Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's The Title Track Of Bharat-ek Khoj!!!!
Hamara Forums > TV Series > Oldies-Goldies
gkshyam
Hey forum members.........Here's the title track of the famous Doordarshan Serial "Bharat-Ek Khoj". The series was based on the Discovery Of India, directed by Shyam Benegal, and the title track was done by famous composer Vanraj Bhatia. The track was a mixture of Sanskrit Slokas from (Rigveda, I presume), and their translations in Hindi. A Very differently done track, very high on 'experimentation' for 'those' times.....and a sure 'HIT' during those DD times.....ENJOY!!!!!! and plsssss do reply!!!!!!
hits
QUOTE(gkshyam @ Apr 12 2005, 10:09 AM)
Hey forum members.........Here's the title track of the famous Doordarshan Serial "Bharat-Ek Khoj". The series was based on the Discovery Of India, directed by Shyam Benegal, and the title track was done by famous composer Vanraj Bhatia. The track was a mixture of Sanskrit Slokas from (Rigveda, I presume), and their translations in Hindi. A Very differently done track, very high on 'experimentation' for 'those' times.....and a sure 'HIT' during those DD times.....ENJOY!!!!!! and plsssss do reply!!!!!!

This is a very rich upload. These shlokas capture the essense of "Bharatiyata"....timeless, all-encompassing and sublime. It is never easy to script from the Vedas. But this piece, I must say, does great justice to the effort.
gkshyam
Very True 'Hitz'.....really fitting tribute....great effort by the composer......Reflects vey well on our cultural heritage....
pozydhar
Great - one of the best serials ever on indian television. I wonder why they don't have any GOOD shows in India now, most of it is wannabe bullcrap.
gkshyam
Hey Pozydhar!!!!! nice to get a reply from u man.......Btw......u r the same guy......from IIT...??? Played guitars???? I've seen ur videos...r u the same guy??? wink2.gif
oye_sonu
Shyam ji

i liked this serial and this song very much...

i coudnt dload this song

is this song like this

" shristi se pehle kuch nehi tha... asatya bhi nehi Akash bhi nehi.....
some thing...something..??? unsure.gif

I was a kid at that time and used to get frightned whenver this song used to come !1 ohmy.gif

i liked the way mahabhrata and ramayana was showed, without any glamour but with more ancient costumes and sets

i think shaym bnegal was the director?/

music was by VANraj bhaita???????/ unsure.gif

plz correct me if wronfg

Thnx

sonu
gkshyam
Yes Sonu, that's the same song/serial you're talking about. You were Absolutely Spot-On with the lyrics and other info on the track.....that too from childhood memories??? That's really great!!! smile1.gif thumbs-up.gif Yes, the director of the series (on Doordarshan) was none other than Shyam Benegal, and the music was very much by Vanraj Bhatia. smile1.gif thumbs-up.gif

The reason I think why you aren't able to download the song/file is that you aren't a "TRUSTED" member yet,on Hamara Forums (There's a RULE at Hamaraforums, which requires a member to reach the "TRUSTED" members category first, to be allowed to download files from the forum...You may check out the Relevant thread at "CHIT-O-CHAT" forum for more info on this.)

By the way, If you need the song, I can always mail it to you. (Even PM won't work on Hamara Forums, due to the same rule......Hence, as of now, E-Mail remains the only option for you for getting the files you need, Atleast till you get into the "Trusted" category wink2.gif) So, let me know if you need the track, and I will be most happy to email the same to you. (By the way, don't forget to mention your email id for that tongue.gif laugh.gif )
oye_sonu
ohh
ohmy.gif

shyam ji By gaad i ddint saw the same info given by you in the first post..

i just looked for the Attachement and on not finding it just Pressed the REply button to verify the facts.... tongue.gif tongue.gif

Can you telll me the year of the telecast.....i think its ard 1989-92???? ohmy.gif

coz this serial was telecast twice . second time during the 50 years of indend !! ie may be during 1997-98 unsure.gif

though iam again not sure abt it.........

in case it was teltecast ard 1989 i was in 7th class or may be 6th..

but i liked this serial coz it showed all phases of india and in a more PRACTICAL way !
unsure.gif

It started with HARaPPA civilisations and that was the first time a attempt was made to show the living style of Indus valley people.

The series on ramayan and mahabhart was great........totally diff from colourfull sets of ramand sagar and b r chopra !!

The dresses and ornaments used were exactly like that of HARAPPAN ERA !
thus linking them with the coming of Aryans

i know abt the TRUSTED member conditions ......but the attachemnt was already gone ! so felt like at least veryfying the facts abt the serial !1

wasie mera email id hai oyesonu@gmail.com tongue.gif tongue.gif

agar aapko problem na ho to bhej de smile1.gif

Thnx for the repl;y thumbs-up.gif

Sonu

ani_ya27
Hello shyamji Iam also freakin dying for this serial but untill i get it i want atleast title song and as iam new member, i am not trusted sad1.gif .........but u can trust me and email me title tarck at anishgupta@gmail.com. it'll be so nice of u...thnx.. bye.gif
gkshyam
I promise to send you both.....just give me 2-3 days time..... ok??? smile1.gif
ani_ya27
clap1.gif Thnx......u can send it anytime you find comfortable!......... bye.gif
oye_sonu
QUOTE(gkshyam @ Aug 3 2005, 10:00 PM)
I promise to send you both.....just give me 2-3 days time..... ok??? smile1.gif

GK ji thanks for the offer........i know uplaoding takes lot of effort

iam waiting for your mail

Sonu bye.gif

oyesonu@gmail.com
cleverace
hey how can i downlaod the songs of BHARAT EK KHOJ, i am unable to see any link through which i can download the song
oye_sonu
Thanx GK shyam ji got the Bharat ek khoj song

Thanx for uplaoding thumbs-up.gif

Sonu
gkshyam
Good to know that you got that file....Hope you enjoyed it.....and hope the others from this thread, whom I had sent too.....have got it too!!!! thumbs-up.gif smile1.gif
Dreamer
Hi Shyam ji,

i am a new member, quite amazed to see the forum like this, and able to read post from the likeminded guys,
is that possible for you to send me the title song of "BHARAT EK KHOJ".

thanks

gkshyam
Check your mail friend....... Its there!!!!! thumbs-up.gif smile1.gif
Nimii
I am lookin for the title track of the serial Rajani !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asha ji has sung the song..

