Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Countries/cities/towns Game
Hamara Forums > General > Games N' Puzzles
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Mandrake
Ok, since that looks like a good idea, Icelanders have a very simple way of naming their children.

If John has a son called Sam, his name is Sam Johnsson; his son Peter will be Peter Samsson; his son Richard will be Richard Petersson...
gkshyam
That's great piece of Info Mandrake!!! thumbs-up.gif (blab.gif Nimii.......you deleted something ehh???? blink.gif blab.gif)

NIGERIA smile1.gif
divz
hum bhi aa jayein kya?? aa gaye ji

AGARTALA
gkshyam
WOW!!!! Divyanjali smile1.gif Welcome Welcome smile1.gif Arre wah!!! Yahaan toh acchi mehfil jam rahi hai thumbs-up.gif smile1.gif

AMRAVATI wink2.gif (Town in the State of Maharashtra smile1.gif)
Mandrake
Looks like folks are giving names without additional interesting info - both Shyam and Divya are guilty wink2.gif
gkshyam
Mr.Guilty, trying to get some details for the visitors of this thread, in the process, enhancing his own knowledge....... biggrin.gif smile1.gif

Amravati, is a district located in the Deccan Plateau area of Maharashtra. Extremely famous for its tourist spot "Chikaldhara", which also boasts of a connection with the famous Indian epic - Mahabharata. Chikaldhara also happens to be the only area in Maharashtra that grows Coffee. This district also shares its border with another Indian State, Madhya Pradesh.
tahir77
Indonesia
sri
ALCHI
in the Ladakh region of North India. The village of Alchi in lower Ladakh is to be considered one of the most important cultural sites throughout the Himalayas.

Pic of Alchi - as well as map showing where Ladakh is located, in North India
tahir77
Iran biggrin.gif
gkshyam
NEW YORK smile1.gif (Ab iske baare mein kya special bataaun.......jo bhi kuch hai, sabhi jaante hain........Atleast I dunno anything more special, than the others here....... tongue.gif)
Mandrake
NEW York,Shyam? Where is Old York????
sri
With 'K' next ..Since we are talking of YORK - here's a pic of YORK Hotel in a town called
KALGOORLIE, in Australia - famous for gold mines

More than a hundred years ago, gold was struck in 2 places in Western Australia - quite near each other.
One was Coolgardie and the other was Kalgoorlie

Sri
tahir77
England
Nimii
DALHOUSIE

This is a hill station in Himachal Pradesh.. Surrounded by the Chamba and Pangi Valleys!

I couldnt go there and was able to go upto Palampur sad.gif

Dalhousie got its name after Lord Dalhousie.

More about Dalhousie
NATURE
NIMMI JI , For a moment I thought U were talking about "DALHOUSIE , NOVA SOCTIA , CANADA" ...
Anyway , there is another DALHOUSIE in HP ...

EAST TORRENS ... ( AUSTRALIA )
divz
QUOTE(Mandrake @ Oct 16 2005, 05:20 PM) *
Looks like folks are giving names without additional interesting info - both Shyam and Divya are guilty wink2.gif

ok ok Mji i accept my fault..... Agartala, as u all know, capital of Tripura state, NE India, near the Bangladesh border. A market town for rice, tea, jute, and oilseed, it is the commercial center of the region.well to know little bit abt Agartala.. visit the following links
http://eng.sdsu.edu/tripti/OurState/Agartala.htm
http://www.iloveindia.com/travel/agartala/

well i am too lazy to search for more..tongue.gif ab fotu-shotu na kehna u/l karne ko.. kabhi gaye nahi wahan..aur net pe search karne ka time nahi hai apun ke paas..smile1.gif
Nimii
Nature ji that is right! I am talking of Dalhousie very much in our pyara country! smile.gif

Divz spank.gif jab dekho lazybum bante jaa rahi ho angry.gif naughty gal tongue.gif

SUMATRA (INDONESIA) - Lot of seismic activities happen here! On March 28 this year the place experienced an earthquake which was of 8.7 magnitude!

Sumatra is also the 6th largest island in the world.

IPB Image
preet
Andamaan...

The Andaman Islands are a group of islands in the Bay of Bengal, and are part of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands Union Territory of India. Port Blair is the chief community on the islands, and the administrative center of the Union Territory. The Andaman Islands and the Nicobar Islands form separate administrative districts within the Union Territory. The population of the Andamans was 314,239 in 2001.

hey got a very beautiful pic of india's map smile1.gif
Click to view attachment
tahir77
NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS
Nimii
Preetz endangered group of tribals live here !! Sentilese, Scomps, Nicobarese and Onges!

