Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sajan Kahan Main Jaoongi
Hamara Forums > Legends > Lata Mangeshkar
bigger_than_bollywood
The track "sajan kahan main jaaoongi" from Jaise ko Taisa features on the new Kronos album in which the quartet performs music of the late R.D.Burman. I looked up the song online and see that it is a Lata solo (which is why the quartet present an instrumental version on the album.)

can anyone ul the original track?

thanks in advance
-Manoneet
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Dec 23 2005, 01:25 AM) *

The track "sajan kahan main jaaoongi" from Jaise ko Taisa features on the new Kronos album in which the quartet performs music of the late R.D.Burman. I looked up the song online and see that it is a Lata solo (which is why the quartet present an instrumental version on the album.)

thanks in advance
-Manoneet

no one? unsure.gif Come on peops, if you have the track please ul it.

thanks and happy new year!
-manoneet
sangeetbhakt

The track "sajan kahan main jaaoongi" from Jaise ko Taisa features on the new
Kronos album in which the quartet performs music of the late R.D.Burman. I looked
up the song online and see that it is a Lata solo (which is why the quartet present
an instrumental version on the album.)

thanks in advance
-Manoneet

RDB re-cycled this same tune as the title song of "Basera" ["JahaaN pe savera ho
basera wahiN hai"]. Both are sung by Lata. I always loved the tune of the song when
I heard it in "Basera" and did not know about the existence of this earlier version.
Since I heard it (got it right here from HF), I have fallen in love with it and prefer
it much more than the "Basera" song mainly cause Lata's voice is younger and
much better.
unmeshpatil
The original in Bengali was Phire Eso Anuradha sung by RD himself.
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Jan 2 2006, 08:22 PM) *

The track "sajan kahan main jaaoongi" from Jaise ko Taisa features on the new
Kronos album in which the quartet performs music of the late R.D.Burman. I looked
up the song online and see that it is a Lata solo (which is why the quartet present
an instrumental version on the album.)

thanks in advance
-Manoneet

RDB re-cycled this same tune as the title song of "Basera" ["JahaaN pe savera ho
basera wahiN hai"]. Both are sung by Lata. I always loved the tune of the song when
I heard it in "Basera" and did not know about the existence of this earlier version.
Since I heard it (got it right here from HF), I have fallen in love with it and prefer
it much more than the "Basera" song mainly cause Lata's voice is younger and
much better.

SBji, thanks a ton for the track. The two songs have a strong similarity, as you point out. But the high pitched trill in the basera track makes it more striking IMHO.

Regds
-Manoneet
deewani
You read my mind Manoneet. Thanks for the request and thanks sangeetbhakht for the song. smile1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.