Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Hamlet (1954)

Kishore Sahu was born in a well-to-do family. He graduated with a degree in literature but was fond of writing short stories. He published many of these. His interests in Shakespearean plays and stage led him to land in a role as the leading man opposite Devika Rani in 1937 in “Jeevan Prabhat”. Soon after this debut he formed his own production company and started making films. His sons and daughter also had brief but unsuccessful stints as actors.

He usually wrote stories for his own films. He wrote screenplays, sometimes dialogues, and many times appeared in prominent roles in them. His early work was mostly influenced by Western films. This film “Hamlet”, the first of two movies he was in 1954, the other was “Mayur Pankh”, he played the title role. The movie was based on the famous Shakespearean tragedy. In addition to being the hero of the film, he wrote its screenplay, produced and directed it. The movie itself followed faithfully the play almost one Act to the next. Even the dialogues had strong resemblances to those in the English play.

Sahu was simply brilliant in the title role. He powerfully brought out the troubled and tormented soul of Hamlet who was slowly going mad with consummate command. The movie with many extended scenes of monologues was a bold experiment on his part. I am not sure how well the critics received it. The movie itself did not do well financially.

The movie had only few songs. The chief music director was Ramesh Naidu. Jagmohan Bakshi was the co-music director. Naidu (his picture attached) was born in Andhra Pradesh. At a very young age he ran away from home to Bombay to pursue interest in music. There while working for H.M.V.’s music instruments shop he developed skills to become proficient in several instruments. During this time he met B.R. Chopra. This eventually led him to land as the music director for a Marathi film “Bandval Pahija” in 1947. He was only 14 years at that time. After this he composed music for some Telugu films but later moved to Calcutta. He married a Bengali woman and worked there for many years composing music for films in Bengali, Nepali, and Oriya. In 1972, he made his final move to settle down in Andhra Pradesh. Subsequently he gave music to several Telugu films. His 1983 film “Megha Sandesham” won the National Film Award for Best Music.

Except for one song this is an Asha album. I am also including couple of couplets. For some reason the words in these two couplets were not completely clear to me, especially in the couplet “Main Toh Ek”. I am also including a monologue by Kishore Sahu. This one is an often quoted sentence from Shakespearean plays, “To Be Or Not To Be”. Here are these and other songs from this album…
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Jamai Raja (1990)

This is one of those less inspired music compositions from the usually dependable LP, the music director duo. Akhtar Saab, who seems to write inspired lyrics time and again, came up with very disappointing poetry. It probably has much to do with the razor thin story based on an awful premise that wasted talents of so many people involved with the project.

Here are the songs…
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Kar Bhala (1956)

This is another movie which the comedian-actor Bhagwan Dada produced and directed. I have only three songs from this album. There are at least five missing songs. These are listed in red italics in the table below. If you can, please kindly share these songs with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the three songs I have...
Viraj Padhye
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 29 2013, 12:48 PM) *

(Rajinder Krishan) Dhuaan (1953)

I am uploading most of the songs from this album below. It appears like I may be missing at least two. These are shown in red italics in the table below. If you can please kindly share these with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the songs I have...

Both the Krishna Goyal songs are one and the same. Atlib starts with SYAHI BAKHTI....

Viraj
Abdur Rehman
One missing song albeit at a lower bit rate
swarapriya
QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Oct 12 2013, 03:39 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 29 2013, 12:48 PM) *

(Rajinder Krishan) Dhuaan (1953)

I am uploading most of the songs from this album below. It appears like I may be missing at least two. These are shown in red italics in the table below. If you can please kindly share these with rest of us. Thank you.

Both the Krishna Goyal songs are one and the same. Atlib starts with SYAHI BAKHTI....

Viraj

Thanks for the info Viraj. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Oct 12 2013, 09:42 PM) *

One missing song albeit at a lower bit rate

Thank you very much Seshadri for the song. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Jhanjhar (1953)

I am uploading all songs from this album except for two below. The two missing songs are shown in red italics in the table. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thank you.

