Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If S-j Composed For Saigal
Hamara Forums > Music > Hamari Sangeet Mehfil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71
Talaikya
Here's something interesting I came across, tell me what you think. It obviously isn't me, unless of course I am a man in the guise of a woman (anything is possible). Would you like some more??
princeali
LoL T-ji, that was hilarious laugh.gif tongue.gif

It says Unni at the top of Windows Media Player so I am assuming he had something to do with it.

Mr. Unni ji a.k.a The Badshah of Hamara Forums, did you make this program lol ?.

Wow, just imagine if there was no Rafi saab, SJ or Shammi Kapoor, how boring film music would have been rollf.gif
unni
QUOTE(princeali @ Jun 22 2005, 11:42 PM)
Mr. Unni ji a.k.a The Badshah of Hamara Forums, did you make this program lol ?.

ME? blab.gif
princeali
QUOTE(unni @ Jun 22 2005, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE(princeali @ Jun 22 2005, 11:42 PM)

ME? blab.gif

LOL laugh.gif

Who else but a super technician a la Unni ji could put something as superb as this together.

Now I am curious tongue.gif laugh.gif
Chitralekha
toophaanon mein gire hai.. ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL fantastic!! yeh dil maange more!!

ONCE MORE ONCE MORE!!! laugh.gif
Talaikya
Hey hey, ek hi Unni hain kya sare jahan main?? Yahoooooooooooooo...
Chitralekha
I honestly forgot the how the Rafi version goes. OMG! kya jaadu hai.. YAHOO ka!!
Talaikya
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Jun 22 2005, 11:15 PM)
I honestly forgot the how the Rafi version goes. OMG! kya jaadu hai.. YAHOO ka!!

I absolutely love "armaan" and of course... always... YAHOO! rollf.gif rollf.gif
Priya
The yahoo has me roffling again and again. So delightfully doleful. clap1.gif Unni U are an absolute scream.

Now in keeping with the Badshah's new hobby we need a video clip of the maestro singing. What say Unni? tongue.gif

Chitralekha
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 22 2005, 09:29 PM)
The yahoo has me roffling again and again. So delightfully doleful. clap1.gif Unni U are an absolute scream.

Now in keeping with the Badshah's new hobby we need a video clip of the maestro singing. What say Unni? tongue.gif

How about a video of singer singing "jaan pehchaan ho jeena aasaan ho..." I am day-dreaming of watching this now. kaash... hum ko yeh video dekhne ko mile.
Priya
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Jun 23 2005, 10:08 AM)
How about a video of singer singing "jaan pehchaan ho jeena aasaan ho..." I am day-dreaming of watching this now. kaash... hum ko yeh video dekhne ko mile.

Yeh kaunsa gaana hai Chitz? unsure.gif
Chitralekha
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 22 2005, 09:41 PM)

Yet another SJ song by Rafi sahab that you just gotta listen to. Let me know if you want me to upload for you.
aahat
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Jun 23 2005, 10:27 AM)
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 22 2005, 09:41 PM)

Yet another SJ song by Rafi sahab that you just gotta listen to. Let me know if you want me to upload for you.

Me never heard of this song. Would love to.

T-ji, thanks for waking me up with this hilarious piece. smile1.gif I've been busy of late enjoying my last holidays, so do not get to write much here. Hope to be back to discussions soon. smile1.gif
Anil4
Oh boy Oh boy!!!!!!!

After I stopped laughing, I was bursting with curiousty. After rejecting all the improbable theories, I was left with these two plausible ones:

(1) Priya se ladaai karte karte, Unni Bhai bahut thak gaye hai aur unka voice bhi bahut weak ho gaya hai. Leave the poor man alone Priya until such time when he is fully recovered.

(2) However the above scenario doesnt explain the role of Ms T. After all it was Talaikya who made the original posting. Then the penny ( or should I say the multi-million dollar contract) dropped. Ms T has landed a huge contract from Yahoo (the search engine company) who in response to the growing dominance of Google have hired her to assist in their marketing drive and compose some TV ads. She's gonna let loose Unni, singing Yahoo on American TV's soon.

Ek Baat yaad rahe Ms T. Whatever Unni can do, Priya can do just as well if not better. Give her a try as well .

Ali, Chitralekha, what do u think?

Anil
extenok
Kamaal kar diya hae.

Now all we need is Jaan Pehchaan Ho in Mukesh's voice & preferrably this time around in video, instead of just the recorded sound.
Priya
QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Jun 23 2005, 04:29 PM)
Oh boy Oh boy!!!!!!!

