Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aurat Ne Janam
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
bobby mudgel
hi---------just want 2 confirm is this geeta---------aurat ne janam diya-sadhna
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(bobby mudgel @ Jun 27 2005, 08:51 AM)

Bobby, the clip was blank.
sad1.gif
AzgarKhan
The original song was sung by Lata.
maheshks
Blank????????????????

Bobbybhai ?????????????
fiftysomeone
QUOTE(bobby mudgel @ Jun 27 2005, 09:21 PM)

Nothing in it, Bobby brother: just 30 seconds of pure hum! Is this a version like the Yeh Raat Bheegi Bheegi one sometime back?
By way of information someone, most probably Unni saab, had u'ld the clip of the original movie song sometime back. Sung by Lata, picturized on Vyjayanthimala.
Cheers.
bobby mudgel
sorry friends(line in lead connect karna bhool gaya tha)--try now
fiftysomeone

To me the clip seems more like Asha Bhonsle than Geeta Dutt!
Like we saw in the Tum-Jiyo debate, at times they did sound rather similar!
What do others think?
bchatterjee
QUOTE(fiftysomeone @ Jun 28 2005, 06:01 AM)

To me the clip seems more like Asha Bhonsle than Geeta Dutt!
Like we saw in the Tum-Jiyo debate, at times they did sound rather similar!
What do others think?

Absolutely they sound similar at times!!!

Actually asha started her career imitating geeta dutt!!!
I was watching a program on ch 6 in richmond, VA and there the announcer mentioned it too!!!

unni
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Jun 27 2005, 08:59 PM)
Actually asha started her career imitating geeta dutt!!!

Don't say I didn't warn you! rollf.gif

Click to view attachment

Priya
This picture is incomplete without the trouble maker scurrying from this side to that inciting the 2 innocent loyalists. tongue.gif
Pray include him too in that picture drama.
Waise Bappada already seems to have been done in according to that pic and what am I doing flashing something that looks like a bird's nest at the end of a pole? A male chauvinist hint at female idiocy Unni???? blink1.gif (in suspiciously sugar sweet tones)
bchatterjee
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 28 2005, 04:19 PM)
This is picture is incomplete without the trouble maker scurrying from this side to that inciting the 2 innocent loyalists.  tongue.gif
Pray include him too in that picture drama.
Waise Bappada already seems to have been done in according to that pic and what am I doing flashing something that looks like a bird's nest at the end of a pole? A male chauvinist hint at female idiocy Unni????  blink1.gif  (in suspiciously sugar sweet tones)

RIGHT PRIYA JI,
Where is Unniji in the pic????????????
Bappa clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif

BTW what is the language in the pic!!!

bobby mudgel
this is asha--------that was geeta
bchatterjee
QUOTE(bobby mudgel @ Jun 28 2005, 10:46 PM)
this is asha--------that was geeta

Bobby ji,
Geeta version puraa zara u/l kijiye na....please aur na tadpa kijiye!!!

Thanks a bunch-
Bappa
Priya
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Jun 28 2005, 06:37 PM)
RIGHT PRIYA JI,
Bappa clap1.gif  clap1.gif  clap1.gif  clap1.gif

Call me Priya, Bappada. smile1.gif
Unni, dekho Bappada bhi humse sehmat hain, ab tumhara kya hoga? tongue.gif
Bappada, that pic is some prehistoric thing--Unni ke zamane ke. Hum kya samjhenge? sad1.gif
rollf.gif

Priya
Bappada ne mere muh ki baat cheen li. Or rather aadhi baat cheen li.
Bobbyji humein clips dekar mat tadpayiye. Poora gaana ul kijiye na please--both Asha and Geeta versions. sad1.gif
bchatterjee
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 28 2005, 11:16 PM)
RIGHT PRIYA JI,

Bappada, that pic is some prehistoric thing--Unni ke zamane ke. Hum kya samjhenge? sad1.gif
rollf.gif

Actually do not call me Da....Unniji should not at least as we both are alumnus of the same school. He was senior to me!!!!
But after a certain age anyone can be addressed Da or Di.....People (like a friend's husband or neighbour), if you are not sure you address as Mr. or Mrs. so and so......but woh to purane zamana ki baat!!!

adress my mother as Didi out of respect
Anyway, from now on call me Bappa, unless you are really little ( I hope you are not perpetually 18!!!!)

