Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kaifiyat

, Kaifi Azmi - The Poet Extraordinaire

17 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaifiyat, Kaifi Azmi - The Poet Extraordinaire
swarapriya
post Apr 18 2011, 01:07 AM
Post #133

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Naunihal (1967)

Here is another beautiful album from the combination of Madan Mohanji and Kaifi Azmi Saab...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 25 2011, 06:03 AM
Post #134

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Anokhi Raat (1968)

Here is an extremely beautiful album from Roshan Saab where every song is an utter delight. Azmi saab wrote only one song for this album. Rest of them were written by Indeewarji. I am also including with this post a version song of Rafi Saab's solo "Mile Na Phool Toh". This one is sung by Sonu Nigam. It is taken from his album "Never Forget Me - Mohd. Rafi".

Here are these lovely songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 1 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #135

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Saat Hindustani (1969)

This was the movie in which Amitabh made his acting debut. It was made by the great K.A. Abbas. Amitabh won the National Award as the Best Newcomer for his portrayal in the movie.

Unfortunately, I have only one song from this movie. I am hoping that other members can come forward to help share the missing songs shown in red italics in the table below.

Here is the one song I have ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 9 2011, 07:10 AM
Post #136

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Baap Bahu Aur Beta (1969)

I don't have a single song from this album. I am requesting members to share songs from this album if they can. Thank you very much.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 15 2011, 03:46 AM
Post #137

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Satyakam (1969)

Here are the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 21 2011, 01:00 PM
Post #138

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dagabaaz (1970)

Azmi Saab penned lyrics for only one song in this album. Rest of them were written by B.D. Mishra. I am uploading these songs, all thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 29 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #139

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hamara Adhikar (1970)

Here are the songs from this film, all contributed by our members Deepakji and G. Nabeeji. My many thanks to both of them...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 4 2011, 03:58 AM
Post #140

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Heer Ranjha (1970)

This romantic tragedy was based on the work of Waris Shah written in 1766. It was a book of verses that was drenched with such a passion and has the insatiable romantic fervor as its main appeal. The story apparently was based on a true account of 16th century lovers and also part of Shah’s own love for a woman. The tragedy has been told many times over and again by several different authors (Ahmed Gujjar, D.D. Arora, and Mukbaz to name a few) but Shah’s work remains as an unsurpassed landmark of lyrical work and poetic intensity that is a testimonial of his literary achievement. Despite the critics categorizing it as a romantic tragedy or a mythical allegory or as an exercise in conventional morality it stood tall the test of time as a work of affectingly deep pathos of high romance.

This fabled story of the star crossed lovers has been a fascinating subject with film makers and cinegoers. It was made into a movie in 1929, 1931, and 1948, all before the partition. Later versions include those made in 1970 and 1992. It was also made in Punjabi in 2009. It was made at least once in Pakistan, in 1970. Some of these films worked and while others only fared average. But this 1970 version of Chetan Anand’s “Heer Ranjha” is unique in the sense that the entire film is done as a verse reflecting the original work of Shah. The film had no dialogues. All the verses and the songs in the film were written by the incomparable Kaifi Azmi. Azmi Saab’s verses replace the contrast between the tones, modulations, rhythms, and gestures of spoken words. Like Shah’s immortal work, this work by Azmi Saab and the experiment by Anandji have distinguished themselves as magnificent professional achievements.

I am uploading songs from this film in back-to-back two posts from an original soundtrack album. The second post also contains several specials. Now for a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves …

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 4 2011, 04:11 AM
Post #141

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Heer Ranjha (1970)"...

I am uploading in this post rest of the songs from this beautiful album and several specials. These include an audio clip from the album "Legends: Madan Mohan - The Instinctive Genius (CD 4)" with an introduction by Madan Mahanji. The other one is another audio clip with Maana Dey's introduction. It is from the album "Legends: Mohd. Rafi - The Virtuoso (CD5)". Finally, the third special is a version song by Anuradha Paudwal, "Do Dil Toote". This one is taken from the album "A Tribute to Madan Mohan".

Here are these specials and rest of the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 12 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #142

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Maa Ka Aanchal (1970)

Here is another film with the combination of Azmi Saab and Mohanji. Their combination culminated in some great albums. This one is another beauty from them.

It appears like I may be missing the song shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, and if you have the song, please kindly share it with rest of us. Thank you.

Now the songs form this another Lata-less album from Madan Mohanji...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 20 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #143

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Maharaja (1970)

Here are the songs from this album with the title music by the courtesy of the Forum member, Debopriyo. Thanks Debo...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 20 2011, 12:09 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 25 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #144

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Saat Phere (1970)

I have only two songs from this album that I am uploading here. Both of these are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Unfortunately quality of these songs in not that great. But they are worth the gold because Rafi Saab sang both of them. I am requesting members to share these and the rest of the missing songs, shown in red italics in the table below, if they can. Thank you.

Here are the two songs I have...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Jun 26 2011, 11:32 AM
Post #145

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 76169

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 25 2011, 11:17 PM) *

Saat Phere (1970)

I have only two songs from this album that I am uploading here. Both of these are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Unfortunately quality of these songs in not that great. But they are worth the gold because Rafi Saab sang both of them. I am requesting members to share these and the rest of the missing songs, shown in red italics in the table below, if they can. Thank you.

album uploaded here ........
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...;hl=Saath+Phere

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 26 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #146

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Jun 25 2011, 11:02 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 25 2011, 11:17 PM) *

Saat Phere (1970)

album uploaded here ........
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...;hl=Saath+Phere

Thank you Debo for the pointer and the songs. My thanks also to Neeraj and Dharmanji. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
Viraj Padhye
post Jun 26 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #147

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 153576

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 12 2011, 12:52 PM) *

Maa Ka Aanchal (1970)

Here is another film with the combination of Azmi Saab and Mohanji. Their combination culminated in some great albums. This one is another beauty from them.

It appears like I may be missing the song shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, and if you have the song, please kindly share it with rest of us. Thank you.

Now the songs form this another Lata-less album from Madan Mohanji...

Waqt meherbaan hain - Asha 128kbps.

Viraj
+Quote Post

17 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:27 PM