Here are the songs from this album...
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 13 2013, 01:42 PM) *

I am uploading all songs from this album except for two below. The two missing songs are shown in red italics in the table. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thank you.

here is one song from Jhanjhar
taiyab
jhanjhar-53-lalita deolkar-duniya ke dukh hare hain-3.09 mins-128 b
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Oct 13 2013, 06:54 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 13 2013, 01:42 PM) *

here is one song from Jhanjhar
taiyab
jhanjhar-53-lalita deolkar-duniya ke dukh hare hain-3.09 mins-128 b

Thank you very much Dear Taiyab for the song. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Munimji (1955)

This movie was the maiden directorial venture of Subodh (Kumar) Mukherjee (later of “Junglee” and other popular films), brother of S. Mukherjee (Shashidhar), a co-owner of the Filmistan Studios. Subodh only wanted to produce this film but reluctantly ended up taking directorial duties. Filmistan ended up producing the movie. Nasir Hussain, a future famous producer and director himself who churned out several successful musicals to his credit, co-wrote the screenplay with the director. Hussain also co-wrote the dialogues with Qamar Jalalabadi, who was a renowned lyricist himself but didn't write any songs for this movie. In spite of hodgypodginess of the storyline, the movie became a huge hit thanks mainly to fine portrayals of the principals and its chartbusting music by Burmanda.

Dev's portrayal in the movie was full of light-hearted fun and he walks through his role in gay abandonment. He was nominated in the Best Actor Filmfare Award category but lost to Dilip Kumar (for “Azaad”). Nirupa Roy who played Dev's mother won the Best Supporting Actress Filmfare Award.

When I watched the movie recently, what I remember most was its evergreen and youthfully exuberant music by Burmanda. It is a tribute to Burmanda's genius that even after 58 years the songs have the melody and sweetness that are endearingly appealing and satisfying. The song “Jeevan Ke Safar” by Kishoreda became a runaway hit and still when you hear this it is simply invigorating. Another popular song was the triplet by Geetaji, Hemantda, and Thakur (supposedly great actor Pran himself), “Dil Ki Umangen”. It is an unforgettable song that is absolute fun to listen to with both Geetaji and Hemantda at their teasing pleasing best. But the story doesn’t end there. Lataji sang six solos, one better than the other. This album stands tall as one of the great musical achievements of Burmanda. He was not nominated for any awards for his glorious achievement. However, that year’s Music Director Award went to Hemantda, for his great music of “Nagin”.

Music director Madan Mohanji has a small supporting role in the film as the brother of the heroine. Also, if one watches the song “Zindagi Hai Zinda” closely, they can spot Simi Garewal, who later shared lead in few films, as one of the dancers in the group.

I am uploading songs from this album in three back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain all songs and a couple of specials. The third post contains several instrumentals of the song “Jeevan Ke SafarMein”.

Here are the songs
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Munimji (1955)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...
swarapriya
Various Instrumentals of the Song "Jeevan Ke Safar" from "Munimji (1955)"...

Enormous popularity enjoyed by the song "Jeevan Ke Safar" encouraged many aspiring and established musicians play its tune on their favourite instruments. Here are some of these...
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Shabab (1954)

I had so many expectations when I sat down to watch this movie. I was already smitten by Naushad Saab’s great music he gave for this film and was hoping for a real treat with Nutan in the lead. While both Naushadji and Nutan were great, the movie was not. It is a tribute to Naushadji that he kept churning out a classic after classic even though one might think that he attained his peak with “Baiju Bawra (1952)”. True, music like that composed for “Baiju” happens once in a century. But music for this film is also marvelously magnificent. Each and every song is an utter delight. Naushadji deserved more accolades, more awards, more of everything that was ever good.

Nutan looked very skinny but gleefully radiant as a woman infatuated and consumed with love and passion. Unfortunately, the leading man Bharat Bhushan continued to be completely wooden and void of expression. The only movie he looked good was “Baiju Bawra”. After that in series of movies he was in, he just about carried the same single expression which is really no expression.

