Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Kumar Sanu The Same As He Was
Hamara Forums > Music > Singers > Kumar Sanu
attashah15
this is to ask you poeple whether he is the same as he was in 1990?
attashah15
QUOTE(attashah15 @ May 24 2005, 03:52 AM)
QUOTE(attashah15 @ May 24 2005, 03:50 AM)
QUOTE(attashah15 @ May 24 2005, 03:49 AM)

noggg

i think he has lost his voice quality

i think he has lvvost his voice quality
kurtcobain
allow me to disagree

often we do get the feeling that his voice is not the same as it was in the 90's, but this illusion is shattered when you listen to a few of his recent songs

1.mere jeewan saathi: he sings with the power and intensity that he sang 'ashiqui ' with

2.koi mere dil mein hai: his voice still has the same softness ,surround sound and gentle expression like 'sochenge tumhein pyaar'

3.jaane kahaan leke jaaye zindagi (dreams): he can still pull off tough solo's and make them sound like evergreen classics, somewhat like 'kuch na kaho'

i feel that it is music and music directors in general who have lost touch, the popularity of the likes of ARR and SEL, have changed (if not harmed) melody, and KS doesn't seem to fit well into un-emotional and shallow compositions, which makes his voice sound less magical

if you listen to all his songs, you will realise that the magic is still there

thanks for posting the topic and raising the question thumbs-up.gif
Pradeep
His voice and pronounciation, both have improved since 90s. Hope it goes strnger by the hour.
Nimii
Any new songs sung recently by him??

N ?
kurtcobain
Any new songs sung recently by him??

N ?

these are the three songs i mentioned in my previous post on www.raaga.com (click on link to go to the movie and select song )

tumko dulhan banayenge-mere jeewan saathi
http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/movie/h000823/

koi mere dil mein hai
http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/movie/h000780/

jaane kahaan-dreams
jaane kahaan

do post your reviews and comments rolleyes.gif
kurtcobain
His voice and pronounciation, both have improved since 90s. Hope it goes strnger by the hour.

thanks pradeep

i am curious regarding what makes you percieve that? most people percieve the contrary (i believe neither)....i think his voice is the same, he just has an immense variation in singing style
Tera Baap
I do think that KS voice has changed, but i feel that it is his own fault. He can still comeback into form all he needs is to practise. I feel that he has lost the control and and depth he used to have. He is still a very good singer no doubt and at one time was the undisputed king. Even his rival Udit conceeded that KS was a better singer than him but look at the position now, Udit is very much ahead of KS. It is quite sad for me as a KS fan to write this but it is my honest feeling. His songs in 'Zindagi Ek Juaa' are a force to be reckoned with. His vocal quality in that album was unparralleled and even to this day i get goosebumps when i listen to his versions of 'dil to dil hai', 'yeh zindagi hai ek juaa', 'kabhi kuch khoya' but sadly at this time i doubt his ability to sing like that ever again.

Age is a big factor when talking about voice quality and it could simply be that time has taken its toll on him e.g. Lata's voice is a prime example of what time can do, eve rafi and kishore endured changes to their vocals over time. And considering the amount of songs he has sung 9000+ its no surprise that his voice has changed. Even in the examples mentioned above he is lacking that 'x' factor in his voice which was so evident in albums like Aashiqui, Saajan, Dil hai ke maanta nahin, Zindagi Ek Juaa, and many more.

Many ppl criticise Sanu for having a nasal style but i dont have a problem with that. I feel his nasal style brings more emotions to a song and he used to use that style earlier on in his career so it is not a new thing. Problem is that nowadays it seems that every one of songs has a prominent nasal touch to it whereas in the 90s he used this effect sparingly (notice zindagi ek juaa, his vocals are comlpetely free of this effect) and only when the song or situation demanded it. But now, even in MJS, although his voice is bass heavy and has good projection, there is a defiante nasal edge. I'm not having a go at KS but if he is still as versatile as he used to be then how come he is lacking in control and displays a constant nasal touch.

