Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breaking News!!!
Hamara Forums > Films > Bollywood
Pages: 1, 2
preet
just heard it in yesterdays news that RamGopal Varma is going to start a new project the name isnt decided as yet but this is going to be a remake of the legendry movie Sholay...
Big B is going to be seen in the remake too but.... not as the amazing Jay... he will be playing Gabbar Singh!!! blab.gif
Incidentally, when RGV approached Big B... he was shocked to say the least but when RGV told him about the role he was thrilled...
RGV says that he believe Gabbar Singh was the real hero of the movie and till date if you mention Sholay the first thing people recall is Gabbar Singh... personally i remember Big B but yes Gabbar did leave a lasting impact, the best villain to date...
the other characters are not yet decided yet but Baby B will be there in the movie too maybe playing his father's character...
im eagerly waiting for this movie.... rolleyes.gif

what say guys whom do you see playing the various roles??? Basanti could be our very own Rani mukharjee and Radha could be vidya balan... for Viru i see non other then saif ali khan and Thakur... ajay devgan???
smile1.gif
rizwan
I hope that this is someone's idea of a joke, albeit not a very good one. I can't believe that anyone would even entertain the idea of screwing up the all-time greatest by remaking it. Much less, the Big B agreeing to have anything to do with the project.

Rizwan
vivekpm
Wow... Thanks for the info Preety.

BTW, did u or anyone here watched Virrudh? Am looking forward to watch this movie too as it has Bachchan as its central role. A friend told me that he has around 90% screen time in this movie... smile1.gif

Cheers,
preet
QUOTE(Zaira @ Jul 24 2005, 10:47 AM)
~~

Yup preety i just saw it in news too--
Actually, the reporter said that back in 1975 when Salim-Javed narrated the story to Big B--He wanted to play Gabbar--But he couldnt at that time--So now since he has got another opportunity--He would love to execute his wish--
Hmmm! Well the whole concept doesnt sound interesting at all--There is no point to remake a master piece--
Well Good luck to RGV--

~~

right!!! but i do want to see the remake too with big B its bound to be good... (or im biased tongue.gif )
you remember the movie ramgarh ke sholey they tried to make the second part of Sholey with gabbar (the real one) coming out of the jail and all the doubles of jackie, anil kapoor, devanand etc went to fight him... that was yuck movie.... nothing can compare the real thing isnt it....
amit
Hi,

I do not think Ramuji will make a mess of a film like Sholay and BigB will surely do justice by playing Gabbar. By the way in Viruddh he acted really differently.

camera.gif bye.gif bow.gif
IDOL
Objection urownder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am used of seeing him as hero..................i can't take this pain.................this not fair cry.gif
preet
QUOTE(KHOBI @ Jul 27 2005, 11:44 PM)
Objection urownder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am used of seeing him as hero..................i can't take this pain.................this not fair cry.gif

dont you worry Khobi dear... he will be a hero whatever role he maybe doing smile1.gif
samrat19
QUOTE(rizwan @ Jul 24 2005, 10:24 AM)
I hope that this is someone's idea of a joke, albeit not a very good one.  I can't believe that anyone would even entertain the idea of screwing up the all-time greatest by remaking it.  Much less, the Big B agreeing to have anything to do with the project.

Rizwan

I would have agreed with u Rizwan!!!!....but since the director is Ramu.....I cannot pass any comments now....I am preety sure he will represent the new version of Sholay quite innovatively......lets watch and see........we will discuss once the movie gets released... Maybe the next gen will remember BIGB as Gabbar,the way we remember Amjad thumbs-up.gif smile1.gif smile1.gif
hari
With so many prequels around at the moment like Stars Wars and Batman.

What would be interesting is that if they made a prequel to Sholay and focus on the Gabbar Singh character for eg. how he turned into a dacoit etc. What do you guys think? Any decent story lines!

About the remake of Sholay who would you have playing the main characters of Veeru, Jai, Basanti, Radha and Thakur Saab.

Let your imagination run wild and see who comes up with the best.

Chow!
preet
QUOTE(hari @ Jul 29 2005, 04:00 PM)
About the remake of Sholay who would you have playing the main characters of Veeru, Jai, Basanti, Radha and Thakur Saab.

