Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quiz-sports
Hamara Forums > General > Sports
NATURE
Chale Quiz khelte hain Khel ko leke .... ( Let's play Quiz with Sports ), any kind
Of Questions may be there regarding Sport... Let's see who gets the Highest Point .. he/She will get this gift.gif

1. Where, when and between which Countries the first Cricket Game was played ?
2. The Countries who played the First World Cup Final and who was the WInner ?

Easy Question ? U can start with more difficult Question ....
oye_sonu
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 21 2005, 12:58 AM)
Chale Quiz khelte hain Khel ko leke .... ( Let's play Quiz with Sports ), any kind
Of Questions may be there regarding Sport... Let's see who gets the Highest Point .. he/She will get this  gift.gif

2. The Countries who played the First World Cup Final and who was the WInner  ?

first cricket TEST was played between england and australia in england (officially)

first world cup was won by West indies beating england at lords

party2.gif mera prize NATURE ji

plz mail me my prize at oyesonu@gmail.com

thnx in advance for the prize tongue.gif tongue.gif

sonu
vivekpm
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 20 2005, 11:58 PM)
Of Questions may be there regarding Sport... Let's see who gets the Highest Point .. he/She will get this  gift.gif

First world cup final was played between WI and Aus... This was easy

First question was tough. I searched and got the answer but will not post it so as to give chance to someone who genuinely knows the answer.

Two more questions from me:

1. Who said to whom: "May you stand on both your feet until at least the age of 111"
2. In a certain list Adam Gilchrist is 1st and 2nd and Dravid is at number 5. What list are we talking about and who is at number 3?

Natureji nice thread...

Cheers,
vivekpm
QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jul 21 2005, 12:12 AM)
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 21 2005, 12:58 AM)

first cricket TEST was played between england and australia in england (officially)

first world cup was won by West indies beating england at lords

party2.gif mera prize NATURE ji

plz mail me my prize at oyesonu@gmail.com

thnx in advance for the prize tongue.gif tongue.gif

sonu

Sonu, I guess Nature ji asked for first "game" and not first "test". I may be wrong. Need clarification here smile1.gif. First test is easy. When and between whom was first international match officially recorded (statistically I mean)?

Cheers,
NATURE
Diff Q Vivekpm Ji, I don't know much about Cricket-Shricket and all these ... Ok Let me try ....

1. Sir John Major, former British Prime Minister said this to David Shepherd,
The Legendary Umpire in a Personal Letter ... ???

2. The List that we r talking about here is: "Who will score the most runs in the
India/Australia test cricket series?" in The Apres weekly poll
In this list, VVS Laxman got the 3rd Rank with 14 % ... ???
1. The 1st World Cup Football Game was played between ??? ( Name the Countries )
And who was the winner ? ( Actually I wanted ask this in my last part, the 2nd Q.
But I didn't say anything so it meant I asked about Cricket ...

2. Name the Tennis Player who won "WImbledon" more times than any other Player ...

Thank u Oye_Sonu Ji, what Gift do u want ? Rose ? That I can send here itself ( party2.gif )
Or something else ? But I didn't ask about Test Match, might be only Test Matches were played
At those times ... and also U didn't answer "When" it was played ? Check the Question ... !!!
vivekpm
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 21 2005, 01:02 AM)
Diff Q Vivekpm Ji, I don't know much about Cricket-Shricket and all these ... Ok Let me try ....

1.  Sir John Major, former British Prime Minister  said this to David Shepherd,
The Legendary Umpire in a Personal Letter ... ???

2.  The List that we r talking about here is:  "Who will score the most runs in the
India/Australia test cricket series?" in The Apres weekly poll
In this list, VVS Laxman got the 3rd Rank with 14 % ... ???
1. The 1st World Cup Football Game was played between ??? ( Name the Countries )
And who was the winner ? ( Actually I wanted ask this in my last part, the 2nd Q.
But I didn't say anything so it meant I asked about Cricket ...

2.  Name the Tennis Player who won "WImbledon" more times than any other Player ...

Thank u Oye_Sonu Ji, what Gift do u want ? Rose ? That I can send here itself (  party2.gif  )
Or something else ? But I didn't ask about Test Match, might be only Test Matches were played
At those times ... and also U didn't answer "When" it was played ? Check the Question ... !!!

