Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kachha Dhaaga
Hamara Forums > Legends > Lata Mangeshkar
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
unni
Lata-ji: "Abhi tho main jawaan hoon" (Film: AFSANA), music by Husnlal Bhagatram.

For old-timers, this song has a special appeal. It used to be the prelude to one of the programs of Radio Ceylon. But the line "Abhi tho main jawaan hoon" is, in my opinion, the copyright of Mallika Pukhraj!
unni
Although I have no technical knowledge of classical music, I have a fondness for semi-classical numbers from HFM. It was a sheer thrill to discover this song, and I hope you enjoy it equally:

"Bazooband khul khul jaaye" (Film: BAAZOOBAND), music by Mohammad Shafi and lyrics by Prem Dhawan.
unni
Yet another old Lata-ji classic: "Hoovi yeh hum se naadaani" from a 1954 film "CHOR BAZAAR", with music by Sardaar Malick (father of Anu Malick) and lyrics by the incomparable Shakeel Badayuni.

Bye for now.
unni
Talaikya-ji:

Please check out the sound quality and revert. It is a mono recording on the original album. Please let me know if the volume input has to be increased. To minimize distortion, I've started with minimum volume input.

Original recording in .wav has been converted to mp3/128 kbs and zipped in .rar.

Wah-wah, guru! (patting myself on the back).
Talaikya
QUOTE (unni @ May 27 2004, 12:22 AM)
Talaikya-ji:

Please check out the sound quality and revert. It is a mono recording on the original album. Please let me know if the volume input has to be increased. To minimize distortion, I've started with minimum volume input.

Original recording in .wav has been converted to mp3/128 kbs and zipped in .rar.

Wah-wah, guru! (patting myself on the back).

... and you deserve a pat! A great job...

Wonderful... I have these goose bumps as I listen to this song... thank you!

... and many thanks for all your uploads so far, at this moment Lata overwhelms me...

Talaikya
... Sooni mori bina, sangeet bina .... let's hope that never happens to anyone. unsure.gif
I think you have hit upon the correct formula... the sound is very clear because of the low volume and the file is small w/o losing quality by virtue of being a mono ...

Anyone who wants can now amplify it, convert it to stereo etc etc... there's some good music editing s/w out there. I use Cooledit, I know I barely use its many capabilities smile.gif

Wah janab, bahut shukriya badi meherbani... mazaa aa gaya!

Goodnight and god bless.
mohd2004

Thanks Unniji Excellent songs. Maza agaya......

Mohd.
unni
Talaikya-ji:

Here's Lata-ji from the lap of the Himalayas. Especially today, I couldn't resist this "kankariya maarney waala gaana". Heh! Heh!
unni
Talaikya:

Here's the song from "VISHWAAS", captured from the anthar-raashtriya jaal.
unni
Talikya:

The song from "YAADGAAR", also captured from the internet.
unni
Talaikya:

This one from "AULAD", from the internet.
unni
Talaikya:

This one from "BAWARCHI", from the www.
unni
Talaikya:

This track I had in my collection, from "PARASMANI"
unni
Talaikya:

"Morni re morni" from "PRATIGGYA" (from the internet).
unni
Talaikya:

"Sanam raah bhoole yahan" from "LOOTERA" (my music archives).
unni
Talaikya:

Here's "Sharafat chhod di maynay" from "SHARAFAT" (source: www).

The first line of the song could as well be my own story!
unni
Talaikya:

Here's the number from "Aayee Milan Ki Bela" (I had the album).
unni
Talaikya-ji:

"Oolfath mein zamaaney ki" from "CALL GIRL" (source: www).
unni
Talaikya:

"Thohey sanwariya" from "MILAN". It was not on my album of the movie but I acquired it from the internet.
unni
Talaikya-ji:

Here's "Saari saari raat" which I consider worthy of inclusion in one's "Essential' collection of Lata-ji.

So now we have cut down your list from 23 to just 6!

Cheers --- Unni

Talaikya
Once again Unni ji, many thanks ... you have put in a lot of effort and I appreciate it sincerely.

Now for a challenge! smile.gif
yesterday I was watching "Dil Diya Dard Liya" ... there is a very effervescent Lata solo, at least I think it was Lata singing for both the ladies, ... I forget the lyrics... something like "Kya Rang E Mehfil something something yaarum dildarum..."

I have never heard that song before, if anyone has it, it would be great to listen to it again.

Thank You.
unni
QUOTE (Talaikya @ May 29 2004, 01:28 AM)
Now for a challenge! smile.gif

Talaikya-ji:

"Muqabla humsey na karo, muqabla humsey na karo", merey yaarum-dildaarum!

Cheers --- Unni
Talaikya
UNNIJI!
(screams like a hysterical teenager!!)

Kamaal hain janab, I am floored! One more, one more, that I have been wanting since long...