Let your imagination run wild and see who comes up with the best.

Chow!

Hari, thats exactly what i wanted to ask when i posted the thread... well i already told my choice smile1.gif
QUOTE(preety @ Jul 24 2005, 08:49 AM)
what say guys whom do you see playing the various roles??? Basanti could be our very own Rani mukharjee and Radha could be vidya balan... for Viru i see non other then saif ali khan and Thakur... ajay devgan???
smile1.gif

hari
Sholay the remake:

Veeru-Sunny Deol
Jai- Abhisehk Bachchan
Basanti-Esha Deol
Radha-Rani Mukherjee
Thakhur-Big B

Sambha-?
Kaalia-Paresh Rawal
Soorma Bhopali- Junior Mehmood
Mausi-Hemaji
preet
QUOTE(hari @ Jul 29 2005, 05:56 PM)
Sholay the remake:

Veeru-Sunny Deol
Jai- Abhisehk Bachchan
Basanti-Esha Deol
Radha-Rani Mukherjee
Thakhur-Big B

Sambha-?
Kaalia-Paresh Rawal
Mausi-Hemaji

Big B to gabbar hai!!! he cant play two roles... tongue.gif
hari
Sorry my mistake, AB to play Gabbar and Thakur to be played by Dharmendra(bring him out of retirement).
Guru
QUOTE(hari @ Jul 29 2005, 05:56 PM)
Sholay the remake:

Veeru-Sunny Deol
Basanti-Esha Deol

I dont think they will act in love roles since they are brother and sister in real life.

But havings son of amitab playing his role and dharmendras son doing his fathers role would be cool to see.

Guru
YaarMere
I hope they have the Mausi scene.

Wot the heck, I'll say it:

Police coming budiha going jail, in jail budiha chaki pseeing and pseeing!]
NATURE
Hmmmmmm , nice to see that HF Members r planing to remake the movie
"Sholay" ..... Good, keep going ... Waiting for a good Project ...
IDOL
arey Hari ji.........u're pairing brother and sister as lovers? blab.gif

Sholay the remake:

Veeru-Sunny Deol
Jai- Abhisehk Bachchan
Basanti-Esha Deol
Radha-Rani Mukherjee
Thakhur-Big B

Sambha-?
Kaalia-Paresh Rawal
Mausi-Hemaji>>>>>>>>>>>wota young looking mausi

daremedevil
Remake of sholay

Sholay

it was a great film with every character contributing in it.......

I don't think its a cool idea of making sholay again

without the central characters

Amjad khan And Sanjeev kumar

but they can do one thing (if making a sequel to
sholay)

they can potray Jr Ab and Bobby deol as their sons

and Sunny deol as gabbar's son (though Big B was bachelor at the the time of his death in the film, but anything is possible na)

AzgarKhan
QUOTE(KHOBI @ Jul 27 2005, 11:44 PM)
Objection Your Honour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am used of seeing him as hero..................I can't take this pain.................this not fair cry.gif

Objection Over Ruled! now stay chup khobz! An actor is an actor, regardless of role as a hero or villian wink2.gif

preet
lol you guys are funny film making main itne busy bhai behen ko hi hero heroine banaa diya... tongue.gif
whatever happens this time around let Jay marry Basanti... the first time i saw the movie i had no idea they were all married in real life and i prayed and prayed that basanti could suddenly start liking AB and marry him instead rollf.gif
Talaikya
Poor Veeru, phir woh kya karega?? Suiciiiiiiiiideeee??? And then Mausi will have to go jail and peesau chakki ... doh.gif
preet
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jul 31 2005, 06:55 PM)
Poor Veeru, phir woh kya karega?? Suiciiiiiiiiideeee??? And then Mausi will have to go jail and peesau chakki ...  doh.gif

