Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noor Jehan - Rajkumari Duet
Hamara Forums > Legends > Noor Jehan
Ummer
According to Rajkumari, NJ and Rajkumari sang a duet in Naukar. Anyone have it?
Please upload. clap1.gif
Priya
Nope. And Pulkit is playing hookey. tongue.gif
Can U and Inaam make a list of Pre partition songs that are not available commercially so I can send it to my collector?
Ummer
Hello I dont know the wordings of the duet, but according to Rajkumari

" I am a great fan of KL Saigal and Nurjehan. I had occasion to sing with the former in 'Bhakt Surdas' and remember him as a very charming person. I sang with Nurjehan in 'Naukar'."

Anyone knows which Duet Rajkumari is talking about?
Priya
Nahi that is ok. Just get me such other instances--film names, pairings etc so I can hunt for the songs.
urzung khan
QUOTE(Ummer @ Jul 20 2005, 10:29 PM)
Hello I dont know the wordings of the duet, but according to Rajkumari

" I am a great fan of KL Saigal and Nurjehan. I had occasion to sing with the former in 'Bhakt Surdas' and remember him as a very charming person. I sang with Nurjehan in 'Naukar'."

Anyone knows which Duet Rajkumari is talking about?

IIRC, two songs in Naukar had NJ and RK:

labon pe hai mere kahaanii kisii kii: NJ, RK and Balwant Singh
jhuum ai gul-e-naubahaar jhuum: NJ and RK

Pulkit
Raj Kumari was a very big fan of Noor Jehan. Once in a DD interview she heaped abundant praises on Noor Jehan's talent probably to the embarrassment of the interviewer who finally asked her straight forwardly that what did she think about Lata after all laugh.gif
Ummer
lol laugh.gif
Ummer
Priya,
Please try to get hold of these duets! blink1.gif
Priya
Odd interviewer!!!! Is it a given that every singer must talk about Lata?
Priya
QUOTE(Ummer @ Jul 21 2005, 09:50 PM)
Priya,
            Please try to get hold of these duets!  blink1.gif

Will try my best. Give me some more song names to hunt for. Ek cassette mein 2 gaane to nahi order kar sakti na.

That smilie is the monopoly of us gals. tongue.gif
Inaam
Priya I will post my list of Pre partition songs that are not available here in Pakistani --- I hope tum Pulkit ki tarha hibernation mein nahin jaao gi. tongue.gif
Priya
Nahi nahi please post the list for my collector has the vcds of most films from 30s to 60s. Hopefully we will get the songs. Haan woh thoda time lete hain tape mein record karne mein par Madam ke liye thoda intezaar kya cheez hai? smile1.gif
Inaam
QUOTE(priya @ Jul 22 2005, 07:50 PM)
Nahi nahi please post the list for my collector

Are bhai hum tumhare collector Sahab ko kya jaanein! Hum tou tumko hi list post kareingey na blink.gif

Priya
GRRRR mere sentence ko aadha kaatke bolte ho!!!!! Maine kaha ki list bhejo kyunki my collector has all these things!!! Ayyo!!!!! Lagta hai Inaam ko bhi mera mazak udane mein maza aa raha hai, sabki tarah. cry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.