Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yeh Daag Daag Ujaala - Madhurani (nazm)
Hamara Forums > Music > Ghazals, Nazms and Geet
Anupama
Hi Jagdish,
Here is your request ;

Yeh Daag Daag Ujaala Yeh Shab Gazeeda Safar
Woh Intezaar Tha Jiska Yeh Woh Sehar Toh Nahin
______Faiz Ahmed Faiz

smile1.gif
imjagdish
QUOTE(Anupama @ Nov 24 2005, 10:30 PM) *

Hi Jagdish,
Here is your request ;

______Faiz Ahmed Faiz

smile1.gif

Thanks Anu!!
I am not too sure, but looks like this one is from Intezaar.. Is Dileep Kumar giving the commentary?
Anupama
QUOTE(imjagdish @ Nov 28 2005, 01:27 AM) *

Hi Jagdish,
Here is your request ;

______Faiz Ahmed Faiz

smile1.gif

Thanks Anu!!
I am not too sure, but looks like this one is from Intezaar.. Is Dileep Kumar giving the commentary?

Ji Jagdish , This is from Intezaar & You guessed that right........ thats Dilip Kumar
smile1.gif
imjagdish
QUOTE(Anupama @ Nov 30 2005, 03:07 AM) *

Hi Jagdish,
Here is your request ;

______Faiz Ahmed Faiz

smile1.gif

Thanks Anu!!

Ji Jagdish , This is from Intezaar & You guessed that right........ thats Dilip Kumar
smile1.gif

Are Anu ye "Ji" ki zaroorat nahi hai. Jagdish se kaam aasaani se chal jaayega...
Prabhakar
Dear Anupamaji and Jagdish,

I listened to this Nazm a long time after downloading it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is it from the movie Intezaar made in Pakistan in 1956 and in which Noor Jehan acted ? Who is/was Madhurani ? How does Dilip Kumar end up introducing this piece (? part of an album unrelated to the movie) ? What are the other pieces in the album ?Can you provide more information ?

I am uploading it for those who have not heard this beautiful nazm.

Prabhakar

QUOTE(imjagdish @ Nov 30 2005, 10:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Anupama @ Nov 30 2005, 03:07 AM) *

Hi Jagdish,
Here is your request ;

______Faiz Ahmed Faiz

smile1.gif

Thanks Anu!!

smile1.gif

Are Anu ye "Ji" ki zaroorat nahi hai. Jagdish se kaam aasaani se chal jaayega...

AzgarKhan
Awesome upload thanks so much Prabhakar.
abhayp
QUOTE(Prabhakar @ Feb 22 2007, 07:55 AM) *

I listened to this Nazm a long time after downloading it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is it from the movie Intezaar made in Pakistan in 1956 and in which Noor Jehan acted ? Who is/was Madhurani ? How does Dilip Kumar end up introducing this piece (? part of an album unrelated to the movie) ? What are the other pieces in the album ?Can you provide more information ?

If I may step in...the rendition is from a non-film album called "Intezar" that (IIRC) came out in the late 1990s. It had about 7-8 ghazals/nazms sung by Madhurani, a Mumbai-based ghazal singer who was quite popular in the 1980s. Penaaz Masani is one of her students. Dilip Kumar introduced the album as a whole and this specific nazm separately. The only other recording I know of where one can hear Madhurani's voice is in the film "Alaap" - hers is one of the voices in the song "na_ii rii lagan".

I don't much care for Madhurani's mannered renditions, but some of the pieces in the album were good - I especially remember the nazm "meraa dard naGamaa-e-besadaa" and the ghazal "tere Gam ko jaa.N kii talaash thii".

Warm regards
Abhay
Prabhakar
Thank you, Abhaypji, for the information. Do you or does any member of the forum have any other ghazals from this album that they may share with us ?

