Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Audio Utilities
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
Pages: 1, 2
manishbhatia
Can someone plz tell me
1.Which is the best software apart from Music Match jukebox which improves the quality of audio song?
2.I have recorded song from streaming audio(They don't allow downloading a song).When I play that song it has lot of disturbances.Is there any utility to Remove this disturbance?

Thanks in advance
Chitralekha
QUOTE (manishbhatia @ May 10 2004, 09:22 PM)
1.Which is the best software apart from Music Match jukebox which improves the quality of audio song?
Chitralekha
QUOTE (manishbhatia @ May 10 2004, 09:22 PM)
2.I have recorded song from streaming audio(They don't allow downloading a song).When I play that song it has lot of disturbances.Is there any utility to Remove this disturbance?

Better use something like Total Recorder to record without the disturbance. I am not sure of GoldWave could be used to reduce the noise. Other experts can help, may be. Good luck.
manishbhatia
Thanks ChitralekhaJi
Btw will it be helpful in converting audio file of 16kbps to 128 kbps
Chitralekha
QUOTE (manishbhatia @ May 10 2004, 11:38 PM)
Thanks ChitralekhaJi
Btw will it be helpful in converting audio file of 16kbps to 128 kbps

Manish ji yeh theek nahin rahega. U will lose the clarity and the resulting file wont be good. Try EAC only for ripping high quality files from audio CDs. It works really well.
vivekpm
QUOTE (Chitralekha @ May 11 2004, 11:55 AM)
Better use something like Total Recorder to record without the disturbance.

I second that... TotalRecorded is one of the best ripping softwares I have seen. But it is not a freeware sad.gif

Cheers,
myawan
You cannot recover anything once something is lost in compression. The quality of 16kbps song cannot be improved in anyway, only some glitches etc. can be removed by using softwares like SoundForge, I recommend this software to everyone.
manishbhatia
Please help me by providing the solution
Pradeep
I use goldware a lot. In addition to noise removal it comes with lots of filters. Infact Rafi Ka Jaadu is done on Goldwave. smile.gif

QUOTE (chitralekha)
Better use something like Total Recorder to record without the disturbance. I am not sure of GoldWave could be used to reduce the noise. Other experts can help, may be. Good luck.

unni
QUOTE (manishbhatia @ May 12 2004, 12:06 AM)
Ok My first query is solved.
But for the second query i have tried various recorders and sound editing tools but can't completely clean that song.I have recorded this song from streaming audio. Can anyone plz help me in cleaning this song.
I am uploading one of the recorded song.
If it is not possible can some one give me suggestions how to record from internet music sites like musicindiaonline.com and smashits.com

Manish:

I use AllSoundRecorder XP which is not freeware. When the song is played from the site in real time, this program captures the sound from the sound card.
manishbhatia
My problem is still not solved.
There are a lot of recorders available on internet.Some are freeware and some are licensed.They are doing the same job of capturing the sound from sound card.
I have recorded this song from musicindiaonline.The problem is delay in buffer when playing the song which creates click noise.Can anyone clean this song which i have uploaded.If he is sucessful tell me the steps.
unni
Manish:

When recording from Music India Online, what I do is to "guesstimate" how much time it takes for the buffering. Sometimes I start recording too soon, sometimes too late, but then I stop the playing and restart it and re-record --- a trial & error method.

At this site they have a continual pop-up ads and each one appears with a click sound which is also recorded.
manishbhatia
Here you come so what is the remedy and ideal time interval for buffer delay
UKM
Manish:

I hope, as you do, that one of our friends out there will give us good advice on how to get rid of the click sounds recorded. I guess some filter software has to be used, but which one?

