Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noorjahan's Interview ?
Hamara Forums > Legends > Noor Jehan
sbfan
Hi friends

As large discussion is going on regarding "mortal men immortal melodies" .it was to celebrate 50 years of talkies.if anyone in India remember that Dilip Kumar interviewed Madam and it was on national telecast,i had seen it some 4-5 years back a b/w interview on regional broadcast.

can anyone recall any excerpt from that one.I will also inquire and request my nearest dd center to
show a clip.

warm regards

ashish
Priya
I believe Ameen sayani also did an interview for Vividh Bharati at that time. But no one is releasing these rare gems or even broadcasting them again. Everything is being jealously hoarded. DD has so many rare recordings but they make nothing available to the music/film lover. sad1.gif
YaarMere
I have a little question, did Dilip ever find heaven with NJ? Or did she get away?
YaarMere
I've asked an innocent question. I demand an answer.
Muz
QUOTE(ashish2345 @ Jul 21 2005, 12:46 PM)
Hi friends

As large discussion is going on  regarding "mortal men immortal melodies" .it was to celebrate 50 years of talkies.if anyone in India remember  that Dilip Kumar interviewed Madam and it was on national telecast,i had seen it some 4-5 years back a b/w interview on regional broadcast.

can anyone recall any excerpt from that one.I will also inquire and request my nearest dd center to
show a clip.

warm regards

ashish

Hello

My Dad (Jamal's Nana) has the video of Mortal Men, Immortal Melodies on VHS.

Once Jamal gets back from his trip I'll mention this thread to him ... he can probably upload some of Noor Jehan's speech and also some of her performances from the VHS. I haven't seen this video for a long time but I do remember that she sang Awaaz De Kahan Hai ... and said a few words to the audience. I also remember that Dilip Kumar was on stage with her.

Thanks!

sbfan
QUOTE(Muz @ Jul 22 2005, 02:58 AM)
Hello

Once Jamal gets back from his trip I'll mention this thread to him ... he can probably upload some of Noor Jehan's speech and also some of her performances from the VHS.  I haven't seen this video for a long time but I do remember that she sang Awaaz De Kahan Hai ... and said a few words to the audience.  I also remember that Dilip Kumar was on stage with her.

Thanks!

Hi muz

yes she sung awaaz de kaha he her part and surinder's part too.surinder was present in audience but did not sing.Please u/l when you get it.thanks
but the interview i am referring is taken out of that concert
regards
ashish
Priya
Surinder sang another song. I forget which. But yes, he did not join Madam in the duet. Madam sang aawaz de, mujhse pehli si and ajj to main teri in the tape I have. It has DK's speech and Madam's reply. But Naushad's words seem to have been edited. sad1.gif
Inaam
I also have the Video on VHS. She sang three song in theshow.
"Aawaz de kahan hai" (with Surinder's part too), "Mujhse Pehli si Mohabbat.." and a Pakistani Punjabi film song "Ja ajj ton mein teri..". Dilip called her on stage with a little introductry speach and Noor Jehan also said a few words to the audience. There is no interview in the VHS.

Inaam
YaarMere
QUOTE(YaarMere @ Jul 21 2005, 03:05 PM)
I have a little question, did Dilip ever find heaven with NJ? Or did she get away?

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Jul 21 2005, 04:23 PM)

Fat help you NJ fans are.
sbfan
QUOTE(YaarMere @ Jul 22 2005, 04:57 PM)

WELL NEVER HEARD REGARDING IT.BY TH TIME JUGNU THEIR LONE FILM STARTED SHE WAS HAPPILY SETTLED WITH SHAUKAT

YaarMere
QUOTE(ashish2345 @ Jul 22 2005, 02:50 PM)

BY TH TIME JUGNU THEIR LONE FILM  STARTED SHE WAS HAPPILY SETTLED WITH SHAUKAT

Like thatz gonna stop Dilip saab!! laugh.gif
Priya
U find this an appealing topic of discussion?
YaarMere
I'd say that it is informative then "appealing".
Ummer
Yaar Mere,
If you are so much interested, Why dont you call Dilip Kumar and ask himself? He is still alive...
YaarMere
QUOTE(Ummer @ Jul 22 2005, 03:38 PM)
Yaar Mere,
                  If you are so much interested, Why dont you call Dilip Kumar and ask himself? He is still alive...

Thing is, I already know the answer. I just wanted to know if ppl owned up to it.

