 9 2006, 03:15 PM) *

But that's an Asha song, "Terey Jahaan Se Chal Diye"! laugh.gif

Too much of associating with the wrong types. angry.gif

How do all ur threads turn into P-bashing ones. U need to see a shrink. Methinks U are obsessed. biggrin.gif

unni
QUOTE(priya @ Apr 9 2006, 03:38 PM) *

How do all ur threads turn into P-bashing ones.

As soon as you make your grand entrance, sweetie!

Priya
QUOTE(unni @ Apr 10 2006, 01:12 AM) *
QUOTE(priya @ Apr 9 2006, 03:38 PM) *

How do all ur threads turn into P-bashing ones.

As soon as you make your grand entrance, sweetie!

And me came here to help U muddled harassed souls. I have a long list that my collector sent me. Rare Lata songs. He even played some beauties for me on the phone in the vain hope that I would order Lata too.

As for Ur tendencies--keep a punching bag at home. For everytime U get an attack. angry.gif
Talaikya
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
unni
After that comic interlude by Agha and Tun-Tun, the heroine is back on screen, singing soulful numbers! laugh.gif

My selections for 1949*:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Note: Please remember to re-tag the songs of "BARSAAT" (1949 and not 1948).

august
unni ji,
thanks for these lovely gems!
i have versions of
1) aayega aanewala with kbps: 192 and size: 9.39 mb.
2) chup chup khade ho : 160 kbps. size: 3.49 mb
thye were ripped from cds.
may i upload them?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.