who cares mere ko to mere hero heroine saath chahiye bu ab ismain veeru karing susiiiiiiide ya mausi going jail... tongue.gif
NATURE
Ek baat kahu ijaazat ho to ??? ... aap log "Hum Angrezo ke zamaane kaa Jailor hai" ... unko hi
Bhool gaye ? Have u forgotten him ? who could replace him ? Preety Ji u have to think of .. as
U r the Director of this movie , so u will decide who will act as "Aasrani" in Sholay , remember if
Abhishek Bachchan will be "Jay" then a SHort Highted Man will have to be in place of "Aasrani" .
Otherwise how will it be the Scene in the Jail, " where Aasrani became face to face with Jay when
He just had crossed that Midget " ..??? so Rajpal Yadav ? or who, I don't have any Idea .. plz suggest
preet
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 31 2005, 10:39 PM)
Ek baat kahu ijaazat ho to ??? ... aap log "Hum Angrezo ke zamaane kaa Jailor hai" ... unko hi
Bhool gaye ? Have u forgotten him ? who could replace him ? Preety Ji u have to think of .. as
U r the Director of this movie , so u will decide who will act as "Aasrani" in Sholay , remember if
Abhishek Bachchan will be "Jay" then a SHort Highted Man will have to be in place of "Aasrani" .
Otherwise how will it be the Scene in the Jail,  " where Aasrani became face to face with Jay when
He just had crossed that Midget " ..??? so Rajpal Yadav ? or who, I don't have any Idea .. plz suggest

i swear im not RGV in disguise here Nature!!! tongue.gif he is the director we are not discussing a hypothetical movie!!! doh.gif haan vaise agar hum hote director to i would have chosen the guy ( sorry dont remember his name) who was in the movie main madhuri dixit.... he was Antara's husband... he is fantastic!!!
NATURE
Yeah Preety Ji , I know this is not a Hypothetical movie. It's Ram Gopal Verma's
Project(Came to know from u) .. and we all r discussing here who will suite which role ...
I just wrote That u will be the Director, to have fun(as u r discussing in a very nice way) ..

Oh, so the Man who was the Husband of Antara Mali ? yeah, he is Rajpal Yadav ..
Have u seen "Mujhse Shaadi Karogi", The Pandit Ji ... "Hungama", the Person who
Was afraid of the Hypothetical "Chhota Chetan" and again in "Waqt" he was there ..
I was talking about him ..I don't know just thought of his name randomly, do u think he will suite ?
R u talking about this Person ? ... Anyway Keep discussing all these ... It feels good ...
-----------
And hey, who will be the "Mehbooba" instead of the Golden Girl "Helen" ??? Any Idea ?
preet
QUOTE(NATURE @ Aug 1 2005, 12:36 AM)
Oh, so the Man who was the Husband of Antara Mali ? yeah, he is Rajpal Yadav ..
Have u seen "Mujhse Shaadi Karogi", The Pandit Ji ... "Hungama", the Person who
Was afraid of the Hypothetical "Chhota Chetan"  and again in "Waqt" he was there ..
I was talking about him ..I don't know just thought of his name randomly,  do u think he will suite ?
R u talking about this Person ? ... Anyway Keep discussing all these ... It feels good ...

yes exactly remember him from the movie hangaama... so his name is Rajpal yadav!!! i didnt know that...
hmmm when i think about him he seems to suit the role of surma bhopaali better doesnt he??? tongue.gif for angrezon ke zamaane ke jailor we can have asrani himself... he is still alive so who better then himself...
NATURE
I didn't get answer to the last line of my last message ( sad1.gif ) ... )
I am now watching Sholay partly .. so what about
These Roles, who will perform nicely Preety Ji ??? Mac Mohan ( Sambha )
Keshto Mukherjee ( Hariram , the Jasoos), A.K. Hangal , Kalia , Ramlal ???
Chitralekha
QUOTE(KHOBI @ Jul 30 2005, 09:06 PM)
arey Hari ji.........u're pairing brother and sister as lovers? blab.gif

Sholay the remake:

Veeru-Sunny Deol
Jai- Abhisehk Bachchan
Basanti-Esha Deol
Radha-Rani Mukherjee
Thakhur-Big B

Sambha-?
Kaalia-Paresh Rawal
Mausi-Hemaji>>>>>>>>>>>wota young looking mausi

Hai la? Bhai behen ko ek doosre ke premi ki acting karni padegi?? AYYO!! ohmy.gif
Chitralekha
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jul 31 2005, 06:25 AM)
Poor Veeru, phir woh kya karega?? Suiciiiiiiiiideeee??? And then Mausi will have to go jail and peesau chakki ...  doh.gif

Veeru will commit susaat!! and mausi chakki peessing. laugh.gif This is the best movie Bollywood has made til date!!
Chitralekha
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 31 2005, 12:06 PM)
And hey, who will be the "Mehbooba"  instead of the Golden Girl "Helen" ??? Any Idea ?

