Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reasonably Rare Lata Songs - Not Available Easily
Hamara Forums > Legends > Lata Mangeshkar
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
sri
Starting a new topic for reasonably rare Lata songs ( like I did for Rafi songs earlier ). I will be discussing songs here which I like and which I feel are not easily available. Other members - pl feel free to add ... but please ensure that the songs are good and the sound quality is also good, as far as possible.

Today's choice falls on a song composed by one of my favourite music directors _ Roshan - from a movie which has several great and well known songs ( Baar baar tohe kya samjhaen / ab kya misaal doon / kabhi to milegi kahin to milegi / aapne yaad dilaya to mujhe yaad aaya ) - the movie is AARTI, released in 1962

This particular song is not as well known as the others in the movie ... but is a very emotional, soulful tune - very well sung by Lata Mangeshkar .....and after so many years, continues to haunt my mind, whenever I think of it.

Here's "Bane ho ek khaak se, ameer kya gareeb kya". Top class music composition ... great words by Majrooh Sultanpuri.

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri
sri
Here is a song I like very much - sung very sweetly by Lata

Charming music of Chitragupt - lyrics of Majrooh, this song is from the movie AKASHDEEP 1965. Sound quality is very good.

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri
sri
Those members who have d/led these songs and who have enjoyed listening to them ... I would appreciate hearing back from you. After all, the purpose of the topic is to share the enjoyment of these songs with others.

So, any appreciative comments from members about these songs are most welcome !!

Thanks

Sri
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(sri @ Aug 15 2005, 12:03 PM)
Starting a new topic for reasonably rare Lata songs ( like I did for Rafi songs earlier ). I will be discussing and u/ling songs here which I like and which I feel are not easily available. Other members - pl feel free to u/l also ... but please ensure that the songs are good and the sound quality is also good, as far as possible.

Today's choice falls on a song composed by one of my avourite music directors _ Roshan - from a movie which has several great and well known songs ( Baar baar tohe kya samjhaen / ab kya misaal doon / kabhi to milegi kahin to milegi / aapne yaad dilaya to mujhe yaad aaya ) - the movie is AARTI, released in 1962

This particular song is not as well known as the others in the movie ... but is a very emotional, soulful tune - very well sung by Lata Mangeshkar .....and after so many years, continues to haunt my mind, whenever I think of it.

Here's "Bane ho ek khaak se, ameer kya gareeb kya". Top class music composition ... great words by Majrooh Sultanpuri.

Enjoy !  gift.gif

Sri

THis song is actually my favorite in this film, mainly for the lyrics. Love the
lines:
"Gareeb hai woh isliye ke tum ameer ho gaye
Ki ek baadshah hua to sau fakeer ho gaye"
Really puts life into perspective in a world where we all want to win. And in
the process we forget that in order for one person to win, somebody has to
loose. And that creates a vicious cycle.
Roshan has done a marvellous job of setting a simple tune to the powerful
lyrics thus helping to enhance them.
sri
sangeetbhakt

you are so, so right

truly moving words and a very powerful song ....without having to be loud. The scene in the movie is also well done - with Meena Kumari singing this song in front of a large audience in a theatre. A great song for any hindi music lover

Sri
r&d
Great song of Aarti. However I wish
you would not upload WMA. Some of us are
forced to re-encode it in order to listen to it.
This is little longer version than the one upload previously.
Is this Film version?
sri
QUOTE(r&d @ Aug 17 2005, 02:14 AM)
Great song of Aarti. However I wish
you would not upload WMA. Some of us are
This is little longer version than the one upload previously.
Is this Film version?

probably from the original soundtrack ....

i'll see what i can do about the wma business - didn't know that you were not able to play wma files

sri
sri
Today's special is a classical Lata number from the film Bawarchi - music of Madan Mohan

From the DVD of the film. Picturised on Jaya Bhaduri, who's dancing on stage.

Keeping in mind the request from r&d, this sample is in mp3 format - not wma

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri
sri
In the Bawarchi song u/l here - the shouts of 'wah wah' in the middle of the song come from Harindranath Chattopadhyay, the great character actor, who acts as Jaya Bhaduri's grandfather in the film

Sri
sri
QUOTE(r&d @ Aug 17 2005, 02:14 AM)
Great song of Aarti.  However I wish
you would not upload WMA.  Some of us are

r&d,

i have got myself some new software to encode in mp3 format - instead of wma - so in future you will see my uploads in mp3 format - for the convenience of all.

thanks for your feedback

Sri
sri
Here's another of my old favorites - from the film Vaasna 1968 - used to hear it regularly on the radio in the days it was released ... but after that, this song became quite rare.