Badayuni Saab has provided some fabulous lyrics that were turned into super songs by Naushadji. There are so many great songs in this film. These include “Chandan Ka Palna”, two versions of “Jogan”, Manna Dey’s “Bhagat Ke”, Ustad Amir Khan’s “Daya Kar”, Rafi Saab’s “Aaye Na”, and the list goes on and on…

I am uploading these and other beautiful songs from this album in three back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Continuing Songs from "Shabab (1954)"...

Here are more songs from this enduring musical album...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Shabab (1954)"...

Here are rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Zarak Khan (1963)

I have only three songs from this film. There are at least three more, shown in red italics in the table below, that are missing. I am requesting members to share these if they can including any other missing ones with rest of us. Thank you.

taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 16 2013, 09:21 PM) *

I have only three songs from this film. There are at least three more, shown in red italics in the table below, that are missing. I am requesting members to share these if they can including any other missing ones with rest of us. Thank you.

one requested song from ZARAK KHAN
zarak khan-63-sham ki tanhaiyan hain-asha-s mohinder-anand bakshi-3.23 mins-192 br
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Oct 16 2013, 09:38 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 16 2013, 09:21 PM) *

one requested song from ZARAK KHAN
zarak khan-63-sham ki tanhaiyan hain-asha-s mohinder-anand bakshi-3.23 mins-192 br
taiyab

Thank you very much Taiyab for the song. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Hasrat) Mayur Pankh (1954)

Songs from this thread were uploaded recently in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=474

swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Jeevan Ek Sangharsh (1990)

This film’s music and lyrics are slightly better than LP & Akhtar Saab’s previous collaboration for the movie “Jamai Raja” also released in 1990. In this film the title song is really good. This song appears piecemeal five times throughout the movie. Four of these are in the first part of the song I am uploading here. The fifth part is in the second part. The CD version has two versions. But the second version that lasts little over 3 minutes is the same as the first 3 minutes of the first part. I did not see any need to upload that song.

On a different note, the song “Husn Ka Malika Main” borrows heavily from Burmanda’s hit song by Asha and Kishoreda, “Main Sitaaron Ka Taraana” from “Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958)”. In the “Gaadi” Kishore’s version sings “De Deo Mere Paanch Rupaiyya Baarah Aana…”. In this film Amit’s version sings “De De Mujhe Tu Bees Rupaiyya”.

Here is this and other songs from this album…
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 14 2013, 09:19 PM) *

This movie was the maiden directorial venture of Subodh (Kumar) Mukherjee (later of “Junglee” and other popular films), brother of S. Mukherjee (Shashidhar), a co-owner of the Filmistan Studios. Subodh only wanted to produce this film but reluctantly ended up taking directorial duties. Filmistan ended up producing the movie. Nasir Hussain, a future famous producer and director himself who churned out several successful musicals to his credit, co-wrote the screenplay with the director. Hussain also co-wrote the dialogues with Qamar Jalalabadi, who was a renowned lyricist himself but didn't write any songs for this movie. In spite of hodgypodginess of the storyline, the movie became a huge hit thanks mainly to fine portrayals of the principals and its chartbusting music by Burmanda.

Dev's portrayal in the movie was full of light-hearted fun and he walks through his role in gay abandonment. He was nominated in the Best Actor Filmfare Award category but lost to Dilip Kumar (for “Azaad”). Nirupa Roy who played Dev's mother won the Best Supporting Actress Filmfare Award.

When I watched the movie recently, what I remember most was its evergreen and youthfully exuberant music by Burmanda. It is a tribute to Burmanda's genius that even after 58 years the songs have the melody and sweetness that are endearingly appealing and satisfying. The song “Jeevan Ke Safar” by Kishoreda became a runaway hit and still when you hear this it is simply invigorating. Another popular song was the triplet by Geetaji, Hemantda, and Thakur (supposedly great actor Pran himself), “Dil Ki Umangen”. It is an unforgettable song that is absolute fun to listen to with both Geetaji and Hemantda at their teasing pleasing best. But the story doesn’t end there. Lataji sang six solos, one better than the other. This album stands tall as one of the great musical achievements of Burmanda. He was not nominated for any awards for his glorious achievement. However, that year’s Music Director Award went to Hemantda, for his great music of “Nagin”.