Maybe its lack of practise but his quality has deteriorated and i can only hope and pray that he comes back to form and it is sad to see a singer of his stature be relegated to the sidelines by other 'ordinary' singers.
Manzar Gul Wazir
YES
HE IS BEST AS EVER
unni
Manzar-bhai:

Your post has been edited to remove the link to a commercial site. Please do not advertise commercial sites in your posts in the forum. Thanks!
shabbirkumar786
QUOTE(attashah15 @ May 24 2005, 03:49 AM) *

hiya,

im a proper genuine music buff & my answer to ur quetion would be a very strong no-

his not the same kumar sanu of 1990 & yes his definitely lost his voice quality.

his pronounciation was never there in the first place & as for versatility he often struggled even in his peak

days. apart from low scale romantic numbers he always seemed uncomfortable.

kumar sanu has lost his audience because the audience of today have moved on to singers with more range

& versatility eg:

udit narayan, sonu nigam, k.k., kunal gunjawala, shaan etc etc.

kumar sanu to me has always been a weaker, less versatile singer than say an amit kumar whos simply

incredible & completely versatile at any scale!

every kumar sanu track was composed with him & his scale in mind.

unfortunatel kumar sanu has fallen short & his novality has certainly worn off without doubt.

his had his phase.

p.s.

lets not forget had the great kishore kumar not sadly died in october 1987.

there wouldnt have been a kumar sanu in the first place!!!

kishoreda
well, from a singer point of view i can be very sure that sanu bhai's voice didnt change at all...singers with bad habits could loose their voice quality by drinking too much alcohol or smoking too much, as far as i am concerned sanu doesnt drink alcohol, i have never seen him smoking a cigaret or having any big bad habit....anyways its not true that when you get old your voice will go bad, perhapes when you grow older , your voice shoud become more stronger and more surreela and more bigger than b4, listen to kishore's "hume aur jeene ki chaahat na hoti" and also listen to songs when guru was 20 year old or so, a big different.....yes its true when you get too old like lata ji then you will loose your voice quality, sanu bhai is not that old yet, now if you compare those songs that were composed in 1990s and now , you will see a big different between the 2, songs that are composed today has a maximum life of 3 or the most 6 months , but songs that were composed and arranged around 90s or b4 90s are always "ever green" they always sound wonderfull...tell me how often you can listen to songs that were composed lately? your ears will get tired of them after hearing them more than 3 times......so its not sanu bhai's fault, i truly believe its the kind of songs that they compose and arrange today for selling perpuses or market demands ( bad) songs that are composed now days has no meaning no feeling nothing ( sad) perhapes its all the videos, special effects in videos or bodies that makes is sell....
i truly admire KS... try to sing a simple song of guru, record it and then listen to your own voice no matter how good you are , but still you will find yourself not good enough, you have to a be very very good singer to sing guru's songs to an accepable level....listen to songs like "hume tumse piar kitna" or " yaadon ki baarat" or "rat kali ek khaab" by KS , then if you have good ears you'll know what i am talking about !
KS lost control, by shwoing alots of attitude to music directors and people around him......
last but not least: i believe KS has an amazing vocal range, listen to the song " mohabat ho na jaaye" from the movie "qusoor" grab an harmonium and check where the song starts from (very low pitch) when he says "dekha jo tumko....." and check when he sings the antra "muhabat ho na jaye deewaana kho na jaaye" very very high pitch, if you dont call this amazing range, then i have no idea what an amazing vocal range is ??

impossible.gif

its just the cycle of life ...
shabbirkumar786

hiya mate,

kumar sanu just has something missing.

id prefer amit kumar any day because...

his been around since 1964 & still sounds too good.

sadly- kumar sanu is simply just not versatile enough to compete.

sorry to be too honest.