A nice, lively and lilting number from Lata with lovely orchestration and interlude music ( so typical of Chitragupt ). Apparently, this movie was the first time that Chitragupt and Sahir Ludhianvi worked together. What magical music they created in this film !!

So, here's 'Jeenewale jhoom ke mastana ho ke jee'

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri
sri
Today's song is a duet - Lata with Rafi

rafi starts the song with some lovely humming ... but thereafter, has only one line 'yes my darling' to sing each time she poses a question. Lata's voice is very sweet ... overall a cute song

Music of Madan Mohan

Here's "yeh to kaho kaun ho tum" from Akeli mat jaiyo 1963

Notice the verse - the start of the verse (jaane kahan se aaya) is rather similar in tune and rhythm to the verse of the more well known title song of Tere ghar ke saamne (verse : ghar ka banana koi) - strangely, both the films were released in the same year 1963... though some records show akeli mat jaiyo having been released in 1962 !

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri
visuja
QUOTE(sri @ Aug 26 2005, 03:46 AM)
Here's "yeh to kaho kaun ho tum" from Akeli mat jaiyo 1963
Thanks sri-ji for all your gift.gifs at your 'Rare' threads. your insights and snippets into the various songs are very intersting and informative. bow.gif clap1.gif

Isnt there another Mukesh duet which starts with "Ye To Kaho Kaun Ho Tum" ??
r&d
QUOTE(sri @ Aug 21 2005, 05:28 AM)
Here's another of my old favorites - from the film Vaasna 1968 - used to hear it regularly on the radio in the days it was released ... but after that, this song became quite rare.

A nice, lively and lilting number from Lata with lovely orchestration and interlude music ( so typical of Chitragupt ). Apparently, this movie was the first time that Chitragupt and Sahir Ludhianvi worked together. What magical music they created in this film !!

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

Quality is not very good. I can't tell whether it is the source
or may be an error in the encoding.

If you want I can upload 4:03 version from the DVD.

Thanks,

Rajnish
sri
QUOTE(visuja @ Aug 26 2005, 11:46 AM)

Isnt there another Mukesh duet which starts with "Ye To Kaho Kaun Ho Tum" ??

yes .. that's from the film Aashiq ( Shailendra/ SJ combo ) ... but intriguingly it's from the same period 1962 !!
sri
QUOTE(r&d @ Aug 26 2005, 11:57 AM)

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

Thanks,

Rajnish

Please do !! look forward to your u/l from DVD source

r&d
QUOTE(sri @ Aug 26 2005, 11:44 AM)

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

Thanks,

Rajnish

Mine was from a CD - I can't understand why the quality was not OK

When I played it on my iTunes it sound like
it was over normalized (a lot of artifacts).
It sounded fine when I played using Quicktime.
Usually iTunes plays songs flawlessly.
I did notice that you used 22 KHz for sample rate.
When encoding from analog signal sample rate should be 44 KHz.
The sample rate does not determine size of the file.
So you can try 96 Kbps. Also, are you using Mp3Pro?
may be that is the problem.

After listening using Quicktime, your source is better.
If you still want the DVD version I can upload it monday.
mohd2004
QUOTE(r&d @ Aug 27 2005, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE(sri @ Aug 26 2005, 11:44 AM)

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

Thanks,

Rajnish

Mine was from a CD - I can't understand why the quality was not OK

When I played it on my iTunes it sound like
it was over normalized (a lot of artifacts). You may try
re-encoding. LAME encoder is suppose to be the best.
However I am not using Windows so the following
link might not be for you.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Au...3-Encoder.shtml

I will upload the DVD version monday.

Sri-ji, here is the DVD version, in crisp audio quality---Jeenewale jhoomke mastana hoke jee.. From film- VAASNA (1968)

Enjoy,

Mohd.
sri
QUOTE(mohd2004 @ Aug 27 2005, 11:45 AM)

Sri-ji, here is the DVD version, in crisp audio quality---Jeenewale jhoomke mastana hoke jee.. From film- VAASNA (1968)

Enjoy,

Mohd.

thanks a lot , mohd

Sri
sri

When encoding from analog signal sample rate should be 44 KHz.
The sample rate does not determine size of the file.
So you can try 96 Kbps. Also, are you using Mp3Pro?

Rajnish

I am using mp3pro now (since you expressed preference for mp3 as against wma) - but why would that be a problem ? I'm interested to know

Thanks for your help

Sri
sri

thanks for noticing and letting me know - i must be more careful

Sri
r&d
QUOTE(sri @ Aug 28 2005, 02:33 AM)
Also, are you using Mp3Pro?

