Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Is Symonds A Victim Of Racism??

, Isnt he and anstraila overreacting ???

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Symonds A Victim Of Racism??, Isnt he and anstraila overreacting ???
oye_sonu
post Jan 7 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2547

Harbhajan has been given 3 test ban punishment ! Australians have totally overreacted. They can do anything to win their 16th test.

No one can deny they played bit better cricket but didnt outclased Indians. ( thts wat they want to show..."they dominated others" ).

Saymonds may be of black ancestory(???). but I feel he was called moneky due to the sun cream he applies on his face. and his subsequent resemblence to a moneky. and indians are not used to using/seeing such creams( faces ) thts why those comments might have been made on him. and even if any Indian or subcontintent player had used such large amt of cream on lips or face , rude spectators certainly would have called him a joker or a moneky !
Rarely you find a indian player applying so much sun cream....... And few I t hink dont even use it !.
Why will indians call only one australian and why not blacks in england or S afraincn or W. indies team??

but I dont think Calling Symonds- monkey ., is anthing to do with racism !

Sorry for my poor knowledge..... may be I might be clueless abt some racist things used in western countries.

Australins IMO are certainly overracting..........and symonds specialy......

Sonu

PS : By australian defination. : Didnt indians did a "similar" racist thing to Inazmam when they called him " alloo". (off course it isnt racist at all !)

forgive me if I miss replying or reading ur post............bit busy :-( !
Duniya ne kitna samjhaya, kaun hai apna kaun paraya
Phir bhi dil ki chot chhupa kar humne aapka dil behalya
Khud hi mar mitne ki ye zid hai hamaari......
sach hai duniya waalon hum hain anari !

......back to basics!!!

My artists :-
Shankar Jaikishan- Composers with magical touch !!

This year we CELEBRATE 60 years of Shankar Jaikishan music . come join the celebrations !
Join the SJ fans group for more information :
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shankarjaikishan/

Join FACEBOOK shankar jaikishan group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123537751015751
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
azad
post Jan 7 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2731

QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jan 7 2008, 03:28 PM) *
Sorry for my poor knowledge..... may be I might be clueless abt some racist things used in western countries.
Just for your information, Sonu, discrimination of any sort on any level is not tolerated in Australia due to the diverse ethnicity in the country, so calling people names is legally and culturally an absolute taboo. The "monkey" episode and it's consequences could have been a direct implication of that.

Please look at this link, it might paint a different picture on the whole situation: http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/baggygreen...ory/329488.html

Please note, this is not my negative reaction to your comments, and neither am I defending or judging any team or any individual here, just putting some facts straight.

Azad
Paana hai kahbi, kabhi kuchh paana hai, kabhi kuchh khona hai, yahan jo hona hai hoga wohi
Yehi zindagi hai, yahan jiyein wohi log jo, saare gham bhulake aansuon mein muskurate hain

+Quote Post
venkat
post Jan 7 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

QUOTE(azad @ Jan 7 2008, 02:15 PM) *

Just for your information, Sonu, discrimination of any sort on any level is not tolerated in Australia due to the diverse ethnicity in the country, so calling people names is legally and culturally an absolute taboo. The "monkey" episode and it's consequences could have been a direct implication of that.

Please look at this link, it might paint a different picture on the whole situation: http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/baggygreen...ory/329488.html

Please note, this is not my negative reaction to your comments, and neither am I defending or judging any team or any individual here, just putting some facts straight.

Azad Saab,

I have opened the link provided by you and read Symonds' version. He says that the beginning was Bhajji stroking Lee's back with his bat while taking the run! But, are we sure that Lee was not wantonly blocking Bhajji's run? Frankly, I don't buy Symonds' explanation.

But, taking the discussion to another level, I feel the Austrtalians had been foolish in enacting all this drama. They certainly had the talent, aggression and wherewhithal to beat this inconsistent and erratic Indian team, in any case, and win the series with a majority of wins, if not as a clean sweep. When that is the case, they need not have indulged in all this. Foolish on their part.

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
azad
post Jan 7 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2731

QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 7 2008, 05:37 PM) *

Azad Saab,

I have opened the link provided by you and read Symonds' version. He says that the beginning was Bhajji stroking Lee's back with his bat while taking the run! But, are we sure that Lee was not wantonly blocking Bhajji's run? Frankly, I don't buy Symonds' explanation.

But, taking the discussion to another level, I feel the Austrtalians had been foolish in enacting all this drama. They certainly had the talent, aggression and wherewhithal to beat this inconsistent and erratic Indian team, in any case, and win the series with a majority of wins, if not as a clean sweep. When that is the case, they need not have indulged in all this. Foolish on their part.

