Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Capturing Streaming Audio
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
manishbhatia
Can anyone plz tell me how to capture streaming audio so that i can playback at any time.What s/w's are used for this
unni
Manish-ji:

I use a software called All Sound Recorder which I learnt about at Download.com.
It is not freeware. There ought to be similar software available to you locally.

Cheers --- Unni
manishbhatia
Unni Ji i have tried all sound recorder but it does not support real audio files.
unni
Manish-ji:

That's surprising! For I have been playing songs in RealAudio format on the RealAudio player and simultaneously capturing it in WMA or MP3 with the All Sound Recorder. The All Sound Recorder captures the sound from the sound card and stores it in the desired format.

Cheers --- Unni
manishbhatia
Unni can you tell me if i want to record the streaming real audio song from internet for further playback how can i do with allsoundrecorder.
Tell me the complete procedure.
Thanks in advance
unni
Manish:

This is how it works for me.

I bring up on the screen the website which has the song to be played, and minimize that screen.

Then I go to my Desktop and click on the AllSoundRecorder (ASR )icon, which brings up the program on the screen. I minimize this also.

Then I maximize both, so that both are on the screen simultaneously (ASR occupies only a small portion of the center of the monitor, and is superimposed on the web's screen which occupies the whole monitor area).

In the ASR screen I use the option to change the name of the destination file (rectest) and use the option to choose the format in which I want to record, so that the destination file name reads as, for example "MereSapnon.WAV" or "TereBina.MP3".

I click the record button on the ASR to start recording. I immediately click the play tab of the song on the website. (Sometimes I reverse this sequence to reduce any silence before the song starts playing). The song starts playing and the recording also starts.

Once the song ends, I immediately click the "stop" tab on the ASR.

The recorded song will be in the ASR program's subfolder called "output" from where I click and drag to the file where I want to store it.
manishbhatia
Thanks Unni
manishbhatia
For capturing streaming audio which option in allsoundrecorder should i check
1.Line
2.Aux
3.Cd player
4.microphone
unni
Manish:

There should be another option: WaveOut Mix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.