Rajnish

thanks to your warning .. i was carefully observing my next upload. I saved the file very carefully at 128kbps/44KHz. Then i eleiminated some blank space at the end and resaved the file. When i checked the file properties before uploading ...found that it was showing 80kbps and 22KHz !! I was astonished. Then it struck me that when I pressed the 'save' button - it does not get saved at the earlier setting .. but at the default setting of 80kbps/22KHz. So i redid the exercise - this time w/o resaving - and it was quite ok.

So the learning is that every time one saves with mp3pro one has to choose the setting afresh - even while resaving the same file

thanks to you for bringing about this new knowledge !!

Sri

Sri,

Your file is the first mp3pro that I have run into that sounded
really terrible. Previous mp3pro files have played just fine.
When I play in iTunes, it is like the two channels are out of sync.
I was just thinking out loud as to what could be the problem.
Whether you use mp3 or wma that is your prerogative.
I know some people have complained about mp3pro in other threads.
I don't care as long as I don't have reconvert.
The baseline is mp3. If all the people started uploading wma
files then I will just switch to a format where they would have
convert my files as well. It is just common courtesy that is all.
I am definitely not asking you not to use wma just don't upload it.
You should definitely keep your collection in wma if that sounds better to you.

Thanks,

Rajnish
kcp
here is my first contribution to this thread smile1.gif

Sorry if the quality is not CDQ - its from my old record collector in India smile1.gif

kcp
3 more songs smile1.gif
kcp
QUOTE(kcp @ Aug 29 2005, 04:02 PM)
3 more songs smile1.gif

Sorry did not upload biggrin.gif
kcp
One more lovely song !!!!! smile1.gif
sri
QUOTE(kcp @ Aug 29 2005, 06:23 PM)
One more lovely song !!!!! smile1.gif

KCP

thanks so much for the uploads ... looking forward to listening to the songs !!

Sri
Mohsin26
Really Really appreciated thumbs-up.gif thumbs-up.gif
sri
Here's one song which I have really liked. This is from the film BENAZIR 1964 with music by S D Burman and Lyrics of Shakeel Badayuni ( rare combo )

The song will really grow on you as you listen to it - some lovely tabla playing too. Lata has sung it extremely well, as usual. Picturised on Meena Kumari. The scene cuts to this mehfil - from an adjoining scene of a marriage - which explains the shehnai music in the beginning of the track.

Listen and enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri
sri
additional information on the song 'Baharon ki mehfil' from the film BENAZIR 1964

Assistant music director for this film was R D BURMAN
sri
A nice song from the film Black Cat 1959 -
Sitare raah takte hain, chale aao, chale aao
Hazaron dil dhadakte hain chale aao, chale aao

Music : N Dutta
Lyrics : Jan Nissar Akhtar

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri
sri
Next song will be one more Lata number from the film BENAZIR 1964
( music director: SDBurman ; asst music director : RDBurman )

It was around this time that SDBurman was very ill and had to be hospitalised .. and as a result had difficulty in completing his films. It is said that he had to stop taking films at this time. Dev Anand, meanwhile, had already commenced his most ambitious movie GUIDE and had signed SD for it. SD suggested to Dev Anand that he could possibly use RDBurman instead .. since he was unsure of his own health. However, Dev Anand was unmoved and said that he would wait. SD is reported to have asked him - what if something happens to me? To which Dev Anand said that he would then release the film with just the one song that had already been recorded - such faith in SDBurman! (this incident narrated by Manek Premchand in his book)

Of course his faith was not misplaced - because SDBurman delivered one of the best scores of his life for the film Guide (1965)

Why am i saying all this ? blab.gif Because i think it has something to do with the next song I am going to discuss on this thread. thumbs-up.gif

keep watching !

Sri
sri
Husn ki baharen liye aaye the sanam, kaisi badnaseebi hui mil sake na hum

This is a Lata song from the film BENAZIR (1964) - picturised on Meena Kumari. When I first heard the song ( some years ago ) I strongly felt it must be an RDBurman composition. When I checked the credits of the film - I found that RDB was the asst music director for the film. However, that by itself, was not too surprising since he assisted SDB in many films during that period. But this song seemed to have a strong stamp of RDB's style ( as seen in his classical music based songs - like 'raina beeti jaaye', 'beeti na bitayi raina' etc. ). A little more enquiry into this subject .... and I found that exactly around the same time that this music was composed, SDBurman was hospitalised with a heart problem and advised several months of rest ... creating a problem with the completion of his contracted movies. My surmise is that Benazir was an affected candidate and while most of the songs may have been done by then - this one was still pending - and was completed by RDBurman himself - quite substantially (if not fully).