Bash.
noorie
QUOTE(shabbirkumar786 @ Oct 15 2006, 07:43 PM) *

hiya,

im a proper genuine music buff & my answer to ur quetion would be a very strong no-

his not the same kumar sanu of 1990 & yes his definitely lost his voice quality.

his pronounciation was never there in the first place & as for versatility he often struggled even in his peak

days. apart from low scale romantic numbers he always seemed uncomfortable.

kumar sanu has lost his audience because the audience of today have moved on to singers with more range

& versatility
eg:

udit narayan, sonu nigam, k.k., kunal gunjawala, shaan etc etc.

kumar sanu to me has always been a weaker, less versatile singer than say an amit kumar whos simply

incredible & completely versatile at any scale!

every kumar sanu track was composed with him & his scale in mind.

unfortunatel kumar sanu has fallen short & his novality has certainly worn off without doubt.

his had his phase.

p.s.

lets not forget had the great kishore kumar not sadly died in october 1987.

there wouldnt have been a kumar sanu in the first place!!!

So, you are saying that KS is just a 'clone' of Kishore da, nothing more.
Bash, you're making a lot of KS fans very unhappy, don't you think? closedeyes.gif

Noorie
shabbirkumar786
if by speaking the truth i upset people then im sorry but the truth will always be the truth!

u just cant ignore facts noorie- can u?

i do like a lot of kumar sanu songs especially the ones where he doesnt copy kishoreda.

kumar sanu is a kishore clone just like sonu nigam is a rafi clone!

the only difference is that sonu nigam is much more talented & versatile!

if kumar sanu was that good he'd be singing today wudnt he?

i once spoke to him in birmingham, england u.k. & he told me that he cud have sang 'JEEVAN SE BHARI

TERI ANNKHEIN from safar' better than kishoreda. (what cheek & arrogance, mind u that was 1996)

still i ll give him credit for all his done!

take care.

BASH.
noorie
QUOTE(shabbirkumar786 @ Sep 23 2007, 07:28 PM) *

if by speaking the truth i upset people then im sorry but the truth will always be the truth!

i do like a lot of kumar sanu songs especially the ones where he doesnt copy kishoreda.

i once spoke to him in birmingham, england u.k. & he told me that he cud have sang 'JEEVAN SE BHARI

TERI ANNKHEIN from safar' better than kishoreda. (what cheek & arrogance, mind u that was 1996)

take care.

BASH.

"The truth will always be the truth" - yes!!!
I like it when you're in a reasonable mood Bash. Let's hope this mood stays with you all the time. closedeyes.gif

Noorie
suhana_safar
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thanks Noorie Sahiba for standing for the KS fan club. I enjoy his songs.
noorie
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Sep 23 2007, 08:46 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Was I? blink.gif Oh my goodness!!!!! bye-bye.gif

Noorie
suhana_safar
QUOTE(noorie @ Sep 23 2007, 08:50 PM) *

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Sep 23 2007, 08:46 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Was I? blink.gif Oh my goodness!!!!! bye-bye.gif

Noorie

laugh.gif hey wait!!!!!
shabbirkumar786

thanx babes! (lol!)

sorry if i said anything wrong!

yes i always try being reasonable noorie!

take care.

BASH.
OMkar
Hi Noorie and Bashbhai... Friends, I have seen Sanu singing in the concerts. By looking at his face, one can easily see the kind of stress he has to pass through while singing. I really do not find any voice quality in his voice at all...

Just for example, hear the song 'Is Tarah Aashqui Ka Asar Chhod Jaunga' from 'Imtihaan'.

Amit Kumar sung the song in such a intense feeling and gave such a special touch to the song that it straight touches your heart and becomes one of your MOST FAV songs. But if u hear Sanu's version, its simply terrible... Sanu just can not be compare with Amit... No waysssss!!!!

JUST MY OPINION THOUGH... rolleyes.gif

iluvsydney
QUOTE(shabbirkumar786 @ Sep 23 2007, 09:58 AM) *

take care.

BASH.

ONE WORD on his claim:

RIDICULOUS
iluvsydney
QUOTE(OMkar @ Sep 26 2007, 08:14 AM) *
Hi Noorie and Bashbhai... Friends, I have seen Sanu singing in the concerts. By looking at his face, one can easily see the kind of stress he has to pass through while singing. I really do not find any voice quality in his voice at all...

