Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Varsha Bhosle Writes On Guru Dutt
Hamara Forums > Legends > Asha Bhonsle
bchatterjee
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...&st=0&p=115294&

Post # 8
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Jul 14 2005, 09:06 AM)

An excellent write-up. Varsha has a way with words. Her style is edgy
and in-your-face, but you comprehend the emotion behind them.
I love the last part of the article.
Where is this article from?

Thanx Bappa.
bchatterjee
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Jul 14 2005, 11:29 PM)
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Jul 14 2005, 09:06 AM)

An excellent write-up. Varsha has a way with words. Her style is edgy
and in-your-face, but you comprehend the emotion behind them.
I love the last part of the article.
Where is this article from?

Thanx Bappa.

Yeah I like the writing style. Very honest and that is what I felt about guru Dutt too......i like such writings where you don't try to beat around the bush!

One such example is where she points out the irk that she had about Guru Dutt's obsession with Bengal....in Mr. & Mrs. '55 ....I just laughed into pieces reading that.
I don't think it was obsession though....Non-Bengalis born and/or brought up in Bengal (as Guru Dutt) lose their original ethnic identity. I think it happens for Bengalis brought up elsewhere in india....You make films what influences you from childhood!

As for me I always thought Guru Dutt was a Punjabi (Dutt) and that too I never imagined in my wildest dreams he was brought up in Calcutta (Bhowanipur area) from age 4 to 16!! I had seen Pyaasa only once with my dad before that in TV when I was 8 or 9 years old.....I was bored and just sat there so that I do not have to study!!:) So I started liking Guru dutt not knowing that Calcutta was his base line!!! Similarly for Meena Kumari....Only after watching several Meena Kumari movies I came to kinow her mother was a Bong (Prabhavati Devi daughter of Hem Sundari Thakur (Tagore)!!!

So maybe in my subconcious I just found some connections to my origin in them and started liking the...not denying that!!!

This writing has its humors and that is what makes it interesting to read....
Bappa
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.