Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Three Reigning Queens

, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis

64 Pages V « < 58 59 60 61 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Three Reigning Queens, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis
swarapriya
post Sep 19 2011, 06:37 AM
Post #875

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Vadina Gaari Gaajulu (1955) - A Telugu Film

I have three songs from this album that I am uploading here. This film and the Hindi film "Bhabhi ki Chudiyan (1961)" were based on the Marathi film "Vahinchya Bangdaya (1953)".

Here are the three songs I have...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 19 2011, 06:45 AM
Post #876

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Vadina Gaari Gaajulu (1995) - A Telugu Film

This film and the Hindi film "Bhabhi ki Chudiyan (1961)" were based on the Marathi film "Vahinchya Bangdaya (1953)". Here are the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Sep 19 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #877

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 19 2011, 07:31 AM) *

Bhabhi Ki Chudiyan (1961)

Pen some unforgettable lyrics. Compose everlasting music creating melodious tunes for them. Have those songs sung so that they stay in your minds forever with their sweeping sweetness scattered all over. When you mix all these ingredients what you get is "Bhabhi Ki Chudiyan". This is one of the finest albums ever created with Lata ji at her best.

Sudhir Phadke (see the attached picture below), the composer for this film, was a great Marathi singer and composer who also created some beautiful music for some Hindi movies. He ruled Marathi film world for over five decades. A fierce nationalist (connected with RSS for most of his life), he won numerous awards in his lifetime. He won the Rashtrapati Award in 1963 for a Marathi film. In 1991 Sangeet Natak Academy recognized him with its award. Three months before he passed away, in April 2002, he was presented with Sahyadri Swara Ratna Puraskar.

The film was made from a hit Marathi film “Vahinchya Bangdaya” made in 1953. Some of the actors from this film also appear in the Hindi version. Parag Sankla, one of our learned members, tells us that Seema Deo, Sulochana, and Durga Khote are in both the films. Incidentally, the Hindi version came eight years after the Marathi version. A Telugu film was made in 1955 based on the Marathi original. It was called “Vadina Gaari Gaajulu” and was released in 1955. I will upload some of the songs from this film in this section after I am done with the Hindi songs. Apparently, the movie was made again in 1995 in Telugu with the same title “Vadina Gaari Gaajulu”. I am not certain of this but I am also including some of the songs from that film as well here.

I am uploading below all eight songs from “Bhabhi Ki Chudiyan”. Most of these songs came from CDs. Quality of these songs is fairly good. However you may find an occasional skip if you pay serious attention. I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all of the songs from the film. The second post contains a couple of extended version songs and a special. Both extended versions are thanks to the courtesy of our fellow member Abhay. Thank you very much Abhay. The special is the song from Lata ji's "In Her Own Voice" CD-2, where she talks about the lyricist Pt. Narendra Sharma. She talks about him in the beginning and also after the song "Jyoti Kalash". In the second part of this upload Lata ji talks about Sharma ji again but this time in reference to another song. It is fascinating to listen to what Lata ji has to say.

Here are the songs in the first post…

here is the song JYOTI KALASH CHHALKE sung by SUDHIR PHADKE by himself
enjoy
taiyab

This post has been edited by taiyab53: Sep 19 2011, 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 19 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #878

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Sep 19 2011, 04:37 AM) *

Bhabhi Ki Chudiyan (1961)

here is the song JYOTI KALASH CHHALKE sung by SUDHIR PHADKE by himself
enjoy
taiyab

Thank you very much Taiyab for sharing this. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 26 2011, 02:13 AM
Post #879

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Madhubala) Half Ticket (1962)

This zany comedy which paired the husband & wife team of Kishoreda and Madhubala was inspired by the Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin Hollywood English comedy hit "You're Never Too Young" that was released in 1955. I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts from an original soundtrack album.

One of the highlights of the film is the duet sung by Kishoreda, lending his voice to both male and female vocals. The song "Aaake Seedhi Lagi", per Salilda, was originally to be sung by Lataji. For some reason Lataji could not make it to the recording session. Kishoreda immediately volunteered to sing the female portion himself. Before Salilda could make up his mind, the incredibly talented Kishoreji started singing the female portion. A brief introduction of this is included in the special version of this song in the second post.

Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 26 2011, 02:22 AM
Post #880

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Half Ticket (1962)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this incredible album. Incredible because, as mentioned in the first post, Kishoreda sings a duet all by himself. This is the song "Aake Seedhi Lagi". Salilda, who composed music for this film, had something to say about this in the special version included in this post. Details are given in the table below.