As far as the time taken for buffering, as I said it is a "trial and error" method. The buffering time varies with each song we play, depending upon how busy the servers are and the quality of the connection. Also, as you would have noticed, sometimes the song stops playing in teh middle and it goes back into buffering mode. In such cases we have to start all over again and pray that it doesn't happen again.
extenok
QUOTE (manishbhatia @ May 12 2004, 05:07 PM)

I have recorded this song from musicindiaonline.The problem is delay in buffer when playing the song which creates click noise.Can anyone clean this song which i have uploaded.If he is sucessful tell me the steps.

Try recording the song again from the site using latest version of Total Recorder. Earlier versions of this software weren't intelligent enough to pause in between buffering. New versions are better.
Also, try and use free popup blocker application/add-ons available through Google or Yahoo, to stop popups.
Preferrably, keep Instant-Messenger/Windows sounds off as an Instant Messenger window popping up in between the recording could also add extra effects to the recording.
UKM
extenok:

Despite having the Google pop-up blocker, I have those pesky pop-ups constantly appearinb when playing songs on the Music India site. With all the new-fangled technology in advertising on the web, I don't even know whether these fall in the category of "pop-ups".

-- Unni
myawan
For clean recording, record early in the morning so that the streaming goes smooth without buffering due to less traffic, secondly do not browse or download while listening to streams.
manishbhatia
Man finally i got the software.
That s/w is addsubtractor pro which where you can supress background voice,ads,popups etc.
You can configure settings as you wish.
Yes for recording a song you have to enable external javascript.
I have tested only on one song and its working perfectly fine.
The url is www.adsubtract.com.
Tell me the best recorder which is freeware,records unlimited songs and which records songs at 128 kbps.
iqbal
QUOTE (myawan @ May 13 2004, 02:00 AM)
For clean recording, record early in the morning so that the streaming goes smooth without buffering due to less traffic, secondly do not browse or download while listening to streams.

Morning in one place will be afternoon/evening elsewhere!

myawan
Morning in one place will be afternoon/evening elsewhere!

But for that specific ISP that you are using it'll be morning and nothing else! smile.gif
manishbhatia
This is the best technique i feel for recording noise free clean songs from streaming audio.
1.Install addsubtractor pro from their site.
2.Check the options where you can supress background voice,ads,popups etc.
3.Keep the windows sound settings to no sounds so that even window's sound can't disturb the recording.
4.Play the song and simultaneuosly record it.
I can bet there will not be a single noise in song.
Try it and enjoy.

Cheers
Manish Bhatia
unni
QUOTE (manishbhatia @ May 14 2004, 07:29 AM)
Keep the windows sound settings to no sounds so that even window's sound can't disturb the recording.

Manish:

By "Windows sound settings", I assume you mean:

1) The volume control that appears in the bottom tool-bar on the Desktop
2) The volume control at the bottom of the screen in the Windows Media Player program

I would have thought that these control only the sound of a track being played, and would not affect a track being recorded.

Please enlighten me if I am way off base.

Thanks --- Unni
myawan
"Windows Sound Settings" mean the sound theme for Windows. It comes under 'Control Panel' as 'Sounds' in Windows98. Select 'No Sounds' to have quiet Windows.
Talaikya
QUOTE (manishbhatia @ May 13 2004, 11:21 AM)
Man finally i got the software.
That s/w is addsubtractor pro which where you can supress background voice,ads,popups etc.
You can configure settings as you wish.
Yes for recording a song you have to enable external javascript.
I have tested only on one song and its working perfectly fine.
The url is www.adsubtract.com.
Tell me the best recorder which is freeware,records unlimited songs and which records songs at 128 kbps.

A word of caution:

recording from streaming audio at a higher bit rate in itself doesn't mean much unless the song at the source is of equal/ higher bit rate.

This is how I understand it, please correct me if I am wrong.

manishbhatia
Can anyone tell me what is the difference b/w Constant Bit Rate(CBR) and
Variable Bit Rate(VBR) in a song and which one is better.
jayant
QUOTE (manishbhatia @ May 21 2004, 10:59 AM)
Can anyone tell me what is the difference b/w Constant Bit Rate(CBR) and
Variable Bit Rate(VBR) in a song and which one is better.