Music director Madan Mohanji has a small supporting role in the film as the brother of the heroine. Also, if one watches the song “Zindagi Hai Zinda” closely, they can spot Simi Garewal, who later shared lead in few films, as one of the dancers in the group.

I am uploading songs from this album in three back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain all songs and a couple of specials. The third post contains several instrumentals of the song “Jeevan Ke SafarMein”.

Here are the songs

dear swarapriya
the song SHIVJI BIHAANE CHALE is penned by SHAILAINDRA NOT SAHIR JI as per HFGK
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Oct 18 2013, 10:15 AM) *

dear swarapriya
the song SHIVJI BIHAANE CHALE is penned by SHAILAINDRA NOT SAHIR JI as per HFGK
taiyab

Thanks for the correction My Dear Taiyab. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Mr. Lambu (1956)

Besides this album, O.P. Nayyar composed music for two other movies of Sheikh Mukhtar, “Do Ustad (1959)” and “Mangu (1954)”. With OP at the helm one can expect lots of Asha and during early to mid-50’s some of Geetaji. This album has their fair share of numbers. But besides them, there is Suraiya.

Not only Suraiya was the leading lady of the film but she had two beautiful solos and a duet with Rafi Saab. Both of her solos are simply superb. Suraiya, along with Noor Jehan, was a popular singing actress during late 40’s and early 50’s.

This was the only film OP worked with Suraiya. Especially the song “Soyee Hai Kahaan Jaa Kar” merits special mention. It shows that OP can bring out the best working with other talents besides Asha or Geeta. This song is an absolute beauty with a train of pangs of pathos running through it. It was a great composition to touching lyrics. It has unparalleled rendering in the mesmerizing voice of Suraiya. The experience of listening to the song leaves one with such an indelible impression that it keeps lingering even after a long time like the scent of a fresh flower…

Here is this and other songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Ladki (1953)

M.V. Raman, who earlier introduced Vyjayanti Mala for Hindi audience in “Bahar (1951)”, is back again for the same concern AVM. He also has Kishoreda who was also in “Bahar”. I saw this movie recently and was pretty disappointed. It is very dated and some of the characters are simply revolting. Even the makeup was done sloppily (Randhir for example). This movie was very very difficult to watch.

As in the case with “Bahar”, Vyjayanti Mala dominates the proceedings in this film also. Her other costar is Anjali Devi, a popular star from the Telugu film industry. Anjali Devi produced and starred in the 1958 folklore film “Suvarna Sundari” that has fabulous award winning music by her husband Adi Narayana Rao.

There are tons of songs in the film. Lataji sang all the songs for Vyjayanti Mala. Geetaji sang for Anjali Devi. Screen credits list Sudarshanam & Dhaniram (encrypted as SD in the “Music” column in the table below) as the music directors. But I found various references that credit C. Ramchandra (encrypted as CR) as another composer of some other songs. I am hoping someone from our Forum can verify this.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Ladki (1953)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film except for the one missing, shown in red italics in the table below. If you can, I am requesting members to share this song with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the songs in this post...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Seema (1955)

Amiya Chakrabarty was a brilliant director who made several memorable films. He was a political activist and was imprisoned by the British Government. He left Bengal for Mumbai and got start as a writer for the film “Bandhan (1940)”. He made his debut as a director the very next year in1941 with the film “Anjaan”. This starred Devika Rani and Ashok Kumar and was an average success. In 1944 he directed the film “Jwar Bhata” that introduced Dilip Kumar. Some of the movies in which he made his mark were “Daag (1952)”, “Patita (1953)”, Seema (1955)”, “Kath Putli (1957)”, and “Dekh Kabira Roya (1957)”. He died at the height of his fame in 1957, only few days after “Kabira” was released, at the young age of 44.

Chakrabarty not only wrote the story and screenplay for “Seema” but also produced and directed it. The story of the film bagged the Best Story Award for him from Filmfare.

