Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hats Off, Inzamam!
Hamara Forums > General > Sports > Cricket
unni

Inzamam-ul Haq, the Pakistan captain, today described Mahendra Singh Dhoni's batting as "murderous" and reckoned that he was a player to be watched out for in the 2007 World Cup.

The Indian wicketkeeper-batsman scored 219 runs in four innings at a stupendous strike rate of 137 in the just-conclude five-match ODI series, propelling him to number three in the latest ICC rankings among ODI batsmen. "He is [also] safe behind the wickets and can be compared with Adam Gilchrist though the Australian has proved himself as the best after years in commission", Inzamam told PTI at Lahore.

Despite the 4-1 loss to India, Inzamam believed that the Pakistan team has greatly improved over the past two years. "When India came here in 2004, our boys were young and inexperienced. They have since played a lot of cricket in other countries that has given them experience and confidence," he said.

He said that the atmosphere in the Pakistani dressing room too had definitely improved. "When you have confidence the atmosphere in the dressing room also improves", he added. On venting frustrations in the field, he said, "I control my anger. If someone drops a catch and I get angry, will that catch come back to us? It won't. Therefore it is better to be cool because that helps in better performance."

Looking back on the series, Inzamam said that India's batting was undoubtedly their strength. On Suresh Raina, he said: "I did not get a chance to see him because the Indian top order did not let the pressure come on to Raina and the later batsmen. But I always believe that only the best players are picked to represent their countries and therefore Raina must be a good cricketer who will improve with every game. But consistency is the key and it applies to both, Raina as well as the selectors." He felt Irfan Pathan was fast blossoming into the allrounder India so desperately needed to strike the right balance in one-day cricket.

India's bowlers, though, were quite inexperienced, he added. He also strongly backed Sachin Tendulkar. "He has shown by the way he batted that he is not on the decline. In my view, he is good enough for another four or five years."

He rated Tendulkar as one of the five best batsmen in the world along with Rahul Dravid, Ricky Ponting, Jacques Kallis and Brian Lara.
On his own place in the pecking order - with an average of nearly 52 after 107 Tests and about 40 in 356 ODIs - he shrugged it off with a typically nonchalant, "Oh, Inzamam comes way behind them".

tracknest
QUOTE(unni @ Feb 22 2006, 02:46 AM) *

Inzamam-ul Haq, the Pakistan captain, today described Mahendra Singh Dhoni's batting as "murderous" and reckoned that he was a player to be watched out for in the 2007 World Cup.

The Indian wicketkeeper-batsman scored 219 runs in four innings at a stupendous strike rate of 137 in the just-conclude five-match ODI series, propelling him to number three in the latest ICC rankings among ODI batsmen. "He is [also] safe behind the wickets and can be compared with Adam Gilchrist though the Australian has proved himself as the best after years in commission", Inzamam told PTI at Lahore.

Despite the 4-1 loss to India, Inzamam believed that the Pakistan team has greatly improved over the past two years. "When India came here in 2004, our boys were young and inexperienced. They have since played a lot of cricket in other countries that has given them experience and confidence," he said.

He said that the atmosphere in the Pakistani dressing room too had definitely improved. "When you have confidence the atmosphere in the dressing room also improves", he added. On venting frustrations in the field, he said, "I control my anger. If someone drops a catch and I get angry, will that catch come back to us? It won't. Therefore it is better to be cool because that helps in better performance."

Looking back on the series, Inzamam said that India's batting was undoubtedly their strength. On Suresh Raina, he said: "I did not get a chance to see him because the Indian top order did not let the pressure come on to Raina and the later batsmen. But I always believe that only the best players are picked to represent their countries and therefore Raina must be a good cricketer who will improve with every game. But consistency is the key and it applies to both, Raina as well as the selectors." He felt Irfan Pathan was fast blossoming into the allrounder India so desperately needed to strike the right balance in one-day cricket.

India's bowlers, though, were quite inexperienced, he added. He also strongly backed Sachin Tendulkar. "He has shown by the way he batted that he is not on the decline. In my view, he is good enough for another four or five years."

He rated Tendulkar as one of the five best batsmen in the world along with Rahul Dravid, Ricky Ponting, Jacques Kallis and Brian Lara.
On his own place in the pecking order - with an average of nearly 52 after 107 Tests and about 40 in 356 ODIs - he shrugged it off with a typically nonchalant, "Oh, Inzamam comes way behind them".

Inzy I dont thnk you come way behind and your modesty and humility is second to none. I have being a critic of Inzy as I belive in terms of skills and talents he is right up there but has not done complete justice to his talents on the field.

Ricky ponting and his bunch of arrogant spoilt brats (and other arrogant cricketers) can learn from Inzy on how to be graceful and modest and still do well at the international level.
Pradeep
On the humourous side, Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.