Dear Manish,
I was going thru all the posts in this topic.Let me share something.

Firstly u hv to decide whether u can invest on pirated software which is dirth cheap and available in any part of the world.If yes then the best user friendly software thru which u can redord is "Sound Forge version 8 or above" for XP which some member in the forum referred to.This is excellent and very very user friendly.
Coming to editing u hv already got hold of a very good freeware software.Otherwise Nero works perfect in this regard.
Coming to receording from live music like musicindiaonline .....u hv no option but pray so tht sound buffering dn't happen.Ideally u shld connect when traffic is low,shldn't open any other windows while playing from live audio...then u will nt face any problem.I hv recorded a plenty thru this method.
another way to download music where u dn't lose while buffereing,getting disconnected is downlaod the kaaza software (like napster).Will get almost all songs u require in excellent condition in mp3 format 128kb or above.
CRR and VRR i am nt tht much aware of abt the technicalities.
jayant
pradeepjoshi
Hello,

I recently purchased latest version of TOTAL RECORDER Version 4.5
This also costs US$12. This is the best software for recording streaming audio from sites such as musicindiaonline.com
The best feature of this latest version is that it automatically takes care of silence
due to buffering. In last one week I have recorded more than 100 songs successfully eventhough my internet connection is slow and there is buffering many times during recording. Those who are having earlier version of this s/w can get free update from their website.

I have one problem for which I request a solution.
I have downloaded many songs from various websites and have burnt MP3 CD with NERO version 5.5. However while listening to the CD, there is a big difference in volume of various songs and I have to adjust the volume control frequently.
Is there any way or any software so that before or during CD burning I can equalise the volume so that while listening to the CD all the songs are in more or less same volume?

Regards

Pradeep
myawan
Is there any way or any software so that before or during CD burning I can equalise the volume so that while listening to the CD all the songs are in more or less same volume?

Luckily you have a software which does what you desired, its called 'MP3Gain' and can be found free of cost at :

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net

party2.gif
Bawra Jay
I always use the gain control even when listening on laptop...... a must have feature....

Total Recorder....records what plays on your computer...... and musicindiaonline has worst bitratio as it uses java plugin to embed Real and WMP..... I had to upgrade to proff version from $12 one as won't auto launch URL , programs automatically or shut down PC when done recording.....I use it to record various interviews and shraddhanjali kind of dedicated radio programs
jayant
QUOTE (pradeepjoshi @ Jul 9 2004, 07:15 PM)
Hello,

I recently purchased latest version of TOTAL RECORDER Version 4.5
This also costs US$12. This is the best software for recording streaming audio from sites such as musicindiaonline.com
The best feature of this latest version is that it automatically takes care of silence
due to buffering. In last one week I have recorded more than 100 songs successfully eventhough my internet connection is slow and there is buffering many times during recording. Those who are having earlier version of this s/w can get free update from their website.

I have one problem for which I request a solution.
I have downloaded many songs from various websites and have burnt MP3 CD with NERO version 5.5. However while listening to the CD, there is a big difference in volume of various songs and I have to adjust the volume control frequently.

Regards

Pradeep

ur problem can b solved if u burn thru nero.
after selecting a track right click on the track and go to properties.then go to filters.then put a tick on normalise.this u hv 2 do to all the songs tht u record in the cd.then all will play in the same volume.
jayant
jayant
QUOTE (myawan @ Jul 9 2004, 08:10 PM)

Luckily you have a software which does what you desired, its called 'MP3Gain' and can be found free of cost at :

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net

party2.gif

pradeep,
can u please tell me whether total recorder software can be downloaded from net or not?if so which site from?
jayant
Bawra Jay
You can download the trial only does couple of mins recording or buy instantly from web :- http://www.highcriteria.com/
jayant
QUOTE (Bawra Jay @ Jul 9 2004, 10:23 PM)
I always use the gain control even when listening on laptop...... a must have feature....

