Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Of My Top Two Suman Songs
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Singers > Suman Kalyanpur
abhayp
If I have to define Suman Kalyanpur as a singer, I find two songs top of mind, songs that I can listen to again and again and again...the first one is "sharaabii sharaabii ye saawan kaa mausam" from "Noor Jehan" and the second one is the song uploaded here: "kaTiile kaTiile nashiile nashiile kaise jho.nke aaye" from the film "Zindagi Aur Khwab". Picturised on Meena Kumari and marvellously tuned by Dattaram, the song shows Suman at her very best. The use of the chorus adds to the beauty of the song, something that rarely happens in Hindi film songs! The lyrics are by Pradeep.

I had put out a request for this song long ago on HF, but got no response. A few months ago, I found the VCD of the film and immediately digitised the song. On hearing it for the nth time today, I remembered that HF now had a Suman forum, and decided to upload it here. I hope I have a few fellow admirers of the song here!

Click to view attachment

Warm regards,
Abhay
zippoo
Abhay Ji,

Bahut Shukriya, heard this after ages.
Bawra Jay
Dear Abhay and Zippo...

I have 2 songs of this movie in CDQ.... I would just upload them if case anyone of you or others dont have it smile1.gif

shuklas
Abhay Jee & Bawara Jee :

Indeed wonderful uploads. Thanks.

Shklas
usrafian
QUOTE(abhayp @ Nov 16 2005, 06:45 PM) *

If I have to define Suman Kalyanpur as a singer, I find two songs top of mind, songs that I can listen to again and again and again...the first one is "sharaabii sharaabii ye saawan kaa mausam" from "Noor Jehan" and the second one is the song uploaded here: "kaTiile kaTiile nashiile nashiile kaise jho.nke aaye" from the film "Zindagi Aur Khwab". Picturised on Meena Kumari and marvellously tuned by Dattaram, the song shows Suman at her very best. The use of the chorus adds to the beauty of the song, something that rarely happens in Hindi film songs! The lyrics are by Pradeep.

I had put out a request for this song long ago on HF, but got no response. A few months ago, I found the VCD of the film and immediately digitised the song. On hearing it for the nth time today, I remembered that HF now had a Suman forum, and decided to upload it here. I hope I have a few fellow admirers of the song here!

Click to view attachment

Warm regards,
Abhay

clap2.gif Wah Abhayji Wah , Kya anmole ratan la ke rakh diya hai

Thankyou sir.

usrafian
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Nov 17 2005, 03:42 AM) *

I have 2 songs of this movie in CDQ.... I would just upload them if case anyone of you or others dont have it smile1.gif

BJji,

Na Jaane Kahan Tum Thhey...

my search gets over for this song, thanks (actually 'thanks' can't justify the feelings).

zippoo
Abhay Ji,

Considering the madhurta of the 3 songs uploaded already, would really appreciate an opportunity to listen to the rest of the numbers from this movie, in the appropriate fora.

Bahut shukhriya.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.