Just for example, hear the song 'Is Tarah Aashqui Ka Asar Chhod Jaunga' from 'Imtihaan'.

Amit Kumar sung the song in such a intense feeling and gave such a special touch to the song that it straight touches your heart and becomes one of your MOST FAV songs. But if u hear Sanu's version, its simply terrible... Sanu just can not be compare with Amit... No waysssss!!!!

I SECOND THAT... and that is not just one song... its been proven time and again
OMkar
QUOTE(iluvsydney @ Sep 27 2007, 02:25 AM) *

take care.

BASH.

ONE WORD on his claim:

RIDICULOUS

Oh yeah, if anyone want to hear the BETTER VERSION (Better than SUPERKING OF BOLLYWOOD KISHORE KUMAR) of 'Jeevan Se Bhari' song, he can contact Sanu's agent SANDYMAN as he promotes himself here in this clip... See how poor his Hindi is; cant even speak one line properly and advertise himself for the shows... I also saw one clip where he was saying that he sung for Aashqui movie and since then people started knowing Nadeem Shravan... May be he does not know that Nadeem Shravan are the one who gave him his first HIT break and GURU KISHORE KUMAR also sung for Nadeem Shravan in some movies... I always saw him praising himself... Apne Mooh Se Apni Hi Taarifon Ke Pool Bandhte Hue Maine Kumar Sanu Ko Kaiiii Baar Pakda Hai!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Really How Ridiculous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-AGJ5tgA3U...ted&search=

But thats really just my opinion as the topic suggests rolleyes.gif
akalooji
QUOTE(OMkar @ Sep 27 2007, 03:24 PM) *

take care.

BASH.

ONE WORD on his claim:

RIDICULOUS

Oh yeah, if anyone want to hear the BETTER VERSION (Better than SUPERKING OF BOLLYWOOD KISHORE KUMAR) of 'Jeevan Se Bhari' song, he can contact Sanu's agent SANDYMAN as he promotes himself here in this clip... See how poor his Hindi is; cant even speak one line properly and advertise himself for the shows... I also saw one clip where he was saying that he sung for Aashqui movie and since then people started knowing Nadeem Shravan... May be he does not know that Nadeem Shravan are the one who gave him his first HIT break and GURU KISHORE KUMAR also sung for Nadeem Shravan in some movies... I always saw him praising himself... Apne Mooh Se Apni Hi Taarifon Ke Pool Bandhte Hue Maine Kumar Sanu Ko Kaiiii Baar Pakda Hai!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Really How Ridiculous

Kumar Sanu the guy is a joke ever since he the bollywood scene i never liked him, never thought he had talent nor a singing voice. Im proud to say i hvce over 5000 songs and not a single track of Kumar Sanu, actually thats a lie i do have 3 n that wasnt by choice, In a certain way i glad 2 c the back of him. I give credit where credit is due but him no way. Many people out the wud hate or agree with me on this but he was nothing special and as clone to Kishore Ji what an Insult, the doesnt even come close, im still wondering wot on earth Gulshan Kumar ever saw in him.
vaichatt1
QUOTE(Pradeep @ May 24 2005, 02:31 PM) *

You are absolutely wrong. You should listen to his songs again to get rid of the fairy tale idea.
vaichatt1
QUOTE(OMkar @ Sep 26 2007, 05:44 PM) *

I think you are wrong. You are speaking it from a fathers point of view. All fathers will say that
his son is the best when he is asked to compare his son with others.
vaichatt1
QUOTE(akalooji @ Oct 1 2007, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(OMkar @ Sep 27 2007, 03:24 PM) *

take care.

BASH.

ONE WORD on his claim:

RIDICULOUS

Really How Ridiculous

Kumar Sanu the guy is a joke ever since he the bollywood scene i never liked him, never thought he had talent nor a singing voice. Im proud to say i hvce over 5000 songs and not a single track of Kumar Sanu, actually thats a lie i do have 3 n that wasnt by choice, In a certain way i glad 2 c the back of him. I give credit where credit is due but him no way. Many people out the wud hate or agree with me on this but he was nothing special and as clone to Kishore Ji what an Insult, the doesnt even come close, im still wondering wot on earth Gulshan Kumar ever saw in him.