Your first answer is correct. Second answer is highest scores by wicketkeepers in ODIs and at number three in this list is M S Dhoni...

The player who won wimbledon most is Navratrilova (includes all singles, doubles and mixed doubles)?

Cheers,
NATURE
Thanks for the correct answer, then what about the List that I was talking about ??? Well, the previous
2nd Question is still to answer. This is the Answer : " The first world cup soccer match ( Final ) was
Held on July 13th, 1930 between France and Mexico, France won the Game with 4 - 1 series. "

---------------------
Next Questions follow:
1. In 2004 Olympic, which Country got highest number of Gold Medals and which got lowest number ?
2. The National Game of USA is ???
3. In 1983 World Cup Cricket ( Final ) who was the Captain of the Opposite Team ?
fiftysomeone
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 21 2005, 07:50 PM)
Next Questions follow:
1. In 2004 Olympic, which Country got highest number of Gold Medals and which got lowest number ?
2. The National Game of USA is ???
3. In 1983 World Cup Cricket ( Final ) who was the Captain of the Opposite Team ?

1 USA; any number of countries incl. India got none
2. Baseball
3. Clive Lloyd
Let's see if that worked.
oye_sonu
sad1.gif mere answers galat kahe but i didnt went to GOOGLE meeya sad1.gif

i wrote down wat i knew...........google uncle ko tang nehi kiya mene tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

legata hai compete karna hai to GOOgle ji ka use krna hi padega

waise NATOO-REY ji ( i have pathetic eng pronounation sad1.gif ) ( just jokin)

you can send me some nice songs of SJ_talat(not daag)

i came to participate only coz of prize tongue.gif tongue.gif agar prize nehi mila to kaya fayda

hehe tongue.gif tongue.gif

SJ fan
Sonu thumbs-up.gif
Akhtar
i believe the first ever test was played at the mcg, between australia and england. bannerman and spoffarth (spelling) leading the aussies to victory.
NATURE
Sorry Oye_Sonu Ji .. as I don't have yr address to send anything, so how can I send ? BTW
Oye_SOnu @ Hamaraforums.com likhne se chalegaa ? Anyway, SJ_Talat means Shankar -
Jaikishan & Talat Mehmood ? Dhoondnaa paregaa, mile to zaroor bhejneki koushish karoongaa ...
( If I write Oye_SOni @ HF.com, will it work ? Anyway SJ_Talat will have to find out if get then
I will try to send .. The WInners can do 1 thing, they can ask The Admins for the Prizes . ...
-------------------
1. In which Game, Ravi Shastri made 6 sixes in 1 over ? who was the Bowler ?
2. Which COuntry got Highest number of Gold Medals in 2004 Olympic Gymnastic and how many ?
deghosh
1. In which Game, Ravi Shastri made 6 sixes in 1 over ? who was the Bowler ?
Bombay vs Baroda, Ranji game 1984-85 season. Bowler - Tilak Raj.
2. Which COuntry got Highest number of Gold Medals in 2004 Olympic Gymnastic and how many ?
Romania - 4 golds
deghosh
Now my turn

1. Only one member of the Indian contingent for World Cup'83 did not get to play a single game. Name him?

2. India has a pathetic history as far as World Cup Soccer goes. However they did qualify for one of the World Cups. But the soccer federation turned down the invitation. Which world cup (year) was that and why did the federation turn down the offer?

BTW gr8 thread
deghosh
Kya huya bhai log, kahan sab chale gaye.....quiz-ke jawab to do
rom
Sunil Valson...
and 1954? Aur kuchh barefoot playing ka maamla thha?
NATURE
Where r all my Friends .. ? what about Oye_SOnu Ji ? aapkaa kya huaa ?

1. In 2000 Olympic, Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupati got Bronze Medal in Men's Double.
Who were playing in the Opposite Team ?