Now for the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 3 2011, 12:58 AM
Post #881

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Pyaar ka Saagar (1961)

This is another beautiful album from Ravi Saab. I am uploading all songs of this film from an original soundtrack album. Here are these...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 9 2011, 11:56 PM
Post #882

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Madhubala) Sharabi (1964)

This is a beautiful album from Madan Mohan Saab where every song was a huge hit. Rafi Saab's solos are absolutely gripping. There is so much sadness in the way he sang these songs as if he was experiencing the unending anguish and unrelenting pain himself. Not that he needs one, but this is another example of how great singer he was.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all the songs from an original CD. The second post contains a couple of extended version songs.

Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 10 2011, 12:02 AM
Post #883

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Sharabi (1964)"...

In this post I am uploading a couple of extended version songs from this film. Both of these were contributed by the members of the Forum. My many thanks to them.

Here are the two songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Oct 10 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #884

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 76169

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 10 2011, 12:02 AM) *

In this post I am uploading a couple of extended version songs from this film. Both of these were contributed by the members of the Forum. My many thanks to them.

Pawan Ke Mahine Mein - Snippet - 00:32 - 128kbps

This post has been edited by Debopriyo: Oct 10 2011, 04:31 PM

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 10 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #885

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Oct 9 2011, 09:07 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 10 2011, 12:02 AM) *

Pawan Ke Mahine Mein - Snippet - 00:32 - 128kbps

Thanks for the snippet Debo. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 17 2011, 05:18 AM
Post #886

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Zindagi Aur Khwab (1961)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "The Three Reigning Queens" thread in the "Sangeet ke Sitarey" directory. These are available starting at the following location...

https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...617&st=1020

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 24 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #887

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Madhubala) Jwala (1971)

This was the last film of Madhubala. This also is the last film we will be doing on her in this thread. We started this on August 10, 2009. After nearly 26 months we come to an end covering her films. In these 26 months we covered nearly 75 films. It has been a rare pleasure doing this thread. This lady was very special because she ignited our lives with her irrepressible beauty, infectious burst of laughter and a mischievous smile that lit her face and had the mesmerizing glow. This in spite of all the personal and health problems she has to endure most of her adult life. She was indeed a great lady.

Like mentioned earlier, this was the last film of Madhubala. She fell seriously ill while shooting for this movie and eventually passed away in February 1969 before it was completed. The movie that was started in the late 50’s was shelved for nearly 10 years. There were a myriad of reasons, most notably Madhubala’s poor health.

Even after Madhubala passed away the producer decided to complete and release the film using various actresses filling in for her. Eventually it was released in 1971, two years after Madhubala’s death. The movie was a financial flop.

This was the only color film in which Madhubala starred. “Mughal-E-Azam”, released in 1960, was partially shot in color. It was later completely colorized and rereleased few years back.

Asha Parekh who was yet to be launched as a full-fledged heroine with “Dil Deke Dekho” in 1959 had a small role in this film. She appears in a couple of scenes with Madhubala.

Before the movie was released the leading man of the movie Sunil Dutt had the top billing. But Sunil requested the producers to give Madhubala the top billing to show the respect she deserved. Posters were changed to respect his wish.

I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts. The first post contains all of the songs from the film. The second post contains several extended version songs.

Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Oct 24 2011, 01:20 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 24 2011, 12:59 AM
Post #888

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Jwala (1971)"...

Here are some of the extended version songs from this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
usrafian
post Oct 25 2011, 09:35 AM
Post #889

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1776

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 24 2011, 12:53 AM) *

(Madhubala) Jwala (1971)

This was the last film of Madhubala. This also is the last film we will be doing on her in this thread. We started this on August 10, 2009. After nearly 26 months we come to an end covering her films. In these 26 months we covered nearly 75 films. It has been a rare pleasure doing this thread. This lady was very special because she ignited our lives with her irrepressible beauty, infectious burst of laughter and a mischievous smile that lit her face and had the mesmerizing glow. This in spite of all the personal and health problems she has to endure most of her adult life. She was indeed a great lady.

Dear SP

My very humble regards to you in the same line as to Madhubala bow.gif

You have brought back so many sentiment moments by your unique style of description.

Indeed Madhubala was a great lady, you also fall in the same line. HF will always remember your generous contributions. wub.gif

Regards

USR

Dil Shaad Tha Ke Phool Khilenge Bahaar Mein
Maaraa Gaya Garib Isee Aitbaar Mein
+Quote Post

64 Pages V « < 58 59 60 61 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:57 PM