Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noor Jehan's 1st Movie Song
Hamara Forums > Legends > Noor Jehan
waqas
hay every body.
This is NJ's 1st movie song. It is in panjabi. my mother tongue. NJ was probably 9 when she sang this song. Check out the "uthan" in her voice. See how her voice shoots when she says "jawaniyaan".
I'll try to mind the information on the movie. If some one else has it pls share.
Peace
Waqas.Click to view attachment
Pulkit
Hi Waqas

Nj was 13 when she recorded for Gul-e-Bakawali, and this particular song is really a nice rendition. I have another song by Noor Jehan from the same film, 'pinjare de vich qaid jawanii, mastanii' which is a superb rendition, her emoting capacities and recitals are great in this song. I'm also aware that she sang another song in the same film besides these two which was 'ik sone jae jangal vich', and my search is on for this third piece smile1.gif .However, there was another Punjabi film for which she recorded before Gul-e-Bakawali and I'm searching for that as well. In her songs from 1930s and early 40s there is a unique kind of innocence in her voice which I like a lot, two examples come to my mind- Chham Chham Aedi Kaidi Soni Chal(a duet with Ghulam Haider in Chaudhary,1940) and 'hum khelenge aankh micholi' from Khandan(1942).

happy listenings smile1.gif
jamalf_akbar
Hi Pulkit and Waqas,

Just to add fuel to the 1926/1929 birthday debate ... I remember in a Noor Jehan interview they showed on TV here in the UK she mentioned that she was 9 or 10 when she sung this song. I have the interview on video so will try and digitise the audio to share with everyone.

Welcome to the Forum Waqas - it really is treat being a part of it.

Take care,
Jamal
Inaam
QUOTE(jamalf_akbar @ Apr 4 2005, 03:40 PM)
I have the interview on video so will try and digitise the audio to share with everyone.

O Great News!!!!! Do share the interview Jamal, it will be a big treat for all of us. smile1.gif

Pulkit
Yeps, this year debate is great. NJ obviously would have liked to underestimat her age tongue.gif , she once said - 'Jad Chitte Chitte Walan wale Kaide Ne ki Assi thawanoo bachpan vich vekheya si tadon mainnu changa ni lagda' (I hate it when people with silverish white hair comment that they saw me in their childhood.)

I also have this interview where she sings a line from Shala Jawaniyaan Maane, and says- 'is bal ko agar kisi 9 -10 saal ke bachche do de den to woh biscuit bhi khayega to uske haath se gir padega, baar haal maine gaya.'
Inaam
QUOTE(Pulkit @ Apr 4 2005, 07:18 PM)
I also have this interview where she sings a line from Shala Jawaniyaan Maane, and says- 'is bal ko agar kisi 9 -10 saal ke bachche do de den to woh biscuit bhi khayega to uske haath se gir padega, baar haal maine gaya.'

O this is from Tarannum Pulkit where she was talking about Master Ghulam Haider! I also have this.

Pulkit
I don't know if it was initially recorded for Tarannum but now has found its place into Tarannum VCDs. smile1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.