2. In 2004 Olympic only one person got Silver Medal from India. Which game it was and
Who was the player ?
vivekpm
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 24 2005, 04:02 PM)

1. In 2000 Olympic, Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupati got Bronze Medal in Men's Double.

2. In 2004 Olympic only one person got Silver Medal from India. Which game it was and
Who was the player ?

Are you sure about first question? I guess Leander got his only bronze in 1996 Atlanta olympics in singles event. I guess in 2000 only Karnam Malleshwari won bronze in women's weightlifting

Answer to second question is Rajyavardhan Rathore
vivekpm
QUOTE(vivekpm @ Jul 24 2005, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 24 2005, 04:02 PM)

Who was the player ?

Are you sure about first question? I guess Leander got his only bronze in 1996 Atlanta olympics in singles event. I guess in 2000 only Karnam Malleshwari won bronze in women's weightlifting

Answer to second question is Rajyavardhan Rathore

Forgot to answer "which game". It was for shooting...
deghosh
clap1.gif clap1.gif
Answer for Question 1 is indeed Sunil Valson
q2 - 1950 , world cup in Brazil, and yes Indian federation did not send the players because all of them used to play barefoot
QUOTE(rom @ Jul 23 2005, 07:00 PM)
Sunil Valson...
and 1954? Aur kuchh barefoot playing ka maamla thha?

NATURE
No 1 is coming .. what happened ? .. Well these 3 r the next Questions ...
Who said these and about whom ?

1. With ----------- , it's like one guy is playing Gorgeous Tennis while another Guy keeps interrupting him

2. We have learnt from ------------- mistakes. The idea is to hit a middle note somewehre, do commercials
But never forget that you get to do them only because u can play

3. -------------- destroyed interest in F1 racing especially last year , it's good to see this rivalry between
Alonso and Raikkonen this year
The Blank spaces will be the Persons about whom above sentences were said ....
YaarMere
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 28 2005, 02:15 PM)
No 1 is coming ..  what happened ? .. Well these 3 r the next Questions ...

1. With ----------- , it's like one guy is playing Gorgeous Tennis  while another Guy keeps interrupting him

2. We have learnt from -------------  mistakes. The idea is to hit a middle note somewehre, do commercials

3. --------------  destroyed interest in F1 racing especially last year , it's good to see this rivalry between

1) R. Federer ??

2) I'm blank on it

3) M. Schumacher (he will kick butt next year)
deghosh
2 - Kournikova -
3) M Schumacher
No idea about the first one. So I cheated and googled and realised all the three quotes had been taken from this article -
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/thscrip...s2830/&prd=tss&

Debashish

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Jul 28 2005, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 28 2005, 02:15 PM)
No 1 is coming ..  what happened ? .. Well these 3 r the next Questions ...

1. With ----------- , it's like one guy is playing Gorgeous Tennis  while another Guy keeps interrupting him

2. We have learnt from -------------  mistakes. The idea is to hit a middle note somewehre, do commercials

3. --------------  destroyed interest in F1 racing especially last year , it's good to see this rivalry between

1) R. Federer ??

2) I'm blank on it

3) M. Schumacher (he will kick butt next year)

NATURE
So u got the online version ? Yes It was taken from a Magazine but not from any Website ..
After a long time I just want to start this Quiz again though I told I wouldn't. Answer these !!!
----------------------
1. Who won the Highest Number of Wimbledon in Mix Double ?

2. How many times Did Steffi Graf win Grand Slam Title and how many times consecutively ?

3. ------------ of ----------- did the captaincy in Cricket for the longest time ever from -------- to ---------
Sharad
1 - i'm thinking margaret court or billie jean king or martina Navratilova
i think each have won for times.......there has to be someone else..hmm who else could be..........
Elizabeth Ryan ? she's real old, could be Elizabeth Ryan
sorry too many guesses

2 - Steffi won all 4 slams in 1988, she also won gold medal at olympics - GOLDEN SLAM
she won the french that year in 32 mins only, what a route, love and love
she has won 22 grand slams - singles! 2 short of margaret court smith
she won 4 slams in 1988 and then won australian but lost to vicario at the french - so 5 slams in a row - if that's what you mean, and she's won all grand slams 4 or more times!!!!!!!!!

3 - i dont know cricket

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.