PS
If I was in there with Dilip, do you think I'd be here? NO.
Muz
At a recent interview in London someone asked Dilip Kumar about his previous love affairs with famous actresses ... Dilip Sahib's reply was 'When the people that you talk about are no longer in this world then why do you want to know such things? Only someone who's shame has died could ask such a question. '

I think that said enough for everyone in the audience.
mahesh
QUOTE(priya @ Jul 22 2005, 09:11 AM)
Surinder sang another song. I forget which. But yes, he did not join Madam in the duet. Madam sang aawaz de, mujhse pehli si and ajj to main teri in the tape I have. It has DK's speech and Madam's reply. But Naushad's words seem to have been edited. sad1.gif

i remember reading an interview of surendra where he said that he was upset about not being asked to join in the duet.noorjehan had later clarified that she had not invited surendra to join because he was unwell that time!.
regards,
mahesh
Priya
Yes the song he sang did seem rather sad. I mean he seemed to struggle. I guess everyone has heard abt the amusing anecdote during recordings for Anmol Ghadi when NJ after singing her bit would naughtily stand at the mike and look straight at Surendra's face. He was rather and shy and finally asked Naushad to tell her not to do that as he could not sing!!! laugh.gif
Pulkit
QUOTE(mahesh @ Jul 24 2005, 07:57 AM)

i remember reading an interview of surendra where he said that he was upset about not being asked to join in the duet.noorjehan had later clarified that she had not invited surendra to join because he was unwell that time!.
regards,
mahesh

Surendra sang another song from Anmol Ghadi- 'kyun yaad aa rahe hain, guzare hue zamane.' By the way, Surendra also on some occasion had sung 'awaaz de kahan hai' all by himself, so its difficult to understand this possessiveness. Apart from that Noor Jehan took a pause between the song to credit him before beginning his portion- 'qismat pe chha rahi hai.' She said- 'Surendra ji ki ijazat ke saath yeh unka bol kahti hoon.' smile1.gif
Pulkit
QUOTE(YaarMere @ Jul 22 2005, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE(YaarMere @ Jul 21 2005, 03:05 PM)

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Jul 21 2005, 04:23 PM)

Fat help you NJ fans are.

O.K. Dear Yaar Mere, here is a little anecdote that could be some food for your curiousity tongue.gif When Noor Jehan was about to migrate, she and Dilip Kumar met at a party where she gave him a rose. He derided that the rose would lose its beauty and die out in few days. To that Noor Jehan quipped, 'mohabbat ka phool kabhi nahin murjhata' (Flowers of love blossom forever.)
However, with filmstars and celebrities its quite a contentious matter to decide who was in love with whom.
Pulkit
QUOTE(ashish2345 @ Jul 22 2005, 07:03 AM)
QUOTE(Muz @ Jul 22 2005, 02:58 AM)
Hello

Once Jamal gets back from his trip I'll mention this thread to him ... he can probably upload some of Noor Jehan's speech and also some of her performances from the VHS.  I haven't seen this video for a long time but I do remember that she sang Awaaz De Kahan Hai ... and said a few words to the audience.  I also remember that Dilip Kumar was on stage with her.

Thanks!

Hi muz

yes she sung awaaz de kaha he her part and surinder's part too.surinder was present in audience but did not sing.Please u/l when you get it.thanks
but the interview i am referring is taken out of that concert
regards
ashish

MMIM concert is a great treasure but obviously with some short comings. I wonder why some of the great singers who were around at that time were not a part of concert. Names that readily come to the mind are- Shamshad Begum, Asha Bhosle, Zohrabai Ambalawali, Kanan Devi, Suraiya and Suman Kalyanpur. It would have been amazing to catch a glimpse of Shamshad while she could have sung 'boojh mera kya naao re', Zohrabai with her 'akhiyan milake jiya bharmake' or the peppy 'saamne gali mein mera ghar hai' or even joining Raj Kumari for 'yeh raat phir na ayegi, jawani beet jayegi'; Kanan Devi with her immortal 'toofan mail, duniya yeh duniya ik toofan mail'; Suraiya with 'man mor hua matwala' and so on.
Secondly, many singers were quite past thier prime. Ashok Kumar sang with a great zest, his 'ban ki chidiya' makes you go hysterical with laughter. Meena Kapoor did a good job in 'rasiya re man basiya re' but spoiled Geeta Dutt's 'waqt ne kiya kya haseen sitam.' Noor Jehan was also singing with great zest and enjoying every bit of her music. The surprise was the granny Raj Kumari whose well preserved voice in 'ghabra ke jo hum sarko takrayen to achha ho' makes your nerves tweak. smile1.gif
skazim

Surinder sang "kyon yaad aa rahe hain " from Anmol Ghadi in the show. However he was barely able to sing a few words basically as his voice as well as his strength could not support him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.