Because Kumar Sanu is a joke, he was the most famous and popular singer of the 90s. That means
all music directors were idiots to give him so many songs. You mean to say R.D. Burman was insane
to offer those 1942 A Love Story songs to Kumar Sanu.

You do not like Kumar Sanu had do not have any of his songs of those odd 5000 songs is your own
problem. Its your own shortcoming, so why shout nad tell others of your limitations.

Kishore da was himself a clone of Saigal Saab and do you think that was an insult to Saigal Saab? No
way. Kishore da was a gr8 singer so was Saigal Saab. You have gone nuts dude.

You also mean to say Gulshan Kumar had gone crazy to offer Sanu-da Aashiqui and so you mean to say
Gulshan Kumar was a crazy man to launch the T Series company and do business. Gulshan Kumar knew
business better than any other man at that time and what he did was best for his business.

You should change you ideas or get yourself treated by some Psychiatrist.
shabbirkumar786

hi gayatri JI,

u are right KUMAR SANU is a great singer!

i was WRONG & i APOLOGISE!

take care.

BASH.

vaichatt1
QUOTE(shabbirkumar786 @ Nov 3 2007, 03:58 PM) *

hi gayatri JI,

take care.

BASH.

shabbir-bhai

that was for the member called (akalooji) and not you.

thank you.

akalooji
QUOTE(vaichatt1 @ Nov 3 2007, 12:34 PM) *

hi gayatri JI,

take care.

BASH.

shabbir-bhai

thank you.

Famous singer u got to be joking. Where is he now then. And above all i would appreciate if you wouldn't make a personal attack on me by telling me to see a shrink, is that clear.
OMkar
QUOTE(vaichatt1 @ Nov 3 2007, 12:30 PM) *

I think you are wrong. You are speaking it from a fathers point of view. All fathers will say that

Gayatriji, My name is OMkar. And I am very much sure that I am NOT AT ALL a father of Amit Kumar laugh.gif You seem to be a gr8 fan of Sanu, and may be so you are fighting for him; fair enough! But as a good listener, in my opinion there is NO comparison to Amit Kumar....

But again, this is not a place to fight with each other!!! If u have felt offended, I sincerely apologize but I would not change my opinion just because you want me to tongue1.gif laugh.gif

Ok then, KUMAR SANU ZINDABAD!! laugh.gif laugh.gif Hope u are happy now smile.gif
vaichatt1
QUOTE(OMkar @ Nov 3 2007, 08:37 PM) *

Gayatriji, My name is OMkar. And I am very much sure that I am NOT AT ALL a father of Amit Kumar laugh.gif You seem to be a gr8 fan of Sanu, and may be so you are fighting for him; fair enough! But as a good listener, in my opinion there is NO comparison to Amit Kumar....

But again, this is not a place to fight with each other!!! If u have felt offended, I sincerely apologize but I would not change my opinion just because you want me to tongue1.gif laugh.gif

Ok then, KUMAR SANU ZINDABAD!! laugh.gif laugh.gif Hope u are happy now smile.gif

If u say Kumar Sanu Zindabaad, then let me also say Amit Kumar Zindabaad too.

I called u father of Amit Kumar as your profile photo shows Kishore-da in it and you must
also be thinking yourself to be Kishore-da and also try to sing like him, that is why.

Yes I am a very big fan of Kumar Sanu.

I too apologize for what I said but I too will stick to my opinion.

Hope you also smile now.
vaichatt1
QUOTE(akalooji @ Nov 3 2007, 07:45 PM) *

QUOTE(vaichatt1 @ Nov 3 2007, 12:34 PM) *

hi gayatri JI,

take care.

BASH.

shabbir-bhai

thank you.

Famous singer u got to be joking. Where is he now then. And above all i would appreciate if you wouldn't make a personal attack on me by telling me to see a shrink, is that clear.