Mallika Sherawat!! ROFLLLLLLLLLLL
preet
QUOTE(NATURE @ Aug 1 2005, 01:08 AM)
I didn't get answer to the last line of my last message (  sad1.gif  ) ... ) 
I am now watching Sholay partly ..  so what about
These Roles, who will perform nicely Preety Ji ??? Mac Mohan ( Sambha )
Keshto Mukherjee ( Hariram , the Jasoos),  A.K. Hangal , Kalia , Ramlal ???

haan Chitz is right Malika to ekdum fit rahegi... tongue.gif
baaki roles baad main dekhenge hai naa abhi to start kiya hai laugh.gif
Chitralekha
Ok here is my list.

Thakur: Sanjay Dutt
Jay: Tusshar Kapoor
Veeru: Shahid Kapoor
Basanti: Kareena Kapoor
Radha: Kareena Kapoor (double role)
Gabbar: Boman Irani
Kaalia: Amrut Patel
Sambha: Tiku Talsania
Mehbooba girl: Mallika Sherawat
Jalal Aaga's role: Paresh Rawal
Imaam sahab: Shakti Kapoor
Ahmed miyan: Amin Gazi (Tipu guy from Lagaan)
Hariram Nayi: Anupam Kher
Jailor: Arshad Warsi
Mausi: Reema Lagu

laugh.gif

Did I miss anyone?
preet
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Aug 1 2005, 01:34 AM)
Ok here is my list.

laugh.gif

Did I miss anyone?

Chitz!!!! are you serious do you really see TUSSHAR KAPOOR in BIG B's shoe!!! and with all the kapoors in the lead role we may as well call the movie Ramghar ke kapoors laugh.gif
hari
OOPs I made a big cock up, pairing Suny and Esha.

Then again maybe they shouldn't make a remake.

We'll wait and see!!
Talaikya
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Jul 31 2005, 03:04 PM)
Ok here is my list.
laugh.gif
Did I miss anyone?

Chitz is re-making a comedy!!
NATURE
I liked 2 sentences mainly ... 1 is Talaikya Ji's "Peesau Chakki" ( Wonderful remind) and Preety Ji's
"Ramghar ke Kapoors" ( Preety Ji , will it be Ramgad instead of Ramghar ? ) ... anyway Yes
Chitralekha Ji u missed some people ... Vikas Anand (Jailer assigned to bring Veeru & Jaidev)
Iftekhar(Narmalaji, (Radha's father)) , Ramlal , Soorma Bhopali ... most important thing u have forgotten is
"Dhanno" .. she/he was there everywhere to help all the people , who will act in place of Dhanno ???
( Haa !!! Haa !!! Haa !!! ... Laughing at my message ? )
IDOL
hahaha hari ji...............u paired bro and sis, i had told u

ok i think it should work like this

Amit = Ajun rampal (he's good to act as angry man) or John Abraham
dharmender= the guy from masti movie who won award of 2005 or aftaab
Hema = Priyanka chopra (not sure)
Jiya = Bhomika Chowla (she looks masoom)
mausi = Paroo's mother, dun know her name
Jailor = new comedy actor , paralized in "kio maini pyar kia", murderer in "kia kool hain hum , and movie shop owner in " kal hon na hon", ufff, i can't remember his name, a short guy
Takur = sunny deol
gabar = sanjay dutt
vivekpm
Got this in a mail today,

Click to view attachment

They were looking at Asrani when he was doing practice for the first time with his funny Jailer's dress... ALONE on one rock...

Cheers,
Anil4
Hi Vivek

Great photo. Thanks for sharing. All the guys look as if they had fun making the movie.

Anil
NATURE
That's wonderful Vivek Ji ... Thanks for sharing such a rare photo with us .. this is 1 of those
That used to be hidden behind the Camera but can get appreciation from people if they come infront ...
Chitralekha
QUOTE(preety @ Jul 31 2005, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Aug 1 2005, 01:34 AM)
Ok here is my list.

laugh.gif

Did I miss anyone?