The movie belonged to Nutan. She had a very strong role and gave a brilliant performance. She goes through various stages of innocence, disgust, outrage, frenzied lunacy and devotional love with stunning consummate artistry seldom seen on an Indian screen. For her brilliant performance she bagged the Filmfare Best Actress Award. This was the first of many awards that she will earn in her career in her future.

Shubha Khote, who comes from a stage and film lineage (Durga Khote, for example, is her aunt), was introduced in this film. A graduate in English literature she was a noted athlete during her college days. She was a champion bicyclist in the state. The director made use of this talent of hers by introducing a bicycle chase scene that lasts nearly three minutes in the film.

The movie was a critical as well as financial success. Shankar & Jaikishan’s music played a big part in this. Every song of the film became a huge hit. Mannada has one the most memorable songs of his career in this film, “Tu Pyaar Ka Saagar Hai”. The song appears twice in the film, the second time only partially. But it does not have any new wordings, it simply is a repeat.

I am uploading this and other fine songs from this album plus several instrumentals in back-to-back three posts. The first two posts contain the songs from the film. The third post contains instrumentals.

Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Seema (1955)"...

Here are rest of the songs from this fine musical including a couple of specials...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of "Tu Pyaar Ka Saagar Hai" from "Seema (1955)"...

The song "Tu Pyaar Ka Saaga Hai" from "Seema" became immensely popular. This led many instrumentalists to compose it on their respective favourite instrument. Here are some of these...
hemdutt
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 21 2013, 08:30 PM) *

Amiya Chakrabarty was a brilliant director who made several memorable films. He was a political activist and was imprisoned by the British Government. He left Bengal for Mumbai and got start as a writer for the film "Bandhan (1940)". He made his debut as a director the very next year in1941 with the film "Anjaan". This starred Devika Rani and Ashok Kumar and was an average success. In 1944 he directed the film "Jwar Bhata" that introduced Dilip Kumar. Some of the movies in which he made his mark were "Daag (1952)", "Patita (1953)", Seema (1955)", "Kath Putli (1957)", and "Dekh Kabira Roya (1957)". He died at the height of his fame in 1957, only few days after "Kabira" was released, at the young age of 44.

Chakrabarty not only wrote the story and screenplay for "Seema" but also produced and directed it. The story of the film bagged the Best Story Award for him from Filmfare.

The movie belonged to Nutan. She had a very strong role and gave a brilliant performance. She goes through various stages of innocence, disgust, outrage, frenzied lunacy and devotional love with stunning consummate artistry seldom seen on an Indian screen. For her brilliant performance she bagged the Filmfare Best Actress Award. This was the first of many awards that she will earn in her career in her future.

Shubha Khote, who comes from a stage and film lineage (Durga Khote, for example, is her aunt), was introduced in this film. A graduate in English literature she was a noted athlete during her college days. She was a champion bicyclist in the state. The director made use of this talent of hers by introducing a bicycle chase scene that lasts nearly three minutes in the film.

The movie was a critical as well as financial success. Shankar & Jaikishan's music played a big part in this. Every song of the film became a huge hit. Mannada has one the most memorable songs of his career in this film, "Tu Pyaar Ka Saagar Hai". The song appears twice in the film, the second time only partially. But it does not have any new wordings, it simply is a repeat.

I am uploading this and other fine songs from this album plus several instrumentals in back-to-back three posts. The first two posts contain the songs from the film. The third post contains instrumentals.

Here is the first set of songs…

Dear Swarapriya ji

Excellent post & brilliant songs.

Thanks for these lovely songs.
swarapriya
QUOTE(hemdutt @ Oct 21 2013, 08:36 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya ji

Excellent post & brilliant songs.

Thanks for these lovely songs.

You're very welcome My Dear Hemji. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Shakeel) Kundan (1955)

Victor Hugo’s French novel, published in 1862, has been the basis of many films in several languages throughout the world. The story revolves around the life and travails of a man who was found guilty of stealing a loaf of bread and was convicted for several years in jail. The story continues after his release from the jail through many years till his eventual experience of redemption. This story was the basis of Sohrab Modi’s “Kundan”.

