Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kaifiyat

, Kaifi Azmi - The Poet Extraordinaire

17 Pages V « < 15 16 17 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaifiyat, Kaifi Azmi - The Poet Extraordinaire
swarapriya
post Apr 16 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #237

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Chand Grahan (1997)

This movie started in 1973 by Ramesh Khosla who then ran into several problems. Jaidevji scored four songs for it featuring two by Lataji and two by Mukeshji. All these songs were penned by Kaifi Azmi Saab. But the movie got delayed and was eventually shelved as one by one people who were associated with this production passed away. These included Khosla, Jaidev, Mukesh and Azmi.

Twenty-four years later, in 1997, Khosla’s son Robin decided to revive the project. He had another song recorded by Ashaji. Lyrics for the song were penned by Rajesh Johri and the music was composed by Santosh Nair. But Robin Khosla also ran into difficulties of raising finances to finish the project and finally decided to abandon it. I am not 100% sure of this but later apparently songs were used for some television project.

So the film was never released. Like its title it was doomed from the beginning and suffered occultation. But thank God for those who decided to release this music as a CD album. It is simply a marvelous piece of work by everyone involved.

Here are the songs from this beauty…

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 16 2012, 10:07 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Apr 16 2012, 05:26 PM
Post #238

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 335

Swarapriya, thank you for uploading the "Chand Grahan" songs. I had only a low-res version of "mai.n jaanuu.N naahii" and was looking for a better version - yet again, the need that was met by one of your uploads! I have lost track of the number of times this has happened - thank you again for each one of them!

A small nitpick: the female singer in "tumhii.n ne dil ko dil samajhaa nahii.n hai" comes in only for a few seconds of humming at the very end of the song; putting her name first in the singer credits doesn't reflect the fact that, for all practical purposes, it is a Mukesh solo. Also, putting her name up front might lead people to believe that the singer is our beloved malikaa-e-tarannum!

Warm regards,
Abhay
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 16 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #239

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(abhayp @ Apr 16 2012, 04:56 AM) *

Swarapriya, thank you for uploading the "Chand Grahan" songs. I had only a low-res version of "mai.n jaanuu.N naahii" and was looking for a better version - yet again, the need that was met by one of your uploads! I have lost track of the number of times this has happened - thank you again for each one of them!

A small nitpick: the female singer in "tumhii.n ne dil ko dil samajhaa nahii.n hai" comes in only for a few seconds of humming at the very end of the song; putting her name first in the singer credits doesn't reflect the fact that, for all practical purposes, it is a Mukesh solo. Also, putting her name up front might lead people to believe that the singer is our beloved malikaa-e-tarannum!

Warm regards,
Abhay

Abhay,

Thank you.

Your point is well taken. I made a change to the table to reflect your suggestion.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 22 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #240

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Naseem - The Morning Breeze (1995)

This award winning movie starred Kaifi Azmi. It was based on the communal tensions between the Hindus and Muslims during the period of December 1991 and December 1992. The story revolves around the bringing down of the Babri Masjid on December 6, 1992 and its effect on a Muslim family. Azmi Saab played the role of the grandfather and the other main character is that of the granddaughter Naseem played by Mayuri Kango.

I have been looking around to get a DVD or VCD of this film. It just isn't available. Searching on the Internet, I found a video clip from the movie. It is about 3 minutes long.

I am not sure whether there are any songs in this movie. If so, I don't have any to upload. If there are any, please kindly share. Thank you.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 30 2012, 01:20 AM
Post #241

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Tamanna (1997)

This is another very fine album from Anu Malik. Mahesh Bhatt, who made several good films to his credit, always had good songs in his films. Even though he is no longer directing, the films he is making even today have this tradition going.

This film was produced by Bhatt's actress-daughter, Pooja. Even though the songs in this film are not in the same caliber as their previous effort "Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee (1993)", still you will find that there several good songs in this album as well. I am uploading these songs from an original soundtrack album in two back-to-back posts.

Here is the first set of songs...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 1 2012, 12:46 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 30 2012, 01:36 AM
Post #242

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Tamanna (1997)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from one of the finer efforts of Anu Malik...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 6 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #243

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Such a Long Journey (1998)...

This is the last film in this thread we will be dealing with. This thread started nearly 22 months back and yet it doesn’t seem like a long journey. It was the idea seeded in my mind by a friend whom I never met and one of our favorite members of this Hamara Forum Family, late Erum Hashmi, that prompted me to start this thread. I dedicated this thread in her memory at that time. My many heartfelt thanks to her for this.

In this nearly two year period we covered over 90 plus films of the poet extraordinaire, Azmi Saab. In reality, in this last film, it is in English; Azmi Saab didn’t provide any lyrics. In the movie apparently there was a mention of several films and lyricists. Azmi Saab was one of them.

The movie was based on a novel of the same name written by Rohinton Mistry. The book won several prestigious awards. It was translated into many languages. It was used for study of literature at Mumbai University. But Shiv Sena’s leader Bal Thackeray crusaded and finally was able to remove it from the syllabus as he felt that several passages in the book were derogatory to Maharashtrians.