Total Recorder....records what plays on your computer...... and musicindiaonline has worst bitratio as it uses java plugin to embed Real and WMP..... I had to upgrade to proff version from $12 one as won't auto launch URL , programs automatically or shut down PC when done recording.....I use it to record various interviews and shraddhanjali kind of dedicated radio programs

baiju bawra ji,
can u please further clarrify on the technical aspect which u spoke.in detail.As why u upgraded.Please revert.
jayant
Bawra Jay
can u please further clarrify on the technical aspect which u spoke.in detail.As why u upgraded.Please revert.
jayant

Total Recorder Features (Standard and Pro Editions)

Features of Total Recorder found in both the Standard and the Professional Editions include:

The ability to directly record sound played by other programs (e.g. RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, Quick Time, WinAmp) including live Internet broadcasts. This feature is unique to Total Recorder and is not available in the vast majority of other sound recording programs. Total Recorder does not depend on a "record-what-you-hear" type of sound card to implement this feature. Follow this link for more information.
The ability to record from any sound card input line, including microphone, line-in, CD, and DVD. This feature allows recordings to be made from cassettes, LPs, CDs, your home stereo or an MD player. Follow this link for further details.
A Scheduler for automatic recordings where Total Recorder will activate, record, save the recorded file.
Convert almost any audio format to WAV format (plain or compressed), WMA, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis formats.
All of these features are available in both the Standard and the Professional Edition of Total Recorder.

Total Recorder Professional Edition Features

Total Recorder Professional Edition has many of the features usually associated with much more costly sound edition programs. With the Professional Edition, users may:

Use a Split facility that automatically breaks a large file into smaller files, based on selected criteria. The Split facility can be used to break up a single recording of a number of songs, into separate files for each song. It can also be used to automatically break a file into standard sized smaller files. See this link for more details.
Delete a portion of a file, using precise markers and the Sound Image facility. The Sound Image facility provides the user with a visual representation of the levels of sound on the file. Follow this link for more details on the Sound Image feature.
Insert a file into another or Copy and Paste a portion of an audio file to/from the Windows Clipboard.
A mini-browser incorporated into the scheduler, that removes the requirement to leave your usual browser active and on the site that you wish to record. Use of the mini-browser allows users to browse and pre-select links they would like to record. At the scheduled time, Total Recorder Professional will activate the link and record the requested broadcast.
jayant
QUOTE (Bawra Jay @ Jul 9 2004, 11:05 PM)
jayant

Total Recorder Features (Standard and Pro Editions)

Features of Total Recorder found in both the Standard and the Professional Editions include:

The ability to directly record sound played by other programs (e.g. RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, Quick Time, WinAmp) including live Internet broadcasts. This feature is unique to Total Recorder and is not available in the vast majority of other sound recording programs. Total Recorder does not depend on a "record-what-you-hear" type of sound card to implement this feature. Follow this link for more information.
The ability to record from any sound card input line, including microphone, line-in, CD, and DVD. This feature allows recordings to be made from cassettes, LPs, CDs, your home stereo or an MD player. Follow this link for further details.
A Scheduler for automatic recordings where Total Recorder will activate, record, save the recorded file.
Convert almost any audio format to WAV format (plain or compressed), WMA, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis formats.
All of these features are available in both the Standard and the Professional Edition of Total Recorder.