Lets get to first name basis. But Unniji is what I should call him till he askes me to adrees him otherwise smile1.gif smile1.gif

Bappa
bchatterjee
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Jun 28 2005, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 28 2005, 11:16 PM)
RIGHT PRIYA JI,

rollf.gif

Actually do not call me Da....Unniji should not at least as we both are alumnus of the same school. He was senior to me!!!!
But after a certain age anyone can be addressed Da or Di.....People (like a friend's husband or neighbour), if you are not sure you address as Mr. or Mrs. so and so......but woh to purane zamana ki baat!!!

adress my mother as Didi out of respect
Anyway, from now on call me Bappa, unless you are really little ( I hope you are not perpetually 18!!!!)

Lets get to first name basis. But Unniji is what I should call him till he askes me to adrees him otherwise smile1.gif smile1.gif

Bappa

Priya,
You know often I have found that the reason why you like an artist or dislike are the same reasons why someone else just feels opposite to what you feel. As an example I can site Talat Mahmood. I like Talat Saab's voice or rather voice quality. I mean no matter what he sings becomes more magical in his voice. That velvetty voice, which a friend of mine calls shaky and hence dislikes it!!!
Similarly Meena Kumari, is a person who we argue about a lot. Her looks are liked by some, and others feels she is not!!! I just like the same things in her which others dislike.......
Like I do not like Raj Kapoor's film technique at all, but others like his presentations. I love Guru Dutt for the same reality projection and self pity which some people hate!!!

SIMILARLY GEETA AND ASHA. I just love the quality of Geeta Dutt's voice more than any other artist!!! All these people are too great to be compartmentalized!!!

Only thing I have is that I wish Geeta had the same luck as the others : Lata & Asha.....As S.D. Burman wanted to work with her when Lata and he were in a tussle....but chose asha as Geeta was a wreck by then...

Just some thoughts-
Bappa
Priya
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Jun 28 2005, 10:22 PM)

OK Bappa it is!!!!! smile1.gif

Wish I was. sad1.gif That was a decade ago. Time flies. cry.gif

Lets get to first name basis. But Unniji is what I should call him till he askes me to adrees him otherwise smile1.gif  smile1.gif

Unni I think has got tired of asking people to call him by name!!!
(Instead they call him names tongue.gif )
Priya
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Jun 28 2005, 10:32 PM)
Priya,
You know often I have found that the reason why you like an artist or dislike are the same reasons why someone else just feels opposite to what you feel. As an example I can site Talat Mahmood. I like Talat Saab's voice or rather voice quality. I mean no matter what he sings becomes more magical in his voice. That velvetty voice, which a friend of mine calls shaky and hence dislikes it!!!
Similarly Meena Kumari, is a person who we argue about a lot. Her looks are liked by some, and others feels she is not!!! I just like the same things in her which others dislike.......
Like I do not like Raj Kapoor's film technique at all, but others like his presentations. I love Guru Dutt for the same reality projection and self pity which some people hate!!!

SIMILARLY GEETA AND ASHA. I just love the quality of Geeta Dutt's voice more than any other artist!!! All these people are too great to be compartmentalized!!!

Only thing I have is that I wish Geeta had the same luck as the others : Lata & Asha.....As S.D. Burman wanted to work with her when Lata and he were in a tussle....but chose asha as Geeta was a wreck by then...

Just some thoughts-
Bappa

Agree about Raj Kapoor and Guru Dutt. I just LOVE Guru Dutt's films.
Well we all know U are mad about Geeta and I am crazy about Asha. What I always feel is more than the general music lovers who love all singers, people like us are actually similar. Bec we are passionate abt one artist. The diff lies in the choice of artists. In public forums I feel if we all realised that others feel the same strong dedication and admiration that we feel, it should create a bond and we will not step on each other's toes. Kya khayal hai?
Asha and SDB--hmmm--he threw her out when he got back with Lata. sad1.gif
bchatterjee
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 29 2005, 02:42 AM)
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Jun 28 2005, 10:32 PM)
Priya,

Just some thoughts-
Bappa

Agree about Raj Kapoor and Guru Dutt. I just LOVE Guru Dutt's films.
Well we all know U are mad about Geeta and I am crazy about Asha. What I always feel is more than the general music lovers who love all singers, people like us are actually similar. Bec we are passionate abt one artist. The diff lies in the choice of artists. In public forums I feel if we all realised that others feel the same strong dedication and admiration that we feel, it should create a bond and we will not step on each other's toes. Kya khayal hai?
Asha and SDB--hmmm--he threw her out when he got back with Lata. sad1.gif

Bilkul Bilkul (Thik Think bangla mein, just in case phir galat hindi bol diya, Right Right, in English) tongue.gif
parag_sankla
Is there a version song of "Aurat ne janam diya mardon ko" sung by Geeta ji (Film Sadhana : Original song sung by Lata ji) ? Not clear from all the discussion on this thread.

TIA
Parag
smahesh
no,
the version song is by sudha malhotra.

regards,
mahesh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.