Film: Loafer
Song: Motiyon ki laadi hoon main
Singer: Asha Bhosle (so says Ultraindia.com - I don't really remember)
(oops this is the wrong forum)...

magar, wahan bhi post karenge, aur yahan bhi ...

biggrin.gif

Chitralekha
QUOTE (unni @ May 27 2004, 09:48 PM)
Talaikya:

awesome song! have been wanting to watch the film specially for the song again but no one seems to have it in local shops. saira banu dances so well in this one. what nice lyrics and lataji's sung is very beautifully! thanks for the upload smile.gif
unni
U/L: "Bol ri kath puthli" (Lata Mangeshkar/Film: "KATH PUTLI") --- happy version
Anil4
Unni Bhai

I am looking for the song " Rang Dil ki Dhadkan Bhi Laati to Hogi, Yaad Meri Unko Bhi Aati to Hogi " from the movie Patang.

If you or anyone else has this song, can they upload and earn my gratitude.

Anil

Anil4
QUOTE (Chitralekha @ May 30 2004, 07:18 AM)
QUOTE (unni @ May 27 2004, 09:48 PM)
Talaikya:

awesome song! have been wanting to watch the film specially for the song again but no one seems to have it in local shops. saira banu dances so well in this one. what nice lyrics and lataji's sung is very beautifully! thanks for the upload smile.gif

Rajendra Kumar had the main role in the movie, but I thought in this scene Dharmendra looked more handsome and ought to have won the heroine.
unni
QUOTE (Bhirgu @ Jun 6 2004, 07:26 AM)
Unni Bhai

I am looking for the song " Rang Dil ki Dhadkan Bhi Laati to Hogi, Yaad Meri Unko Bhi Aati to Hogi " from the movie Patang.

If you or anyone else has this song, can they upload and earn my gratitude.

Anil

Anil-ji:

I didn't even remember it was in my archives! The recording is in mono.
Anil4
Unni,

Kya Gaana hai dost. Thank you very much.

Anil
unni
U/L: "Qaid mein hai boolbool" (Lata Mangeshkar/Film: "Bedard zamana kya jaane"/Music: Kalyanji-Anandji)
unni
U/L: "Yeh rung-e-mehfil" (Film: "MR. X IN BOMBAY" / Music: L-P)

The album lists the song as Lata and Asha, but I did not detect Asha-ji's voice. Maybe her sister sang the song and gave her half the money!
Talaikya
QUOTE (Chitralekha @ May 30 2004, 07:18 AM)

Hmmmm, I remember this film very very vaguely, can't even be sure I saw it, I don't like Rajendra Kumar particularly! I must try and get a hold of it. It had good songs, I may have most of them...

unni
U/L: "Zindagi sehra bhi hai" (Film: ?)

Is this from "Bin Baadal Barsaat". Definitely a Hemant-da number.
unni
About my last U/L, by sheer chance I just stumbled upon the name of the film ("KAHIN AUR CHAL) and the MDs were S-J.
Talaikya
Hadn't heard this one ever before, in fact I don't think I have heard any of this films' songs... the lyrics are so "Shailendra". I love the way the music and Lata ji's voice do the "hain"!

nice.... very nice

unni
Talaikya-ji:

This song is dedicated to you personally.

Just yesterday/today I was telling Sharad and SS that I probably don't realize what I have in my own collection. In the meantime I've been
e-mailing my brother in India to acquire tracks --- which I have already!

I had fully come to believe that I was mistaken when I told you that this track is somewhere buried in my unlisted collection of Lata-ji songs.
Maybe I just recollected the song from the time I was watching those daakoo movies, "Reshma aur Shera", "Mujhe Jeene Do", "JDMGBH", "MGMD", etc.

I am so relieved to find it eventually. And don't you thank me. On the contrary, I should thank you for reviving my memory of this song, of giving me the opportunity to listen to it again, after a long time, as I converted it in real-time.

Since it is an individual, personal request, it has been converted at 192 kbps.

Chitralekha cho chweetly says:"Aap ne jo khana khilaya hai uss ke baad pet mein yeh nahin hoga to kya hoga"?

Ummeed hai merey jaisey daakoo ki wajeh se kisi ko yeh gaana na gaana padey!

Melodious song!

U/L: "Terey bachpan ko jawaani ki doova daythay hain" (Lata Mangeshkar / Film: 'MUJHE JEENE DO" / Music: Jaidev / Lyrics: Sahir)

(Win-rar of mp3/192 kbps converted from audio-tape / Duration: 4.29 minutes)
Talaikya
Unniji,

Ahhhhhhhh, I don't have the words to express what anyways you don't want me to express. This song touches my heart, bas, aur kuchh nahin kehti...

T
unni
Talaikya-ji:

I downloaded and played "Tere bachpan ko jawani ki". The sound quality was disappointing.

