Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 171 172 173 174 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
swarapriya
post Jun 18 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #2572

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(pawan1234 @ Jun 17 2012, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 31 2012, 11:04 PM) *

(Hema) Maarg (1992)

This film apparently was never released in theaters. It was made under the title "Prem Dharam" or something like it. When it was not released, the name was used for another film. However, this Mahesh Bhatt-directed feature is available on DVD. I am uploading songs and some music clips from the film in two back-to-back posts ripped from a DVD. As usually is the case with a Bhatt film, there are some nice songs in this film as well.

Here are the songs in the first post...

mind blowing share swarpriya.
cant find this 90s albums anywhere.
do look at my requests too if u have

Thanks Pawan.

I am not sure what your requests are. If you would lilke some album to be uploaded you can request in these threads that I am associated with or send me a message through the Forum. I can entertain such request if I have the album available with me.

Cheers,
S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 18 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #2573

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(pawan1234 @ Jun 17 2012, 10:27 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 1 2012, 10:48 PM) *

(Rekha) Ek Naya Rishta (1988)

The combination of Rekha and Khayyam Saab that gave us unforgettable and hauntingly melodious songs bonanza of "Umrao Jaan (1981)" are back together once more for this album. The results are not as spectacular as their first venture but with Khayyam Saab at the helm one is seldom disappointed with the final product. That is definitely the case here.

Here are the songs from this fine album...

out of the world share.
Cant believe ur having such rare collection.
Keep them coming

Thanks again Pawan.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 18 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #2574

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hema) Swami Vivekananda (1998)

This will conclude posting of Hema’s movies. We started this thread 37 months back and in this period covered about 140 of her films. It was a pleasure sharing songs from her movies. Hema still continues to be active in this century either appearing in an occasional movie or producing or directing. The Hindi film career that started with “Sapnon Ka Saudagar” in 1968 brings a closure to this part of the thread with this fine movie.

This movie was completed in 1995 but for various reasons it was not released until 1998. It was considered for the National awards for 1995 and Mithun Chakraborty, who plays Rama Krishna Parama Hamsa, walked away as the Best Supporting Actor for that year.

Originally Naseeruddin Shah was cast for the role Mithun eventually played. But under the pressure brought by the Hindu extremists, producers have to drop the idea of a Muslim playing a Brahmin's role in this movie. When Mithun, a Bengali Brahmin, was cast in the role replacing Shah, the folks who originally protested vehemently and threatened even to stop any progress of the movie, finally quieted down.

Several film personalities from Bombay appeared in the movie. They had only brief roles. According to many critics, in the title role Sarvadaman Banerjee was brilliant. I saw the movie recently. In my humble opinion Mithun stole the show. His performance was simply marvelous. I thought he stole the show from Banerjee.

Producers took well over five years to complete the movie. But when the finished version was shown to the monks of Rama Krishna Mission, they objected to several scenes. One song was deleted and some of the scenes were reshot before it got their final stamp of approval.

Salilda, who was always brilliant with his music compositions, does it again here. He composed all the songs for the movie but passed away before scoring its background music. B.V. Karant (also known as Vijay Bhaskar Rao) scored the background music.

Finally, all these songs are by the courtesy of our fellow Forum member and a friend, late Erum Hashmi. Thank you very very much Erum for such lovely songs. You will be ever remembered for such nice contributions. May your soul rest in peace.

I am uploading these songs in back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 18 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #2575

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Swami Vivekananda (1998)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sangeet
post Jun 19 2012, 07:29 AM
Post #2576

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6366

Here are songs of Mohini, TV movie directed by Hema

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=709664

Sangeet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obscure Albums of 60s/70s/80s/90s
Random Obscure Tracks from 70s-90s
Kavita K - Down The Years
Need Info
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 19 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #2577

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sangeet @ Jun 18 2012, 06:59 PM) *

Here are songs of Mohini, TV movie directed by Hema

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=709664

Thanks Sangeetji. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 19 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #2578

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rekha) Clerk (1989)

Manoj Kumar waited another two years after his last dismal outing in "Kalyug Aur Ramayan (1987)" to come out with this movie. He assembled a good set of actors to surround him. This time instead of going for big name music directors, he had Uttam & Jagdish provide music. Songs from this film were not bad, but the film was. It was another missed mark for Manoj as he once again failed to deliver.

