Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noor Jehan On Indian Tunes
Hamara Forums > Legends > Noor Jehan
Inaam
We all know that the Indian and Pakistani music directors feel no hesitation to copy one another music. Noor Jehan herself had also sung many copied songs. But its an astounding reality that she couldn’t loose her peculiar style. There is an example of Lata Ji’s very melodious song “Bada dukh deena … tere lakahn ne” (Ram Lakhan). I simply love this song. It is my all time favorite Lata song. Noor Jehan had sung this tune for a Punjabi film “Nigaahein” (1991). Music director was M Ashraf. Lyrics are:
Kinu Dil Dewaan Mein Vi Na Jaana
Noor Jehan sang it in her own style including some additions and stamped it for herself.

Well I don’t want to compare Lata and Noor Jehan, One thing should be remembered that Lata had sung it in Hindi/Urdu and Madam in Punjabi for a typical style of Punjabi filmi Mujra. The atmospheres of both songs as different as the languages are.

Waiting to hear from you.
asad
QUOTE(Inaam_Nadeem @ May 24 2005, 04:09 PM)
We all know that the Indian and Pakistani music directors feel no hesitation to copy one another music.

Inaam, since you seem to be interested in (and are familiar with) both Indian and Pakistani music, it would be wonderful if you could start identifying other songs which were copied. I am sure a lot of Indian songs were copies too. Some of the well known ones are the copies of "hawaa hawaa" by Hasan Jahangir and 'tuu cheez baRii hai mast mast" from the qawwali. Then there was a complete song of Nadeem-Shravan, written by Sameer which was apparently copied lock stock and barrel from a Pakistani movie. Why don't you start a thread in Sangeet ke sitare on this topic?

Asad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.