That's my theory. Anyway, it gives you all some masala to think about while you listen to this song. In my mind, I think RDB everytime i listen to this number.

As an aside, RDB actually got his chance to go independent of SDB in 1961 with Mehmood's Chhote Nawab ... but, thereafter, no contracts were forthcoming .. and till 1966 he had only 3 other offers (of which 2 were from Mehmood, once again, and one was from a small, unknown producer ). So during this period, he continued to assist his father .... until Teesri Manzil released (with a dhamaka) in 1966.

Enough of my stories ... now here's the song !

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

P.S. For those who want to be bored further .. pl read the earlier post (since it is related to this post)

mohd2004
Thanks Sri Bhai for Sitaren raah takte hain...,indeed an excellent song and Benazir tracks, they are simply superb compositions.

Mohd.
Mohsin26
QUOTE(sri @ Sep 6 2005, 12:22 PM)

This is a Lata song from the film BENAZIR (1964) - picturised on Meena Kumari. When I first heard the song ( some years ago ) I strongly felt it must be an RDBurman composition. When I checked the credits of the film - I found that RDB was the asst music director for the film. However, that by itself, was not too surprising since he assisted SDB in many films during that period. But this song seemed to have a strong stamp of RDB's style ( as seen in his classical music based songs - like 'raina beeti jaaye', 'beeti na bitayi raina' etc. ). A little more enquiry into this subject .... and I found that exactly around the same time that this music was composed, SDBurman was hospitalised with a heart problem and advised several months of rest ... creating a problem with the completion of his contracted movies. My surmise is that Benazir was an affected candidate and while most of the songs may have been done by then - this one was still pending - and was completed by RDBurman himself - quite substantially (if not fully).

That's my theory. Anyway, it gives you all some masala to think about while you listen to this song. In my mind, I think RDB everytime i listen to this number.

As an aside, RDB actually got his chance to go independent of SDB in 1961 with Mehmood's Chhote Nawab ... but, thereafter, no contracts were forthcoming .. and till 1966 he had only 3 other offers (of which 2 were from Mehmood, once again, and one was from a small, unknown producer ). So during this period, he continued to assist his father .... until Teesri Manzil released (with a dhamaka) in 1966.

Enough of my stories ... now here's the song !

Enjoy !  gift.gif

Sri

P.S. For those who want to be bored further .. pl read the earlier post (since it is related to this post)

thank u so much for this GREAT song bow.gif

A long time ago, all songs from Benazeer had uploaded on HF , but unfortunately i have lost all .... cry.gif cry.gif By deleting my 650+ mb back-up
also many songs cry.gif cry.gif

but thanx again ... clap1.gif
sri
mohsin bhai - you're most welcome. Yes, the Benazir songs are really nice - though they never turned out to be as popular as songs from other SDB movies of that period

Sri
sri
QUOTE(sri @ Sep 6 2005, 12:22 PM)

Sri

399 downloads of this song in less than 3 days - and what is amazing is that only 1 or 2 members have bothered to add a comment from their side !!!

c'mon guys ... participate ... this is not just about uploading and downloading !!

Sri

shuklas
Sri Jee :

That was indeed a wonderful upload.We were number 400 downlodees for your upload. You are doing wonderful job and keep it up......just dont bother about members comments/positive feedback/kind words. The number of download shows it all. We distinctively remember one of our upload of a rare song from Malti Madhav which was downloaded 1400 times....and there were very few who could care less to post any feedback & there are never ending threads...too. But thats part of e-relationship and e-psychology which eventually shapes various e-personalities.
Famous business principle applies here : Eighty percent of upload comes from twenty percent of members & eighty percent just uploads while twenty percent exchanges their view among them all the time.

Astu

Shuklas
Mohsin26
Any Body Will upload more songs from Be-Nazeer ???

1. Alvida jane wafa meri manzil Aa Gayi (Lata)

2. Mil ja jane jana mil ja (Lata)

Plzzzz...

Mera Khayaal hai yeh song 800 times Download hongey smile1.gif
sri
QUOTE(Mohsin26 @ Sep 9 2005, 06:36 AM)
Any Body Will upload more songs from Be-Nazeer ???

1. Alvida jane wafa meri manzil Aa Gayi  (Lata)

2. Mil ja jane jana mil ja  (Lata)

Plzzzz...

