Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Request - Lata Mangeshkar Ji And Bhimsen Joshi Album
Hamara Forums > Legends > Lata Mangeshkar
aek
I remember going back so many years there was an album by Lataji and Bimsen Joshi.
Has anyone heard that album? Would someone be kind enough to upload some songs like 'Baaje re muraliya baaje' and other ones from that album.

Also, is there a forum to request for Bhimsen Joshi's classic renditions of 'Jo Bhaje Hari Ko Sadaa' and other great renditions?

Thanks
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(aek @ Sep 23 2005, 06:36 AM) *

I remember going back so many years there was an album by Lataji and Bimsen Joshi.
Has anyone heard that album? Would someone be kind enough to upload some songs like 'Baaje re muraliya baaje' and other ones from that album.

Also, is there a forum to request for Bhimsen Joshi's classic renditions of 'Jo Bhaje Hari Ko Sadaa' and other great renditions?

Thanks

Aek,

I have the album you're talking about, but it is on audio tape. Ill rip it in a few days if noone else uls.

I believe I uled the Bhimsen bhajan (jo bhaje hari ko sada) you mention in the Raag-Rang forum (under examples of raga bhairavi) a few weeks ago. I can ul again on that thread.

cheers
-Manoneet
bigger_than_bollywood
Jo bhaje hari ko sada here...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...0&gopid=161029&
sani_thakur
QUOTE(aek @ Sep 23 2005, 09:36 AM) *

Thanks

I feel/believe that such non-filmi albums which are just collector's items should be bought directly, rather than uploaded. I'm not objecting the upload as such (and it is even pre-1987 album, a 1985 album), but I guess thse non-filmi albums take a lot of effort and special preparation by the singers, and I guess they deserve the respect of us all by buying such albums.

Filmi songs are sort of little harder to get - and are so scattered - download that - I guess that maybe fine - but non-filmi - in my honest opinion, should be bought, for the sake of music, for the sake of Ur favourite singer, and most importantly, u r totally getting ur money's (Rs.99) worth for this album - fantastic songs. However, I am not sure if this is one of those rare non-filmi albums.

(Apologies if I have upset any ppl.)

Attaching pic of CD-cover/back along with this.
Click to view attachment
bigger_than_bollywood
I agree with u Sani, where possible people shld buy CDs esp. those where all songs are collectors items. The only caveat I'd add is that sometimes a CD really is not available at a certain location and in these situations the upload request may be legit. Of course it is the prerogative of the moderators to allow or dis-allow a certain album.

sani_thakur
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Sep 24 2005, 04:14 AM) *

I agree with u Sani, where possible people shld buy CDs esp. those where all songs are collectors items. The only caveat I'd add is that sometimes a CD really is not available at a certain location and in these situations the upload request may be legit. Of course it is the prerogative of the moderators to allow or dis-allow a certain album.

Achhi point hai - if one has to listen to it temporarily, then I guess online websites are a good way.

Otherwise...I guess U could even download the songs for temporary, but then do make sure that U buy the original whenever U go to a place where CDs are available. (and i am sure few years or so, all of us visit our favourite Bharat - i am dying to graduate and go visit Calcutta rolleyes.gif ).
That is what I did for Meera Soor Kabeera - I got them from the internet, and then when I went to India after high school, I bought the original cassette there. I think the next time I go, I'll buy the original CD - since my cassette got wound up with the player and while taking it out, the tape got some scratches.

The point is - buy music smile.gif - especially the non-filmi ones.

Well - yes - moderators are always there - but we should have our self-judgement too, I guess. Some time back when Unni-ji said something about some songs being easily avilable at some places, the requester got all upset. I think the 1987 rule should be only for filmi-songs. For non-filmi ones, there should be some other year-deadline..something like 1980 or so.
Talaikya
This one's been requested and uploaded at HF before. So now what??
aek
Sani Ji,

I agree with what you are saying. Some of us students are just trying to make and break here. We donot want to lose out on these classic renditions. It might sound wrong, but some of us do not have access to such rare classic tapes and that is why the request to upload.

If you have some of these renditions and you can share that with us, I will be highly grateful.

Thank you in advance

- Aek

QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Sep 23 2005, 08:11 PM) *

gaateraho
Hi, can someone share all these gems?

Thanks
g
shridharmarathe
QUOTE(gaateraho @ Feb 21 2009, 08:16 AM) *

Thanks
g

Here's first installment...

Ram Shyam Gun Gaan
Music Director – Shriniwas Khale
Singers Bhimsenji Joshi & Lataji

1 Ram_Bhajan_Kar_Man_-_Lata_Mangeshkar
Min 6.08
128 kbps

2 Ram_Ka_Gun_Gaan_Kariye_-_Lata_Mangeshkar,_Pandit_Bhimsen_Joshi
Min 5.12
128 kbps

3 Sumati_Sita_Ram_-_Pandit_Bhimsen_Joshi
Min 4.58
128 kbps

- Shridhar Marathe
shridharmarathe
QUOTE(gaateraho @ Feb 21 2009, 08:16 AM) *

Thanks
g

Now the second installment...

Ram Shyam Gun Gaan
Music Director – Shriniwas Khale
Singers Bhimsenji Joshi & Lataji

4 Shri_Ram_Jai_Ram_-_Lata_Mangeshkar,_Pandit_Bhimsen_Joshi
Min 8.38
128 kbps

6 Narayan_Vandan_-_Lata_Mangeshkar,_Pandit_Bhimsen_Joshi
Min 5.11
128 kbps

3 Sumati_Sita_Ram_-_Pandit_Bhimsen_Joshi
Min 4.58
128 kbps

Unfortunately I don't have couple of songs from the album. Can anybody upload them ?

- Shridhar Marathe
Faraaj73
Shridhar Ji

Thanks for the upload.

Kind Regards
Faraaj
Bhavita

Link to the Bhajans from this Album here:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/PMNUNlt5/Lata_M...Pandit_Bhi.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.