Here are the songs from this film in back-to-back two posts starting with the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 19 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #2579

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Clerk (1989)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
usrafian
post Jun 21 2012, 01:03 PM
Post #2580

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1776

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 24 2009, 11:42 PM) *

(Mumtaz) Rustom Sohrab (1963)

Here is a beautiful album from Sajjad Hussain. Some people have so much talent, but they are for some reason or other go unnoticed. It is a pity. Take a look at this album. It has some really beautiful songs. There is a not so familiar name like Sadat Khan giving an assist in a song. There is Suraiya singing in her beautiful and distinctive voice. There is also Lata's famous song "Aye Dilruba". These should be enough for people to remember a name like Sajjad Hussain.

Apart from these songs, I am also including two special versions of Lata's "Aye Dilruba" song. One is from her album "Lata In Her Own Voice-1" that includes her commentary. The other song includes commentary by Sajjad Hussain himself and is from the album "Legends: Lata Mangeshkar - The Melody Queen (CD2)".

Here are the songs ...

SP

My humble request to re-upload it again.

Thanks

USR

Dil Shaad Tha Ke Phool Khilenge Bahaar Mein
Maaraa Gaya Garib Isee Aitbaar Mein
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 21 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #2581

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(usrafian @ Jun 21 2012, 12:33 AM) *

SP

My humble request to re-upload it again.

Thanks

USR

Will do. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 21 2012, 10:53 PM
Post #2582

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rekha) Kasam Suhag Ki (1989)

Here are the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 23 2012, 03:48 AM
Post #2583

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I am re-uploading songs from this album on request. Here is this beauty from the creative genius mind of the composer Sajjad Hussain Saab...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
coolkee
post Jun 23 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #2584

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30564

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 23 2012, 12:18 AM) *

I am re-uploading songs from this album on request. Here is this beauty from the creative genius mind of the composer Sajjad Hussain Saab...

Thank you so much Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 24 2012, 12:23 PM
Post #2585

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(coolkee @ Jun 22 2012, 11:37 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 23 2012, 12:18 AM) *

Thank you so much Swarapriya

You're very welcome. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 25 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #2586

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Waheeda) Pyaasa (1957)

I am re-uploading these songs from one of my favorite movies of all time on request...

(Note: The following write up appeared in one of my earlier postings.)

This probably is one of the most profoundly affecting movie ever made in India. Appropriately titled “Pyaasa”, it tells the story of a young poet’s thirst for love, recognition, and spiritual fulfillment. The movie portrays an artist’s isolation and craving for recognition through dappled imagery and some magnificent picturization of beautiful songs with literary rich lyrics.

Based on a story written in 1947 called “Kashmakash”, writer Abrar Alvi comes up with a gem of a screenplay. Guru Dutt who acted, produced, and directed the movie changed the story on the very first day when the shooting began. Originally the story was about a painter. Guru changed the hero from the painter to a poet. A perfectionist, this was how apparently Guru Dutt worked. He never hesitated to make changes at the last minute.

The movie originally was to star Nargis, Madhubala, and Dilip Kumar. Nargis backed out because she was unhappy with Guru Dutt who dropped her husband Sunil Dutt from a movie that Guru was producing and directing. The movie apparently progressed well and canned even few reels but suddenly Guru decided to scrap the project quietly and didn’t even bother to inform Sunil Dutt about it. Madhubala backed out because she felt her experience with Guru Dutt from “Mr. & Mrs. ‘55” showed that he could be overpoweringly demanding and not easily satisfied. When both the heroines backed out, Mala Sinha was selected to play Nargis’ role and Waheeda was given the role that would have gone to Madhubala. For the first day of shooting when Dilip Kumar didn’t show up, Guru Dutt learned that Dilip didn’t want play the role because he thought it was going to be another “Devdas”. Guru then decided to cast himself in the role of the poet.

Guru Dutt also changed the ending from what Abrar Alvi wrote. In the original story, the movie would have ended with Vijay (Guru) meeting Meena (Mala Sinha) for the last time. But when the distributors saw this, they felt that it was too gloomy. Guru shot the last scene with he and Waheeda in each others arms started going towards the distant sunset in search of a better life.

Johnny Walker was originally cast to play Guru Dutt’s roommate (in the role of Shyam), kind of a negative role for Johnny. After several days of shooting, Guru changed his mind and cast Johnny as Sattar and took one of his assistant friends, Shyam Kumar, to play the role of Shyam.