After I stopped laughing, I was bursting with curiousty. After rejecting all the improbable theories, I was left with these two plausible ones:

(1)  Priya se ladaai karte karte, Unni Bhai bahut thak gaye hai aur unka voice bhi  bahut weak ho gaya hai. Leave the poor man alone Priya until such time when he is fully recovered.

Unni thak gayein hain????? U kidding!!! ????? The man thrives on his fights with me. Like Asterix and his magic potion!!!!
Unni is a poor man eh? Sab ko Unni ki fikr hai. Humpar to koi taras khata bhi nahi.
Jo taar se nikli hai woh dhun sab ne suni hai
Jo saaz pe guzri hai woh kis dil ko pata hai (exit stage right--sobbing bitterly)

(2) However the above scenario doesnt explain the role of Ms T. After all it was Talaikya who made the original posting. Then the penny ( or should I say the multi-million dollar contract) dropped. Ms T has landed a huge contract from Yahoo (the search engine company) who in response to the growing dominance of Google  have hired her to assist in their marketing drive and compose some TV ads. She's gonna let loose Unni, singing Yahoo on American TV's soon.

(Scope for Unni bashing? Re-enter stage left)
Tji is gonna let loose Unni? Now why do I get the image of a savage caged beast? rollf.gif

Ek Baat yaad rahe Ms T. Whatever Unni can do, Priya can do just as well if not better. Give her a try as well .

Nahi nahi Anil. Aise chote scale par hum thode hi compete karnenge!! Internal yahoo wars? Bah!!!! I will be the voice of google. Well it goes with Unni's tune too(what's there in a little 'inspiration' right? Goooogle, gooooooogle!!!!!!!! rollf.gif
SAJJAD
Unni Bhai - WOW! I would love to hear this same song in Talat's style wink2.gif
unni
Kaisey kahoon mein yeh kiski awaaz hai. tongue.gif

Aap anumaan laga saktey hain? Koi andaaza? doh.gif

Click to view attachment

extenok
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Jun 23 2005, 07:54 PM)
Unni Bhai - WOW!  I would love to hear this same song in Talat's style wink2.gif

Blasphemy! blab.gif
ketadxb
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 23 2005, 08:29 AM)

Dera Unniji, every body has said it all all I can repeat is Tum jiyo hazaro saal saal me gaane up load ho pachas hazar
sssssallam

Regards
Anil4
QUOTE(unni @ Jun 23 2005, 10:04 PM)

Click to view attachment

I have never seen her, dont know what she looks like, have never spoken to her, dont know what she sounds like but something ( dont ask me what) tells me that I have just heard the divine voice of Talikya ji.

If this is indeed her then jitna accha talk karti hai ( I mean in her postings), utna accha gaati bhi hai!

Anil
unni
QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Jun 23 2005, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE(unni @ Jun 23 2005, 10:04 PM)

Click to view attachment

I have never seen her, dont know what she looks like, have never spoken to her, dont know what she sounds like but something ( dont ask me what) tells me that I have just heard the divine voice of Talikya ji.

If this is indeed her then jitna accha talk karti hai ( I mean in her postings), utna accha gaati bhi hai!

Anil

Anil:

You haven't seen T-ji picture in the forum? Where were you? blab.gif

But I'm neither confirming nor denying the voice identity! rollf.gif
princeali
QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Jun 23 2005, 05:59 AM)
Oh boy Oh boy!!!!!!!

(1)  Priya se ladaai karte karte, Unni Bhai bahut thak gaye hai aur unka voice bhi  bahut weak ho gaya hai. Leave the poor man alone Priya until such time when he is fully recovered.

(2) However the above scenario doesnt explain the role of Ms T. After all it was Talaikya who made the original posting. Then the penny ( or should I say the multi-million dollar contract) dropped. Ms T has landed a huge contract from Yahoo (the search engine company) who in response to the growing dominance of Google  have hired her to assist in their marketing drive and compose some TV ads. She's gonna let loose Unni, singing Yahoo on American TV's soon.

Ali, Chitralekha, what do u think?

Anil

I agree Anil bhai, Priya ji, a very talented person can equal the task smile1.gif but we have to keep one thing in mind, she has our supreme Unni ji for competition and that is saying alot indeed clap1.gif
Anil4
The other outside possibility is that the singer is " Anything Unni can do, I can do better" Priya, doing a rehearsal for her Google campaign.

After listening carefully I couldnt hear the Google word in the audio clip , but then anything Priya sings would be all " Cock-A-Doodle -Do, Google Google Do " to the
American TV Audiences anyway!