Critics were divided about the end product. Some thought it was a great film experience and others thought it was a bit disappointing. A New York Times critic called that “…the film that might be devastating and unforgettable is merely touching…”. Another critic described it as “…a chunky mess that looks like an impressionist’s painting and smells like pee…”. On the other side, the noted film critic of Chicago Tribune Roger Ebert had high praise. He wrote that the “film so rich in atmosphere it makes Western films look pale and under populated. It combines politics, religion, illness and scheming in the story of one family in upheaval, and is very serious and always amusing.” In the end he satisfyingly concluded that “…it suggests a society that has more poverty than ours, but is not necessarily poorer, because it has a richer texture of daily life…”.

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 6 2012, 10:51 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 6 2012, 03:13 AM
Post #244

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dak Ghar (1966)

Children's Film Society produced this one hour drama based on Rabindranath Tagore's short story "Dak Ghar". It tells the story of a day in the life of an ailing boy from the time he wakes up to the time he goes back into deep sleep by the night time. The one-hour drama the way it was shot is like series of beautiful paintings. To complement this Madan Mohanji composed beautiful music, songs as well as the background. Kaifi Azmi Saab wrote dialogues and the lyrics for the songs.

I am posting these songs from a DVD I just stumbled in to, thanks a million to a friend of mine. The tracks are a bit noisy but still they are not that bad. I wasn't sure of some of the singers' names. If you can identify, please kindly share.

Here is the melodious music from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
surhall
post Jul 6 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #245

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 86

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 6 2012, 03:13 AM) *

Dak Ghar (1966)

Children's Film Society produced this one hour drama based on Rabindranath Tagore's short story "Dak Ghar". It tells the story of a day in the life of an ailing boy from the time he wakes up to the time he goes back into deep sleep by the night time. The one-hour drama the way it was shot is like series of beautiful paintings. To complement this Madan Mohanji composed beautiful music, songs as well as the background. Kaifi Azmi Saab wrote dialogues and the lyrics for the songs.

I am posting these songs from a DVD I just stumbled in to, thanks a million to a friend of mine. The tracks are a bit noisy but still they are not that bad. I wasn't sure of some of the singers' names. If you can identify, please kindly share.

Here is the melodious music from this beautiful album...

namskar

very good i have before 3 song , now get all
+Quote Post
Viraj Padhye
post Jul 6 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #246

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 153576

Great upload SP:). Thanks.

Viraj
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 7 2012, 02:02 AM
Post #247

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(surhall @ Jul 6 2012, 09:14 AM) *

Dak Ghar (1966)

namskar

very good i have before 3 song , now get all

You're very welcome Surhallji. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 7 2012, 02:03 AM
Post #248

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Jul 6 2012, 09:33 AM) *

Great upload SP:). Thanks.

Viraj

You're very welcome Viraj. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
Achyntu
post Jul 19 2012, 01:52 AM
Post #249

Group Icon

Member No.: 235655

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 22 2010, 02:26 PM) *

Ek Ke Baad Ek (1960)

This movie was based on the family planning theme. It won the Maharashtra State Government Award for promoting the Plan. In spite the seriousness of the theme and a good musical score by ever so dependable Burmanda, movie was not a success.

Geetaji had a couple of beautiful duets in this movie. Her duet with Rafi Saab, a real beauty, reminds me of the great song from"Pyaasa (1957)", "Hum Aap Ki Aankhon Mein". But that was penned by Sahir Saab.

I am uploading all of the songs from this album in back-to-back two posts. The first post has all the songs from the film. The second post contains a few of the extended versions.

Here is the first set...

Request to re-upload this wonderful album. Thank you!

Bekasi ka parcham le khada hoon main akela,
Isiliye ke majrooh aur koi nahi jahaan mein.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 19 2012, 04:09 AM
Post #250

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Achyntu @ Jul 18 2012, 01:22 PM) *

Ek Ke Baad Ek (1960)

This movie was based on the family planning theme. It won the Maharashtra State Government Award for promoting the Plan. In spite the seriousness of the theme and a good musical score by ever so dependable Burmanda, movie was not a success.

Geetaji had a couple of beautiful duets in this movie. Her duet with Rafi Saab, a real beauty, reminds me of the great song from"Pyaasa (1957)", "Hum Aap Ki Aankhon Mein". But that was penned by Sahir Saab.

I am uploading all of the songs from this album in back-to-back two posts. The first post has all the songs from the film. The second post contains a few of the extended versions.

Here is the first set...

I will upload these songs in the "Three of a Kind" thread in a couple of days. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
Achyntu
post Jul 19 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #251

Group Icon

Member No.: 235655

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 19 2012, 04:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Achyntu @ Jul 18 2012, 01:22 PM) *

Ek Ke Baad Ek (1960)

Here is the first set...

I will upload these songs in the "Three of a Kind" thread in a couple of days. Cheers. -S

Thank you. I will look out for your post. smile1.gif

Bekasi ka parcham le khada hoon main akela,
Isiliye ke majrooh aur koi nahi jahaan mein.
+Quote Post

17 Pages V « < 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:17 PM