Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Batalvi
Hamara Forums > Music > Regional Music > Punjabi
bigger_than_bollywood
If Bulle Shah is the Chaucer of Punjabi poetry, then Shiv Kumar Batalvi must be its Wordsworth. This thread dedicated to the poetry and music of modern Punjabi's most famous poet.

Please share whatever you know of Batalvi's life and work here. Also, music! Please ul! I'll kick this off "maye ni maye mere geetan" rendered by nusrat saab. rolleyes.gif

bigger_than_bollywood
Ghamaan di raat lammi ae, ja mere geet lammi ne
Na phaidi raat mukdi ae, na mere geet mukde ne

Ae sar kinne'k doonge ne, kisi ne haath na paai
Na barsataa'n chadade ne, te na auraan'ch sukde ne

Ae phat han ishq de yaaro, aena di ki dawa howe?
Ae hath laayan wi dukhde ne, malam laayan wi dukhde ne
rom
Chanced upon this thread late... I love most of the Shiv Kumar Batalvi songs I've heard. I'll have to look up and digitise a cassette of Jagjit Singh's rendition of his poetry... contains some heartbreaking songs, like 'E Mera Geet Kise Na Gaana', and 'Rog Ban Ke Reh Gaya Hei Pyar Tere Shehar Da'.
Am uploading Mainu Tera Shabab Lei Baitha, by Hansraj Hans, here.
rom
Another version of Mainu Tera Shabab Lei Baitha... I think I got this from Coolgoose, but can't recognize the singer... Doesn't sound like Asa Singh Mastana, but could it be him? This seems to be a live version.
bigger_than_bollywood, do you have this song in Mastana's voice? If yes, please do share it. Thanks!
Inaam
I request for "Maae Ni Maae Mein Ik Shikra Yaar Banaya". Does anybody have Hans Raj Hans version?

bigger_than_bollywood
I do have mainu tera shabad lai baitha in Asa Singh ji's voice. I will ul it soon.

Inaam saab, who are the popular Punjabi poets in Pakistan? Esp. I haven't heard a lot of music by Nusrat saab in Punjabi other than the sufi kalaam in his qawalis of course. Is there other Punjabi poetry sung by him?

thanks
-manoneet
deewani
QUOTE(rom @ Jun 22 2005, 10:22 PM)
Another version of  Mainu Tera Shabab Lei Baitha... I think I got this from Coolgoose, but can't recognize the singer... Doesn't sound like Asa Singh Mastana, but could it be him? This seems to be a live version.
bigger_than_bollywood, do you have this song in Mastana's voice? If yes, please do share it. Thanks!

I didn't download this file, but I can tell you that i have one by Mahendra Kapoor as well.
bigger_than_bollywood
Asa Singh ji's Mainu tera shabab lai baitha. enjoy!
rom
Many thanks, B_T_B!
And JKD, out with the Mahendra Kapoor version, pleej! smile1.gif
deewani
QUOTE(rom @ Jun 24 2005, 05:22 AM)
Many thanks, B_T_B!
And JKD, out with the Mahendra Kapoor version, pleej! smile1.gif

Here you go rom, enjoy
smile.gif
vmehra
Mohinder Kapoor - some Shiv songs
vmehra
Anotherone - also sung by RABI
rom
Thanks you, JKD and vmehra-ji!
vmehra
You can read about shiv at

[URL=http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Makeup/2732/batalvi.html
rom
A few more songs for Batalvi fans... and for Jagjit Singh fans as well, of course.
rom
Eh Mera Geet Kise Na Gaana... sad1.gif
rom
Third and last...
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(rom @ Aug 17 2005, 10:48 PM)
Third and last...

thanks rom ji, batalvi is truly peerless in the pantheon of modern Punjabi poets!
rom
I did know that at least you'd like these songs, BTB! Yes, Batalvi was really peerless. Pity he died so young. sad1.gif

I've uploaded a song at the following link... sung by Mastana, and the lyrics are somewhat Batalvi-ish... But the poet/lyricist actually is someone called Prakash Sathi.

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=12460&st=75
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(rom @ Aug 18 2005, 12:20 AM)
I did know that at least you'd like these songs, BTB! Yes, Batalvi was really peerless. Pity he died so young. sad1.gif

I've uploaded a song at the following link... sung by Mastana, and the lyrics are somewhat Batalvi-ish... But the poet/lyricist actually is someone called Prakash Sathi.

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=12460&st=75

I already dled that track and was hearing that track right now... you're right, the poetry does sound like Batalvi. thanks again for all the uls. bye.gif
rom
QUOTE(Inaam_Nadeem @ Jun 23 2005, 09:16 PM) *

I request for "Maae Ni Maae Mein Ik Shikra Yaar Banaya". Does anybody have Hans Raj Hans version?

A bit late, but I found this one... by Jagjit Singh, though.
Coincidence that BTB appeared just as I was zipping up this file... clap1.gif
Shikra, apparently, is a bird that eats hearts... know what it's called in English? Girl/woman? tongue.gif
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(rom @ Sep 30 2005, 10:44 PM) *

Shikra, apparently, is a bird that eats hearts... know what it's called in English? Girl/woman? tongue.gif

Rom,

Kisi aur forum main yeh kaha hota to abhi joote baras rahe hote. tongue.gif

thanks a bunch, great song.

-manoneet
rom
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Oct 1 2005, 03:18 PM) *

Rom,

Kisi aur forum main yeh kaha hota to abhi joote baras rahe hote. tongue.gif

thanks a bunch, great song.

-manoneet

Yup, great song. Good that chhokri log don't come here. wink2.gif They're the happy kind, all of them... Nahin toh koi aati aur pitaayi kar deti.
Now I wonder how Hans Raj Hans has sung this one... can't be better than Jagjit Singh, I'm sure. bow.gif
rom
Digitised some Batalvi songs by Mahendra Kapoor recently... and am sharing them here...
First, Ik Kudi Jehda Naa Mohabbat.
rom
Ki Puchhde Ho Haal Fakiran Da...
rom
Mainu Tera Shabab...
rom
Mein Kandyali Thor Ve Sajna...
rom
Peedan Da Paraga...
rom
Aj Din Charehya Tere Rang Varga...
rom
Asaan Te Joban Rut Te Marna...
rom
Deja Meri Kalam Noon...
rom
Am sharing a version of Mainu Tera Shabab Lei Baitha...
By Hans Raj Hans...

But going through the thread, I see that I'd shared this one before... ohmy.gif But I'd let it remain for now... mellow.gif
Shahid Hussain
Good News For The Punjabi Songs Lovers And Rafi Fans!
The World`s First Ever Book On Muhammad Rafiji`S Punjabi Songs Is Under Publication Which Will Cover All The Punjabi Songs Sung By Muhammad Rafi For Punjabi Films Or Non-Films. Bhajans, Ashloks And All Other Devotional Songs Are Included.The Detail Will Soon Be Posted.

Regards
Shahid Hussain
Lahore
singer.rafi@gmail.com
Visit Muhammad Rafi Group
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.