While doing internet search on Madhurani, I found an intereview of Kavita Krishnamurthy by Avinash Ramchandani in which Kavita Krishanmurthy talks about Madhurani and this is the segment from that interview :

AR: Which singer do you most admire?
Kavita: In films, definitely Lata Mangeshkar. She heads the list as far as I am concerned. But otherwise in the field of classical music, there is a lady called Kishoria Mankar, she is mind-boggling. She is one in a century. There is an artist who is excellent in ghazals. She is probably not as well known as many other people, but her name is Madhurani. She is simply brilliant. Those three singers, Kishoria (?? Kishori) Mankar, Madhurani and Lataji.
(www.planetbollywood.com/people/kavita.html)

Any one with any music by the other singer - Kishori(a) Mankar ?

Prabhakar

QUOTE(abhayp @ Feb 24 2007, 01:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Prabhakar @ Feb 22 2007, 07:55 AM) *

If I may step in...the rendition is from a non-film album called "Intezar" that (IIRC) came out in the late 1990s. It had about 7-8 ghazals/nazms sung by Madhurani, a Mumbai-based ghazal singer who was quite popular in the 1980s. Penaaz Masani is one of her students. Dilip Kumar introduced the album as a whole and this specific nazm separately. The only other recording I know of where one can hear Madhurani's voice is in the film "Alaap" - hers is one of the voices in the song "na_ii rii lagan".

I don't much care for Madhurani's mannered renditions, but some of the pieces in the album were good - I especially remember the nazm "meraa dard naGamaa-e-besadaa" and the ghazal "tere Gam ko jaa.N kii talaash thii".

Warm regards
Abhay

Talaikya
Is that Kishori Amonkar probably?
shaibaal

My guess is that the singer being referred to Kishori Amonkar - and she is a giant in the field of classical music. I will upload a few tracks in the Raag Rang threads.

Shaibaal

Mirch Masala
QUOTE(Anupama @ Nov 25 2005, 04:00 AM) *

Hi Jagdish,
Here is your request ;

______Faiz Ahmed Faiz

smile1.gif

Great Upload Anupama ji .

Also thank you to Prabhakar for recycling Anupama's original upload, so that members who missed it the first time may be able to download now.

MM
Prabhakar
Now, why did I not think of that ?

Thank you, Shaibal.

Prabhakar

QUOTE(shaibaal @ Feb 24 2007, 04:41 AM) *

My guess is that the singer being referred to Kishori Amonkar - and she is a giant in the field of classical music. I will upload a few tracks in the Raag Rang threads.

Shaibaal

desai2rn
QUOTE(Mirch Masala @ Feb 24 2007, 05:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Anupama @ Nov 25 2005, 04:00 AM) *

Hi Jagdish,
Here is your request ;

______Faiz Ahmed Faiz

smile1.gif

Great Upload Anupama ji .

Also thank you to Prabhakar for recycling Anupama's original upload, so that members who missed it the first time may be able to download now.

MM

Thanks for u/l
Inaam
Thank you very much, Prabhakar ji, for this wonderful upload. clap1.gif
I wish I could find the ghazals, mentioned by Abhay!

Thanks again!

Prabhakar
This is the information about this album by Madhurani :

Intezar
Madhurani
1. Mera Dard Naghma-E-Be-Sada 2. Woh Jo Hum Mein Tum Mein Qarar Tha 3. Na Woh Baat Kar Mere Ham Nawa 4. Yaad Aata Hai, Dil Lazzate Nigahe 5. Aankhon Ka Tha Qusoor Na Dil Ka Qusoor Tha 6. Tere Gham Ko Jaan Ki Takaash Thi 7. Yeh Daagh Daagh Ujala --- Dilip Kumar's Presentation.
EMI 115042
(Non-Film Music/ Ghazals)

If someone has any or all of these and would be kind enough to share them, it will be much appreciated.

Prabhakar

abhayp
QUOTE(Inaam @ Feb 26 2007, 09:17 PM) *

I do have the cassette. Will try my best to digitise it this weekend so I can upload the remaining songs.

Warm regards,
Abhay
Prabhakar
Thank you.

Waiting eagerly.

Prabhakar
QUOTE(abhayp @ Feb 27 2007, 12:23 PM) *

I do have the cassette. Will try my best to digitise it this weekend so I can upload the remaining songs.

Warm regards,
Abhay

Prabhakar
Dear Abhayji,

Still waiting patiently. Please do upload these when you get finished.