Since then, thanks to a benefactor (who shall remain nameless), I am now able to improve the sound quality of these recordings and convert them to stereo.

I have "cleaned" this track and converted it to stereo.

Please let me have some feedback on this U/L of the same song.

U/L: "Tere bachpan ko jawaani" (Film: "MUJHE JEENE DO" / Music: Jaidev)

---win-rar of mp3/192 kbps---

Cheers --- Unni
Talaikya
Unniji,

As far as I could tell by the wave form, the song was digitized at a high volume, so most of the distortions would vanish if you adjusted the volume of your mixer. At another forum, someone was kind enough to go into the detail of transferring from audio tapes, if I get a hold of that information, I'll post it here... I am sure the forum has a place for such information.

Some of your recent Asha uploads too show this kind of a sound wave.

Also it's a good idea to record a couple of seconds of silence before and after the song, this helps with noise reduction at a later stage... here... let me try and get my hand on those guidelines.

The second version of "Tere Bachpan Ko" was less distorted. I can do the stereo thing myself, so that wasn't a problem, I just didn't know how to get rid of the distortions. Thanks a lot for all this attention to detail. Now if I can somehow convince you about the importance of posting the song lenght too tongue.gif

Yesterday on "Abhi to main jawan hoon" they showed the full "Teri pyari pyari soorat ko", I would love to have the song with the last stanza... something about dil mein teer... (hopefully someday I'll learn to transfer from video cassette to the computer), right now I wouldn't even know if someone uploaded the full version unless they said so or posted the song length, and I just can't go about downloading all the songs and checking for myself!

Anyways ... maybe its not so important to have "full" songs after all, this music is surely becoming a mania smile.gif)

T

unni
QUOTE (Talaikya @ Jun 19 2004, 09:48 AM)

T

Talaikya-ji:

Thanks for the input.

Yes, it would help if we can get hold of the details of transferring from audio-tapes. In the meantime, let me fiddle around with reducing the volume of the sound input. I already did that with the last two U/L's and they turned out better. Shall also try out the "moment of silence" before and after the life of the song!

Now that I have the facility, in future I shall convert all tracks to stereo before the U/L, for the benefit of the other members.

I too get a thrill it when I hear a version with an extra stanza. I noticed them in some of the later issues. I guess they were recorded from the movie soundtracks where the song may be longer. But I still wouldn't bother with the song-length aspect. If I come across a longer version, well and good. After all, they are the exceptions.

By the way, glad to know that you are also following the Asha-ji thread. Now, that makes 4 of us connoiseurs!

Cheers --- Unni
theonlyq
hi folks im looking for 2 tracks both lata ji's main tere ishq main from loafer and dil vil pyar vyar from shaagird
Talaikya
1. Loafer is here: (not me!)

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...c=750&hl=loafer

2. I don't know about the other one. I hope you are aware of the song library at

http://www.hamaraforums.com/~chitralekha/SongLibrary.html#

It's updated periodically, but you'd have found "Main Tere Ishq Main" from there since it was uploaded much before april '04.

T
theonlyq
i know abt the song libabry i got the sam file from dere but was wondering if ne1 else has a better quality 1 its a beautiful number but too distorted
theonlyq
can u folks help with dilruba dilli wali from dus numbari?
anther thing i cant seem to u/l ne of my songs for u guys all my files r mp3 but i get a message saying this sort of file cannot be u/l...
unni
QUOTE (theonlyq @ Jun 19 2004, 05:56 PM)
i know abt the song libabry i got the sam file from dere but was wondering if ne1 else has a better quality 1 its a beautiful number but too distorted

theonlyq:

Yeh gaana aap hi ko sunaana tha.

U/L: "Main tere ishq mein mar na jaoon kahin" sad.gif (Film: "LOAFER" / Music: L-P)
unni
QUOTE (theonlyq @ Jun 19 2004, 08:06 PM)
can u folks help with dilruba dilli wali from dus numbari?
anther thing i cant seem to u/l ne of my songs for u guys all my files r mp3 but i get a message saying this sort of file cannot be u/l...

This song is being U/L'd in the Asha forum.
unni
QUOTE (theonlyq @ Jun 19 2004, 04:07 PM)
hi folks im looking for 2 tracks both lata ji's main tere ishq main from loafer and dil vil pyar vyar from shaagird

theonlyq:

After listening to "Dilruba Dilli Wali" in real-time, my dil tells me to start writing a will.

Anyway here's: "Dil wil pyar vyar" (Film: "SHAGIRD" / Music; L-P)
unni
For Lata-ji fans who don't check out SKS.

1 of 2

unni
2 of 2
unni
U/L: "Dard-e-dil badhta jaaye" (Lata Mangeshkar / Film : "BUNIYAAD" / Music: L-P)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.