Yes Kumar Sanu is still a famous singer. Even the Music Directors will say so.
But Sanu has stopped singing due to some personal reasons. But he is still very much in the
industry. I made a personal attack on you as you had made a personal attack on Sanu.
All other singers and all people in the industry still respect him a lot as a gr8 singer.

U think urself to be greater personality than the personalities of Bollywood who loves Sanu and you attacked him personally by calling him a joke but actually he is not that. U said that he does not deserve credit but actually he deserves, any one in the inustry will tell u that. All films were hit during 90s because of his songs.
Sanu was very special in 90s and his demand was more in 90s than even Amitabh Bachchan. Now, after 2000 because of KBC, Bachchan Saab is the more famous. No one can deny that.

I also mentioned he is the most famous singer of 90s. You cannot deny this. If u deny this then let me tell you you never followed the music of Bollywood in 90s. Even SRK used him in all his songs in 90s era. Tell me if I am wrong.

Rest I've answered before.

Thank you for your patient reading.
OMkar
QUOTE(vaichatt1 @ Nov 3 2007, 08:56 PM) *

I called u father of Amit Kumar as your profile photo shows Kishore-da in it and you must
also be thinking yourself to be Kishore-da and also try to sing like him, that is why.

Hope you also smile now.

Oh Gayatriji, you must be joking only!!!

Just because I have put Kishore Kumar snap on my profile does not mean I have become Kishore Kumar... You are sooo funny!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Secondly, I dont try to sing like Kishore Kumar. But learn lot and lot of singing from him and his son as well!!! But anyways, if u feel I sing like Kishore Kumar, thats the gr8est compliment I could ever get in my life!!! Thanks a lot for that!! smile.gif But why dont u post ur comment in the Mehfil thread for other lovely singers as well??? We would highly appreciate ur Critical comments!!

Gayatriji, this is free world! You can stick to any opinion!! I mentioned my opinion because thats the topic of this thread!! rolleyes.gif And I am honest with my opinion smile.gif

And yes, I am definitely smiling and even when you were so much angry on me!! tongue1.gif Chalo, Abhi Gaao 'Om Shanti Om, Shanti Shanti Om'!!!

p.s. By the way, who is the girl in ur profile??? Looks like Madhuri... Is she??? smile.gif
vaichatt1
QUOTE(OMkar @ Nov 4 2007, 12:11 AM) *

QUOTE(vaichatt1 @ Nov 3 2007, 08:56 PM) *

Hope you also smile now.

Oh Gayatriji, you must be joking only!!!

Just because I have put Kishore Kumar snap on my profile does not mean I have become Kishore Kumar... You are sooo funny!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Secondly, I dont try to sing like Kishore Kumar. But learn lot and lot of singing from him and his son as well!!! But anyways, if u feel I sing like Kishore Kumar, thats the gr8est compliment I could ever get in my life!!! Thanks a lot for that!! smile.gif But why dont u post ur comment in the Mehfil thread for other lovely singers as well??? We would highly appreciate ur Critical comments!!

Gayatriji, this is free world! You can stick to any opinion!! I mentioned my opinion because thats the topic of this thread!! rolleyes.gif And I am honest with my opinion smile.gif

And yes, I am definitely smiling and even when you were so much angry on me!! tongue1.gif Chalo, Abhi Gaao 'Om Shanti Om, Shanti Shanti Om'!!!

p.s. By the way, who is the girl in ur profile??? Looks like Madhuri... Is she??? smile.gif

Thanks for inviting me to other threads. Ill go there if I get time.
Yes we have our own opinion but some people resorts to personal attacks on singers they dont like
and also abuses them. This cannot be entertained.
Im also honest with my opinion.

Im not at all angry.

The girl in my profile is Gayatri Joshi, the heroine of film Swades.

bye
shiva_pm
I also agree with some members who are commenting that kumar sanu is clone of kishore da but I think this was the case when he was a new singer in bollywood but after some time he created his own distinct style.so he can be regarded ad best siger but I also think that he is that sort of person who self praises and thinks himself as greatest then other.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.