Venkat
You may very well be right Venkat Sahab, but like I already stated earlier, I was not trying to defend anyones acts.

Azad
Paana hai kahbi, kabhi kuchh paana hai, kabhi kuchh khona hai, yahan jo hona hai hoga wohi
Yehi zindagi hai, yahan jiyein wohi log jo, saare gham bhulake aansuon mein muskurate hain

+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post Jan 7 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks for information Azad ji. Thts why I wrote tht bcoz we indians are totally clueless abt all humliating terms used for Racisim in western countires.

Infact to be frank Indians are target of racisim in countries with huge black population. ( leave aside talking abt White people) Pat symocox the S african off spiner once called local indians - Coolies . Same thing was repeated by Brain lara(?). for indians of West indies( or guyana??).

I have never heard Any indian sportsmen invovled in such activites.

I still insist there is total misunderstanding for the "monkey we meant " and the monkey they understood.

Sonu

PS : BTY outside sprts indians are invovled in racism..... good examples are cab drivers in US cities. they usually refuse Blacks and often make fun of them !( May be due to high crime rate among blacks??)

......back to basics!!!

This year we CELEBRATE 60 years of Shankar Jaikishan music . come join the celebrations !

+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post Jan 7 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 7 2008, 03:07 PM) *

Venkat

Venkat ji Well said. they have all the things to beat india. wat was the need to indulge in all thse things.?

Who has got the proof tht Harbhajan said all these thigns. Tendulkar and Anil kumble support Harbhajan. if they can belvie Aussie players why not Indians??

How could they give such a harsh verdict. where is the proof.?? it can be very demoralsing for Harbhajan and other players in general !

( check the way Ponting has been invovled in all this...... incidently he was bowled out by Harbhajan 3-4 times ! )

Sonu

......back to basics!!!

+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post Jan 7 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Frds read wat Peter Roebuck has to say in www.theage.com

Ponting 'must be sacked'

RICKY Ponting must be sacked as captain of the Australian cricket team.

If Cricket Australia cares a fig for the tattered reputation of our national team in our national sport, it will not for a moment longer tolerate the sort of arrogant and abrasive conduct seen from the captain and his senior players in the past few days. It was the ugliest performance by an Australian side for 20 years. The only surprising part of it is that the Indians have not already packed and gone home.

That the senior players in the Australian team are oblivious to the fury they raised among many followers of the game in this country and beyond its shores merely confirms their own narrow and self-obsessed viewpoint.

Doubtless, they were not exposed to the messages that poured in from distressed enthusiasts aghast to see the scenes of bad sportsmanship and triumphalism presented at the SCG during and after the match. Pained past players called to express their private disgust. It was a wretched and ill-mannered display and not to be endured from any side let alone an international outfit representing a proud sporting nation. Make no mistake, it is not only the reputation of these cricketers that has suffered — Australia itself has been embarrassed.

The notion that Ponting can hereafter take the Australian team to India is preposterous. He has shown not the slightest interest in the wellbeing of the game, not the slightest sign of diplomatic skill, not a single mark of respect for his accomplished and widely admired opponents. Harbhajan Singh can be an irritating young man but he is head of a family and responsible for raising nine people. And all the Australians elders want to do is to hunt him from the game. Australian fieldsmen fire insults from the corners of their mouths, an intemperate Sikh warrior overreacts, and his rudeness is seized upon.

In the past few days, the Australian captain has presided over a performance that dragged the game into the pits. He turned a group of professional cricketers into a pack of wild dogs. As much can be told from the conduct of his closest allies in the team. As usual, Matthew Hayden crossed himself on reaching three figures in his commanding second innings, a gesture he does not perform while wearing the colours of his state. Exactly how he combines his faith with throwing his weight around on the field has long bemused opposing sides, whose fondness for him ran out a long time ago.

Michael Clarke had a dreadful match but he is a young man and has time to rethink his outlook. That his mind was in disarray could be told from his batting. In the first innings he offered no shot to a straight ball and in the second he remained at the crease after giving an easy catch to slip. On this evidence, Clarke cannot be promoted to the vice-captaincy of his country. It is a captain's primary task to rear his younger players and to prepare his successor for the ordeals of office.

