Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ye Raat Bheegi Bheegi
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
bobby mudgel
ambar kumaar n geeta dutt singing ye raat bheegi bheegi -chori chori--a very rare song
unni
Bobby:

Of course I could be wrong. But it doesn't sound like Geeta-ji.

Anybody else thinks the same. Mahesh-ji? Bappa-da?
maheshks
QUOTE(unni @ May 12 2005, 11:18 PM)
Bobby:

Ha ha ha ha Unnibhai it appears reverse..... read this article on version recordings during old times. The female singer is Geeta Dutt but look who is male singer? Heard the song many times after downloading....listen to the last lines of the song....only there i could pick up the voice of geetaji.

WAVES

given that they are versions. Saigal's were on the Hindustan - New Theatres combined label. Were these the first of their kind? I wouldn’t venture to make such a claim. In the early days of version records some deceit was inevitable. M K Thiagaraja Bhagavathar was unique as a singing star of the Tamil films in the late'30s and early '40s. When he acted in and sang in 'Chintamani' (1937), he was contracted to Odeon records, which was run by A.V.Meiyappa Chettiar. When MKT, as he was popularly known, appeared reluctant to accept the payment they offered, AVM promptly had Carnatic vidwan, Turaiyur Rajagopala Sharma, a member of their own staff, sing a couple of the songs. The labels simply said Songs from 'Chintamani', the similarity in the two voices being an advantage.
The Bombay-based National Gramaphone Manufacturing Company Limited released version recordings sporadically in the '30s and 40s. Producer director Raj Khosla who later became a top producer director and is known as one today, reprised Mukesh's
hits from Majrooh-Naushad's 'Andaz' (1949) viz. 'Jhoom jhoom ke' and 'Ham aaj kaheen' for the company on the Young India label. In the '50s, Gramco was indulging in a practice that could either be termed ignoring the old and promotion of new talent.
Various film songs were being resung by upcoming artistes (so the company thought them to be, but I can't recall a single one making the grade) and were issued on Columbia (or sometimes on the cheaper) Twin label. An example is GE 21033,which features 'Seen men' by Tarun and Supriti and 'Jali jo' by Gouri Kedar (both from 'Tarana', 1951, Anil Biswas/Prem Dhawan, Kaif Irfani). Who bought these records? Possibly those in small towns, where they couldn't tell these voices from those of Lata & Talat.
The company showed scant regard for established singers when it had them sing with tinny, inadequate musical accompaniment. When Geeta Roy Dutt sang 'Gore gore hathon pe' and 'Chalee Radherani' from 'Parineeta' (1953) on Columbia, she was definitely more popular than the upcoming Asha and
Manna Dey, the original singers. In 1956, she was made to sing on the cheaper Twin label 'Panchhi Banoon' and 'Yeh raat bhigi bhigi' (the latter with Bhushan) from the film 'Chori Chori'. Only die-hard fans of the artistes could have bought these records.
Other famous singers too were given the same treatment.
In the early 60s, Gramco started a venture that proved abortive. Called 'Kal ke Sitare', it reaired the songs of the last two decades with orchestra by V. Balsara and uninspired singing by a number of artistes, including Ambar Kumar, Surita, Meena, Rajendra, Shefali Rani, Tarun Kumar, Ratna Sharma, Roshan Kumar, Monica Anand, Inderjeet, Vijaya, Indu, etc. The only one to become a star a decade later, was Rajendra Mehta, the truly cultured amongst the contemporary ghazalkars. The hits from films like 'Punarmilan', 'Jhoola', 'Manmohan', 'Kanya', 'Poonji', 'Khandan', 'Bandhan', 'Jageerdar' did not remain popular because of singers who could not do justice to the originals.

clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif to Bobbyji for uploading the rarest of the rares.
deewani
Thank you very much for such an informative article excerpt. Only in such a great forum would I have learned any of this. bow.gif
Anil4
My initial reaction on listening to this song - if this is Geeta Dutt then I must be Mohammed Rafi. However after reading Mahesh's contribution I am not sure. Having listened to it several times must say it doesnt sound like Geeta Dutt.

I second Johny's comments about the tremendous value of this forum to us geet and sangeet lovers and acknowlege the contributions of people like Unni and Mahesh etc who keep on sharing not only their song collections but more importantly information which so few people have.

Anil
unni
In the past, Bobby has pulled out from his hat several very rare tracks. So I wouldn't question his listing of the singers. Just that it did not sound like Geeta-ji. Maybe it had to do with the age of the track. With the additional input provided by Mahesh, I guess we should be left with no doubt. As Mahesh wrote, it was only in the last part of the song did it sound the voice as we know it.

