Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rare: Kahe Peehu Peehu Bole (irene Parveen)
Hamara Forums > Films > Lollywood
jamalf_akbar
Hi,

The song 'Kahe Peehu Peehu Bole' is from the film Zinda Laash (1967) and is sung by Irene Parveen. This film was considered lost for many years until it was tracked down, cleaned and restored and released as a DVD a couple of years back. There is only a small portion of this song available in the film as the original negative was badly damaged in places.

The songs is posted in the Rafi forum here:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...st=75&p=144376&

Strange place to post an Irene Parveen song I know but I had an LP recording of the full song, but the tempo and pitch wasn't right and didn't match the film version. I sent the small sample from the film and the LP recording to Kistin Bhai and Sham Bhai (after seeing their post on cleaned Rafi songs). In my opinion they have restored this gem to its original sound.

Here are the details:

Kahe Peehu Peehu Bole
Singer: Irene Parveen
Film: Zinda Laash (1967)
Music: Tassaduq Hussain
Lyrics: Mushir Kazmi

It's a real gem. Hope you enjoy it.

Jamal
Ummer
There is only a small portion of this song available in the film as the original negative was badly damaged in places.

Hello Jamal,
I bought the DVD of this film and the complete song is included in one of the extra sections of the film and the sound quality is very good.

Ummer.
Inaam
Thanks for this lovely song Jamal! What an anchanting melody. I remember I was a kid when saw this movie. I was so scarred!!! (LOL), Anyway its a beutiful song, I love the voice of Iren Perveen, She was very talented singer. The sound of flute reminds me a lovely song of Khurshid Anwar from Jhoomar 'Piya Piya Na Kook Papiha...Kook Ki Hook karejwa pe laage .. Kook Se Phoonk Na Jiya' (Nahid Niazi).

Inaam
jamalf_akbar
Hi Ummer,

I think the version included on the DVD is the LP version. If you compare it to the portion that appears in the film you'll see that the pitch and tempo are different.

Anyhow, it's a beautiful song and is one of my most favourites.

Jamal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.