Anil
unni
Could be any one among Chitralekha, Divyanjali, Lata, Nimii, Preety, Priya, T-ji, etc. tongue.gif Maybe someone else altogether! camera.gif

Could be me trying to do a Kishore-da and mimicing a female voice. blab.gif In which case my "female" voice is better than my normal voice! rollf.gif
Chitralekha
This is yet again Unni badshah ji biggrin.gif *bhaago*

No I was just kidding smile1.gif I am guessing the voice is of mrs. Unni.
extenok

I guess its either Priya or T. Why these two, well, because you're friends with both of them and your camaraderie shows. With the others, Chitralekha, Divyanjali, Lata, Nimii, Preety, its a little less.
unni
QUOTE(extenok @ Jun 23 2005, 09:45 PM)
I guess its either Priya or T. Why these two, well, because you're friends with both of them and your camaraderie shows. With the others, Chitralekha, Divyanjali, Lata, Nimii, Preety, its a little less.

Chitralekha has no time for me. sad1.gif

Divyanjali is just getting to know me. bye.gif

Lata and I correspond by PM. ph34r.gif

Nimii and I have "Admin dates". tongue.gif

Preety and I share love-poems. wub.gif

So there! abuse.gif
Chitralekha
QUOTE(unni @ Jun 23 2005, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE(extenok @ Jun 23 2005, 09:45 PM)

Divyanjali is just getting to know me. bye.gif

So there! abuse.gif

Bade aaye "no time for me" wale... baatein hai sab baatein.
An emotional blackmailer thats what you are. tongue.gif
unni
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Jun 23 2005, 09:54 PM)

To make it convincing, the least you could've done is to insert the sobbing smilie! angry2.gif
Chitralekha
QUOTE(unni @ Jun 23 2005, 06:56 PM)
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Jun 23 2005, 09:54 PM)

To make it convincing, the least you could've done is to insert the sobbing smilie! angry2.gif

What?? and show my tears are of crocodile's?? tongue.gif no wayyyyy~
extenok

Madam C has come to realize your true nature, which explains her lack of interest. smile1.gif

Divyanjali is just getting to know me.  bye.gif

Good for Divyanjali, I guess?!? Life is full of learning experiences. I don't imply that she should be subjected to this one, but she has got to start somewhere.

That isn't visible to the public forum, now is it?

So, these admin dates, do they taste any different than regular dates? And where do you exactly have them? In plain view of the forum members?

Love poems through email/P.M aren't visible to us, sorry. tongue.gif
Talaikya
QUOTE(unni @ Jun 23 2005, 07:46 PM)
Could be any one among Chitralekha, Divyanjali, Lata, Nimii, Preety, Priya, T-ji, etc.  tongue.gif Maybe someone else altogether! camera.gif

Tch tch aap se yeh Umeed nahin thi Unni ji, aap Sharmila ji ko to bhool hi gaye! (Gosh who else have I forgotten?? blab.gif )

QUOTE(extenok @ Jun 23 2005, 08:45 PM)

Imran - woh gaana suna hain - Shyam teri bansi pukare Radha naam, log karein Meera ko yun hi badnaam??? tongue.gif

Aur yeh bhi socho - ke public forum mein Unni ji yeh gul khila rahe - kahin PM tau kahin dates to kahin love potions errr poems share kar rahe hain tau apni khud ki real life mein kitni gopiyon ne unhe gaana sunaya hoga!?

And rahi Chitz ki baat, she has no time for me either cry.gif (convincing?)

unni
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jun 23 2005, 10:24 PM)
Tch tch aap se yeh Umeed nahin thi Unni ji, aap Sharmila ji ko to bhool hi gaye! (Gosh who else have I forgotten?? blab.gif )

So many women. So little time. sad1.gif
Priya
QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Jun 24 2005, 06:02 AM)
The other outside possibility is that the singer is " Anything Unni can do, I can do better" Priya, doing a rehearsal for her Google campaign.

After listening carefully I couldnt hear the Google word in the audio clip , but then anything Priya sings would be all " Cock-A-Doodle -Do, Google Google Do " to the
American TV Audiences anyway!
Anil

When Priya sings it will be something like "saaf karo insaaf karo" (grinning evilly) smile3.gif
Nimii
Who is this?!?!? I cant figure out ??

All I can guess it is a nice female voice wink2.gif

UNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII who is it?!?!?!?

N angry1.gif
Pradeep
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jun 22 2005, 11:51 PM)
Here's something interesting I came across, tell me what you think. It obviously isn't me, unless of course I am a man in the guise of a woman (anything is possible). Would you like some more??

This should also be featured as an option for user in the best antivirus category. After I played this, my system is free of viruses and worms. I intent to play this track all day night long. I recomment all you members to play it on, on and on.

