Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noorjahan
Hamara Forums > Legends > Noor Jehan
maheshks
This is my first visit to this forum and I would like to start it with my favourite song
that was prominantly sung by noorjahan.
Noorjahan's style of singing was slightly different from the one we usually find in Mumbai.
The majority of female singers in Mumbai have a typical shrill while singing...perheps that is a result of constantly listening to lataji and copying her.
Noorjahanji had a typical punjabi girl voice....slightly heavy...and it has its own charm.

Uploading this one from mirza sahiban (1947)
good display of dholki....as we mostly find in the compositions of Pt. Amarnath and his team...husnlal bhagatram...

Click to view attachment
Surraiya Chaudhry (right), and Noor Jehan, in Mirza Sahiban (1947) Picture: National Film Archive of India, Pune

RUT RANGILI AAYI
CHANDNI CHHAYI
CHAND MERE AAJA
CHAND MERE AAJA

Priya
Welcome here Maheshji!!!!! smile1.gif
Do U have any Pakistani rare songs in Ur collection?
Inaam
You are most welcome Mahesh!
Do U have her pre-partitio rare songs in Ur collection?

maheshks
Thanks Priya and Nadeem.This one is from Khandaan(1942).

HUM KHELENGE HUM AANKH MICHOLI KHELENGE

Compare the voice of Noor Jehan with Shamshad Begum who sang Meri ammi ka raaj bhala. As stated by many members in Shamshad Begum's forum that meri ammi...was sung by Noorjehan. It does not appear correct. Quite distinct voices.
Here is hum khelenge

party2.gif
maheshks
Here is my personal favourite....music by shyam sunder...a great violinist ...in his earlier days assisted Ghulam Hyder

KIS TARAH BHULEGA DIL
UNKA KHYAL AAYA HUA

MOVIE : VILLAGE GIRL(1945)
maheshks
A nice duet with GM Durrani from the movie Mirza Sahibaan. This was her last movie before partition of India.

HAATH SEENE PE JO RAKH DO TO KARAAR AA JAAYE
DIL KE UJADE HUYE GULSHAN MAIN BAHAAR AA JAAYE

party2.gif

Inaam
Very nice uploads Mahesh --- Thanks a lot Sir Ji. bow.gif

Inaam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.