By the way, did anyone think the male voice bears more similarity to Talat-sahab's than Manna Dey's.

Maybe I'm just going deaf! laugh.gif
bobby mudgel
hi friends---i also ve panchi banoo udti phirun neel gagan by geeta dutt--but now i m thinking about u/ling it--karoon ya na karoon kahin u/l karne se har koi ye na kahe main mohd rafi hoon(kidding) also ve songs of parinita by geeta
mahesh
thanks bobby for this very rare song.
the male singer is ''bhushan'' as mentioned in hfgk.
other version songs sung by geetaji are-
1]-babul[1950]-milte hi aankhein dil hua[with hemant kumar],
2]-parineeta[53]-chali radhe rani,
3]-parineeta[53]-gore gore hathon mein,
4]-chori chori[56]-panchi babun udti phiroon,
and the uploaded song with bhushan.

regards,
mahesh
mahesh
QUOTE(bobby mudgel @ May 13 2005, 08:20 AM)
hi friends---i also ve panchi banoo udti phirun neel gagan by geeta dutt--but now i m thinking about u/ling it--karoon ya na karoon kahin u/l karne se har koi ye na kahe main mohd rafi hoon(kidding) also ve songs of parinita by geeta

bobbybhai,
neki aur poochh poochh,
please upload panchi banoon and parineeta songs.
eagerly waiting for the songs,
thanks a lot,
mahesh
dharmvir

Dear Friends,
Bobby bhai bilkul theek hai. Ye Geeta Dutt Aur Bhushan hain Record No.FT 21008. This record also has Panchi Banoo Udti Phiroon by geeta dutt. But these are version recordings
and is clearly mentioned in Hamraaz's vol.51-60.
The original song was by Manna day and Lata only. Personally I believe in only original recordings but as I have come across these version recordings it must be
Bhushan and Geeta dutt. There seems to be slight differnce in speed of recording and (on slow side) and I think that is the reason that it does not seem geeta dutt.

Thanks

alybaba
QUOTE(dharmvir @ May 13 2005, 08:46 AM)

Dear Friends,
Bobby bhai bilkul theek hai. Ye Geeta Dutt Aur Bhushan hain Record No.FT 21008. This record also has Panchi Banoo Udti Phiroon by geeta dutt. But these are version recordings
The original song was by Manna day and Lata only. Personally I believe in only original recordings but as I have come across these version recordings it must be
Bhushan and Geeta dutt. There seems to be slight differnce in speed of recording and (on slow side) and I think that is the reason that it does not seem geeta dutt.

Thanks

Dharamvir,
Do you have the better recording of this version song?
vikram
Thanks Bobby Bhai Once again..... smile1.gif
Anil4
Arre Bhaiya Bobby upload karo! Kehne wale to kehte hi rahenge. Unhe kaun rokega!

Anil
bchatterjee
QUOTE(dharmvir @ May 13 2005, 09:46 AM)

Dear Friends,

Thanks

Dharamvir ji,
It seems some of the songs you uploaded are from cassettes. Can you walk me through the process. I have some rare songs on cassetttes too.

Thanks-
Bappa

bchatterjee
QUOTE(bobby mudgel @ May 12 2005, 11:46 PM)
ambar kumaar n geeta dutt singing ye raat bheegi bheegi -chori chori--a very rare song

Thanks sooooooomuch Bobby ji.....I never heard this version!!!....You have made my day and weekend!!!
clap1.gif bow.gif
bchatterjee
QUOTE(maheshks @ May 13 2005, 05:18 AM)
QUOTE(unni @ May 12 2005, 11:18 PM)
Bobby:

Ha ha ha ha Unnibhai it appears reverse..... read this article on version recordings during old times. The female singer is Geeta Dutt but look who is male singer? Heard the song many times after downloading....listen to the last lines of the song....only there i could pick up the voice of geetaji.