Chitz!!!! are you serious do you really see TUSSHAR KAPOOR in BIG B's shoe!!! and with all the kapoors in the lead role we may as well call the movie Ramghar ke kapoors laugh.gif

Arre aisa comedy banaayega to TK hi Big B ka role kar sakenga na. tongue.gif wink2.gif

LOL
Chitralekha
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jul 31 2005, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Jul 31 2005, 03:04 PM)
Ok here is my list.
laugh.gif
Did I miss anyone?

Chitz is re-making a comedy!!

Yuppp! I dont think they can ever recreate the same magic that they did with Sholay in 1975. Might as well go for a comedy biggrin.gif
Chitralekha
QUOTE(KHOBI @ Aug 1 2005, 09:47 AM)
mausi          = Paroo's mother, dun know her name

That was Kiron Kher - wife of Anupam Kher. Really good actress.
Chitralekha
QUOTE(vivekpm @ Aug 2 2005, 04:44 AM)

They were looking at Asrani when he was doing practice for the first time with his funny Jailer's dress... ALONE on one rock...

Cheers,

That was a fantastic photograph! Got more? Oh I wanna see more photos. It's like an evergreen film.

Asrani was so funny. Specially the "jail mein surang? hamaari jail mein suraang????" part and then when he tries to go pick up the hot rod in hands from under that basket thing. laugh.gif and the scene with kabutar flying in his face... oh and then aadhe sipahi iss taraf jaao, aadhe uss taraf aur baaki ke mere saath aao. Hum angrez ke zamaane ke jailor hai!! ROFLLLLLLLLLLL
vivekpm
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Aug 3 2005, 09:50 AM)
QUOTE(vivekpm @ Aug 2 2005, 04:44 AM)

Cheers,

That was a fantastic photograph! Got more? Oh I wanna see more photos. It's like an evergreen film.

This was the only one I got in the mail sad1.gif I wonder if there is anything like "Special Edition DVD/VCD" of Sholay which has some behind-the-camera scenes or pictures. Normal edition does not have any such things sad1.gif
im4afi
It is confirmed that in the remake
MOHIT AHLAWAT [James Hero] will play JAI's character.
ABHISHEK BACHCHAN will play VEERU.
& bIG b WILL BE gabbar.
The rest of the cast is not yet decided.
I Think Basanti's role should be played by Rani Mukherjee.

RGV said in one of his interviews that He Does not want to do the expected.
He said that everyone expected that Abhishek would play Jai & Veeru would be played by Bobby deol or Sunny Deol.
Infact initially Abhishek & Amitabh were hesitated to accept the role of Veeru & Gabbar.
preet
QUOTE(im4afi @ Aug 6 2005, 01:22 AM)
It is confirmed that in the remake                               
        MOHIT AHLAWAT [James Hero] will play JAI's character.
        ABHISHEK BACHCHAN will play VEERU.
      & bIG b WILL BE gabbar.
The rest of the cast is not yet decided.
I Think Basanti's role should be played by Rani Mukherjee.

RGV said in one of his interviews that He Does not want to do the expected.
He said that everyone expected that Abhishek would play Jai & Veeru would  be played by Bobby deol or Sunny Deol.
  Infact initially Abhishek & Amitabh were hesitated to accept the role of Veeru & Gabbar.

really is that confirmed!!! cant imagine the serious Abhishek playing Veeru!!! imagine him seriously delivering the dialogues Khud jaunga, phaan jaunga, marr jaaunga!!! with his hands in his pockets, one of that angry young man's look in his eyes tongue.gif
im4afi
Actually RGV, selected Abhishek for the role of Veeru after watching Bunty Aur Babli
.I personally think that Abhishek can do Comedy very well.

preet
QUOTE(im4afi @ Aug 6 2005, 01:33 AM)
Actually RGV, selected Abhishek for the role of Veeru after watching Bunty Aur Babli
.I personally think that Abhishek can do Comedy very well.

no doubt there!!! i fully agree with you...
aakhir beta kiska hai... mere Amitabh ka naa!!! smile1.gif
im4afi
In one of the interviews RGV announced that the name of his Film will be
'RAM GOPAL VARMA KE SHOLAY'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.