Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Request Song
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Singers > K.L.Saigal
tahir77
Salam to all my friends.someone have a song of k.l saigal "Dil jalta hai to jalnain de" so plz send me.thanks
gckasturi
Unless I am mistaken about the song that you have requested, it has actually been sung by Mukesh for the film Pehli Nazar. I think this is a common mistake since he does sound a lot like KL Saigal in this song. I found this web-site (http://www.ashwinacharya.com/mukesh.htm), which claims that even Saigal thought he had sung the song when he heard it - who knows if this is true or not . . .

As we all know, quite a few of the famous singers, such as Mukesh, M. Rafi, and Kishore Kumar, began their careers copying Saigal before establishing their own singing styles.

I really like this song, too, and should have it. I will post it soon, but please check the Mukesh section for it.

QUOTE(tahir77 @ Jul 19 2005, 09:09 PM)
Salam to all my friends.someone have a song of k.l saigal "Dil jalta hai to jalnain de" so plz send me.thanks

gckasturi
Hi Inushi,

I also uploaded a version in the Mukesh section. I'll download your version and will check to see if it is the same song. I am 99.99999% positive that Saigal never sang this song. This song is one of the most common examples used in Hindi film music history of Saigal's influence on the singing of later singers. I think if you do a simple Internet search for this song, you will find article after article linking this song to Mukesh. I think I did come across one article once which said that the record company did try to capitalize on Saigal's fame and attributed it to him the first two years after the song was released. But, there is almost unanimous consensus that this song was sung by Mukesh. I haven't heard your file yet, but my initial guess would be that is was mislabeled.

Sorry, I don't mean to contradict anyone, but I am pretty sure that this is the fact. And, please share any information you can find that says otherwise, since I would be very interested to know. Thanks for the song.

QUOTE(inushi @ Jul 21 2005, 07:41 PM)
hi kasturi,
i think tahir is right .i have the song and it says it is sung by k.l.saigal.

uploading the song for u guys to analyze.

sbfan
yes

i am also 100 % sure.it is by mukesh and it is his FIRST released song.tyes he followed Saigal's style but that was in start of his career.same is the case with female singers like asha, tried to sing like shamshad,geeta etc.it was due to the fame of these old singers

DIL JALTA HAI TO JALNE DE PEHLI NAZAR 1945

courtsey--singermukesh.com

regards

ashish
urzung khan
Taking up various posts on dil jaltaa hai.

1. This was NOT first released song of Mukesh. His first
released song was from a 1941 movie Nirdosh ' dil hii bujhaa huaa ho to fasl-e-bahaar kayaa'. In that song he did try to copy Saigal.

2. Records of Pehli Nazar/1945 were issued by HMV.
'dil jaltaa hai' and 'unkaa ishaaraa jaan se payaaraa' were
on one record. Its label mentioned the singers as 'Mushtaq' and 'Husnaa', which were the charachter names of Motilal and Veena in the movie, respectively.No
mention of KLSaigal anywhere.
BTW, unkaa ishaaraa was sung by Naseem Akhtar.
tahir77
Thanks inushi

ya original song K.L Saigal sahab ne gaya hai mukesh jee ne K.L saigal sahab ka song gaya hai.
Prabhakar
Dear Friends,

Here is Mukeshji's live performance of Dil Jalta Hai.

Listen to his words introducing the song.

Enjoy the song.

Prabhakar
urzung khan
QUOTE(Prabhakar @ Jul 26 2005, 07:01 AM)
Dear Friends,

Enjoy the song.

Prabhakar

He had a short memery or was trying to befool the
public. dil jalta hai was not his first song. Though
hard to find, some songs of Nirdosh 1941 are
avaialable with select collectors.These include a solo
'dil hi bhjha hua ho to' and a duet with Nalini Jaywant.
The file you have uploaded is included in Mukesh- Legend
vol 1, and is a copy of 78rpm plus live intro by Anil Biswas
and Mukesh.

urzung khan
r&d
QUOTE(Prabhakar @ Jul 25 2005, 06:01 PM)
Dear Friends,

Enjoy the song.

Prabhakar

This is Legend's version of the song with
Anil Biswas's introduction spliced in with
Mukesh's comment. This is not a live
verison of the song.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.