Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Some Songs Haunt?
Hamara Forums > Legends > Lata Mangeshkar
aahat
I am listening to Uthayeja unke sitam currently, in repeat mode. I am unable to understand why some songs haunt, not just mesmerise, the listeners... Any thoughts one this?
ShreeD
QUOTE(aahat @ Nov 25 2005, 08:56 AM) *

I am listening to Uthayeja unke sitam currently, in repeat mode. I am unable to understand why some songs haunt, not just mesmerise, the listeners... Any thoughts one this?

Don't know the reason but know the feeling. These haunting melodies is a thing of the past and Lata tai has a lion's share over there too.

Shree
august
haunting melodies have always been lata's business.
such songs capture our imagination better than any other songs.
(and as a rule, they should be enjoyed in one's own company.)

the list would go on but i have my favourite from anupama- kuchh dilne kaha.
and there is another " ye nam ankhein" from hu tu tu.
(and shree, i liked it when u addressed her as lata tai. tired of reading- didi, ji,bai etc.)
Ashraf
Well said...The most haunting melodies are sung by Lataji....If some body ask 'who made u in tears most no of times?'...my answer is Lataji...I can't describe in words how she affects me..If I hear any of Lata melody I get sentimental....The last one which haunted me for long is 'tere naianaaa kyum bhar aaye'.

This ability of her is what makes Lata differenent from other singers.
stormey

Lag ja gale from Woh kaun thi&Mujhe yaad karne wale from Rishte naate also fall into this category.Surprisingly a lot of these haunting type melodies are a Lata Ji/Madan Mohan combo.
desai2rn
Too many songs to list here.

one of the song I listen to often is 'Yara sily sily ' from Lekin, composed
by her brother.

Ramesh
stormey

another one is aayega aanewala from mahal. Amazing tune
usrafian

Veriiiiiiii long list..

-Khelo Na Mere Dil Se , O Mere Sajna O Sajnaa O Saaaajnaaaa (Haqiqat)
-Chand Phir Nikla Magar Tum Na Aaaaye, Jalaa Phir Mera Dil Me.n Kya Karoon Haaye (Paying Guest)
-Tumhe.n Yaad Karte Karte Jaayegi Rain Sariii,Tum Le Gaye Ho Apne Sang Niind Bhi Hamaari (Amarpali)
-Me.n To Kab Se Khadi Iis Par Ke Akkhiyaan Thak Gaii Panth Nihaar (Madhumati)
-Tera Mera Pyar Amar Phir Kyun Mhjhko Lagta Hai Dar (Asli Naqli)
endless End.

kesuma
QUOTE(aahat @ Nov 25 2005, 02:26 PM) *

hiya aahat jii..

could you upload this song please... thx

kes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.