Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lata Records Her First Duet With A.r. Rahman
Hamara Forums > Legends > Lata Mangeshkar
Zayed
Hello, members,

LATA RECORDS HER FIRST DUET WITH A.R. RAHMAN :

<<Mumbai, Nov 30, Veteran Lata Mangeshkar has teamed up with ace music director and singer A.R. Rahman, as the duo have recorded their first ever duet for Rakeysh Mehra's "Rang De Basanti".

"Though I have sung for Rahman before, I had never sung with him," Lata laughs.

"It's a lovely 'maa-beta' (mother-son) song 'Lukka-chuppi bahut hui saamne aa ja na', which Rahman and I sang. What really added to my pleasure was the fact that the song will be picturised on Waheeda Rehman. She is one of my favourite actresses and I have sung some of my favourite numbers for her."

Prasoon Joshi, who wrote songs for "Phir Milenge" and the promotional number for "Black", has penned down the new Lata-Rahman duet.

Coincidentally, the last time Lata sang for Waheeda Rehman was also a mother-son song "Tu mere saath rahega munne" for composer Khayyam in "Trishul".

The 76-year-old singer flew to Chennai to record the duet. "Rahman was keen that I sing in his own studio. I was more than happy to oblige."

Rakeysh Mehra is over the moon. "To have Lataji sing for my film was a dream. When she came for the recording, my knees and hands were trembling. This is the Lata Mangeshkar, for god's sake!"

Rakeysh is not the only one singing paeans for the legendary singer. Composer Ismail Durbar too is in seventh heaven. Lata is recording a song for Ismail for the first time.

The song is for a film called, "Pyar Kiya To Nibhana", to be directed by Vinay, Sooraj Barjatya's former assistant.

The composer, who was blessed with a son this week, is doubly ecstatic.

"Every time I thought of a tune, I would wonder how it would sound in her voice. And now she is finally singing for me."

Says the ecstatic composer: "I have told Lata didi I would like her to sing all the female vocals in this film. To have her sing for me is a dream-come-true.

"I should have been born twenty years ago. To what heights she took the tunes of the earlier composers. I was over the moon when she rang me to wish me 'Eid Mubarak'. I have celebrated Eid many times, but this one will be a memorable one.">>

MusicIndiaOnline, November 2005.

rolleyes.gif

Zayed
august
hi zayed,
it is going to be a wonderful duet.
but lata sang her last song for wahida rehman in "lamhe" in early nineties.
gudiya rani ,bitiya rani
pariyonki nagari se...

two songs i like most among lata-rehman combination are
1) o paalanhare.. (lagaan)
2) pyara sa gaon... (zubaida)
wish rehman would engage lata for many more songs and even consider lata-asha duet.
wo hua to sone pe suhaga..
Zayed
In her artistic career, Latajee always selects Music Directors and Lyricists who offers her best compositions.Lata's songs for Maestro A.R. Rahman are very melodious with sentimental lyrics.Only a few songs and Latajee sang religious, innocent, lover, peace notes for A.R. Rahman.All songs are ones of my favorites :

- Jiya jale (Dil se)
- O Paalanhare (Lagaan)
- Khamoshiyan Gungunane Lagi (One two Ka Four)
- Ek Tu Hi Bharosa (Pukar)
- So Gaye Hain (Zubeidaa) Part I & II
- Pyara sa gaon (Zubeidaa)
- Vande Mataram (Private)

The first recording melody "Jiya jale" is the Lata's favourite.You can see the ninghtingale singing in her own voice for the film "Pukar".

For newcomers Music Directors best Music Directors, I prefer A.R. Rahman, Vishal Bharadwaj, Ismail Darbar, Jatin Lalit and Himesh Reshammiya.

rolleyes.gif

Zayed
august
after rehman, its vishal bhardwaj for me.
machis and hu tu tu are one of the best creations in 90's.
lata's renditions matching with gulzar's lyrics.
just like they did in aandhi, masoom, ghar and kinara and many more films.
in 70-80's it was rdb-lata-gulzar combination.
in 90's it could have been vishal-lata-gulzar but lata had reduced her singing
and vishal turned to direction.

sani_thakur
Click to view attachment

Source: musicindiaonline.com biggrin.gif
(anyone has a full-size pic of the above Lata-pic ???) rolleyes.gif
august
sani,
i'll try and get it.
par tab tak ye photos dekh lo.
august
sani,
i found these two photos.
see if they can do.
sani_thakur
QUOTE(august @ Dec 2 2005, 05:36 AM) *

sani,
i found these two photos.
see if they can do.

Hmmm - thanks August - I think I might have the full size pic of the left pic smile1.gif need to check -- i forget stuff like these biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.