Total Recorder Professional Edition Features

Total Recorder Professional Edition has many of the features usually associated with much more costly sound edition programs. With the Professional Edition, users may:

Use a Split facility that automatically breaks a large file into smaller files, based on selected criteria. The Split facility can be used to break up a single recording of a number of songs, into separate files for each song. It can also be used to automatically break a file into standard sized smaller files. See this link for more details.
Delete a portion of a file, using precise markers and the Sound Image facility. The Sound Image facility provides the user with a visual representation of the levels of sound on the file. Follow this link for more details on the Sound Image feature.
Insert a file into another or Copy and Paste a portion of an audio file to/from the Windows Clipboard.
A mini-browser incorporated into the scheduler, that removes the requirement to leave your usual browser active and on the site that you wish to record. Use of the mini-browser allows users to browse and pre-select links they would like to record. At the scheduled time, Total Recorder Professional will activate the link and record the requested broadcast.

thanks bawra ji.
jayant
pradeepjoshi
Thanks Mywan ji,

I have downloaded MP3GAIN and it is working nicely. Now I don't have to get up everytime to adjust the volume control

Pradeepjoshi
jayant
QUOTE (pradeepjoshi @ Jul 11 2004, 07:06 PM)
Thanks Mywan ji,

I have downloaded MP3GAIN and it is working nicely. Now I don't have to get up everytime to adjust the volume control

Pradeepjoshi

hi pradeep,
i hv also downloaded trial version of mp3 gain.can u pls explain in detail how does it work?i mean 2 say suppose if i wish 2 compile a audio cd of 12 songs how to keep the same volume?
please revert.
regards,
jayant
Bawra Jay
QUOTE (jayant @ Jul 11 2004, 09:45 AM)
Thanks Mywan ji,

Pradeepjoshi

hi pradeep,
i hv also downloaded trial version of mp3 gain.can u pls explain in detail how does it work?i mean 2 say suppose if i wish 2 compile a audio cd of 12 songs how to keep the same volume?
please revert.
regards,
jayant

When you compiling audio CD , you control gain once and for all using your mp3 to wave decoder.... for example Nero , or whatever s/w used..... a simple check box option would do this for you..... like in Nero.

When playing mp3's directly you can get utilities to convert all this into a same audible level or use gain control utlities.... they control low volume by raising them high and high volume by lowering them down... as per your settings......

Sorry to pop-in for a question for pradeep , but extra info never harmful , right folks wink2.gif....
jayant
QUOTE (Bawra Jay @ Jul 12 2004, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (jayant @ Jul 11 2004, 09:45 AM)
Thanks Mywan ji,

Pradeepjoshi

hi pradeep,
please revert.
regards,
jayant

When you compiling audio CD , you control gain once and for all using your mp3 to wave decoder.... for example Nero , or whatever s/w used..... a simple check box option would do this for you..... like in Nero.

When playing mp3's directly you can get utilities to convert all this into a same audible level or use gain control utlities.... they control low volume by raising them high and high volume by lowering them down... as per your settings......

Sorry to pop-in for a question for pradeep , but extra info never harmful , right folks wink2.gif....

still not clear bawra saab.how do i use the mp3 software for this purpose?
jayant
Bawra Jay
Bhai mere you dont use mp3 gain software to make audio CDs... The gain control is done by de-compressing software which is converting your mp3 to audio format.

Most of us , all the time on computer...listening right on the computer speakers or using headphones.... through some MP3 player s/w like winamp , window media player , etc etc.... So this mp3gain software is used along with this players as plugin to control the fluctuation high and low pitch of the sound coming thru mp3 recorded by various people using various machines and softwares...

Samjhe bhai ?
jayant
QUOTE (Bawra Jay @ Jul 12 2004, 08:55 PM)
Bhai mere you dont use mp3 gain software to make audio CDs... The gain control is done by de-compressing software which is converting your mp3 to audio format.

Most of us , all the time on computer...listening right on the computer speakers or using headphones.... through some MP3 player s/w like winamp , window media player , etc etc.... So this mp3gain software is used along with this players as plugin to control the fluctuation high and low pitch of the sound coming thru mp3 recorded by various people using various machines and softwares...

Samjhe bhai ?

Baiju saab,
do u want 2 say that by this software i can convert all mp3 files in2 audio files for burning cd at a same volume control?Please clarrify.Does it work as a converter then?