WAVES

given that they are versions. Saigal's were on the Hindustan - New Theatres combined label. Were these the first of their kind? I wouldn’t venture to make such a claim. In the early days of version records some deceit was inevitable. M K Thiagaraja Bhagavathar was unique as a singing star of the Tamil films in the late'30s and early '40s. When he acted in and sang in 'Chintamani' (1937), he was contracted to Odeon records, which was run by A.V.Meiyappa Chettiar. When MKT, as he was popularly known, appeared reluctant to accept the payment they offered, AVM promptly had Carnatic vidwan, Turaiyur Rajagopala Sharma, a member of their own staff, sing a couple of the songs. The labels simply said Songs from 'Chintamani', the similarity in the two voices being an advantage.
The Bombay-based National Gramaphone Manufacturing Company Limited released version recordings sporadically in the '30s and 40s. Producer director Raj Khosla who later became a top producer director and is known as one today, reprised Mukesh's
hits from Majrooh-Naushad's 'Andaz' (1949) viz. 'Jhoom jhoom ke' and 'Ham aaj kaheen' for the company on the Young India label. In the '50s, Gramco was indulging in a practice that could either be termed ignoring the old and promotion of new talent.
Various film songs were being resung by upcoming artistes (so the company thought them to be, but I can't recall a single one making the grade) and were issued on Columbia (or sometimes on the cheaper) Twin label. An example is GE 21033,which features 'Seen men' by Tarun and Supriti and 'Jali jo' by Gouri Kedar (both from 'Tarana', 1951, Anil Biswas/Prem Dhawan, Kaif Irfani). Who bought these records? Possibly those in small towns, where they couldn't tell these voices from those of Lata & Talat.
The company showed scant regard for established singers when it had them sing with tinny, inadequate musical accompaniment. When Geeta Roy Dutt sang 'Gore gore hathon pe' and 'Chalee Radherani' from 'Parineeta' (1953) on Columbia, she was definitely more popular than the upcoming Asha and
Manna Dey, the original singers. In 1956, she was made to sing on the cheaper Twin label 'Panchhi Banoon' and 'Yeh raat bhigi bhigi' (the latter with Bhishan) from the film 'Chori Chori'. Only die-hard fans of the artistes could have bought these records.
Other famous singers too were given the same treatment.
In the early 60s, Gramco started a venture that proved abortive. Called 'Kal ke Sitare', it reaired the songs of the last two decades with orchestra by V. Balsara and uninspired singing by a number of artistes, including Ambar Kumar, Surita, Meena, Rajendra, Shefali Rani, Tarun Kumar, Ratna Sharma, Roshan Kumar, Monica Anand, Inderjeet, Vijaya, Indu, etc. The only one to become a star a decade later, was Rajendra Mehta, the truly cultured amongst the contemporary ghazalkars. The hits from films like 'Punarmilan', 'Jhoola', 'Manmohan', 'Kanya', 'Poonji', 'Khandan', 'Bandhan', 'Jageerdar' did not remain popular because of singers who could not do justice to the originals.

clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif to Bobbyji for uploading the rarest of the rares.

It does indeed sound like Geeta di...This voice is similar to Unni ji's song...from MIDNIGHT!!

Anyway thanks for these articles also. Please if you see any Geeta Dutt related article post it (FOR MY SAKE at least!!)

I am getting to gether a full fact on Geeta Dutt from different sources. Give me just a few more days....

ALSO DOES ANYBODY HAVE Paanchhi Bani Urte Phiroo...by Geeta di?
Please upload them....

Bappa
maheshks
Bobby bhai...kahan chale gaye camera.gif
maheshks
Does it require any more proof? It is Geeta Dutt and Bhushan. doh.gif

dharmvir
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ May 13 2005, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE(dharmvir @ May 13 2005, 09:46 AM)

Dear Friends,

Thanks

Dharamvir ji,
It seems some of the songs you uploaded are from cassettes. Can you walk me through the process. I have some rare songs on cassetttes too.

Thanks-
Bappa

Dear friends,
I have all my collection in casettes except songs downloaded from Indianscreen.com or hamaraforum.com
Thanks

mohd2004
QUOTE(mahesh @ May 13 2005, 08:29 AM)

regards,
mahesh

Thanks Bobby-ji, for the rare version song. The local FM station here also once mentioned about the Babul song which was originally recorded by Naushad Saheb in the voice of Gitaji and Hemant Kumar and later recorded again in the voice of Talat Mahmood and Shamshad Begum but never found the version song.
Please upload also these 4 version songs.

Thanks in advance,

Mohd.
mahesh
bobbybhai,
we are eagerly waiting for the songs,
mahesh
alybaba
QUOTE(maheshks @ May 14 2005, 06:36 AM)

Maheshks,
Can you please upload the song from this very record as Bobby's version is in poor quality
Ummer
Thanx alot for this rare version!