Prabhakar

QUOTE(abhayp @ Feb 27 2007, 12:23 PM) *

Warm regards,
Abhay

Fayz
QUOTE(Prabhakar @ Feb 27 2007, 03:23 AM) *

This is the information about this album by Madhurani :

Intezar
Madhurani
1. Mera Dard Naghma-E-Be-Sada 2. Woh Jo Hum Mein Tum Mein Qarar Tha 3. Na Woh Baat Kar Mere Ham Nawa 4. Yaad Aata Hai, Dil Lazzate Nigahe 5. Aankhon Ka Tha Qusoor Na Dil Ka Qusoor Tha 6. Tere Gham Ko Jaan Ki Takaash Thi 7. Yeh Daagh Daagh Ujala --- Dilip Kumar's Presentation.
EMI 115042
(Non-Film Music/ Ghazals)

If someone has any or all of these and would be kind enough to share them, it will be much appreciated.

Prabhakar

Prabhakar Jee,
Please read y'r personal email.
abhayp
QUOTE(Fayz @ Mar 15 2007, 07:38 PM) *

Prabhakar

Prabhakar Jee,

Prabhakar: Not sure what Fayz's email says to you but if you still need these ghazals, I will rip them over the weekend and post them.

Warm regards
Abhay
Fayz
QUOTE(abhayp @ Mar 15 2007, 05:12 PM) *

Prabhakar

Prabhakar Jee,

Prabhakar: Not sure what Fayz's email says to you but if you still need these ghazals, I will rip them over the weekend and post them.

Warm regards
Abhay

Prabhakar Jee,

Because i dont know if i can post it on HF, because of the date 2004.
Thats why it would like to email this.
Prabhakar
I got them, have not listened to them yet. Thank you, Fayzbhai.

Prabhakar

QUOTE(Fayz @ Mar 15 2007, 10:20 PM) *

QUOTE(abhayp @ Mar 15 2007, 05:12 PM) *

Prabhakar

Prabhakar Jee,

Warm regards
Abhay

Prabhakar Jee,

Because i dont know if i can post it on HF, because of the date 2004.
Thats why it would like to email this.

Prabhakar
I got them from Fayzji and as the post from him says you can not upload it here because of the year.

Thank you for your offer.

Prabhakar

QUOTE(abhayp @ Mar 15 2007, 09:42 PM) *

Prabhakar

Prabhakar Jee,

Warm regards
Abhay

girish_ahuja
superb collection. Beautiful voice
girish_ahuja
Can't find the torrent??
vinodverma
QUOTE(girish_ahuja @ Dec 8 2008, 12:43 PM) *

Can't find the torrent??

I am one of those fortunates who have the privilege of knowing Madhurani personally and have listened to her live. In ghazal singing, There is no one near her in comparison. She is a long time disciple of Begum Akhtar and accompanied her during her various concerts in 50's and 60's. She is guru of Peenaz.
She has not recorded many ghazals and the album Intezar is the only one in open.
She has settled down in Mumbai. She also happened to be a judge in one of the music reality shows hosted by sonu nigam a few years back.

Vinod
valia
thanxxxxxxxxx for the wonderful number
abhilash
QUOTE(valia @ Mar 4 2009, 03:44 AM) *

thanxxxxxxxxx for the wonderful number

Hii.... i reaally want this album intezar by madhurani with the intros given by dilip kumar.. iv been huntin fr this bt havnt been able to find it yet.. if any1 cud giv me the torrent to this beautiful album or upload it on here.. i wil be very grateful... plz do contact me at abhilash.sudhindran@gmail.com if u hav any info... really need it.. thnx a ton smile1.gif
valia
thank buddy
smahesh

Hi Jagdish,
Here is your request ;

______Faiz Ahmed Faiz

smile1.gif

a request for reupload of the ghazal.

regards,
mahesh
Bhavita

uploaded on this link

http://www.divshare.com/folder/804781-2e3

smahesh
QUOTE(Bhavita @ Mar 31 2011, 08:43 PM) *

bhavitaji,
thanks a ton.

regards,
mahesh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.