Nothing need be said about the catch Clarke took in the second innings except that in the circumstances, the umpires were ill-advised to take anyone's word for anything. The Indians were convinced that Ponting grounded a catch he claimed on the final afternoon at the SCG. Throughout those heated hours, the Australian captain remained hostile, kicking the ground, demanding decisions, pressuring the umpires. So much for his corporate smile over the past few years.

Probably the worst aspect of the Australians' performance was their conduct at the end. When the last catch was taken they formed into a huddle and started jumping up and down like teenagers at a rave. It was not euphoria. It was ecstasy. They had swallowed a pill called Vengeance, among the most dangerous on the shelves. Not one player so much as thought about shaking hands with the defeated and departing. So much for Andrew Flintoff consoling a stricken opponent in his hour of defeat.

Neither could Ponting nor Adam Gilchrist stop himself from publicly chiding Tony Greig for daring to criticise the timing of the declaration. They should have been thanking their lucky stars that three wickets fell in five balls, one of them in dubious circumstances. Australia had 150 runs and five minutes to spare. It was not fit conduct from an Australian captain or vice-captain. Ponting was rude towards Indian reporters at his media conference.

He has not provided the leadership expected from an Australian cricket captain and must be sacked. On this evidence, the time has also come to thank Hayden and Gilchrist for their services. None of them is a bad fellow. All of them will look back on this match not as their finest hour but their worst. Obviously, a new captain and side is required. But that is a task for another day. It is possible to love a country and not its cricket team.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/cricket/pont...9554570948.html

......back to basics!!!

+Quote Post
Rushin
post Jan 8 2008, 03:31 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 22828

QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jan 7 2008, 02:28 AM) *

Harbhajan has been given 3 test ban punishment ! Australians have totally overreacted. They can do anything to win their 16th test.

Sonu

PS : By australian defination. : Didnt indians did a "similar" racist thing to Inazmam when they called him " alloo". (off course it isnt racist at all !)

Bottom line is, Pointing is tired of getting out at Bhajji's hand.

For pointing it seems like, whatever works for him to boost his average is a fair game. How in the world the ICC chap agreed with Sym & Pointing (two proven liars) without any evidence to back up their statement?

Rushin

R
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Jan 8 2008, 07:56 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

To be frank, i lost interest in cricket a long time back, may be from the allegations of Match fixing, or the overkill of the game. Every day we can some team playing live match somewhere in the World.
But I watched the game for half an hour, the episodes of Rahul Dravid and Sourav getting out.. where it is very clear that both are mistakes of umpiring decisions. But what stands out is the way Ricky ponting put his finger up, denoting to the Umpire that Ganguly is out..and the way Clarke and Gilchrist appealed over the alleged nick of Dravid, even as he haplessly hid his bat behind his pads. Australians are especially not famous for their sportiveness on the field..From Border to the present lot, so we cant expect more anyway.
But maybe these are the moments to remember the real Gentlemen of the Gentleman's game...Courtney Walsh and others, who will be remembered long after for decades to come...

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
balajigade
post Jan 10 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4122

If you look at the other side of it, the errors Bucknors committed could be due to aging, the pressure and perhaps it is unfair to doubt the integrity of the umpire. But what is atrocious is the procedural mistakes committed by the umpires that drag them into bigger controversy. For example, Benson taking the opinion of the rival captain rather than looking at he third umpire. In earlier days we have seen umpire looking at the fielder to confirm whether the ball crossed the boundary or even to confirm whether the catch is taken when all but the fielder are appealing. But ignoring the presence of third umpire conveniently is the serious mistake. The umpire need not look at his 3rd counterpart once he is sure of his decision, though incorrect. But when he is in doubt he should look at the 3rd umpire or give the batsman a benefit of doubt.

--Balaji
+Quote Post
iiluu
post Jan 18 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 3076

QUOTE(simplefable @ Jan 8 2008, 07:56 AM) *

To be frank, i lost interest in cricket a long time back, may be from the allegations of Match fixing, or the overkill of the game. Every day we can some team playing live match somewhere in the World.
But I watched the game for half an hour, the episodes of Rahul Dravid and Sourav getting out.. where it is very clear that both are mistakes of umpiring decisions. But what stands out is the way Ricky ponting put his finger up, denoting to the Umpire that Ganguly is out..and the way Clarke and Gilchrist appealed over the alleged nick of Dravid, even as he haplessly hid his bat behind his pads. Australians are especially not famous for their sportiveness on the field..From Border to the present lot, so we cant expect more anyway.
But maybe these are the moments to remember the real Gentlemen of the Gentleman's game...Courtney Walsh and others, who will be remembered long after for decades to come...

wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:53 PM