Only 36 of the 572 islands of A & N are inhabited!

It is really a beautiful place and the ppl are so simple and friendly! I enjoyed my 7 days trip to A & N 3 years back!

NAMIBIA (Southern part of AFRICA) - Known for the wild life sanctuaries and safaris!
IPB Image
preet
wow Nimz you have been there too!!!! wish i could go there too!!! sad1.gif thanks for the information didnt know about the tribals... do they attack you the way they show in movies ohmy.gif

Aurangabaad

tahir77
DENMARK
Nimii
thanks for the information didnt know about the tribals... do they attack you the way they show in movies ohmy.gif

Preetz in those 4 groups of tribals, the Sentilese are supposed to be very unsocial.

They attack us.. more out of fear than with any malicious intent. It is like the defensive move by animals!

Yes Preetz it is my dream to visit all the parts of our country and travel world wide!!!!!!!!!!!

N smile.gif
Nimii
KALIMPONG (IN WEST BENGAL)

Another beautiful place! It is a hill station between Siliguri and Gangtok.
The name, Kalimpong, has three different origins. One, it means the place where the local tribesmen gathered to organize field sports, second, it takes it’s name from the Bhutanese king’s minister’s stronghold and thirdly, it is named after Kaulim, a fibrous plant found in abundance in this region.

Had been here last year. It is known for many nurseries of different varieties of Orchids, flowering cacti (the one I bought blossomed a beautiful orange flower last July!!)

How to get there - By Road: Kalimpong is approachable by roads from Siliguri (66kms), Darjeeling (51kms) and Gangtok (79 kms;Sikkim).

IPB Image

N smile.gif
Nimii
ayyo sri headbang.gif

N
sri
N : your inspired work on KALIMPONG deserved to go ahead !! I've withdrawn my simple entry
next letter : G
tahir77
Germany cool.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(tahir77 @ Oct 18 2005, 02:28 AM) *

Germany cool.gif

this is done, i did, say another
IDOL
QUOTE(Zaira @ Oct 18 2005, 05:16 AM) *

NICARAGUA

it's G, zair
Nimii
AYYO I GOT WAIT THEN headbang.gif

N hairpull.gif

preet
QUOTE(Nimii @ Oct 17 2005, 11:18 PM) *
Yes Preetz it is my dream to visit all the parts of our country and travel world wide!!!!!!!!!!!

N smile.gif

Nimz plz plz mere ko bhi le chalo!!!!! main sub kaam karungi bus le chalo!!!! tongue.gif

Nimii
Preetz yes yes!! It would good fun biggrin.gif I hate going with elders coz jab dekho yeh mat karna woh mat karna sad1.gif

But then we need M V R na wink2.gif it will be all the more fun coz we can khoob bug them tongue.gif

N biggrin.gif
tahir77
GREENLAND
Nimii
DIBRUGARH (ASSAM)

Dibrugarh which is the headquarter of the district derived its name from Dibarumukh. The name derived from the mouth(mukh) of the river Dibaru or Dibru.

IPB Image
shivani
Hampshire

and N mujeh bhi jaana hai sad1.gif lets just take our backpacks and start globetrotting.
tahir77
EQUATORIAL GUINEA
IPB Image
Nimii
Zzzz.. hf ke ladkiyan on the Adventurous tours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N smile.gif

AMSTERDAM (EUROPE)

Also known as the sex capital of Europe doh.gif
tahir77
Mangolia
Nimii
Tahir out to keep lashing out his favourite actress' name's first alphabet!!!!!!!!!! spank.gif

ARMENIA!

IPB Image
NATURE
AUSTRALIA ...
tahir77
Alaska
IPB Image
Nimii
NATURE ji itna bada map shocked.gif

AUSTRIA <a place I would love to live rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

N smile.gif
tahir77
ANGUILLA
Nimii
headbang.gif hairpull.gif

Oh no not A again sad1.gif

ANDHRA PRADESH
tahir77
Hyderabad
Nimii
DHANBAD <BIHAR>

N jump.gif
sri
Dhan may be bad ... but not so with Daulat

DAULATABAD <Maharashtra>

Sri

Nimii
DHARMAPURI < TAMIL NADU >

n tongue.gif
tahir77
IreLand
Nimii
DETROIT < city known for manufacturing CARS - US of America >
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.