Modi produced, directed, and acted in the title role. Unfortunately the story as it is unfolded in “Kundan” revolves around so many bad people and negativity that out of such hopelessness one starts losing faith in humanity. Between this tale of gloom and doom some comedy was inserted with Om Prakash leading it. However, even this does not serve much to the grimness of the subject.

Sunil Dutt had an important role as a freedom fighter. Earlier this very same year, Dutt was introduced in the movie “Railway Platform”. He had a limited role with Modi and Nimmi occupying most of the screen time.

Ghulam Mohammad provided some nice compositions such as Maana Dey’s “Na Kar Paap” and Lata’s “Jahaan Waale”, and others. Here are these and other songs from this film…
talhari
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 21 2013, 09:05 PM) *

The song "Tu Pyaar Ka Saaga Hai" from "Seema" became immensely popular. This led many instrumentalists to compose it on their respective favourite instrument. Here are some of these...

Great sharing, here is small contribution from me.

Tu Pyar Ka Sagar Hay - Violin

Duration 4.29
bit rate 128 kbps
Film Seema
swarapriya
QUOTE(talhari @ Oct 22 2013, 06:26 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 21 2013, 09:05 PM) *

Great sharing, here is small contribution from me.

Tu Pyar Ka Sagar Hay - Violin

Duration 4.29
bit rate 128 kbps
Film Seema

Thank you kindly for the instrumental Talhari. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Awara Badal (1964)

swarapriya
(Hasrat) Pilpli Saheb (1954)

I have uploaded these songs earlier in this very thread. I will be happy to reload them if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
S
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 24 2013, 01:39 PM) *

(Hasrat) Pilpli Saheb (1954)

I have uploaded these songs earlier in this very thread. I will be happy to reload them if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
S

DEAR SWARAPRIYA
please upload all songs from film TEESRI MAZIL & DO BADAN IF VINYL RIP
thanks
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Oct 24 2013, 09:07 PM) *

DEAR SWARAPRIYA
please upload all songs from film TEESRI MAZIL & DO BADAN IF VINYL RIP
thanks
taiyab

My Dear Taiyab,

I have songs from both CDs and DVDs. Unfortunately not in vinyl. Sorry about that. May be someone else can come forward to help.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Sailaab (1990)

For this film, the songs music was composed by Bappida whereas the background music was by Aadesh Shrivastava. A couple of songs are really nice in this album. The standout song of the album is “Mujh Ko Yeh Zindagi”. It has great lyrics written by Akhtar Saab. It has lovely composition by Lahiriji. It was beautifully song by Asha and Amit. The song actually has four parts. The CD version combines all these parts into one. However, the DVD version has some extra music associated with each portion. I am uploading both the single CD version and the four parts from a DVD.

On the side, Bappida uses the music from LP’s hit song “Ek Do Teen” from “Tejaab (1988)” in Madhuri’s dance song “Uljhi Hai”. Bappi Saab may have done this deliberately as that song was still fresh in many moviegoers’ mind. I am uploading this and other fine songs from this album including a couple of music clips in three back-to-back posts.
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Sailaab (1990)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...
swarapriya
A Few Music Clips from "Sailaab (1990)"...

Here are some of the music clips from this album...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)

This album consists of 15 songs. I am uploading 13 of them here. Two missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these songs if they can. Thank you.

Unfortunately some of the songs I am uploading here are of only fair quality. Most of this problem stems from hissing noise. I tried to eliminate as much as possible but still the noise remains.

I am not sure about singer assignments of two of the songs. In the song “Sone Ka Laddu” is it Asha or is it Meena Kapoor? Also in the song “Taqdeer Ki Chidiya” is there a third singer? If so, is it Sudha Malhotra? If it is Malhotra, this will be a rarity. The only other song she sang with Kishoreda was the smashing beauty “Aaj Mujhe Kuchh Kehna Hai” in the 1960 film “Girl Friend”. I am requesting our members to help clarify the correctness of the singer assignments for the two songs mentioned. Thank you kindly again.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...
ramanr
Dear Swarapriya

Thanks for the uploads.