If not so then can u just guide me as how its used.Say for instance when u open the software on the top u have few options like - file,analysis,modify gain,options,help.So then how do i proceed?
please help.
regards,
jayant
Bawra Jay
This is not encoder - decoder app , does not helps you to convert across various sound format. What in fact it actually does is lets say you have 5 mp3s... which you listen using your computer software....say song 1,3,5 sound way to high volume where else 2,4 sounds very very low where you have to go and increase the volume to high.... So when u sitting and listening 5 songs inbetween u have to keep changing volume control to make it appear in a way you can listen. Wouldn't be nice if all the songs from different people sounded at same volume level. This s/w lets u pick all the mp3s in a folder , which might have like above example 1, 2,3,4,5 songs.... and modifies them so that they all sound at same volume level... GOT IT ? .

If you dont listen songs on computer you dont have to worry or need this software... all you have to do is use the feature of convertor / decoder which achieves the same result. So what this s/w will do is modify ure exisitng mp3s only keeping them back as mp3 format. For mp3 to audio you are using a different software like NERO , SONIC , etc which has feature to normalize the gain threshold.

Samje aab ? If not dont worry ask me again and I will try to explain again and again jaab tak aap ko master na bana du ...ha ha ha JK smile1.gif

jayant
QUOTE (Bawra Jay @ Jul 12 2004, 10:52 PM)
This is not encoder - decoder app , does not helps you to convert across various sound format. What in fact it actually does is lets say you have 5 mp3s... which you listen using your computer software....say song 1,3,5 sound way to high volume where else 2,4 sounds very very low where you have to go and increase the volume to high.... So when u sitting and listening 5 songs inbetween u have to keep changing volume control to make it appear in a way you can listen. Wouldn't be nice if all the songs from different people sounded at same volume level. This s/w lets u pick all the mp3s in a folder , which might have like above example 1, 2,3,4,5 songs.... and modifies them so that they all sound at same volume level... GOT IT ? .

If you dont listen songs on computer you dont have to worry or need this software... all you have to do is use the feature of convertor / decoder which achieves the same result. So what this s/w will do is modify ure exisitng mp3s only keeping them back as mp3 format. For mp3 to audio you are using a different software like NERO , SONIC , etc which has feature to normalize the gain threshold.

Samje aab ? If not dont worry ask me again and I will try to explain again and again jaab tak aap ko master na bana du ...ha ha ha JK smile1.gif

yes sir.
I think i hv got it.
wht u mean 2 say is this software is only applicable 2 guys who hear on the computer.The gain control is normalised to make all the songs volume sound even.But it plays no role while burning cds.Correct?
While burning cds Nero has this option automatically which takes care of the same feature.Correct?
Jayant
Bawra Jay
Correct ? Kya pata yaar mein tau aise hi lapet raha thaa wink2.gif.... thair....idharich ruk mein abhi proffessor ko puch ke aata hu .... ha ha JK
manishbhatia
Can anyone plz tell me which is the best audio software available on internet which can do:
1.Convert b/w different formats.
2.Is a freeware
3.During conversion has the ability to normalise the volume.
4.rip the cd
5.record the sound.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Manish
myawan
Why going for freewares only when others can also be had for free. smile1.gif
Bawra Jay
QUOTE (myawan @ Aug 1 2004, 07:49 PM)
Why going for freewares only when others can also be had for free. smile1.gif

Hmmmm bade chupphe rustom ho aap wink2.gif...
anurag
BJ, in another post, you mentioned there are plugins (like for winamp?) that will do the normalization while playing songs of different volume level.

Now, that sounds like exactly what i might want to do without actually encoding my files again through some normalization program.

care to name the plugin for winamp?

thanks, buddy. biggrin.gif

anurag
manishbhatia
Plz tell me the s/w available on net which has normalisation facility

Regards
Manish
Bawra Jay
TomSteady active plugin here is the plugin link from winamp :-
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=36297
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.