Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movie Of The Week
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Shankar Jaikishan
SKG
On akbaralibhai's suggestion let's open the discussion of our very first movie of the week with "Junglee".

Indeed a great musical. All the songs in the movie are big hits and it is really dificult to choose any favourite. Lots of interesting things can be said about the music like Prayag Raj being invited to shout "Yahoo".

One more interesting thing to note is the use of Mukesh as playback singer for Anup Kumar. In the past Madan Mohan had used Talat (Humse Aaya Na Gaya) and Manna De (Kaun Aaya Mere Manke Dware) both in Dekh Kabira Roya. My personal choice would have been to use Manna De again as his voice suited Anup Kumar the best. Although Mukesh has done a great job in "Nain Tumhare Mazedar" if you just consider the song as standalone. However, I still think that Manna De would have suited better as playback singer for Anup Kumar for this song. What say?
akbaralibhai
Great introduction. Here are the first 3 songs:

Lyrics for all 3 songs are by Hasrat Jaipuri

(1) EHSAAN TERA HOGA MUJH PAR
-Lata Mangeshkar

(2) DIN SARA GUZARA TORE ANGANA
-Lata Mangeshkar & Mohd. Rafi

(3) KASHMIR KI KALI HOON MAIN
-Lata Mangeshkar
akbaralibhai
Sharukh Bhai:

Here are the songs except the last 2. Din Sara Guzara is in Post 2. I am not sure about the extra stanza, please check it out. Thanks.
princeali
Junglee was one of the first few color films and launched Shammi Kapoor as a star. The word "Yahoo" became the phrase of the decade.

Saira Banu looked stunningly beautiful cool.gif
SKG
QUOTE(princeali @ Dec 8 2005, 04:16 AM) *

Junglee was one of the first few color films and launched Shammi Kapoor as a star. The word "Yahoo" became the phrase of the decade.

On the contrary, it was a black & white movie Tumsa Nahi Dekha which made Shammi Kapoor a star overnight. Junglee, Dil Deke Dekho, Bluff Master, etc just went on to make him an even bigger star. Yes, Saira Banu really looked ravishing in Junglee.
mmuk2004
QUOTE(skg @ Dec 8 2005, 03:39 AM) *

On the contrary, it was a black & white movie Tumsa Nahi Dekha which made Shammi Kapoor a star overnight. Junglee, Dil Deke Dekho, Bluff Master, etc just went on to make him an even bigger star. Yes, Saira Banu really looked ravishing in Junglee.

Wasn't it Saira Banu's first film?
princeali
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Dec 8 2005, 05:22 PM) *

QUOTE(skg @ Dec 8 2005, 03:39 AM) *

Wasn't it Saira Banu's first film?

Yup it was her first film.

Skg, yeah Tumsa Nahin Dekha brought him considerable success so you can say it made him a star. In that case Junglee made him a Superstar as you mentioned.
akbaralibhai
Continuing with the "Movie of the Week" topic, here are 6 songs in CDQ rom the evergreen film "PROFESSOR". Can someone please fill in the missing songs, if any. Please enjoy.

AYE GULBADAN
Mohd. Rafi
Lyrics: Hasrat Jaipuri

HAMARE GAON KOI AAYEGA
Lata & Asha

KHULI FALAK MEIN JHUTHA GUSSA
Mohd. Rafi
Lyrics: Shailendra

MAIN CHALI MAIN CHALI
Lata & Mohd. Rafi

YEH UMR HAI KYA RANGEELI
Manna Dey, Asha & Usha

AWAZ DEKE
Lata & Mohd. Rafi
SKG
Hi Irfan,

The songs with me do not have the extra stanzas, unfortunately. But here they are........
theonlyq
akbarali bahi or anyone else who previosuly d/l thjese tracks can yu plz plz u/l them again as i lost them..need all the sogs from Professor thanks guys

2) DIN SARA GUZARA TORE ANGANA

-Lata Mangeshkar

QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Dec 10 2005, 09:55 AM) *

Continuing with the "Movie of the Week" topic, here are 6 songs in CDQ rom the evergreen film "PROFESSOR". Can someone please fill in the missing songs, if any. Please enjoy.

AYE GULBADAN
Mohd. Rafi

HAMARE GAON KOI AAYEGA
Lata & Asha

KHULI FALAK MEIN JHUTHA GUSSA
Mohd. Rafi

MAIN CHALI MAIN CHALI
Lata & Mohd. Rafi

YEH UMR HAI KYA RANGEELI
Manna Dey, Asha & Usha

AWAZ DEKE
Lata & Mohd. Rafi

akbaralibhai
Hello theonlyq:

Here are the songs from Professor. The quality is excellent (CDQ). Please enjoy and let me know how the quality was.
theonlyq
Thank you akbarali bhai just need these two now..

2) DIN SARA GUZARA TORE ANGANA

-Lata Mangeshkar

ps the quality is awsome!!!
Qadir
akbaralibhai
Qadir Bhai, here are the remaining two songs from Junglee. Thank you for your comments regarding the quality.
Shahrukh3000
today i bought the film JUNGLEE on DVD
Here are all the songs with extra stanza's

ENJOY!
fiftysomeone
QUOTE(Shahrukh3000 @ May 8 2006, 10:33 PM) *

ENJOY!

Thanks for all these extra stanzas in almost every song.
oye_sonu
thumbs-up.gif Shahrukh bhai thanks for the songs.

Really appreciate your efforts for ripping those songs from DVD bow.gif

God bless & bye bye.gif

Sonu
akbaralibhai
Thank you very much Shahrukh for uploading all the songs of Junglee.
nasir
QUOTE(skg @ Dec 5 2005, 07:08 PM) *

On akbaralibhai's suggestion let's open the discussion of our very first movie of the week with "Junglee".

Indeed a great musical. All the songs in the movie are big hits and it is really dificult to choose any favourite. Lots of interesting things can be said about the music like Prayag Raj being invited to shout "Yahoo".

One more interesting thing to note is the use of Mukesh as playback singer for Anup Kumar. In the past Madan Mohan had used Talat (Humse Aaya Na Gaya) and Manna De (Kaun Aaya Mere Manke Dware) both in Dekh Kabira Roya. My personal choice would have been to use Manna De again as his voice suited Anup Kumar the best. Although Mukesh has done a great job in "Nain Tumhare Mazedar" if you just consider the song as standalone. However, I still think that Manna De would have suited better as playback singer for Anup Kumar for this song. What say?

I think that the song being an easy going one, perhaps the Duo did not think that there was no need for Manna De here. Regarding the playback singers used for Anoop Kumar in the aforesaid films, one was a ghazal (best suited: Talat); and the other was a semi-classical and high pitched song; (best suited: Manne De).

NASIR
mohd2004
QUOTE(Shahrukh3000 @ May 8 2006, 11:33 PM) *

ENJOY!

Thanks Shahrukh Bhai for the Junglee songs with extra stanzas.

Mohd.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.