Gham Diye Mushtaqil was always my saigal favourite. This now has moved a notch down.

smile1.gif
Anil4
Look Unni,I'm getting curiouser and curiouser and curiouser about this!!!!!!!!!

For the benefit of other Forum members I sent Unni a PM asking him the name of singer and making the usual promises about keeping my mouth shut in the mean time.

No luck.(ok sometimes I can be worse than a woman, about being curious i mean)

QUOTE(unni @ Jun 23 2005, 07:46 PM)
Could be any one among Chitralekha, Divyanjali, Lata, Nimii, Preety, Priya, T-ji, etc. tongue.gif Maybe someone else altogether! [QUOTE]

1. Chitralekha- She's a dutiful daughter more into singing bhajans and other religious songs with her mother. I'll count her out.

2. Divyajali - She's more into those patriotic songs - Mere desh ki dhari sona ugle is more her kind .

3. Lata- purely from her postings, conveys an impression of a serious personality, probably sings lullabies to her children, although must admit the song posted has a certain soothing quality to it.

4. Nimmi- would she sing anything else but Guru?

5. Pretty - more into prose and poetry. Gaana na aaya, bajaana na aaya.

Back to my original choices of Ms T and Priya. Priya is too set in her ways now and will only sing "Unni ke Danda se Maaro"

So my money is still on Ms T.

Chitralekha suggested Mrs Unni. From Worli ,Bombay to Union Square, NY City, from
the sugar cane fields of Fiji to Little India in Sigapore, most Indian men I know have this tendency of "Ghar ki murgi Daal barabar". Unni may just be a rare exception and could be promoting his wife's next album. One chance in billion maybe.

Anil
Nimii
Bhirgu!! no no I sing other songs too wink2.gif

But no no that is not me!! THAT IS NOT MY VOICE

n smile1.gif
Nimii
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Jun 24 2005, 09:48 AM)
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jun 22 2005, 11:51 PM)

This should also be featured as an option for user in the best antivirus category. After I played this, my system is free of viruses and worms. I intent to play this track all day night long. I recomment all you members to play it on, on and on.

Gham Diye Mushtaqil was always my saigal favourite. This now has moved a notch down.

smile1.gif

YOU MEAN YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION TO NORTON WILL BE SAVED?!?! WOWOWIE SO MANY $$ SAVED wink2.gif

n biggrin.gif
gkshyam
Hmm......Greatt uploads.........I have my bets on Mr and Mrs. Unni ..... laugh.gif wink2.gif
unni
Folks,

To put you all out of misery:

Most likely it was T-ji or P-ji.

So, it had to be either Lata Mangeshkar or Asha Bhosle. laugh.gif

So now you know. rollf.gif

anurag
QUOTE(unni @ Jun 24 2005, 06:13 AM)

Most likely it was T-ji or P-ji.

P-ji
Talaikya
QUOTE(anurag @ Jun 24 2005, 10:54 AM)
P-ji

He sounds certain!! laugh.gif
unni
Had pruned it down to either T-ji or P-ji.

Obviously their own choice of singer would be Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle, respectively.

If you know your HFM, you'd know which singer's song is on that recording.

Now, does that make it clear? laugh.gif
Priya
Why the assumption on the singers Unni?
We may not wish to disgrace our respective idols, na? tongue.gif
unni
Had you disgraced the great Asha-ji, I wouldn't have dared to introduce your voice to the world, na? tongue.gif
Priya
QUOTE(unni @ Jun 25 2005, 12:30 AM)
Had you disgraced the great Asha-ji, I wouldn't have dared to introduce your voice to the world, na? tongue.gif

Not so sure Unni, with U one just never knows. rollf.gif
Never seen anyone with a naughtier streak!!!
anurag
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jun 24 2005, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE(anurag @ Jun 24 2005, 10:54 AM)
P-ji

He sounds certain!! laugh.gif

You know. T., the voice somehow had a "starry" quality. wink2.gif Hence the prediction.
Very well sung, very well.., Priya.

Now that Unni has confirmed it, I thought of listening to it once again but I don't see the attachement. doh.gif Someone please PM it to me and also post the original song.

Also, Unni's yahoo was hilarious. We need more such gems and since the guesses were between P and T, I'd especially request T. to post her voice too. A singing one, I mean. How about your favorite Lata song, T?

unni
QUOTE(anurag @ Jun 24 2005, 07:11 PM)
Now that Unni has confirmed it, I thought of listening to it once again but I don't see the attachement.  doh.gif  Someone please PM it to me and also post the original song.

Anurag:

Due to the exceedingly high number of downloads of this track, the server couldn't handle the demand! tongue.gif But I have re-uploaded it in response to the frantic appeals from fervent fans!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.