As far as I can tell, "Le Lo Pyar Ka Laddu" is part of "Le Lo Sone Ka Laddu". Can this be confirmed

Thanks
Raman
swarapriya
QUOTE(ramanr @ Oct 26 2013, 06:17 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya

Thanks for the uploads.

As far as I can tell, "Le Lo Pyar Ka Laddu" is part of "Le Lo Sone Ka Laddu". Can this be confirmed

Thanks
Raman

My Dear Raman,

Strictly speaking you are correct. The "Sone Ka" starting at 4:00 minute mark somewhat parallels "Pyaar Ka". In "Sone" there is cross-talk by some of the characters. In "Pyaar" there is no interference as there is no cross-talk. Also, "Pyaar" is 35 seconds longer. May be I should have marked them as part 1 and part 2 of the same song. That thought occurred to me while preparing these songs but somehow made a decision to upload them as separate.

I will leave things as they are taking your comment at heart.

Thanks & cheers,
S

swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Lehren (1953)

I am uploading some of the songs from this album below. Most of these were contributed by one of our Forum members, late Erum Hashmi. Thank you Erum. May your soul rest in peace.

It seems like that at least four songs listed in red italics in the table below are missing. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thank you.

Please note that the quality of some of these songs is very poor.

ramanr
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 26 2013, 11:30 PM) *

QUOTE(ramanr @ Oct 26 2013, 06:17 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya

Thanks for the uploads.

Thanks
Raman

My Dear Raman,

Strictly speaking you are correct. The "Sone Ka" starting at 4:00 minute mark somewhat parallels "Pyaar Ka". In "Sone" there is cross-talk by some of the characters. In "Pyaar" there is no interference as there is no cross-talk. Also, "Pyaar" is 35 seconds longer. May be I should have marked them as part 1 and part 2 of the same song. That thought occurred to me while preparing these songs but somehow made a decision to upload them as separate.

I will leave things as they are taking your comment at heart.

Thanks & cheers,
S

Thanks for the clarification. I will modify my list to reflect this reality, of 2 different songs.

taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 27 2013, 01:44 PM) *

I am uploading some of the songs from this album below. Most of these were contributed by one of our Forum members, late Erum Hashmi. Thank you Erum. May your soul rest in peace.

It seems like that at least four songs listed in red italics in the table below are missing. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thank you.

one song from my list
53-lehrain-mere raja ke nainon-shamshad begum & hemant kumar-c ramchandra-rajaindra krishan-192 br-3,28 mins.
taiyab
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 26 2013, 01:44 PM) *

(Majrooh) Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)

This album consists of 15 songs. I am uploading 13 of them here. Two missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these songs if they can. Thank you.

Unfortunately some of the songs I am uploading here are of only fair quality. Most of this problem stems from hissing noise. I tried to eliminate as much as possible but still the noise remains.

I am not sure about singer assignments of two of the songs. In the song “Sone Ka Laddu” is it Asha or is it Meena Kapoor? Also in the song “Taqdeer Ki Chidiya” is there a third singer? If so, is it Sudha Malhotra? If it is Malhotra, this will be a rarity. The only other song she sang with Kishoreda was the smashing beauty “Aaj Mujhe Kuchh Kehna Hai” in the 1960 film “Girl Friend”. I am requesting our members to help clarify the correctness of the singer assignments for the two songs mentioned. Thank you kindly again.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…

according to HFGK the song TAQDEER KI CHIDIYA is sung by MEENA KAPOOR (PROBABLY)
The song SONE KA LADDU is having 2 parts, 1 st part is sung by LATAJI & ASHAJI & KISHOREJI
2nd part is sung by RAFI SAHAB & KISHOREJI (as per HFGK)
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Oct 27 2013, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 27 2013, 01:44 PM) *

one song from my list
53-lehrain-mere raja ke nainon-shamshad begum & hemant kumar-c ramchandra-rajaindra krishan-192 br-3,28 mins.
taiyab

Thank you very much for the song, Taiyab. Cheers. -S

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.