Ummer.
alybaba
QUOTE(maheshks @ May 14 2005, 06:36 AM)

Maheshks,
Please rip from this record.
Aly
mahesh
QUOTE(mohd2004 @ May 14 2005, 10:30 AM)

regards,
mahesh

Thanks Bobby-ji, for the rare version song. The local FM station here also once mentioned about the Babul song which was originally recorded by Naushad Saheb in the voice of Gitaji and Hemant Kumar and later recorded again in the voice of Talat Mahmood and Shamshad Begum but never found the version song.

Thanks in advance,

Mohd.

hi friends,
geeta dutt never sang the babul song''milte hi ankhen dil hua''.a version of the shamshad-talat duet was sung by hemant kumar along with rama devi.the information given in hfgk is wrong.i had gone to shah music centre today and and saw the record with rama devi's name.
regards,
mahesh
smahesh
nice,informative thread.
mahesh bhai,
thanks for the link.

regards,
s mahesh
smahesh
QUOTE(mahesh @ Jun 11 2005, 09:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mohd2004 @ May 14 2005, 10:30 AM)

regards,
mahesh

Thanks in advance,

Mohd.

hi friends,
geeta dutt never sang the babul song''milte hi ankhen dil hua''.a version of the shamshad-talat duet was sung by hemant kumar along with rama devi.the information given in hfgk is wrong.i had gone to shah music centre today and and saw the record with rama devi's name.
regards,
mahesh

mohd bhai,
hemant kumar-rama devi version of ''milte hi aankhein dil hua'' is uploaded at the following link along with other hemant kumar version songs-
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=51171

regards,
s mahesh

yob
next--film version----mujhko tum mil gaye--detective---hemant-geeta--4.31min---160kbp
parag_sankla
QUOTE(yob @ Jun 9 2008, 10:31 AM) *

next--film version----mujhko tum mil gaye--detective---hemant-geeta--4.31min---160kbp

Bobby bhai, thank you for this film version of Mujhko tum joh mile.

Best Regards
Parag
yob
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=...447&st=1455

video--koi keh de re--pawan putra hanuman---geeta---md-chitra gupta--at above link.
yob
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...pid=522709&
a very rare video from---abhiman 1957--md--ani l bisbas---main hoon ghar ki rani--geeta dutt
dur--6.55min-----record version is just 3 min long.
parag_sankla
QUOTE(yob @ Aug 20 2008, 10:44 AM) *

a very rare video from---abhiman 1957--md--ani l bisbas---main hoon ghar ki rani--geeta dutt

Bobby bhai, thank you so much for this video. The video is 6.55 min long, but it seems that in the video the song plays twice one after another. Please check your file.

Any idea on who is the actress on whom the song is picturized ?

Thanks a lots

Best Regards
Parag
yob
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Aug 20 2008, 11:40 PM) *

QUOTE(yob @ Aug 20 2008, 10:44 AM) *

Bobby bhai, thank you so much for this video. The video is 6.55 min long, but it seems that in the video the song plays twice one after another. Please check your file.

Any idea on who is the actress on whom the song is picturized ?

Thanks a lots

Best Regards
Parag

video par aisa hi hai paraag bhai-----actress shayad chand usmani hai????? rolleyes.gif
yob
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...pid=524996&
vinyl rip of few geeta,s song from bhojpuri film bidesiya at above link
yob
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...pid=532634&

full song vdo--dil hai tera diwana--zimbo comes to town 1960 at above link
parag_sankla
Bobby bhai, thanks a lot for posting these videos. Can you please change the title of your first post ? It will be great if you can make it suitable to your recent posts.

TIA

Regards
Parag
vdsachin
QUOTE(bobby mudgel @ May 12 2005, 10:46 PM) *

Bobby Ji - could you please re-upload the Geet Dutt's version songs please...

Thank you smile.gif
parag_sankla
Sachin, here is the song uploaded for you, original audio courtesy Bobby ji

http://rapidshare.com/files/147323666/Arti...a_dutt.rar.html

Cheers
Parag
vdsachin
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Sep 22 2008, 10:22 AM) *

Sachin, here is the song uploaded for you, original audio courtesy Bobby ji

http://rapidshare.com/files/147323666/Arti...a_dutt.rar.html

Cheers
Parag

Parag Ji - I can bet on you blindfoldedly for Geeta Dutt's song smile.gif

Thank You...
parag_sankla
Sachin, thanks for your kind words. I am just a mere re-uploader, the real efforts are from the original uploaders.

Its great to know that you are enjoying so many lesser heard songs of Geeta ji

Cheers
Parag

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.