The serial featured Late Priya Tendulkar sad1.gif

N sad1.gif
shivani
Shyama.. please ul the titel track for Bharat ek khoj again sad1.gif
gkshyam
OK Shivani smile1.gif Here's that track for you....... AGAIN!!!!!! party2.gif smile1.gif

Title: Bharat - Ek Khoj
Music: Vanraj Bhatia
Director: Shyam Benegal
linuxmad
thx
Viplove
QUOTE(gkshyam @ Nov 30 2005, 08:08 PM) *

Check your mail friend....... Its there!!!!! thumbs-up.gif smile1.gif

How do I get this amazing track. I am not a trusted member of this forum and I dont have a clue of how to be one....can you please help/

Thanks
Viplove
gkshyam
VIP..... it will take some time before you are promoted from a Newbie to a Trusted member, based on your regular participation on the forum overall. But if you want the track sooner, I can send the track to you through mail. Do reply with ur email address. smile1.gif
tinkuawasthi
QUOTE(gkshyam @ Dec 22 2005, 06:03 PM) *

VIP..... it will take some time before you are promoted from a Newbie to a Trusted member, based on your regular participation on the forum overall. But if you want the track sooner, I can send the track to you through mail. Do reply with ur email address. smile1.gif

dear sir i also want the title track of bharat ek khoj and not a trusted member
my mail id is tinkuawasthi@yahoo.com
kindly send me the track

thanx in advance
friend4u

Thanks a lot...I had not been into music that much..but based on this site and u guys i can say my music taste has improved and I have started enjoying indian music..thanks. this no is awesome as usual.

take care
ustaadji
wow i am amazed by this forum.. just joined it and i already have misty eyes by remembering my childhood..
thank u for this wonderful place..
also i would luv to have the title track of "BHARAT EK KHOJ"
never imagined that i could ever hear it again except in my memories.. now i am sure i can.. please email me on arkaan79@yahoo.co.uk
thanx
ustaadji wink2.gif
Firefly
Can I have the same track please - it feels nice that past is coming alive.... never expected this... qid2firefly@yahoo.com - Thanks
mohit
QUOTE(gkshyam @ Apr 12 2005, 10:39 PM) *

hey from where we can download it.
our post does not mention the link. Plz post the link.
MrMoustache

thanks a gazillion, awesome share!!!
uwrittenword
hi everyone,
i am a total newbie to this forum.(just abt 10 mins old actually). i chanced upon it while looking to download the title track of buniyaad. my other fav title track is from bharat ek khoj (funny i remembered it to be bharat ki khoj.lol). i have been searching for this for months now. plz can u email it to me.if u have the title track of buniyaad then that too plz. really will be very grateful. my email address is unwrittenword@gmail.com
thx
srikanth sapur
hey guysss i'm new to this forum and i love track can u plz send the track to mail id or upload it again...my mail id is srikanth141980@yahoo.com
Orthologian
Hi Guyz, Thanks for uploading this song and sharing for all of us here !! These songs and the others were the last things on earth I could imagine to be available on Net.. This forum rocks !! It has reminded of my childhood days... I will be posting my stuff here soon !!
mandar2019
Hi... I m new.. can u plaease send me the title song of BHARAT EK KHOJ???
my email add. is mandar2019@gmail.com

Thanx..
gkshyam

Hey forum members.........Here's the title track of the famous Doordarshan Serial "Bharat-Ek Khoj". The series was based on the Discovery Of India, directed by Shyam Benegal, and the title track was done by famous composer Vanraj Bhatia. The track was a mixture of Sanskrit Slokas from (Rigveda, I presume), and their translations in Hindi. A Very differently done track, very high on 'experimentation' for 'those' times.....and a sure 'HIT' during those DD times.....ENJOY!!!!!!

Ok...... I'm uploading the title track of "Bharat - Ek Khoj" again, for all the members who messaged me, asking fo a re-upload. smile1.gif Enjoy!!! thumbs-up.gif
vinadha
Hello Shyam,

I am a new member to this forum and I am been really impressed by this forum to bringback the memories of our days with doordarshan. Can you please send the title track of Bharat-Ek-Khoj to silpagopal@yahoo.co.in.

Thanks in advance
gkshyam
Fine.... shall mail the track to you in a day or so smile.gif Enjoy the forum..... nice to know you liked it smile1.gif
ramesh
could u pl. mail me the title song of "Bharat Ek Khoj"

regards,

ramesh

xen10
QUOTE(gkshyam @ Apr 13 2005, 04:09 AM) *

i'm new member. i have never seen bharat ek khoj bcoz i was kid then. but my sis told me abt this song. pls email me kknight_10@yahoo.com
raja t
i'm very much interested in the bharat ek khoj music. can you please send it to my email id, rtnair@gmail.com?
Rockisnotdone
thanks buddy
constantine

thanks a million yaar!!!
great work!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.