Mera Khayaal hai yeh song 800 times Download hongey  smile1.gif

i will i will .... just be patient !!

you will hear it very soon

sri
sri
Next song from Benazir is a song which is sung by Tanuja on-screen - at night, on the terrace of her house

Mil ja re, jaan-e-jaana

enjoy ! gift.gif

sri
Mohsin26
QUOTE(sri @ Sep 10 2005, 01:45 AM)
Next song from Benazir is a song which is sung by Tanuja on-screen - at night, on the terrace of her house

Mil ja re, jaan-e-jaana

enjoy !  gift.gif

sri

OH !! bohat Bohat Shukriya Sri Ji bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif
You made my Day ...... smile1.gif smile1.gif rollf.gif rollf.gif rollf.gif rollf.gif

Looking for other camera.gif
sri
QUOTE(Mohsin26 @ Sep 10 2005, 02:03 AM)
OH !! bohat Bohat Shukriya  Sri Ji  bow.gif  bow.gif  bow.gif
You made my Day ...... smile1.gif  smile1.gif  rollf.gif  rollf.gif  rollf.gif  rollf.gif

Looking for other  camera.gif

yes... mohsin bhai, i will get you that one soon !

sri
sri
QUOTE(shuklas @ Sep 9 2005, 01:51 AM)
Sri Jee :

That was indeed a wonderful upload.We were number 400 downlodees for your upload. You are doing wonderful job and keep it up......just dont bother about members comments/positive feedback/kind words. The number of download shows it all. We  distinctively remember one of our upload of a rare song from Malti Madhav which was downloaded 1400 times....and there were very few who could care less to post any feedback & there are never ending threads...too. But thats part of  e-relationship and e-psychology  which eventually shapes various e-personalities.
Famous business principle applies here :  Eighty percent of upload comes from twenty percent of members & eighty percent just uploads while twenty percent exchanges their view  among them all the time.

Astu

Shuklas

Shuklas,

Thanks for your mail .... with the 'practical' approach - you are seasoned members !!

Anyway, i feel it is still useful to prod people, a little, now and then ... so that they are motivated to participate and interact - and not just simply download...hai na ?
This should be a forum to share and enjoy our common interests through interaction, right ? Happiness is in listening, enjoying and then sharing ( either the song itself or some happy comments about it )

Sri
sri
Here's a song I like - a duet of Lata with Kishore Kumar ( oh how I used to wait for his songs on the radio in those days !!)

Chhedo na meri zulfen, sab log kya kahenge
Hum to diwana tumko, kali ghata kahenge

Great music of Chitragupt ...( he made such great music with Lata )...and with lyrics of Majrooh - from the film GANGA KI LAHREN 1964

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri
sri
next song is 'chura ke dil ban rahe hain bhole' sung by Lata for the film CHHOTE NAWAB 1961 - the initial verse begins with the words 'Woh aaye ghar mein hamare khuda ki kudrat hai'

this version is from the film soundtrack. In between the initial verse and the main song, there was a 1-2 mins dialogue between Mehmood and Johnny Walker which I have eliminated

enjoy! gift.gif

Sri

This, as many will know, was the first movie of RDB as music director. But many may not know that, the asst music directors for this film were Laxmikant and Pyarelal !!

The song has been uploaded in a different thread - the link to download is here :

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=...e=post&id=42541
shuklas
Sri :

Wondering if songs from Film : Aao Pyar kare....

Shuklas
maheshks
Shuklas any particular song from the movie Aayo Pyar Karen (Joy Mukherjee and
Saira Banu)

Sriji...I have a wonderful composition of Chitragupt from the movie Oonche Log..
sung by Mahendra Kapoor and Lataji. smile1.gif
sri
QUOTE(shuklas @ Sep 16 2005, 07:40 PM)
Sri :
Wondering if songs from Film : Aao Pyar kare....
Shuklas

sirf ek gaana hai mere paas - " ek sunehri shaam thi " - lovely song - i like it a lot
if you don;t have it i will u/l - i was planning to anyway ( maybe i have done it already some time ago blab.gif don't remember )

sri
sri
QUOTE(maheshks @ Sep 16 2005, 08:24 PM)
Sriji...I have a wonderful composition of Chitragupt from the movie Oonche Log..
sung by Mahendra Kapoor and Lataji. smile1.gif

mahesh .. pl let's have it .. esp if the quality of recording is good CD/DVD
must be 'aaja re mere pyar ke rahi' i guess. i just love chitragupt's music

sri
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.