The movie was dedicated to Gyan Mukherjee whom Guru Dutt admired immensely. Mahmood played the role of young Ashok Kumar in “Kismat” that was directed by Mukherjee. That is where Guru Dutt initially met Mahmood. Guru offered Mahmood to play his older brother’s role in “Pyaasa”. Mahmood also appeared in Guru’s previous film C.I.D. These were before Mahmood found his groove as a comedian.

For the important role of the publisher, Guru went back to his old friend Rehman. A fine actor, Rehman was not getting any decent offers. “Pyaasa” revived his career.

For Guru’s previous four films (“Baaz”, “Aar Paar”, “Mr. & Mrs. ‘55”, and “C.I.D.”) O.P. Nayyar composed music. This time because of the backdrop of Calcutta, Guru Dutt decided to go with S.D. Burman as the music director. He worked with Burman before in “Baazi” and “Jaal” and as a team they were terrific together.

S.D. was brilliant in capturing the magic of Bengal with gently lilting tunes and great background score that helped create the subtle atmosphere demanded by so many scenes. The background score was the same for each principal character in the movie. For example, in Meena’s (Mala Sinha) case, whenever she appeared on the screen, a harmonica was used to play a beautifully haunting tune. Incidentally the harmonica player was R.D. Burman. Sattar’s song “Sar Jo Tera Chakraaye” in “Pyaasa” was also composed by the young Burman, R.D. Recognizing the promise and talent, Guru offered R.D. his first job as a music director for his next project. After the completion of “Pyaasa”, Guru did start this project with R.D. as the music director, but after shooting few reels the movie was scrapped. R.D. used those recorded but unused songs for Mahmood’s first own production “Chhote Nawab”. By default it also became the first movie for which R.D. was the music director.

Sahir Ludhianvi was selected to write lyrics. Much of the credit for the success the movie enjoyed goes to the immensely rich lyrics written by Sahir. Articulating political commentary with humanitarian compassion and blending it with the experience of tragedy was the undercurrent of many of the songs written for this movie. Many people believe that Sahir’s own unhappy romances set a pattern of expression for these songs. Sahir never forgot what “Pyaasa” and Guru Dutt did for his writing career. Many a times he acknowledged Guru to be the principal reason for opening up the emphasis on content rather than on form in creating songs for the movies.

One of the things that made movie so great was the voices of Geeta Dutt, Hemant Kumar, and Mohd. Rafi. Every song they sang still lingers in your thoughts. But the song that symbolizes this movie is that atmospheric stunner, “Aaj Sajan Mohe Ang Laga Lo”. This probably is one of the greatest romantic moments ever filmed for a movie. Its sensuality is heightened by Geetaji’s mesmerizing voice that seem to oscillate by taking the listener between the earth and the heavens. A lovely interpretation of earthly divine love.

Mala Sinha was a relatively newcomer to Hindi films but already acted in many Bengali movies. However, for Waheeda, this was the first movie which demanded her to exhibit her histrionics and emotional skills. Guru was very patient with her. Encouraging and assisting. Instilling confidence. The end result was that a real star was born with this movie. Restrained and understated performances became her trademarks for most of her career.

This was the only second film for Waheeda Rehman. And her performance was simply brilliant as a prostitute with whom the hero finds solace and comfort. In such a demanding role, Waheeda gave an exceptional understated performance with effective emoting. She showed that she could be sultry and at the same time equally radiant.

The photography of “Pyaasa” adds another dimension to the movie’s unprecedented achievements. Guru Dutt and the cameraman V.K. Murty use black and white light effects and shadows so effectively that they leave their alluring imprints in heart forever. Imagery of Christ is used as a symbolic narrative, an allegory, of Vijay’s sufferings. When Rehman is reading the story in the newspaper about the death of Vijay, Meena is holding an issue of the Life magazine whose cover is adorned by Jesus Christ on the cross. Like Jesus himself, Vijay resurrects. When he appears for his own commemoration meeting, he stands at the doorway hands stretched much like Jesus on the cross.

In 2005, Time magazine voted “Pyaasa” as one of the 100 greatest movies in the world. A London-based magazine voted in 2007 Guru Dutt as one of the top 67 directors in the world. Quite a tribute to one of the great cinematic geniuses of Indian cinema.

In 1977, exactly 20 years after “Pyaasa” was released, it was remade in Telugu as “Malle Puvvu”. These songs were posted earlier.

Because of the number of songs, nazms, and verses this movie has, I will post them in four back-to-back separate posts. To start, here is the first set of songs …

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 171 172 173 174 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:13 AM